Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 naeco
Msg: 11
Just Venting....Think She's Cheating.....Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ignoring the fact that you still have a profile up, and it doesn't say "I've been seeing someone for 6 months, I'm just here for the forums", I will give some objective advice:

Don't jump to any conclusions yet. Don't make any big decisions because of this, but DO start watching things closer now. If you start seeing a pattern of things like this, then start getting more serious about it. If you jump to a conclusion now and you accuse her, and you are actually wrong, it's going to put a big dent in your relationship, where she won't feel like you trust her.

And it's true - she might actually START cheating because she sees your profile on here, and thinks you are doing it, too. You've given her a good starting point for going down that road.
 Lario
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Just Venting....Think She's Cheating.....
Posted: 12/22/2007 10:48:00 AM
As long as she works with someone she used to date, you're gonna have an issue with their outside the office contacts. Just because you're a bit paranoid doesn't mean they're not boinking. I'm wondering why she had to go over to see him to exchange gifts. Were the gifts not appropriate for the office? Sounds fishy to me...
 jkchd07
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2007 12:12:20 PM
Well buddy, I think that since you said she used to date him that she is quilty as charged. She has no reason whatsoever to see him away from the office period! Be strong bud, and be elusive and don't kiss her ass! If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it usually is a duck. If you can't have any peace of mind it's not worth the pain. Ask yourself if this is the way you want things to be from now on because if they aren't move on. If she's not chasing you, she's probably using you. Sorry man, been there and done that.

P.S. I hope you haven't spent a lot of money on a Christmas gift for this person. 6 months does not warrant an expensive gift. I've been there and done that too!
 naeco
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:31:41 PM

You have to ask if she cheated?

Yeah, that's all you have to do. Just ask.

gonzofanmel
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2008 7:53:54 AM
OP, be very careful.

A lot of this stuff you present sounds like things one of my exes used to say. He was convinced I was cheating on him (I wasn't); His so-called "evidence" was things such as I had a five minute conversation with another guy when we went out, or if I called him back at 8 instead of at 5. Even when I explained, he still shouted and called me a liar and a whore. I was devastated at being treated that way, and it ruined our relationship.

At this point, it's really hard to tell if she is cheating on your or not, but it's up to you as to how you want to read her actions. Don't let your insecurities get the better of you. If you are worried about your relationship, then you need to sit down and TALK TO HER. Don't accuse her of anything, but explain how you feel and ask her why she is acting that way. If her answers don't satisfy you, then you can take the necessary actions.

Good luck!
 justme1124
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2008 2:34:08 PM
well,you've only been dating 6 months,she doesn't owe you anything,you shouldn't be trying to trust anything at 6 months,accept what she's telling you about herself.
 Cueil
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:11:08 AM
dude... if you are already doubting her end it now... Trust if the foundation of any relationship even the slightest crack in a relationship as new as yours means that you're looking at a big problem... it seems small at first, but in the end it splits the house in two
 Cueil
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:16:57 AM

The reason that we did not exchange gifts at the office is because there is only 1 more employee other than myself. The lady in the office had not even been working but for 2 months or so and I thought it would be rude for me accept a gift when I knew that with her only working there for a short period of time he would not buy her anything. (I was given a Shark floor vac as a gift by him and I bought him a painters easel with paints for anyone worried about that. )
I did not get off work until 2:15 went and picked up a stocking to put his daughters name on it to put a puppy that I had gotten earlier that week due to their dog getting hit by a car the week before this. Went to my house where I picked up my little girl from the bus stop helped to get my girls clothes up to stay with their dad, put the Dr's gift in the car and took my little one to meet her father and her sister to eat dinner. I call the Dr a couple of times but he was still at the hospital (as my cell phone bill will show......so why should I be calling someones cell phone if I was laying in the bed beside of them???????) He called me back and I went to his house he opened the easel and then I opened my vac and left. Went home put the vac on charge took a shower and went to Cat_Mech's house because I had no time to take the shower while I was home before. As for the Dr. and my relationship it ended over 1 & 1/2 years ago and I have dated since but the other relationship didn't work out due to his problems(substance abuse).
I have dated my current boyfriend for 6 months and as he said I have given him no reasons not to trust me up to this point so why would I do it now?????????? My heart belongs to the Cat_Mech but I don't know if he cares about me. I just wish I didn't have to read it on line.

Everyone has doubts... if this is the truth then your relationship is fine as long as trust is completely and totally restored... but mark my words if even the smallest of cracks still exist the relationship is a waste of time for both of you... I keep telling my ex this about her current relationship, but she wont listen and her man has good reason to doubt her.
 SVImager
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/8/2008 8:10:55 AM
OH boy, I hope you guys work it out. And Next time talk to each other first before going to the number one bad source of advice - internet.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >