Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 96
need to LOWER my sex drivePage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

What you need is a guy like me. ;)

No, really. I don't believe in having sex with somebody until you get to know them.

Regardless as to whether you hold off on sex or not, what she "needed" was an unattractive guy -- ie one to cut down on her drive. So if you're promoting yourself as "the guy she needs", then you're basically saying you're great at killing the mood (not self controlling yourself).

In my book, that takes a few months, not a few dates. I've had three different women dump me for not putting out.

I can understand holding off after (just) a few dates, sure. A few months? It takes you a few months of spending 1-on-1 time to get to know someone? It's not about getting to know them, let's just be honest -- that's just a necessary ingredient for ya. You basically want to more-or-less be in an established Relationship, before sex... not merely get to know them.

Be with somebody who understands, will not take advantage of the situation, and has good self control.

I would say if one's Separated and feeling horny-24/7 because of it, calm their nerves, etc -- but no, don't start Dating. They're not ready to actually Date, they're on the rebound and their mind's all about sex. Get to know someone who seems like a stand-up person, and yes, who isn't expecting/aiming for a Relationship... bond, build some trust during those outings to gain the comfort-zone... and after a number of dates, work in from fooling around -> sex.
 the_biggavell
Msg: 97
need to LOWER my sex drive
Posted: 5/29/2013 6:04:15 AM
Get a young guy.. like me :)

Why arent women saying this stuff at 20? They gotta wait til 40, when the value of your **** aint what it was anymore for it to "wake up"
all that integrity for finding the right man from 20-40 to end in divorce and hungry for****

Find a young guy, pray you look like 30 and let off some steam.
 21Nativegal81
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2013 11:57:15 PM
Props to JuniperMoon for actually offering this lady some assistance and not making light of the situation.
Having a high libido does not come acrossed as "ladylike" in our society and has a tendancy to attract the wrong kind of people if you are looking for a long term commitment. A strong sex drive is not the same as "Easy" and some people confuse the two.
Good luck Dancer.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2013 4:08:26 PM
six year old thread, op's long gone and has banged god only knows how many guys between then and now.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2013 6:45:00 AM

six year old thread, op's long gone and has banged god only knows how many guys between then and now.

Well, I should hope so...otherwise she might have exploded by now...:P
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 101
Posted: 10/13/2013 5:44:36 PM
Just have sex and be thankful.
 Lexti
Msg: 102
Posted: 10/13/2013 6:42:57 PM
Ha! I went through this same thing after my divorce. Don't know what happened to me. Absolutely DREADED sex with my ex, and then I became a free woman and wanted to EAT.MEN.ALIVE. It since went away on its own, but funny how that happens.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2013 7:23:49 PM
^^^^I know what you mean. The first lady I was with after my ex was like ...a drug.
I simply could not get enough of her.

Probably a reaction to how little love I was getting before...maybe some overcompensation as well.
To each their own..;)
 the_biggavell
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/7/2013 7:55:58 PM
this dude was on point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi-0QXTkOcE
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2013 12:09:36 PM

I need too lower mine

Perfect fix: date my ex. She'll kill it for you.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/11/2013 1:19:45 PM

I need too lower mine

Perfect fix: date my ex. She'll kill it for you.

wow Igor... didn't know you had snarky in you :)
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2014 7:52:10 PM
I firmly believe in lowering your sex drive, right after It's raised because if it's raised for more than 4 hours I need to see a physician.
 OutMind
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/27/2014 8:14:38 PM
Lower my sex drive? Hell no.

I just did some Steroid medication for respiratory reasons. Never again. It kills your erections, it ruins your mojo. I will choke or go natural. In fact, I did that, went natural and homeopathic. Needless to say, my gf was happy about it, even though she was understanding. Well, not really, she thought that I was seeing someone else. LOL. That maybe I was not into her. Hmmm.

Dudes get off your meds!!

You may be able to have sex for three hours, no meds, no help, well... not true, just a little horny goat wheat and some wine. Of course a woman that completely turns you on is a must.

Okay, I will shut up. Sounds like I am bragging too much. I am glad to go back to normal.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/7/2014 12:31:05 PM

I am a 40 year old woman who is going through a divorce. I am not in the position to be out dating until my situation is resolved.

When you're Separated and going thru the divorce, I agree as far as serious dating's concerned. Many people make that mistake...

My problem is that I feel like a dog in heat. I think about sex 24/7, I dream about sex, and every man I see I want to screw.

Well, you came to the right place! POF! :) I'm sure any guy in your area who read your profile AND saw this post was rubbing his hands together in a sinister fashion, with a big sh!t-eating grin on his face.

I want to remain respectable and in control for my child.

You're not bringing your child out with you to meet up with dudes to get boned by, are you? Oh, no? Okay, great. Want to remain respectable? Don't come on to every guy you see on the street.

Lower the sex drive? Well, apparently since you're off POF, you probably got your ball-banging "fix". I wouldn't say one should take drugs to lower the sex drive unless you Can't contain it. But I'm sure it was just a phase. Years later you'll be like "Wait -- why can't I get that sex drive? Did I just use up all my fuel in life?"
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2014 4:43:14 PM
It is normal at your age.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/24/2014 6:38:57 AM
@ ilovechristmas25

LOL no most will only frustrate it..
 chrisfromcali2014
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/8/2014 4:30:04 PM
how has your sex life been. have you had good sex?
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/8/2014 9:20:07 PM
Well, your sex drive would be only thing being lowered in this country cause everything is rising (taxes, expenses, the unemployment rate, the lies from our government officials, the cost of living, etc).
 psytle
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2014 11:28:59 PM

Well, your sex drive would be only thing being lowered in this country cause everything is rising

I disagree.

I think the bar is being lowered much faster, haha.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 115
Posted: 8/7/2014 5:37:50 AM
Dear OP -
You may want to go out on a few dates from PoF.
That should scare you into celibacy …
 Etritonakin
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/7/2014 10:11:03 AM
Perhaps if you "let yourself go" for a while you will lose interest -or at least avoid high risk behavior. Do everything you can to make yourself unattractive in your own eyes. Smell funny, don't shave, wear clothes the thrift store would refuse, get a bad hairdo or wear dirty hats. Works for me! ;o)
 techguyaz
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/24/2014 11:55:21 PM
What's the consensus on this one?

I'm so ****ing tired of trying to find someone. 32 years old and never dated before, I'm just done. It would be nice to find a way to kill off that desire completely so I don't have to think about it anymore. I spend practically 11 hours a day working, and I'd rather be able to spend what little free time I have not ever having to think about this.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/25/2014 9:49:32 AM
You need to work less -have more fun -maybe change the type of person you are looking for -and get educated about how to meet people.
 basilisk123
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2014 11:02:35 AM
Oh! you want to lower your sex drive?
I am totally available. I'll even do you a favor and show up naked so you can be properly traumatized.
 sddude
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2014 1:46:43 PM
DANCE GIRL

go to my room I will lower it for you until you have no drive hehehehe,

I was married and widowed now, my wife was like you, i had to perform minimum 3 times a day up to 5 or 6 a day. it was the years I was married, for her, 2 times a day was a dry spell, at first being a virgin myself during the honeymoon, I felt raped hahaha, I had to work the stamina up until it was not a problem and actually normal, I never wanted her to go to a doctor to tone it down it was fun and pretty good to always be wanted.

Most women i meet in their 40's, well i do not see that sexual peak, normally it is the other way around, guys at work always boast about finally getting "lucky" by their 40 something wives or complain that sex is dead and plan on getting a prostitute while they go on a work trip so they can get "theirs".

I have full control of my urges to the point women think I am gay hahaha.

A doc may have some meds to chemically neuter your urges.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >