Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 16
Do you enjoy DANCING for a 1st Date?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I love to go dancing, but I would prefer to go with someone I already knew a little better than going to a dance on a first date. I've taken lessons and can follow just about anyone's lead, but if I went with someone who asked me to dance by myself while he watched? I'd be two stepping right out the front door and fox trotting it home, alone.

Pink
 *buzz*
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Do you enjoy DANCING for a 1st Date?
Posted: 12/23/2007 3:36:05 AM
if ya can't shake it standing up -how you gonna shake it an any other position

Nothing lost there, 'luck'.
'Exception to the rule' exists for a reason and surely if the dance floor is not your 'forte' to be groover & mover, then there is another place when one can charge with gusto a presto

... here is my thinking ... I take you out. Watch you dance alone or with others.

I don't think so I would be your private dancer ... loosening up your collar this way ...
 m409998m1
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/23/2007 9:52:53 AM
No not really. I'm a two left footed white guy and look like I'm in extreme pain when I dance. Now if I'm drinking while dancing, watch out! The more I drink, the better I get surprisingly. I think I look like the monster in the movie Young Frankenstein.

Women seem to be born with a dancing gene, guys not so much.

First dates,,,, Just food, time spent talking, maybe a show...
 cotter
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 7:53:13 AM

Thanks for being one person who is thinking along the lines of what I was being subtle in suggesting at the time I mentioned "watching her dance alone". I reference your mention of being a "private dancer."
A "fun" woman can dance for her man in many situations. Tsk! Tsk! To those others who are so set in their ways to not think outside of their comfort square...box!

"CowboyEnuff" wrote (Message 2) ...
I take you out. Watch you dance alone or with others. Usually my friends or I eventually wrangle up a group of folks.
That is where many of us got the idea that you want to "WATCH" a lady dance. You wrote it yourself ... "I take you OUT. WATCH you dance alone ..."

Apparently many of us do enjoy dancing ... and probably would be glad to dance "alone" for you in a private situation, but as a dancer of many years and I also taught dancing ... I fail to see the purpose in taking a woman out, then sending her out on the dance floor all by herself (or with your friends) just to assess her ability. A true dancer would be able to do that with his lady in his arms.

Additionally, you wrote of doing this on a first date. That is the title (topic) to the thread ... right?

On a first date, a person is nervous enough as it is and for many of us it would be a time to talk, get to know someone, but instead you are suggesting that you send the lady out ALONE or with a friend on the dance floor. I guess I just don't understand the logic in that. That's why I said I would not want to be in some other man's arms ... that's why I thought that was weird.

How would a person get to know / talk with another if they do not spend time with them? How can you get to know a lady by sending her out to dance with someone else or alone? It appeared to me that you wanted to assess her dance abilities right off the bat so you would know whether or not you want to continue to date her (related to her dance abilities).

Additionally, you asked for INPUT. When some of us told you how we felt about not being sent out "alone" or with your acquaintances to dance so that you could "watch" ... you appeared critical.

**So do you really want to know how we feel about it?
OR
** Are you just looking for folks to come in here and agree with you?
OR
**Are you just hoping that some lady who likes to dance who lives in your area will read the thread and contact you?

DemonLeather
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/25/2007 12:23:20 PM
I Love Dancing.. Vertical OR horizontal.. Anytime, any date!
there was an old saying: "Dancing is merely vertical expression of horizontal desire"
 silentwhisper2u
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 4:18:11 PM
I think dancing at anytime is RIGHT. I love to dance and have always believed the only "bad" dancer is the one who is too afraid to get up on the floor and show their moves. Dance is a great way to just have fun.....show your moves....and let loose...so first, second, third date.........and onward.
 classic-man
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 12:29:35 PM
Dancing anytime- anywhere- its allowed!Yes dancing brings out all the inhibitions on the dance floor and great exercise. I enjoy it at all times ! I have had dates that wouldn't dance but agreed to go to the dances with me and then fuss about the style of dancing. These dates didn't get a second chance. Actually lost a good realtionship because she wouldn't accept my passion for dancing.
I like the idea of smokeless dance floors and attend dances up to 100 miles from my area just to enjoy the dance floors and towns. NEEDED NEW DANCE PARTNERS IN THESE TOWNS of Macon GA- Dublin GA -Augusta GA- and other areas! Ladies where are you in Ga.Have car will travel for a good partner!!! Come on ladies identify yourselfs!
thanks for all the instructurs who try to help with all the ice breakers and get people to realize the benefits of dancing at all ages. Just :for a G_R_E_A_T PARTNER!!
 OutMind
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/26/2007 12:59:20 PM
Not on a first date. I prefer on the first date to talk, even if part of the talk is making plans to go dancing. Now as a second date or third date, it is great. It allows you to get very physical and getting physical tend to somehow escalate.
 Miss W
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/26/2007 1:40:15 PM
I enjoy dancing but not for a first date as I like to talk and get to know a person. The atmosphere does not allow for it with loud music, etc.
 OutMind
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/26/2007 9:11:31 PM

Apparently many of us do enjoy dancing ... and probably would be glad to dance "alone" for you in a private situation, but as a dancer of many years and I also taught dancing ... I fail to see the purpose in taking a woman out, then sending her out on the dance floor all by herself (or with your friends) just to assess her ability. A true dancer would be able to do that with his lady in his arms.

I wouldn't do it on a first date, but quite frankly, I don't see anything wrong with your lady going on the dance floor by herself or with your group of friends.
 Rythmn
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 9:24:10 PM
if we hadn't gone dancing, we probably would never have gone out again. almost two years now (counting the platonic break up period where we saw each other even more than before!?*) the dancing and the jazz (for him it's the blues) seems to soothe our feisty/argumentative souls! i think they also are pheremone enhancers and get you to see the spirit that is under someone's armor. actually we are both quite hilarious.

go for it people and do not tame your savage beast.

kachoo, kachoo....d-mn this head cold.
 goodglosguy
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/27/2007 5:10:46 PM
There's several dance genres that I'm very good at but I would hesitate to make dancing a first date unless I knew the date could cope.

Some women can follow just about any dance so would be Ok to take to my sort of dance.

As a man, I would often be expected to lead - and there's 100s of dance genres where I would not have a clue what to lead.

Overall, a bad choice for a first date unless I knew the circumstances were just right.
 johnm23357
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/29/2007 7:56:53 AM
It would be perfect for me. My hobby is dancing. Also I would get to hold the lady during the slow dances.
 BDRT
Msg: 59
Posted: 1/14/2008 3:26:17 PM
I just got to move to Texas! I take country dance lessons, but there are no good country bars for dancing! We hold our own dances at the Eagle's Clubs in the area, for that reason.
I'd love to go dancing for a first date, second date, any date!! I do line dancing too, so if he wants to sit one out and I don't there's always that. And he can watch me!
 sunnykatt
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 6:46:07 PM
As much as I love to dance I'm not sure I would go the first date. You could use the first date to find out more things & interests of the person. First off, find out if they know how to dance If it proceeds into a second date then a BIG RESOUNDING YES!!! In fact, with me that would be the date of choice always.
 Girlflower
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/16/2008 3:57:13 AM
I enjoy dancing anytime... one of my questions I as my potential male friends is .. do you like to dance? and then I try to get them somewhere.. and I ask them to dance.. if they say not now.. no, maybe later well baby I know the guys is not for me... and he is history!

In my family my folks took the time to teach us how to dance.. chacha, samba, waltz.. lindy, and my personal all time favorite.. lol holding onto the doorknob doing rock n roll!!! anyone else remember dancing with the door????? rotf!

I love a man who can relax in public.. and just dance.. even if it is swaying to the music... dancing has and also will be a social skill I look for in a mate... as for the first date.. where is he? let's go shake it up baby... we can always "talk" later.

Girlflower
on dating hiatus

PS.. I have a great belly dancing cd.... the finger drum solo is sooooo hot!
 867love
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/16/2008 1:08:27 PM
dancing is great -anytime. however i would avoid the large noisy clubs at first. -find a quieter place with great music where you can give her as much attention as you can,
some place you can talk to her without yelling in her ear.
 Wildcard74
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/16/2008 4:28:13 PM
No, I'd never go dancing on a first date. I just can't dance at all and all the times I've tried my partner had something smart to say about it.

Dancing was not something that was a part of my life while growing up and doing it now makes me uncomfortable. After a few drinks, I don't care what I look like or what others say though.

Dancing is not everyone's cup of tea. I'd never judge anyone or assume that someone who can't dance/won't dance is bad in bed.
 Sylver~
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2008 4:53:47 PM
First date... If the lady is interested in it sure!
While there is a downside to somewhere loud, I love dancing, and while I enjoy seeing a woman dance on the floor moving I am much more of a participation fan! Fast, slow, waltz, salsa, line dancing - all great exercise and it says alot about a womans personality to see her dance. Slow dancing allows a chance to see how it feels to be close to her and how she moves together while fast dancing you get to see alot of your dates personality.

I suggest a light Dinner, then dancing. Chat over dinner then work it off on a dance floor. :)
 woterlily
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/7/2008 8:06:10 AM
Depends if there's chemistry, yes, slow dancing is my fav, I like to be held by someone taller than myself.

If no chemistry, sorry, I'll dance with my friends
 veloise
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2008 8:46:42 PM

...In our recent past community dances were the MAIN way that sweethearts met each other. ...People would travel miles and sometimes even for days to attend the event in the hope of finding a 'spark'. It was very social and it was a way of meeting the community from the very young to the oldest. Everybody wanted to go and everybody did.

No one REFUSED to dance so everybody mixed. It was impolite to refuse anyone but if you did not LIKE someone you simply gave them but ONE dance! ...

Ladies I wonder about your role in this dilema. As I see it dancing is part of the social fabric of our society. It is in this venue that you meet old friends and make new ones. It is social, liberating, fun, great exercise and brings some reality into our otherwise 'sheltered' lives. And you let the man in your life dictate that you will not go dancing...why? They fear you will be approached? They fear they are not good enough? What ever it is that they fear you should be even more fearful because...

Men who don't dance are not social (there's always an exception to the rule). ... There are few places better than the dance hall for mingling. ...

Brother speaks truth. As a dance caller, many's the time I've orchestrated mingling and social introductions. Happy to help!

My last second date: a contra dance. Likewise my last third date. Fishie looooved it, the music, the caller (my mentor!), the dances, the fun.

Let's dance!
 CowboyEnuff
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/3/2008 3:49:40 PM
Thought I would revive this OLD thread because this Week in Austin there will be some reviving going on.

"WINE ME, DINE ME, 69 ME" is back for one more night this month at DALLAS NITE CLUB in Austin.

Yep! Those of you who might be interested in knowing this might want to grab a date, your best friend(s), any who and come on out. Last month Dallas opened its doors under the premise of getting rid of some or all of the liquor laying around that they have on hand. So VIPs and regulars came out and packed the place. As it stood, I heard that GRAHAMs was empty that nite.

Since DNC was once the MOST happenist club in Austin for 25yrs, I do hope those of you familiar with it will stop by have a drink or two and say hi to an oldie but goodie.

And in case you are still wondering over the APD Debacle and the TABC harrassment that has gone on with this establishment. Well, "Boys Will Be Boys"! And both agencies are still harrassing the club, but with a touch more tact than previously used. I mean, they do not want to have many others suing them for some of the stuff they have both already pending and past law suits over. SO COME OUT AND HAVE FUN! And leave the ugly stuff to the UGLY Folks.

"COWBOYENUFF"
 CowboyEnuff
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/19/2009 12:25:52 AM
Since my last post, Dallas nite club closed. And this weekend I had an amazing experience. Met this really cool young lady at the club I am currently coming out to dance. We shared one or two dances and she disappeared in the club for some time.

Where next do you go...
 sammylg
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/19/2009 9:15:55 AM
I like dancing when i'm in a relationship, not on the first date. I like intimate dancing (aka bump and grind), which really won't happen on the first date (always hoping it will), rather than bouncing off the dance floor.

Strangely enough I like dancing when I'm with my friends at the club, often because we pick up alot of female partners who are willing and able (to dance that is).
 kpooks
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2009 8:10:43 AM
Slow-dancing may feel a bit formal and forced for a first date, but fun swing-her-around stuff is cool-!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >