Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > older women younger men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daughteroftheking1
Msg: 1976
older women younger menPage 80 of 83    (43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83)
Regardless of age, use wisdom. Give your heart and not your body. Respect self and the opposite sex will either run or take courage and respect you.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 1977
Looks like the most popular thread
Posted: 12/20/2014 11:10:10 PM

bibbear86(d338024)
How do you feel about a sexual relationship between a younger man and an older woman?

Don't care what other people do.
If the older woman is sexy, attractive.... sure, why not?

Seems this is the most popular thread in this category called "Relationship Issues".
 CathyP726
Msg: 1978
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2014 8:46:01 AM
I've dated much younger men and men only a little younger than me. In my somewhat limited experience thus far in my journey, younger men are just interested in sex and they are generally not that good. I find older men much better. I think that is because older men might be looking at me as more of a potential " something" and put more effort into it. I need more information though! Lol but I'm currently changing my search for men with a little bit more of an interest in something more than just sex and so I have not been interested in the younger men lately.

But in general I see nothing at all wrong with younger men and older women. I'm approaching fifty though. (Just turned 49) so I might be past the prime cougar age!
 seducelove
Msg: 1979
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2014 9:23:32 AM
Hi well there will be pros and cons on this issue , since women who get interested in a much younger man might generally prefer him for sex matters and consider him as a lover, since a younger man is more energy efficient and simply hotter in sex, while an older man might not be a perfect choice for a woman wanting a man for the best sexual desires, while an older man or same age one in a serious relationship is surely a better choice. He has more experience in life and is able to deal with a relationship much better than a younger soul who is less experienced.

Visit my website on Seducelove.com for any dating and seduction advice.
 tall_fit
Msg: 1980
Posted: 12/21/2014 9:58:52 AM
Within 5 years is my preference. I am willing to make some exceptions and date a man that is a little bit outside of that age range. But it's highly unlikely I would date a man that is more than 10 years younger than myself. I think the age difference would be too large at that point.
 petula1908
Msg: 1981
older women younger men
Posted: 12/21/2014 7:45:49 PM
I agree that the younger man older woman scenario is great for the sex but not so much dating. Most younger guys don't want to actually go out on a date and spend money on the older woman. He in fact may expect her to pay. Seriously I have had that scenario......not into gigolos, pass..........
 petula1908
Msg: 1982
Posted: 12/21/2014 7:47:40 PM
seducelove,

You are here to advertise your website, that is about it. Against the rules I would have thought.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 1983
Posted: 12/21/2014 8:02:17 PM
^^^
Interesting Petula.

I met a woman 12 years older (58) and we both eagerly and happily agreed to a FWB type arrangement:)

We both want monogamy but understand that someone else might come along that we deem LTR. I'm a tad too young and she's a tad too old. There's enough physical attraction though.

We're enjoying the moment while it lasts.

As much as I wanted to be generous and accomodating with her, she insists on either paying half or offering to do other things, like sharing her timeshare with me or cooking the groceries that I payed for at the market.

I never once treated an older gal any differently then a younger gal.

Her complaints about men her age? The 'ambitious' men are type A a$$holes that are passive aggressive and want to be chased.

And then there's the men that have no libidos and want to settle down asap.

So...she wants passion. That's where I come in:)
 _mermaid_of_the_sea_
Msg: 1984
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2014 10:38:54 PM
I know a fair amount of couples in long term relationships including marriage where the man is 5-10 years younger. They're from this generation where it's increasingly common. If the connection is right and you're compatible, not to mention look the same age lol then who cares?
10 year difference? Meh. 15-25 year age gap though? Likely just really good passionate sex ;) although there definitely are exceptions as I know two women off the top of my head ages 40 and 41 (who aren't rich) in long term live in relationships (one is pregnant & engaged) with men 25 & 26 and they're happy. They can't be the only ones and it seems we just can't control who we fall in love with.

Btw: Have to say that the older woman/ younger man scenario is way, way hotter than the older man/ younger woman scenario, lol :)
 _mermaid_of_the_sea_
Msg: 1985
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2014 11:22:49 PM
jessebunnies wrote:

Posted: 5/21/2013 449 PM
{Younger men rock! I spent 8 years with a guy who was 10 years younger and it was awesome!}

{Age is really just a number. I have met men who are 45 where guys in their 20's act older than they are and visa versa. A number does not always equate to chemistry, energy and maturity.}

Exactly, cheers to that :-)
 south_city
Msg: 1986
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2014 6:01:45 AM
In terms of dating, my general age limit is about 10 years. Although I did briefly date a woman that was 12 years older than me. The reasons why it ended had nothing to do with the age difference. If I was looking for a FWB / casual relationship, then age is not a big factor. I had a FWB relationship with a 46 year woman when I was 28.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 1987
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 12/22/2014 8:10:01 PM

Women who only go after young have self entitlment issues

I date mostly younger men, usually within 5 -7 yrs younger than myself. It has NOTHING to do with self entitlement issues and everything to do with lifestyle issues. I'm extremely active and fit, I do crossfit 5 times a week, run and weights several days a week, I hike, climb mountains (just summited the volcano here in WA State last month), paddle boarding, I still go to clubs, drink and crawl into bed at 4 am amongst other activities. I stay still long enough to sleep in other words. There aren't many people over the age of 40 that can handle that type of lifestyle. The men who are working out with me, climbing mountains with me are in their 20's 30's. Younger guys understand when I say I have to be at Crossfit class at 6 am or why I don't eat hamburgers and french fries. They appreciate me for who I am because their out there living life with me not the value I bring being their eye candy on his arm as their co-workers whisper how he must have paid me, this younger gorgeous girl, to show up with him to dinner.

Everyone has their preferences and I'm fine with that. I see guys on here all the time that only date 10+ years younger and I have no issue with it. I think it should go both ways however. Women shouldn't be condemned for doing what men have been doing for centuries.

Younger men contact me for sex all the time - but so do men my age, so there is no difference.

That's true. They all want sex. I will also say that many men in their 40's are less likely to get back into a relationship since many of them just got out of long term marriages and usually have young children at least that's been my experience anyway.
 daynadaze
Msg: 1988
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 12/22/2014 10:17:48 PM
Personally, unless you are a young adult, I don't find dating someone 5-7 years younger as dating younger men/women. That's a pretty close age range, to me dating younger would be when they are over 10 years younger and even then, you are in the 40 age range, dating someone 30 seems pretty much like dating in your same range. Now 15 or more and you've reached an area where as you get older, it really will make a difference. Of course, to each his own.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 1989
older women younger men
Posted: 12/22/2014 10:27:58 PM
Most of the men I have dated have been younger than me.
My husband of 23 years was 11 days younger than me.

The age range all through my adult life has been +/- 25 years.

Yes when I was in my 20's I dated a man 25 years my senior and in my 50's I have dated a man 25 years my junior.
My first real boyfriend was 9 years older than me.
Dated a man for a couple of years since my divorce who was 19 years younger than me.
And yes.. he approached me in real life.

Preference???
Close to the same age is my preference.
We have more life experiences in common.
 south_city
Msg: 1990
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 12/25/2014 7:54:06 AM
I will also say that many men in their 40's are less likely to get back into a relationship since many of them just got out of long term marriages and usually have young children at least that's been my experience anyway.

In my experience, that can also apply to some middle aged women in the same circumstances. One possible difference is that these women may be more selective in terms of looks. They are primarily looking for sex with a man that they considered to be extremely attractive. Thus her sex partner often ends up being younger than she is.
 MommasLittleBoy
Msg: 1991
older women younger men
Posted: 12/25/2014 8:47:44 AM

older women younger men

This combination works for me and has always provided me the nurturing I need.
 ohenryx
Msg: 1992
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:33:56 AM
My 2 cents worth. Everyone, as they get older, would like to re-live their youth. This would include dating that hot young person that you used to be able to attract, back when you were young.

The older woman (and I don’t mean OLD), if she has worked hard to retain her figure, and is blessed with the right genes, can still have a younger man.

I myself am quite willing to date any attractive woman, no matter her age. But I am old, and overweight, and no longer “hot” by any definition. The women my age (60s) who are attractive to me all seem to be looking for younger and hotter, and I don’t blame them.

I have much better luck with women in their 40s and 50s who have a “few extra pounds”. The men in their age bracket are all avoiding them, going only for the slender women. I find a woman with a pretty face and long beautiful hair, even though overweight, to be much more attractive than a more slender woman with shorter hair and an entitled disposition.

Everything is relative, and you have to figure out what will work for you. I date because I’m interested in sex. If I were to find the right woman, it might turn into a lot more, no guarantees, but it has happened before. Many of the women my age, I look at them and would rather just stay home and watch the game on TV. And I’m sure many of them feel the same way about me! (smile)

But if you will widen your horizons, think outside of the box, try something you haven’t tried before (older, younger, bigger, smaller, outside of your own race, whatever), you just might have better luck. In the meantime, I do not criticize anyone for their choices. If two people can get together and make each other happy, more power to you!

This is the 21st century, we are finally learning to accept LGBT relationships, why should a few years difference in age upset anyone? Get over it, leave others alone, and concentrate on finding someone for yourself!
 CTRLvector
Msg: 1993
older women younger men
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:44:41 AM
Im all for it, and I used my own brain to figure that out.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 1994
older women younger men
Posted: 3/28/2015 5:49:43 PM
So...apparently there is little debate that it is ok if there is a 5-7 year age difference. Dating a woman that many years older than you, at least in my experience, isn't really dating an "older woman". Even 10 years is pretty much same generation.

What about a woman dating a man, 20+ years younger? I am thinking as in Burt Reynolds and Dina Shore kind of thing?

Possible?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 1995
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 3/28/2015 5:55:29 PM
wow Ozsealady

11 days younger!! You cradle snatcher you!! I have dated younger and older and it just depends on the chemistry and what you have in common. But I think anything more than say 10-15 years is too wide a gap if the guy is younger. Although I know those who have relationships with that gap I have yet to see them actually marry when the guy is younger. There is probably a strong nurturing component when the guy is quite a bit younger. Like a mother figure thing which is fine because we all know about the father figure thing.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 1996
older women younger men
Posted: 3/28/2015 6:07:33 PM

because we all know about the father figure thing.

oh c'mon. a mature woman has already raised her kids.

Maybe that the younger man sees an older lady as a maternal figure, I doubt if it is the other way aroun
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 1997
older women younger men
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:27:58 AM
The oldest I've ever been with was 11 years older than me.

When I was 40, I did have a 60 year old hit on me, which is of course a twenty year difference. The funny part is, it was my mother's best friend who's known me since the day I was born.
 Dee4166
Msg: 1998
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:45:57 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ewwww....sorry man, I just don't think I could 'get it up' for a man who I knew when he was in diapers!!! LOL

But if I DIDN'T know him then, and he's hot, I would and have had sex with a couple who were anywhere from 7-20 yrs. younger....

But that's sex, and for the most part, what they may have lacked in 'skill', they made up for in 'energy'!

For a relationship though, I wouldn't go any younger than say 10 yrs. as you then start getting into another generations cultural references, mores, and behaviours....

I just can't relate to someone who prefers playing video games to going to a comedy club say, or someone who has never been in a library as an adult. lol

And just the difference in ideas and attitudes of someone who wasn't even ALIVE when there WEREN'T personal computers??? BEFORE the internet????

Well...don't get me started!!! lmao
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 1999
older women younger men
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:06:59 PM

Ewwww....sorry man, I just don't think I could 'get it up' for a man who I knew when he was in diapers!!! LOL

I know what you mean. I remember when the Olsen twins from "Full House" were approaching legal age, dirty old men worldwide were going apeshit over them. I didn't get it, at all.

I thought to myself "damn, they probably still smell like pee."

But yeah, if I can remember you in diapers, it's an image that could never go away even if I wanted it to. Not good.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 2000
older women younger men
Posted: 4/4/2015 6:04:24 PM
Isn't one of the twins dating a guy old enuff to be her Grandpa? She always looks scares
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > older women younger men