Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
dirty 30's???Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The 30's are just the precursor to what is to come and available for you if you stay in shape, are active, healthy, and vital........

If it is known as the "dirty 30's", then you must understand that it is the "awesome 40's", and "spectacular 50's"...........and I bet if we talked to those in their 60's and still vital, they would have a name that reflects their time as well.........

Just my opinion.......
 WanderingRain
Msg: 26
view profile
History
dirty 30's???
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:08:55 PM
30. Pretty much like 20 except:
1) you have more money (self-explanatory)
2) you are wiser (hopefully)
3) as a result of being wiser, you are probably healthier (I am better than my 20 year old self -- I never ate vegetables and probably only had fruit once a year-- today, I haven't even needed tylenol for 14 years now.)

4) a lot of petty things aren't as important to you anymore.
 RoughAsGuts
Msg: 27
view profile
History
dirty 30's???
Posted: 8/11/2008 10:26:42 AM
The time to party starts now!! In my 20s I was a party animal too but kept it local. Never had the cash to catch a plane to say tokyo with my buddies for a week and party hard. Now that my mates are also well established in their businesses if we decide to go overseas for the fortnight, then so be it. Also helps to still be single at 30 and have likeminded friends while living out your dreams.
 Fried Chicken
Msg: 28
dirty 30's???
Posted: 8/11/2008 1:16:20 PM
I like having a better job and more money, I hate not being able to date 18 year olds without people giving me funny looks (of jealousy).
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 30
dirty 30's???
Posted: 8/11/2008 3:15:41 PM
~OP~ I wouldn't go back to 30 again if it were mandatory. I've been happiest since about 38. Life is just better all the way around.
 RoughAsGuts
Msg: 33
view profile
History
dirty 30's???
Posted: 8/14/2008 10:06:59 AM
Well I dont shy from late 30s myself. But age is all in ones mind. Yeh there will be times when a 18yo might look at me from head to toe trying to figure out if I should be hitting on her, but who cares. Who am I to confirm her insecurities and agree that I am too old for her, usually if my charm cant win her over then I'll let my looks seal the deal with young women :P jk. But seriously age is such a subjective issue that it has so many different stigmas depending on the culture or country your in. So if one cant fix the stigmas one day when your old and grey, you can always just change countries, as I have found out to my benefit!
 tas70
Msg: 43
dirty 30's???
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:49:25 PM
I have never thought about my age or let it depress me. I still do many of the things I did in my twenties. I am pushing 40 but still feel like I am in my mid twenties. Age is just a number in my opinion.
 mystic star
Msg: 51
dirty 30's???
Posted: 9/13/2008 7:49:24 PM
I couldn't wait to turn thirty last year. My twenties were a living hell that I hope to never repeat again ever in this lifetime! Think back to some of your choices that you made when you were 21-22, when you thought that you were old and mature! What a joke; little did I realize how stupid those decisions were up until a few years ago. Done with that decade, now to the fun part of life!
 WanderingRain
Msg: 52
view profile
History
dirty 30's???
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:11:45 PM
I'd like to say I spent my 20's well, but I feel like I've been doing time back in those days.
Career going nowhere, life going nowhere...
Man, I was a mess!
30's is when my life got interesting fast. But now... I am past 35! No! I don't want to leave you yet, 30's!!!
 luvtoluvubaby
Msg: 54
view profile
History
dirty 30's???
Posted: 9/17/2008 11:55:24 PM
Let's not forget women in their thirties are in their sexual peak!
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 55
dirty 30's???
Posted: 9/19/2008 11:52:27 AM
I hate that I don't have someone to share them with. I'm in the prime of my life, and I'm missing out on a lot of fun because I don't have a partner and am not into promiscuity.

My child is old enough to stay home alone--not overnight of course, but so I could go out to a movie or for a drink or concert or a million other events--and old enough that I don't mind her going on sleepovers with family or friends for a weekend. I want someone to go away for fun weekends with, to go to the occasional party and come home for crazy sex, to have a romantic picnic lunch at the beach on my day off while my daughter's in school, and so many other fun activities.

Sometime I feel a little bitter that I'm missing out on so many experiences when I'm in the best time of my life to enjoy them.

Nutt
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >