Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Polly_G
Msg: 105
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH COUNTRY MUSIC?Page 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I dislike a lot of country music just because of the level of similarity between a lot of the songs. There are exceptions to the rule ofcourse. I just enjoy music that seems a bit more original. I grew up around country music and there is definately a set of values associated with listeners as well.
 DJMac
Msg: 106
view profile
History
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH COUNTRY MUSIC?
Posted: 6/5/2006 9:28:36 AM
ArcticKrystal I do think its a a valad point. Modern country is so far away from traditional country its not even funny
 capegardengirl
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/6/2006 12:41:19 PM
The only problem i have with country is the "new" country.....Those "stars" are just in it for the money and they look about as country as a soap opera..and they all sound and look the same....That Gretchen Wilson looks and acts like a whore and she has no talent at all, but nowadays, its all in the looks, rather than talent..sad, sad....I like the old stuff: Loretta, Hank, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline...to newer stuff from Rosanne Cash and Mary Chapin Carpenter..Back then, character and talent sold records, not how much Botox youve had and what your weight/breast size is
 kuvopolis
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:12:20 PM
Pretty much what ppl said earlier..... the sound is very derivative. And being a city-slicker, I cannot relate to a lot of the narratives. Pet Shop Boys all the way!
 kuvopolis
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/7/2006 3:23:04 PM
I think it all depends on what you grew up with. Other genres and styles can belt out a good heartbreak song. And telling it like it is is good sometimes, but other times clever wordplay provides an added spark.

As it is, I shudder at the fact that all they play in my town is country, gangsta rap, and heartland rock.
 capegardengirl
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/9/2006 4:56:04 PM
I think these new country artists need to take a crash course on the roots of country and learn who their forebearers were:Leadbelly, Hank Williams, Howling Wolf, Bob Wills, Loretta Lynn, Carolyn Hester...I agree, they sound like bubblegum stars, synthezied, too pretty pop idols..They certainly are not artista dn the vast majority of them dont even write their own songs...Example:..My roomate loves Sara Edwards' song Bible Song...I had to inform her that songer songwriter Lori McKenna wrote that song, shes the true artist...When I listened to Edwards cover, I thought, ugg...way too processed..yuk
 CodingCutie
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:31:47 PM
I am such a huge country music fan, and I think that's just because I was grown up on it. it's what my parents listened to, and what was played on the radio and in our house, so I just grew to love it. Personally, I think the reason why people despise it, is just because they all think it all has to do with 'rednecks' and 'hicks' and all that. But in reality, I know of only a few songs that actually could be labled that. For the person who said they couldn't understand what they're talking about in country music.. uh... have you heard the crap that the rappers put out? Talk about not understanding what they're talking about!
 cassidy182
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2006 2:08:35 AM
I used to love country music..to this day my all time fav singer ever is Clint Black. But it's changed and i don't like this country pop/ country rock thing that's going on...i liked it when it still sounded country...and i don't mean the twangy voice..anyone can do that..i just find there was more emotion and the sound was totally different.
 mycorosso
Msg: 135
Posted: 7/6/2006 10:55:56 AM
I didn't realize there was a problem with country music. I think it people whom have the problem with country music. It is still the number one listened to music on the planet and beyond.
 cassidy182
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2006 9:56:25 PM
^^^^ pretty much what i was trying to say but you did in better words...ahh thanks for that
 kuvopolis
Msg: 141
Posted: 9/29/2006 6:12:16 PM
I especially hate the ones that just drag on and are whiny. And why do country singers always have to sound like they have a hot dog in their mouth? And I hate the ones that go "Then I drove 5 hours to Tuscaloosa". What the bleepity-bleep is in Tuscaloosa that you have to travel so far for??
 kuvopolis
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/30/2006 12:00:53 PM
Well I think it's also that is not as inventive as rock music.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 151
Posted: 10/4/2006 11:09:52 AM
Well, I am another person that does not care for it, much.
The songs and drawl all sound the same, and yes they are
usually depressing songs.
The only song that I think may be a bit country that I like,
is Jesus Take The Wheel by Carrie Underwood.
 curiously_openminded
Msg: 152
Posted: 10/4/2006 11:33:44 AM
Country Music I love country music, the only thing I dont like is all the breakups hardships nothing good, we need more songs about happiness, good times, having fun!
 leathergurl
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2006 2:31:41 PM
I can't find one problem with country music. Don't believe that there is anyone who can't find at least one song they can relate to. Some of it is sad, some is happy, some of it is just plum crazy. But all in all it is about life.
 leathergurl
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2006 2:31:58 PM
I can't find one problem with country music. Don't believe that there is anyone who can't find at least one song they can relate to. Some of it is sad, some is happy, some of it is just plum crazy. But all in all it is about life.
 toonsmith
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2006 7:09:01 PM
what's the problem?.... too little country and not enough real music.

I tune in to the country music channel on cable every once in awhile. All flash, glitz and glamour. It's turned into country MTV.

It's enough to make you hurl.

Thank God, Willie still tours.
 wranglersnroses
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/10/2006 11:21:10 PM
Lusty Darlin',

Rascall Flatts, keepin it country?!?!? They're nashville's Boy Band Poster Children!!!
 wranglersnroses
Msg: 172
Posted: 10/10/2006 11:32:08 PM
go to:www.cdbaby.com(donnie dean williams)or www.ddwill.com. up n comin' and all country
 ny_lady_13601
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/8/2006 7:10:05 PM
Easy, they stereotype country music to redneck ignorant trailer trash people. They think it's all about beer drinking and cheating. Some of it may be that but at least you can understand the words and you don't have to worry about foul language being every other word out and it's not violent. For the most part it's music about real life and real people, it's nothing fake nor negative.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/9/2006 9:53:43 AM
I do not like most country music. Some of the newer female singers aren't so bad. The vast majority of country music just gets on my nerves. The only thing worse than country is rap. I am surprised someone hasn't put the two together, or have they?
 Manseekscompanion
Msg: 206
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:45:56 AM
Some country music is ok, like Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" - heaps better than Witney Houston's version!!

But the monotonous type I don't go for.. Give me some variety..
 lizzy915
Msg: 211
Posted: 12/1/2006 9:20:30 PM
I like all kinds of music and I am a huge country music fan. I like the old and new country. I grew up on it.

I like:
Kenny Rogers
Dolly Parton
Reba McEntire (even I watch her show "Reba")
Trisha Yearwood
Wynonna
Garth Brooks
Clint Black
Billy Ray Cyrus
Tim McGraw
Sugarland
Alabama
Brooks and Dunn

Pretty much almost everyone in country music.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >