Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 234
older women younger menPage 7 of 83    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
^^ well....folks you have no reason too. Orchun is only 39 years YOUNG and the gentlemen above her is only 57 years YOUNG. But Orchun or any one in her position should not feel bad with a guy that is alittle older. I think reason is crucial here and NOT letting ones hormones get the better of them.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 235
older women younger men
Posted: 7/11/2006 5:54:59 AM

"I am just having a hard time getting my brain around the idea of dating someone 10+ yrs younger then I am.. but I seem to be attracting them!"

although we appreciate the flatter. If you are having a hard time getting your mind around dating guys that much younger then.........maaaaybe you should just try to stay more around you age or a few years older ..no?
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 237
older women younger men
Posted: 7/11/2006 6:43:01 AM
18 years is not a little older...but alot older. While I don't have a problem with men that are slightly older then me, as a matter of fact I prefer it, I do have a problem dating a man that could have fathered me

Ok old enough to be father is another story. Just like for many guys old enough to be mother is too. However there are some that don't mind. as long as the heart and commitment and maturity is there, it can work. But the effort must be there too.

I didn't know you were reffering to the other gentlemen above you.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 241
older women younger men
Posted: 7/11/2006 8:56:22 AM
With the right "recharger" even men over 40 can be quite....um...astounding
 sugarbabygirl
Msg: 242
older women younger men
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:08:50 AM
IM NOT MAD AT YOU ..................LADYS GET YOUR FREAK ON
ITS ALL GOOD ...WHAT EVER MAKES YOU HAPPY
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 243
older women younger men
Posted: 7/11/2006 2:42:47 PM
~OP~ To your message #1, I'm with you. I have friends in "the real world" who have been in my life 20+ years and I have online friends from a year ago that I know so much more about. I've been single for a very long time and internet meeting/dating is the ONLY way I have met someone. I am careful (overly so at times.) After email and IM time, I insist on webcam conversations and prior to meeting, I run a background check. Some think that is extreme, I don't. I want to know what I'm getting into. You can know someone well without having to be in the same room with them. I know via the net if it is a potential date or a friend in the making. So, yes ~ you can know people well here ~ it is just a matter of how much interest/time/honesty/etc., that you put out there. Best of luck to you.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 249
older women younger men
Posted: 7/12/2006 1:17:55 PM
I often see guys posting that they want a woman 5-25 years younger and I have yet to see that on a woman's profile.

Why the big deal if a woman prefers younger men? Men have been chasing younger women for years.
 cotter
Msg: 250
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/12/2006 1:27:29 PM

There is nothing better then seeing Grannies in panties!
LMAO ... ... We still wear panties?

..... ..... Hmmm .... I just can't decide!

who_the_fox
Msg: 252
older women younger men
Posted: 7/12/2006 4:16:58 PM

To get to the 'why', I think you need to look at who's making this an issue.

It's not women and it's not guys my age.

That leaves one group of individuals.

Bitter old men?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 262
older women younger men
Posted: 7/13/2006 7:12:33 AM

I think many older women go for men their own age (or older), in addition to dating younger men. From the many posts from the cool outspoken women out there, you can see that the trend seems to be that older men (late 30s and up) go for the younger women. That leaves women who are in their 30s and up to seek younger men because 1) reasons stated in several posts, including mine; 2) there are more younger men to choose from than older men.

Nailed it.
 cotter
Msg: 266
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/13/2006 2:28:29 PM
@Underworld ...
Well ... can't speak for all, but some of us ladies are not in it for "mind blowing" sex ... steer "stamina" or any of that. If that's part of the package ... sure I can handle it. But it's not a prerequisite for a relationship.

I would say that if you look long enough you'll find what you're looking for. So if you believe that all women are like what you described ... you look long enough and you'll find it ... then that will justify your complaints.

For the record ... and it has been stated here numerous times ... not all older women are out there targeting or preying on younger men for any specific reason. Actually it's a select few. They have their reasons for what they do, but it does not mean that we should all be thrown into that lot with them.

It's been my experience that more and more younger men seem to be looking at the older ladies ... they all have their reasons and it doesn't really matter. What is important is that these people find meaningful relationships that function for them.

I'm sorry if things aren't working out for you in that area.

@jacknyc ...
Actually it's been my experience that the men lose their teeth long before the ladies ... must be a manly man thing not to go to the dentist on a regular basis ... right?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 267
older women younger men
Posted: 7/13/2006 2:34:45 PM
I am guessing here but is it mostly based on how good the guy is in the bedroom? When stamina and energy and keep up with you is used?

Nope, that has nothing to do with it for me. I'm a no love, no booty woman ~ I wouldn't know about their sexual expertise early on. I am far more interested in commonalities, intergrity, character, intelligence and emotional availability than sexual prowess. That's just me, others may view things differently.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 274
older women younger men
Posted: 7/15/2006 12:38:47 PM
Underworld, your posts bare a striking resemblence to RabidWolverine....hmmmm....could it be one and the same? He is the only guy I know who constantly talks about his failures. If you aren't him ~ a little advice, posting your failures in a public forum will probably not get you any closer to meeting someone who will like you for who you are. All they will see, hear, feel is your negativity. Just my opinion ~

~OT~ It isn't about the sex for me (I get so tired of that theory.) That little theory is getting as redundant as the myth about African American men/the size of someone's feet and that a man's winky is tiny when he swims in cold water. Although there may be some truth in all of those ~ it certainly isn't the rule. I prefer those my age or younger for my own reasons. It's personal preference ~ that's all.
 cotter
Msg: 275
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/15/2006 1:09:28 PM

~OT~ It isn't about the sex for me (I get so tired of that theory.)
I agree whole heartedly with VGE on this issue. I do not need a younger man for "sex". Actually, I can communicate and get along with just about any age man.

What I'm looking for is a man who can truly keep up with me physically. I dance, I ride a bike, I work on home improvement projects, I do all of my own gardening and landscaping. I am finding that men my age just poop out when it comes to things like that and I just want more out of life than lying around on the doggone couch! I seriously doubt that I'll be ready for that even at the age of 80.

Additionally, I am finding that men who are active as I am also still actively use their minds ... they'll give you a good solid debate any day and I enjoy that (and I'm not talking about arguments ... I don't need that). They're also a lot more flexible in accepting a little change in their lives ... more flexible about accommodating a partner into their lives, working with her to meet her half way with activities and life schedules.

Not that older men don't do that, but a lot of older men I have been meeting are very opinionated and are so set in their ways that they don't realize that just drives women away faster than coming at them in a freight train! I have come to view this as their problem and not mine and I have given up trying to convince them that by being like that they are driving us away.

So I have found that men my age and younger are just more appealing ... and in the end, that's what I want in a partner ... a man who appeals to me in many different ways. Sex actually plays a very small role in it ... it's just the icing on the cake.

verygreeneyez
Msg: 282
older women younger men
Posted: 7/16/2006 10:40:03 AM
My guess is like some guys have said, this trend of older women wanting younger guys will soon pass by. As I said before I am not about to date any women 20 years older or younger than me. I have nothing in common with them personally. And for myself to date someone old enough to be my my mom or young enough to be my daughter is just not for me. Sure may sound selfish as some say who cares, but like alot of women say, it is a preference. Someone close to my age is what I would want. I know that may be asking for alot currently because not as many women who are single at my age date their own age, but who knows one may change her mind after meeting me and think 'hey this guy is not how i actually thought he would be'

First ~ sorry about the identity question. He does not have two profiles ~ he deleted his profile. I was posting that comment about him, not to you. Sorry if it was off the mark, you do write a lot like him!! Not a bad thing ~ I liked him very much, he was just hell-bent on failure.

~OT~

It's not a phase or trend. It's just now being brought front and center. It is finally becoming public knowledge that women are able to attract and keep men younger than themselves. It's not a conspiracy to keep older men from finding someone ~ it's personal preferences that are finally being acted upon and discussed openly and honestly.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 284
older women younger men
Posted: 7/16/2006 12:59:50 PM
The only reason I say this is because I have yet to read any negative comments about younger guys.
And like what Verygreeneyez said it is a preference, but seems when i said my preference is my age range I am told to not limit myself.

I have noticed in certain threads there isn't much negative about younger men ~ BUT ~ we are all older or younger than someone. I run into those same comments. Age is just a number. Why limit yourself? It's about connection. Blah blah blah. No, it isn't ~ at least not for me. I look at it like this: my personal preferences limit ONLY me. And, my personal preferences (since they only apply to me) don't effect anyone but me. If a woman doesn't share my interests, that, to me, gives her a much broader spectrum of choices and options than I have. That should be a good thing for others. The reality is: look for what you want, no matter what opposition you may encounter. No one has to live in my relationship except me and whomever I'm with. I will never understand why my preferences are taken so personal by so many. To each their own!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 289
older women younger men
Posted: 7/16/2006 4:27:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^Boy ~ now that's a good point .... maybe that's why I don't date those older than myself....gravity might turn a chest to a belly ~ or better yet...reverse the process and turn a butt to a gut. Ekkkkk. I doubt it gets dark enough (even with the lights out) to camo those particular things. Hmmmm ~
 cotter
Msg: 292
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/16/2006 4:54:27 PM
How much older?... Do we have to keep the lights out, so I don't have to look at the result of gravity?
Your concern regarding this issue is for the most part unfounded since you answered your own question in your profile. It says you are seeking a lady between the ages of 33 and 45.

And just so you won't have to keep the lights out in case you should land a lady at the upper end of your limit ...

... I was thinking we could all take up a collection here and send you a good supply of paper bags. We do not want any man going blind after looking at us ...

... POF "older" women would never want to be responsible for something like that happening to one of our "younger" men.

....gravity might turn a chest to a belly ~ or better yet...reverse the process and turn a butt to a gut. Ekkkkk. I doubt it gets dark enough (even with the lights out) to camo those particular things.
LMAO at VGE.

OT: I do sometimes wonder where some of these "younger" men are hanging out that might give them the impression that all "older" women would only be appealing in bed if the lights are kept out!...

....mid-late fifties, and well... even if she took care of herself very well.. just some body parts (especially the butt)..start showing those sagging properties ... facts of life.
I qualify for that age and not only is my butt in fine shape, but I do not have saggy / floppy breasts either.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 293
older women younger men
Posted: 7/16/2006 5:08:04 PM
You know ~ I was thinking about this a minute ago, so I decided to call my mother. The woman has a stellar butt ~ I mean really...perky little thing, and she's 62. She also has a flat flat tummy ~ it's amazing really. She has NEVER exercised, never eaten carefully, nor does she worry about it. As for her ta tas, well, she can still pass the pencil test ~~ that is what I called her for...to make her take the pencil test...I think she's perplexed as to why I asked her to do this ~ but she did it. Hey, that means her sense of humor is still intact also. Go Mom!! Not all women age poorly, and not all men do either.
 cotter
Msg: 295
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/16/2006 5:20:02 PM
If I offended anyone... tough..
No offense taken ... but it would have been nice had you said "sorry" instead of "I hereby don't apologize... get over it..."

... "I hereby don't apologize... get over it..." with an icon sticking it's tongue out kind of sets a bickering tone.

Not sensative ... just really do wonder sometimes where guys get their ideas of what older women look like ... some of us really don't have to do much upkeep to still look nice at my age ... thanks to mom and dad ... it's genetic!

verygreeneyez
Msg: 296
older women younger men
Posted: 7/16/2006 5:22:00 PM
I don't think any of the men here would mind a remark like that

OH DEAR !!!!!!!!!! I'm going to assume you haven't been on POF long. You might want to go do some reading. Not only do men say stuff like that ~ they get downright vicious and personal. There are 100s of threads on this subject, check out the archived threads...it may shock you just a little.

LMAO ~ I don't worry about gravity....I know how to dial the telephone and I know how to look up "Comestic Surgery" in the yellow pages ~~ no worries here.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >