Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 womanofpassion2007
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Where have all the True and Honest Guys Gone?Page 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
It is either there for them or it isn't....the attraction....Men, like women.....either feel it or they don't....if they don't, they walk away.....Don't grieve for what you never had. We have all gone through this at one time or another...Just move on.....
 stratsandteles
Msg: 35
Where have all the True and Honest Guys Gone?
Posted: 12/25/2007 8:47:31 AM
Yep, we ARE here. It's just most don't give us the chance. It seems girls are looking for honest, decent men until they ask them out on a date and then the games begin. I personally don't want 'games'. I'll ask once, maybe twice and when I get the brush off or an ambiguous answer, I disappear never to ask again. You never know what might be good unless you give it a chance.
 curlygrl
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/26/2007 3:57:38 PM
the true honest guys???
What fucking world do you live in???
What are you nuts- be fucking happy with what you get- the
way the world is today- tires last longer.

curlygrl~

Edit- the guy below me actually has it right. You need to take some
responsibility when things dont go as planned - there are way too many player
threads- sometimes it is as easy as looking at yourself and seeing that its you-
it was just not a good fit maybe. Lets face it- we all go out on a limb sometimes
to make things work- we hope and pray they do but sometimes they just
dont- does not make the person a player- just means it did not work.
 ck1time
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 9:40:15 PM
We're out here, hiding in small caves were emasculated women have thrown us.
People need a minimum of 12 hugs a day just to maintain the growth they've achieved. Further growth takes even more. A long time ago, Scientific American reported on studies made with monkeys about this (was given it along w/a subscription by a 3-yr GF, so, not making it up).
OP, it's not you that doesn't get it, it's those U've had Ur experiences with that don't.
You'll be FINE, give it even more time. You already know how to select. Just wait a little till The World comes to You. And it will. God Bless, & oh, yeah, NICE!
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/27/2007 11:48:17 PM
But, can we help who we're attracted to?

You're an adult and are capable of making choices just like anyone else.

The OP has honest guys all around her, like many of the posters have stated at length. If she gravitates towards losers, players, and the abuse the comes with it, she has much work to do on herself.

If she's willing to do painful self-examination.
 pokey
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/28/2007 11:29:23 PM
there aren't any "good guys".
at least, that's what i hear.

hay, did ya hear about the new meds for depressed lesbians?
it's called Trymenagain.

never mind,,,

a good guy would never say that. hee heee
 dabestman
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 10:09:23 AM
We are all here but no one looks at us as the "boyfriend" type. Once a nice guy approach a girl/woman we are between finding the right words to say (with butterflies in our stomach) and trying not to offend you. The problem with that is that if we get lucky and at least talk to them, Women end up having too much trust in us and instead of going out with that guy, they just keep everything as just close friends. Us nice and true guys have never gone past the best friend rule. But we are the one that have to defend you when the guy you fall for breaks your heart. The normal words after you spilled your broken beans (all cried out talking to them) are I wish there were more guys like you but never say the true words "I want to go out with you". Thats were the honest ones go crazy and the nice ones turn evil. So if you are truely asking why there aren't any true honest guys around now, Take a look in your past and at a few of your guy friends and ask. You might find more than what you think
 TrHt64
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2007 9:42:52 AM
They NO LONGER EXIST....no by MY standards, anyway....
Kepp looking though, there might be one hiding under a rock from all the FEMALE blowout of dishonesty that exists as well.....
 packagedealx3
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2007 12:11:55 PM
I'm so not reading the whole thread but my answer to the topic, they are hanging with all of the biatches; seems to be how it works.
 HockeyTalkie
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2008 9:43:49 AM
.........I am still here.
 HeartoGold50f
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:16:36 AM
Hi! I'm from Southern MN and feel much the same as you! I think maybe all the attention and kindnesses we share from our heart, maybe just is too much for some? I feel they kind of like the "cat/mouse" game with them being the cat after we make the first move! Not even sure some like US to make a first move but I just am me, as you are!!

I think the Good, Honest men are all at another site!! haha I think we should start our own site MT girl!! We could SCREEN them ourselves and then make some cash too while we connect Good HONEST men with GOOD HONEST women like US!!

Know you are NOT ALONE...I do think that some males are afraid of the "emotional" stuff that even comes from friendship...I've had a few tell me that...but often they come back later to me ............who knows??!! Read JOHN GRAYS books...if you haven't regarding the big differences AND likenesses between men/women, how they translate things we say differently and vice versa! Mars/Venus book was the first Gray book...he has written other short ones too, and put all on tape for those MEN out there who care to emotionally connect too! :)

Happy New Yr MT WOMAN..and to the rest of you too!! ~Deb
 princej3822
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 7:08:38 AM
We are actually right here, only that when we come along, you all have been so burned that you put up a brick wall and close yourselves within the 'wall' of man haters.
 raymond8869
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 2:18:16 PM
We are still out here, we have been here the whole time. I always try to reply to all my email. If I start a dialog with a lady member it seems that after two more replies than answers I give up as a waste of time, at 59 years time is beginning to slip away too fast to play games with peoples emotions. Before Christmas up until New year I had a small flood of messages, January 1, nothing. Ido understand your concern, I feel for you and wish it could be much different. Having spent Christmas/New Year alone, I will only keep trying until the end of this month, after that I plan to unsubscribe. So there you have it
 zilson
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/2/2008 2:39:52 PM
I've met as many dishonest, cheating women as men. I used to be one of the type of guys you lament about, then I guess I grew up and since then had a long-term gf lie to me many times and a fiancee lie and cheat on me. Maybe it's payback for how I used to be.....I don't know.
You seem to be very sensitive...don't change. Be true to yourself first, then someone will be true to you. Be patient. Someone will benefit greatly someday.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:58:32 PM
There are true and honest guys all around. But for some reason, a lot of women keep complaining that the only guys they date are jerks. When I've seen women who said that, I had to agree with them. The only guys they dated were obviously jerks. The funny thing is, there were other guys around to date, but those girls never dated them, or even bothered talking to them.

I would suggest that the next time you go out, you count how many guys there are in the room. Then, count the guys you would probably date. Then go over to a few different people, and ask them what their opinion is of their friends. You'll probably find that the guys who you would date, are called "jerks" or "a laugh", and the guys who you wouldn't think to date, are called "nice", or "great". It might help you understand why you find it hard to meet true and honest guys.
 JustFrank
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:29:24 PM

Na porterbrook, Anyone that keeps track of legal ages for sex is often looking for the barely legal. Its called sexual tourism. And that just hits creap factor.

It sounds as if this pedophilia thing has infected your entire life, RedSasha. It isn't good. Even your profile goes on and on about it. How can having sex with someone of LEGAL AGE be pedophilia??????? And why should a mother or father here that happen to have a picture of them with their kids be prohibited??? Do you really see a pervert in ever corner??

It can't, and it's not.

And "sex tourism" is about having sex with UNDERAGED children, usually in thirdworld countries, not Brittish ADULTS.

I personally find it strange that in Washington state a man can go to prison for having sex with a 17 year old but in Virinia (I believe) a 60 year old can legally marry a 14 year old and it's legal. [shrug]

Your serious problems with this issue is going to cause problems in your life if you don't take care of it. (oh, and so you know, it took me about 3 seconds to find 'age of consent' online and the first hit in AVERT... an agency trying to prevent under-aged AIDS worldwide... just so you don't have to start saying I'm a pedophile too. I looked it up just for you.)

Frankie
 Soul Union
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/3/2008 12:35:26 AM

Where have all the true and honest guys gone? ~ Montana Girl

> Maybe to the same destination as all the true and honest women.
> Peter.
 untamed one
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/3/2008 9:55:51 PM
This thread is too guy - centric .. needs more more where have the T and A girls gone ?
 Cueil
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:43:16 AM
change... that makes me laugh... the only things that can be changed about a person is things that are learned... but things that make up the basis of that person can't be changed. If a person is violent that is probably just what they are... it's nearly impossible to change that... control it yes, but not change it. I use to be really bad about slipping into my comfort zone all the time... that was learned... I changed that... but I can't change the fact that I like to be known... for people to look and know I exist...I crave it...not really attention, but that people look at me... even a glance to show they know I exist... no matter how hard I try that is just me I can't change that... I can't trace it back to anything particular, but I suppose it has something to do with the constant moving in my youth... I hate it really, but it's not something I can help.
 Cueil
Msg: 104
view profile
History
It goes both ways!
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:57:05 AM
free or pay it doesn't matter... I've had the same problem on pay sites as on free sites
 Seavoyage
Msg: 110
view profile
History
It goes both ways!
Posted: 1/14/2008 5:41:22 PM
Bondygyrl, I agree that people often put the best foot forward as much as possible and ommitting as much as possible anything that can be a potential problem, and then you have the wrong impression of the person. We can get deceived even if that's not the person's intention. It's not about this site. People often do that in general. I am not sure about the idea of envisioning qualities of your mate and all of a sudden she manifests herself. It might be theoretically possible, but soulmate brought that up and it hasn't happened to her unless she hasn't told us. I think it's easier to have no expectations, to not really care that much, and just go with the flow. You shouldn't expect much from someone you're dating or relationships unless someone has proven to you after a while that they are worth your time... That's my take on the whole thing.... People can pull off the nicest nice guy or girl routines or tell you they are church, synagogue, or ashram girls and then do something to shatter you.
Take your time with the opposite sex. Dating can go very wrong sometimes if you are not careful. The law of attraction might work. I think I've attracted certain kinds of women in my life when I reflected upon that... You do have to watch your thoughts..
 faithnoman
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/14/2008 11:52:14 PM
Haha, I feel this guy's pain ^

Honestly though, they said they'll be back in about ten minutes.
 warmhart
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:47:26 AM
I wish that honesty and sincereity was part of the dating vocabulary----they have been replace with hunter, player and misrepresentation. I suggest that those who are hunters and intend to mislead have the nerve to be upfront the beginning. If you just want a booty call---say it!!!! Ladies----I have decided to launch a campaign against the idiot men of the world----when they ask me for my boob size---I say "if your penis is at least 10" long and 2" wide--the I will tell you my boob size" They absolutely shut up!!!
 Soul Union
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/3/2008 8:12:39 PM
Where have all the true and honest guys gone? - Montana Girl

> You are indulging yourself in the pointless luxury of self-deception, wallowing in self-pity and compounding the universal mythos that men are 'bad'.
> Big bad men. Big bad wolf at the door. Uncaring men. Uncouth men. Nasty men.
> It is time to get real, as they say in the vernacular. Be real to yourself. Make your own life "interesting and fun", as you put it. Remember who you are as an individual soul on this earth plane as you search for spiritual growth, and forget that all the true and honest guys have 'gone somewhere'. They haven't. Neither have the untrue and dishonest guys.
> - Peter.
 brewswain
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/4/2008 4:13:12 AM
True and Honest guys are considered dull and boring.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >