Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dracoa79
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Christmas CarolsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I really don't care for the "Traditional" Xmas songs, you know, the ones that start before Thanksgiving.

One's I do like on the other hand would be the "twisted" Xmas songs, like Twisted Sisters "Heavy Metal Xmas", or any of the parody songs by Bob Rivers, which include "I Am Santa Clause" which is a parody of "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Christmas Carols
Posted: 12/24/2007 12:11:10 AM

parody songs by Bob Rivers, which include "I Am Santa Clause" which is a parody of "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath.

OMG....for all these years I thought it was Black Sabbath....I'm so disillusioned...LOL (Master of Reality was my very first album)

Lennon's "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" is...bar none...the song that gets to the roots of the true ideals of not just Christmas.....but of humanity....they are words to live by every day of the year...
 soupysales
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Christmas Carols
Posted: 12/24/2007 12:56:14 PM
Unfortunately the car radio died just in time for the holidays so I had to entertain my boy for over ten hours in the car. "Dad, sing song Christmas songs." Okay. "We three kings.." oh-oh the only memory I can find has lyrics dealing with a rubber cigar. Then there was jingle bells dealing with Batman's body odour, and only the first few lines of other traditional carols. So my favourite would be any one I can get all the correct lyrics to.
 hbon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Christmas Carols
Posted: 12/25/2007 9:03:02 AM
Mary's Boy Child by Bony M.

A song of celebration..can't help but get up and dance
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Christmas Carols
Posted: 11/7/2008 6:54:44 PM
there's quite a few christmas songs that i like....

santa, i'm right here (brooks and dunn) - since i lost my home a few months ago i'm now back home living at my parents' house....it really doesn't seem the same. i'm one for decorating and decorating my way and not having to ask anyone if they want it here or there. i hope that santa finds me.

all i want for christmas is you (leeann rimes) - hoping that someone would feel the same way about me but then again we only met once and we talk on a daily basis.

old toy trains (roger miller) - i miss building my own train platform for my lionel o-27 trains. with my shoulder the way it is i'm going to need help but being alone (no relationship and living with family) i'd like to have a special someone join me with building the platform.

there's more but i'll leave some for other people...........

i hope everyone has a happy turkey day (coming soon fast) and enjoys listening to christmas songs and decorating as much as i do.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Christmas Carols
Posted: 11/7/2008 7:36:59 PM
omg jaz, at least i'm not the only one. i love christmas songs, play them all the time on my comp or stereo. when i'm not playing the music and singing i'm watching christmas shows...lol.

i never seen the nutcracker suite but i bet it was great. one day i'm going to get to nyc and see the nutcracker ballet even though i'm not into ballet.
 AntonioRo
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Christmas Carols
Posted: 11/24/2008 2:38:29 PM
I wouldn't mind Run-DMC Christmas Rap

But yeah Christmas carols is ear rape

I have every right to say that since I work in Retail
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 15
Christmas Carols
Posted: 1/2/2011 8:06:57 AM
Got right into the thick of it this Christmas, creating memories and all that for our 8 year old. Got my ears bashed to Bing Crosby Christmas classics myself and I'd be lying to you if I don't own up to being all fuzzy and warm and nostalgic when I hear White Christmas at anytime of the year (even though I grew up in a tropical island without a single speck of snow dust).

I have the e.p. Christmas by my all-time favourite band from Duluth, Minnesota Low played on repeat by special request from our son, Little Drummer Boy and Just Like Christmas in particular. Also on rotation was disc 3 from the Big Star compilation Keep An Eye Out On The Sky which includes two versions of the song Jesus Christ...not particularly religious, but its a Christmas song...a Big Star song!

I also have Sufjan Stevens with his Songs for Christmas...a five disc box set just sitting on my shelf...didn't get to play it much other than a couple of listens to Come on! Let’s Boogey to the Elf Dance! and That Was the Worst Christmas Ever! and Did I Make You Cry On Christmas Day? (Well, You Deserved It!)
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >