Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 186
view profile
History
older women younger menPage 6 of 83    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
The man I am currently seeing is about 7 years younger than me and we don't seem to have any problems communicating and getting along with our ideas. We have a lot in common in that our background is quite similar ... I think that has a lot to do with it. I don't see any real age difference ... the only time I'm aware of it is when we have to give our birthdates for whatever reason.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 187
older women younger men
Posted: 6/26/2006 6:56:58 AM

As Green said age is a vitally important number. Older=loser/boring. Younger=amazing/awesome/fun.

Rabid ~ are you trying to get me beheaded here??? LMAO!!! I just want to clarify one thing: "Older=loser/boring Younger=amazing/awesome/fun" are your words.....NOT mine!!! Your life is over? You kill me. We have been around and around and around on this, and I can clearly see that you haven't read/heard a word being said: You are YOUNGER than me. You are YOUNGER than Cotter. You are YOUNGER than tons of ladies who prefer to date: YOUNGER. Don't you get it? If you'd stop the ever-present negativity ~ you'd probably have a dinner date. ****Sigh**** ****Shaking head in utter amusement**** ***Eye roll***

who_the_fox
Msg: 188
older women younger men
Posted: 6/26/2006 7:14:13 AM
I suspect that the problem Rabid is having is that he ONLY wants to date women in their early 30s or younger....

So it isn't that ALL women want younger men. It is the women HE wants to date want younger men. I think we have all pointed out to him that there are plenty of women who date men his age, but apparently he isn't willing to date any of them.
 c_deacon
Msg: 189
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/26/2006 7:44:39 AM
Green....

Does that mean that because I am older, positive, not a couch potato, very active, still have my hair, and can see my feet, I will not get a dinner date?????.....lol

OT.......There are many out there willing to try older or younger......all a matter of desire and having those sparks......

Just my opinion....
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 190
older women younger men
Posted: 6/26/2006 8:05:55 AM

Green....

Does that mean that because I am older, positive, not a couch potato, very active, still have my hair, and can see my feet, I will not get a dinner date?????.....lol

OT.......There are many out there willing to try older or younger......all a matter of desire and having those sparks......

I don't know what that means where you are concerned. My post was in response to Rabid's statement that he was unable to find a date for dinner.

Rabid: I just returned from my first "date" in over two years. He was 46. Don't know what more to tell you.

And Green says I am younger than her..but my age is old for you as you prefer younger than me.

I have NO clue where you get your information ~ I've never indicated that someone 38 is too old for me. The only problem I see with dating you is that I wouldn't be able to have a conversation based upon all of your rejections (that you proudly display in every forum post you write.) Plain and simple ~ I want what I want, you want rejection. Maybe we'll both get what we want.
 cotter
Msg: 191
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/26/2006 10:36:28 AM
Wow ... c deacon ... I can't believe no lady has been able to scoop you right up! WHEW!!! Of course, I don't consider you "older" at all ... how could I? I'm 57!

As far as I'm concerned ... you're young and hot! There is no doubt in my mind that I could easily keep up with you on any level ... however I have the feeling that gentlemen your age probably would never consider ladies my age. Thirteen years ago (when I got the divorce), it would have been a 44 year old considering a 32 year old.

Somehow, I never seem to be able to picture a man of 32 considering a woman of 44 and find it even harder to picture a man of 45 considering a woman of 57. On the other hand, I (now being 57) could easily consider a man your age ... now that I know that I still have all of the "desires of my youth" and the physical energy to actually keep up with a younger gentleman.

Back when I got the divorce ... who knew?

joedam26
Msg: 194
older women younger men
Posted: 6/27/2006 5:51:14 AM
Buddy, it is always nice when a woman can be forward but you've got to show some sack at some point too. If this chick is bouncing a shopping cart off your ass and smiling everytime you look back, don't you think she is being forward at that point and that you just came up lame? I understand what you're trying to say but that particular incident does not illustrate your point in my eyes. You just need to be more agressive.
 Simplicity*
Msg: 195
older women younger men
Posted: 6/27/2006 11:56:01 AM
Personally I think it's great i'm currently in a relationship with a guy who's 5 yrs younger than I am, and the sex is good, the conversation is good, we have a great time together, laugh all the time, I think he's awsome, and he feels the same.. What's wrong with that..
 Simplicity*
Msg: 196
older women younger men
Posted: 6/27/2006 12:08:43 PM
Oh my gosh, I totally agree with you about everything.. It's so true.. I think the age difference thing shouldn't be an issue as long as it's not rediculous..
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 198
older women younger men
Posted: 6/27/2006 9:08:10 PM
...Isn't life funny wolverine in that you call yourself an older guy and here I am calling you a younger guy. Don't give up, someone is going to come along and make you forget every single grievance you have. Trust me.

...maeflowers
 cotter
Msg: 201
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/29/2006 8:23:56 PM

...... don't feel it wrong as long as the two in the relationship are adults.
I think that's probably one of the best things to point out here. I do not see older women with younger men as "being with fresh meat" ....

... I see it as two adults spending quality time with each other ... nothing more. I see it as two deserving adults sharing their lives with each other.

verygreeneyez
Msg: 204
older women younger men
Posted: 6/30/2006 12:41:56 PM

My wife and I where together for 20 years while holding her in my arms I felt her last breath on my cheek I loved her she was one of a kind she was 66 and I am 44

Love is what that was! Sorry for your loss.
 cotter
Msg: 206
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/1/2006 12:35:10 PM
@rodher ...
My wife and I where together for 20 years while holding her in my arms I felt her last breath on my cheek I loved her she was one of a kind she was 66 and I am 44

Thank you for sharing that with us ... that had to be hard to experience ... losing someone who meant so much to you. I'm so sorry for your loss.
 cracked_jar
Msg: 207
older women younger men
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:52:42 AM
this is a good one, dating it all depends on the age difference as well as sexual. myself, i have dated some 8 years older than me and wouldnt go further. now sexually, i have gone further, but thats all it could be. i'm pretty positive that if i introduced my parents (52) to a women that was 55, that i would get a look of you've got to be kidding me?
 cotter
Msg: 209
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/4/2006 12:24:13 AM
Someone hurry up and get the two guys above this post an older lady ... she needs to be at least 25 to 35 years old. (I don''t consider that old, but given their ages ......)

Any takers on this one?
 no_1_bby
Msg: 210
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/4/2006 11:18:52 AM
Most of my relationships have been with younger men... I think I prefer them to an older man actually. All the older men I've met so far have been.. well.. not people I would want to be in a relationship with.

I am just having a hard time getting my brain around the idea of dating someone 10+ yrs younger then I am.. but I seem to be attracting them!
 cotter
Msg: 215
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/4/2006 9:17:32 PM

lets hear from some of those hot little young ones what they think, its all older woman replying. Maybe there still sleeping...
Maybe they just have nothing to say worth reading.
 cotter
Msg: 216
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/4/2006 11:36:38 PM

just my two cents..... probably not worth reading though right.....
Well ... I see we had one that stepped up to the challenge ... I knew if I stated it that way, that at least one young man would sock it to me!

Brooklyn ...

I repeat ... you are soooooooo cute!
 cotter
Msg: 217
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/4/2006 11:42:38 PM

Me thinks that was a set-up.....
Yuppers ... and now we know so much more about you!

Glad you opened up for us.
 cotter
Msg: 218
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/5/2006 12:18:19 AM
Yeah..... what do you know about me....????
WHEW ... where to start!

We know only what a person is willing to tell us ...

... and all insight into these issues is greatly appreciated.

As you may have read many of us older women who enjoy the company of a younger man are often labeled as "cougars" even though the intention is not there ... to swoop down on the younger men and have a go at it.

I think the issue in this thread is that there are a lot more younger men out there than previously thought ... just as eager in getting to know the older women, but it's almost always assumed that the "older" lady is the the one on the hunt!

It's always a pleasure to hear that men are playing just as much a role in this situation as the ladies are.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 222
older women younger men
Posted: 7/7/2006 5:26:25 AM

found out that all in all he was looking for someone to be "COMFORTABLE" with.....kinda like his Momma.....cook, clean, and wait on him hand and foot...which hey...I don't mind doing those things....but PLEEEZE....give a little back in return! His main love in life was is video games, computer, and TV. Somewhere along the lines I guess I might have crossed his mind....but rarely....when he needed a blow job or dinner...lol

Odd, sounds JUST like my husband....who was 5 years OLDER than me!

Being an ass has nothing to do with chronological age.
 bettingonyou
Msg: 224
older women younger men
Posted: 7/7/2006 7:24:00 PM
i love it !!!! I'm 24 and i just love older women!! A hot older women turns me on more than a hot young women!
 cotter
Msg: 225
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/7/2006 7:45:23 PM
@Who ...
Being an ass has nothing to do with chronological age.
Boy you sure got that right. I have been with older gentlemen who act the same as "faithfulheart" 's younger husband.

And I don't even want to make it a gender thing ... I also know a lot of gentlemen who just wait on their wives hand and foot ... take all kinds of crap from them and just keep going back for more. I often wonder how it is they stay with the women they have chosen.

Well, no matter what the magic formula is ... younger, older, same age ... we just have to remember not to take our partners for granted and always, always treat them with respect. I personally have no big preference about age ...

... do want him to be healthy, able to support himself and physically keep up with me. I'm a very active person (at 57) and just want the guy to be able to keep up with me and not spend the rest of his life on a couch ...
... somewhere. ... ouch!

I just moved and have no couch, so have no place for him to lay around and "zone" ... and if he thinks that's what the bed is gonna be for ... he better think again!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 226
older women younger men
Posted: 7/8/2006 9:41:47 AM
Who ~ dead on again!!!

~OT~ My husband was 9 (almost 10 years younger) and we didn't have the issues I've had with those my age or older. It is a person by person thing, but I've tried a few times and it is obvious that I just do not mesh with those older. Never have, never will ~ nor do I want to. Like it or not, I want someone to grow old with .... not someone I can watch grow old. For all of those who are going to tell me that men want that same thing ~ perfect...they aren't the ones (one) for me. I know what works in my life and it happens to be those younger than myself. Like the poster above, those men in my life who were long-term and younger did look older than their years. It's not necessarily physical appearance for me, it's a generational issue ~ I don't "get" men who are older and they don't get me. Personal preference is a wonderful thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >