Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 349
older women younger menPage 9 of 83    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Why in the world do guys get downtalked when they are agreeing that older women are better than women their own age but in my eyes when i think of "older women younger men" im thinkin of a woman in her late 50s and a man in his early 20's-under thats why, i do not agree with older women dateing/being with younger men and i would NEVER date a younger man in his 20s or under if i was in my 50's. (Thats just me tho i wouldnt see anything wrong with being, close like a mom/son or just talking or even be called their second mom).

I can agree with that. I am 49 and there is no way I would date a man in his early 20's. I don't have a problem dating a man younger than me, but when he is the same age or younger than my kids, I have a huge problem with it. Same with dating older. I don't have a problem dating older men, but if they are older than my mother, then yes it would be a problem.
 cotter
Msg: 350
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/25/2006 7:23:07 AM
@Underworld2006 ...

Up until now I have not been able to comprehend your outrage at "older women" dating younger men. And now I know why it has been flying right by me. I have been seeing "older women" as my age (57) dating younger men ... no younger than say 47 years old.

I was having a problem understanding why you felt so threatened by this when you are only in your late 30's. I now see that you are concerned that the ladies your age are going after the men in their 20's. I have to say that I honestly see that only happening with a very low percentage of ladies your age.

So what do you care if they seek these younger men? My goodness there are so many women out there your age that are really not doing that. I work with young ladies your age ... probably because I got such a late start on my own career. I know of four who are engaged to men your age. They're smart ... attractive ... physically active young ladies.

One met her future husband while out on a bike trail. She got a flat tire and he stopped to help her ... assisted her with getting her bike back to her car and then helped her fix the flat with the repair kit she had in her car.

One met her future husband while out roller blading ... she skated past him and basically left him in her dust! He sped up to compliment her on her abilities and they have been skating together ever since.

Another met her future husband in a continuing education course (necessary for her license renewal). They went to lunch together and sat together the rest of the day and have been studying together ever since. They have inspired each other to continue their educations ... she is an LPN and is now seeking her RN. He was an RN, now going after his masters degree. Their joint physical activity is jogging and walking their dogs.

The fourth met her future husband when she went with a girlfriend to a softball league game to assist with the score keeping for the company team. One of the guys on the team started asking her out. She had such a good time, that she hasn't missed a game since.

I have told you a number of times ... you have to go to where these women are. You may have to take up a hobby or go back to school to meet such a level headed young lady. You will probably not meet them in bar hang outs and the such ... all of my friends have have stated they don't like those environments ...

... but you hang in here in the threads raging on and on about how no woman your age really wants a man your age. It's just not true. Also, the thought occurs to me that any lady your age here on POF who reads these threads will see your posts and what do you think her impression of you will be?

From a person standing on the outside looking in ... you appear to be so angry ... so bitter ... so frustrated. That would not be a personality that would appeal to me if I were a lady your age looking for a gentleman here. I'm not trying to hurt you ... just want to make you aware of how things look.

Your complaints about some of the ladies your age (a select few) are valid, but is it possible at all for you to find a kinder, softer, gentler way of communicating it?
 liliLH
Msg: 356
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 8/3/2006 8:10:33 AM
Not my preference. I can tolerate an age difference of say 5 years, but no way in hell that i would date a guy 10 or 20 years younger.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 357
older women younger men
Posted: 8/3/2006 8:25:54 AM

it is about sex is why a man in his late 30's or 40's is not desirable?

I can only speak for me, but sex has NOTHING to do with my personal preferences.

Good sex is built over time, or is it the immediate thing wanted these days no more building it up good over time together?

Sex is such a small part of the equation. And you are right, sex can be good/bad/indifferent with people of any age. It's simply just not a reality that all women base age preferences on the sexual prowess of someone.

For me, I have absolutely nothing in common with men older than myself. I have never been comfortable with those older, so I simply refuse to go that route. Overgeneralizations seem to be the biggest flaw with your attitudes/opinions/thoughts/etc. Not all women date younger for the same reasons, however, I think from the content of this thread ~ it's obvious that many of us simply are not comfortable with those older. On the other side of the argument, there are many women who prefer older men. The reason you don't see that here is because this is about older women/younger men. Rather than arguing over stereotypes, why don't you look for forum topics that are more likely to have a more open age preference? Seems to me that you might be wasting a lot of time complaining rather than looking for someone who might work for you. Just a thought ~ but it's not appealing to read one poster who continuously complains, yet does nothing to change his/her situation. JMO
 Fitguyforu
Msg: 359
older women younger men
Posted: 8/5/2006 8:35:06 AM
Not a problem at all. As long as there is a connection and attraction, who cares? Older women can be every bit as sexy and attractive as a younger women, and they are in their prime! Please Mrs. Robinson.......
 CandieKisses
Msg: 361
older women younger men
Posted: 8/8/2006 9:30:38 PM
I think its great!...personal choice is the thing and if age is not an issue...why not?...no offence to any men my age or older by any means, but I find younger men more attractive and in better shape, and have the stamina needed when your at your sexual peak in life...mind you there are some good looking older men that have it too. But I prefer younger....I don't plan on getting married again, and depending on the age difference and the nature of the relationship, ya never know. I have dated much younger men, but as someone previously said, it also depends on the maturity factor of both partners. Myself I am young at heart, and most of my friends are younger anyways. Each to their own!!! As they say... "Whatever turns your crank"....lol
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 363
older women younger men
Posted: 8/11/2006 5:07:17 PM
i think its awesome.... you feel young again & the man feels that he gets spoiled as well...and also as for the sex its not a basis of a relationship there is something beyond that relationship is not just based on sex......
 who_the_fox
Msg: 366
older women younger men
Posted: 8/13/2006 10:40:19 AM

Very strange that here we have a bunch of women my age and older on this thread saying the opposite about men their age and me? Saying the same about women my age. Wonder why this is.

Maybe you are merely delusional?
 cotter
Msg: 368
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 8/14/2006 6:49:16 PM

Met a couple last year who talk the talk but never walked the walk.
Now that is unfortunate ... makes a bad name for those of us who really can walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

Not impying you all are lying but man if there are so many women my age and older who are young at heart why are they nowhere to be found here in Toronto.
Oh you are such a sweetstuff ... but "Underworld" ... not all of us want to live in Toronto. For example, I want to live in a warm climate ... I have decided that suits me best.

My hope is that you really can someday find a lady that meets your needs. I honestly do believe she's out there somewhere. I'd give you all kinds of attention, but you are just too young for me. (sighs)
 Charlierose
Msg: 369
older women younger men
Posted: 8/14/2006 10:26:49 PM
Right back at ya!

I have been with a younger guy for 7 years now. We are 13 years apart. Yes I have got the same thing, concerning mother and son. And "oh is that your mother"! Or "cradle robber. I know the feelings all to well.

As of last night, I have discoverd that most of his friends thinks, our relationship is wrong. Reasons to this would be:
- I have kids,
- it's not right to be together
- she's to old

My boyfriend has kind of hid our relationship, from certain people. I was always on his back about it, and I didn't understand why. I often asked him, if he was ashamed of me for some reason, and I would cry. He had always told me no, and that he wanted this relationship.

Yesterday was the altimate! Finding out what I did about his friends, made me very much aware why I am not talked about. If he told his friends, the certain few would just be on his back about it. Just because it's not right to them.

Now I was very unhappy yesterday, because I had found this info out. However we didn't talk about it till today. I told him if he wanted I would let him go. So he didn't have to deal with it. However he still wants to be a part of me and my children.

I honestly don't know what to do. Should I let the guy go, and save him form disaster. Or should we just move on. "Screw them, type thing."

cotter
Msg: 371
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 8/15/2006 1:15:08 AM
Okay ... "Underworld" ... you're on. I already know what you look like and we have exchanged emails ... all I want to do at this point is hear your sweet voice. How soon can you meet me in Arizona? I would love to have a younger man as a life partner!!!!!!! ... By the way, I want marriage ... the whole nine yards sir!

How soon can I expect you?
 doubledchicka
Msg: 376
older women younger men
Posted: 8/15/2006 9:26:09 AM
it depends on what you consider to be an older woman, i am 35 and i would like to say that i prefer the company of a younger man usually around 25ish. i feel that that age range is fun enough to go out with and party but responsible enough to know what he wants.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 380
older women younger men
Posted: 8/29/2006 7:23:31 AM
I know personally I suck in the sack, go soft being nervous and anxious etc. Had this happen recently and man was she pissed off at me.

If she was worth her salt, she would have been able to reverse the situation and make it into an advantage. Most older women know how the equipment works just as well as or better than a young guy who's still figuring it out.
 harleybabe2003
Msg: 381
older women younger men
Posted: 9/2/2006 5:26:24 AM
I think the reason woman go for younger men is because I noticed men look older then they are. most men my age look 55 . Myself i have to be with someone who turns me on ! thats just me
 limomominLV
Msg: 384
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 9/4/2006 4:51:04 PM
When I'm talking young...I mean they have to be older than my oldest son...who will be 35 this Christmas..."young" means different things to different people..younger than ME, IS young...lol. But I too have my limits..38-44 is "ideal young" for me
 limomominLV
Msg: 385
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 9/4/2006 4:53:08 PM
You said it right oldschoolqueen
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 386
older women younger men
Posted: 9/5/2006 8:57:20 AM
the benefit to that is you learn something new from them & they learn something new from u....

The conversation is rather breezy that u can relate well to each other... which is smooth sailing....
 live333
Msg: 387
older women younger men
Posted: 9/9/2006 3:23:18 PM
Well men have done it forever, younger women older men. I think there is a real change happening in our times where older women are able to get their needs met and use younger men just as older men use younger women for sex. The real huge difference however, women do not do well with immaturity and stupidity, like men do.
 bigboldbabe
Msg: 388
older women younger men
Posted: 9/11/2006 6:34:28 PM
To me, age is a state of mind.

A connection - on multiple levels (intellect, spirtuality, emotion, maturity, communication, ethics, values, and yes, sexuality) is key - regardless of your ages.

Ciao!
 creek011
Msg: 389
older women younger men
Posted: 9/11/2006 8:43:15 PM
I was 45 and mature, she was 62 and young at heart. We dated 3 yrs., Best partner and lover I ever been with.
Seems most women at my age are married or screwed up.
Seems most men at her age cant get it up.
Besides it makes more sence the women being older, Women out live men and can out last them in bed too.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 391
older women younger men
Posted: 9/12/2006 7:48:09 PM
If the guy can act like an adult , then it is cool.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 392
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 9/13/2006 9:31:49 PM
Is this some other guy and an older woman, if it is then it's none of my business and I hope they are both happy. If it's me and an older woman, ......... well when i was much younger myself they made the best intimate instructors , as for now, who she is would be more important that if she remembers gilligans island before it was in re-runs.
 sparticuss
Msg: 398
older women younger men
Posted: 9/23/2006 10:17:48 PM
With the present paronoia, and sacrifices to the sacred cow of political correctness it's only a matter of time before a 35 year old rape victim finds herself being charged with child molesting because one of the rapists was 17
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >