Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 177
Do Animals Have Rights?Page 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

I bet those are atheists links, nobody but atheist will read / (watch) them.= Waste of time.!!

Sorry I forgot your beliefs are that fragile that you can not watch things that prove what you believe in was just made up.
 sviitmore
Msg: 178
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/20/2015 10:13:44 AM
^^^^ You can prove there is no God? All you can in reality do is speculate about that. As for the Bible, yea . . . it has some credibility issues . . . . but that has nothing to do with whether this world, indeed the Universe was created by more than spontaneous collisions between parallel universal branes at the time of the Big Bang.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/20/2015 10:40:42 AM
^ Oh no, here we go again. Are you prepared to say and ask those things? Do you really know what you're saying? Have you really looked into all that?
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 180
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/20/2015 10:57:02 AM

^^^^ You can prove there is no God?

I will assume that you meant "can't" and not "can".

In related news, you can not prove that your god is any more real then the 10000's of other claimed gods.

All you can in reality do is speculate about that. As for the Bible, yea . . . it has some credibility issues . . . .

Some?

http://bibviz.com/
 sviitmore
Msg: 181
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/20/2015 3:45:06 PM

^ Oh no, here we go again. Are you prepared to say and ask those things? Do you really know what you're saying? Have you really looked into all that?

I remember those three hundred plus page arguments. LOL. I need to check and see if the some of the same players are around as were then. You're still here of course. I know that Coma is still around. I have to get back there.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/20/2015 5:03:43 PM
Three hundred plus page arguments. Those were the good ole days. Great times. Aahhh...back in the day...such longing...such nostalgia...

Still remember the best thing that was ever said...someone new came in with a particular comment, and cress said "You have no idea what you're getting into. Leave while you can".

You're still here of course

Well, the problem is that I am not all that hot. Much better minds have vacated. Even better discussions are to be found going further back. Sometimes I feel like it's people like me who bored them. Of course, some of them are just as bad as those on the other end of the spectrum - bad attitude. You can be real smart in an area or two or three, yet still have no sense and be dumb as a box of rocks.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/20/2015 5:26:56 PM
Yes they do. I am glad there are laws to jail people that harm an animal. Animals are better then people.
 sviitmore
Msg: 184
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/20/2015 5:39:47 PM
Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.
 funchesf
Msg: 185
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/22/2015 2:35:42 PM

Posted By: Aprilikeswhiteroses
By the law of GOD, YES, they have rights.!!!

Ecclesiastes 3:18-20
“As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals.
Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. We All have the same breath;
humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

Ecclesiastes is not referring to any law of God, the passages are the thoughts of Solomon as to how Solomon "ASSUME" God use animals to test the virtues of Man

that Man has Dominion over animals is a direct command from God given in the beginning which is why there are no laws that supercede that command and why the faithful are forbidden to give animal rights

Man having Dominion is why Adam was given the task of naming all the animals in the Garden
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 186
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/23/2015 5:12:31 AM
In one respect animals get treated better than humans.

Lets say you have a terminal debilitating condition and you decided that you would rather pass on your own terms and not needlessly suffer.

If you live in Canada or the USA unless you have a pocket full of cash to travel to a country that allows assisted suicide you are going to have to suffer thanks to the backwards thinking of some.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 187
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/23/2015 6:54:13 AM
^^^ Five states in the USA have aid in dying laws allowing doctors to write lethal doses of medicines.

So are we more progressive / humane than Canada or just more concerned with spending money?
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 188
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/23/2015 1:47:39 PM

Lets say you have a terminal debilitating condition and you decided that you would rather pass on your own terms and not needlessly suffer............ unless you have a pocket full of cash to travel to a country that allows assisted suicide

Committing suicide is a SIN.!!
One of the Ten Commandments says, you should not kill.
Our life belongs to God, and only GOD can remove it.

But, If the doctor is an atheist.............
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 189
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/23/2015 5:24:29 PM

So is having fish on Friday and a man trimming his beard.

Big whoop, as it means nothing to anyone but yourself.
 funchesf
Msg: 190
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/24/2015 6:35:24 AM

Posted By: HFX_RGB2

reminds me of a television program called "Animals are People Too? ....which probably explains why they place pigs dressed in farmer's clothes on the packages of pork sausages

God sent Jesus on a mission to sacrifice his life ....what's the difference between Martyrdom and committing suicide

didn't God command Abraham to kill his son Isaac

The Great Flood sort of brought that point home

But, If the doctor is an atheist.............

and their patients are also Atheists or the like.... because those that go to Doctors lack Faith in God
 dragonbytes
Msg: 191
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/24/2015 6:40:12 AM
Animals have whatever rights human beings decide as a society to give them.
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 192
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/24/2015 5:05:32 PM

Just because the owner give up on his pet, and kills it when is too sick or too old, it doesn't mean they are treated better than humans.
I didn't do that to my Dog "Spot" he was 16 years old when he died, he acted as an old person, slow walking with pain in his bones, but I did give him tylenol for pain, and that helped him to walk faster and happy with no pain his last 2 years.
He died in my daughter's bed, She put him in her bed that night and we both stayed all night with him until his last breath.
We have him in our backyard and on top I planted roses.

didn't God command Abraham to kill his son Isaac.

You are well aware that God was ONLY testing his faith.
And what's your point with all that blah, blah, blah. ?

Poster #259 was talking about assisted suicide and how animals get treated better than humans, because People practice euthanasia to them when they are to old or sick.

In my post # 261 I was explaining WHY a religious doctor will never do this to a person.
Assisted suicide/ killing a person have nothing to do with humanity.

God gives us a Cross exactly to our measure, a Cross that we can Load, not more, not less.!
 funchesf
Msg: 193
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/24/2015 6:53:28 PM

In my post # 261 I was explaining WHY a religious doctor will never do this to a person.

when one gets sick it is God trying to bring them home ....and those that try to stop this is doing the work of Satan ...this is why there are no religious doctors only Witch Doctors

God gives us a Cross exactly to our measure, a Cross that we can Load, not more, not less.!

Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God. ....Leviticus 26:1

You are well aware that God was ONLY testing his faith.

it was disobedience when Abraham choose not to kill Isaac because an Angel told him not to ...isn't Satan an angel?

when God gives you a direct command to do something you aren't supposed to listen to anyone else or seek reasons or excuses not to do it...that's how Man got kicked out of Eden because Adam and Eve listened to the serpent ..

for those that try to claim that the Serpent was Satan ....it would mean that Adam and Eve like Abraham all disobeyed God because they listened to an angel

And what's your point with all that blah, blah, blah. ?

because in place of killing his son,.. Abraham found a trapped Ram and used it as a burnt offering ...so much for the religious giving animals rights in the bible
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 194
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 7/24/2015 7:41:08 PM

...so much for the religious giving animals rights in the bible

Goes both ways though, as remember that time god sent the bears to kill the little boys that laughed at the bald priests?
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 195
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 8/17/2015 10:34:13 AM

So lets be honest. If we stop using animals as a resource, and use other things whether it is oil or cotton or crops - we are still killing animals and in some cases threatening extinctions through habitat destruction and climate change.............................................
"Relying on grains and pulses brings destruction of native ecosystems, significant threats to native species and at least 25 times more deaths of sentient animals per kilogram of food. Most of these animals sing love songs to each other, until we inhumanely mass-slaughter them.

Hmm,....Interesting.!!
Interesting links too.
 gingerosity
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 8/18/2015 12:01:42 AM
Michael and Mike raised some good points. I agree with most of them, but I would underline that eating crop-fed animals is a lot worse than simply eating crops. More than half of the world’s crops are used to feed livestock, not people, so it is not a trivial point.

Soft-hooved, native, low-methane rangeland meat like kangaroo is absolutely superior to feedlot meat on every ethical and environmental metric, and yes, superior to intensive monocrops too. Debating whether it is superior to things like organic/permaculature crops or more modern hydroponic/vertical/whatever farms would be a distraction from the most important and urgent task of shifting people to responsible sources of meat.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 8/19/2015 11:49:48 AM
Michelesq and Gingerosity...indeed.

I see within this dialogue the axiom that animal rights means not using animals at all for any resource. If that's the case, I didn't know that. But, I'd figure that treating animals as a resource is apart from being "humane" about it - I'd have thought that animal rights would be about how we treat them, not whether or not we use them as a resource.

Ultimately, it would make no sense to not treat animals as a resource. All life uses all life as resource. All species of plant and animal (and others etc) is actually part of one big community or family, the members of which support and rely upon each other. Also, I think that differentiating animal from plant in such a way that we worry about the animal's suffering but not the plant's...is a kind of animal-centric animal-chauvinism. We don't relate to the experience of a plant, so we assume that there is no feeling or experience for such an organism. And I think that would be incorrect.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 198
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 8/19/2015 2:22:43 PM
^^^^^ PETA is often maliciously, politically misrepresented.

These people cannot be reasoned with.

But they can be deliberately misquoted and misrepresented. Right?

Peter Singer the godfather of the Animal Rights movement, points out the movement is not about love for animals:

Quoted out of context to make… what point?

The Singers’s English hostess at tea:

“But you are interested in animals, aren’t you, Mr. Singer?”

“We (he and his wife; not the entire animal rights movement) tried to explain that we were interested in the prevention of suffering and misery; that we were opposed to arbitrary discrimination; that we thought it wrong to inflict needless suffering on another being, even if that being were not a member of our own species; and that we believed animals were ruthlessly and cruelly exploited by humans, and we wanted this changed. Otherwise, we said, we (again: he and his wife, not the entire animal rights movement) were not especially ‘interested in’ animals.”

(Preface to the 1975 edition.)

I really hate it when people deliberately misrepresent others to try to make points.

Just Like Us?
Toward a Nation of Animal Rights"
(symposium), Harper's, August 1988,
p. 50.

You got a usable link for this article? I’m not paying for access to Harper’s archive.

Or is your source one of the anti-PETA blogs?
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 199
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 8/19/2015 7:46:24 PM

^^^^^ PETA is often maliciously, politically misrepresented.

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 8/20/2015 3:55:16 PM
Dam, there are so many things that I need to say in response, but I don't have enough time at the moment.
 JustinElle
Msg: 201
Do Animals Have Rights?
Posted: 9/8/2015 1:47:28 PM
Animals and the poor have one right to be killed and exploited they are lower life forms, although not spoken about, but just watch the news the last few years. We kill them, bomb them, poison them, force them to migrate in biblical numbers, to slowly starve and die of disease in specially created camps, administered by underfunded do-gooders to give it that humane gloss, while charity CEO's live it up in the material style of sheer utter contempt towards the people they obviously abhor, while bleating for more donations.

The right to live is at last being addressed, and the right to religious freedom too, its free for some and the rest can rot, and we can watch on TV the gradual death toll rise into the millions in a decade or so, at present rates.

We in the developed world are fans of exterminations having overseen so many since Hitler showed us how it NOT done, one must not to be seen guiding such events. Let the unequal in Gaza die slowly and painfully is how many desire the outcome to end, while in Yemen its just the extermination of an opposing religious sect, b while the illegal perpetrators of the war, watch weekly beheading on TV for free.

In the USA the CIA have treated sections of the population as laboratory rats, pumping them with drugs, disease, and not forgetting the electric shocks derived from slaughterhouse practices. Low life is expendable, as government prove their contempt for sections of society, not through words, but through actions. One has to admit that in many instances quadrupedal animals have a better time in many cased to the bipedal ones. But who is actually interested in evidence, facts.

Letting stuff happen suggests one is complicit, and we all just let it happen, so maybe its time to rejoice and celebrate the torturers, the death squads we train, the civilians that allow us target practice, as the anthropologists collect tears for future generations to revere. So Hitler was not all that bad, Nazism was compared to the carnage since WW2 and the hundreds of million the developed nations have systematically murdered for profit, all i all we have a lot to be grateful for as the NAZI's s held the light, paved the way, for our profit motivated civilization to charge down.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >