Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 love2touch
Msg: 183
Why do women date mutiple guys at once?Page 5 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
It is called DATE LIKE A MAN BEFORE YOU GET PLAYED LIKE A B*TCH!!
 UR 2 girls away from 3sum
Msg: 184
Why do women date mutiple guys at once?
Posted: 7/9/2008 4:59:21 PM

Mind you I am not talking about having sex with multiples.
You mean like triplets?
 wee-lamm
Msg: 186
Posted: 7/11/2008 9:50:43 AM
There may be a differnece between having a date with more than one person over a given period, and having regular dates with several people over the same period.

Occasionally dating several people at the same time is simply the process of sorting out the ones you don't feel you are compatible with over the long term. It could be disheartening to find that you are dating a person every Tuesday, Thursday, and alternate Fridays, while they are also dating someone else Monday, Wednesday, and the other Fridays. One would have to wonder if they also had a family somewhere that saw them only on the weekends.

Having said that, I think the true measure of any persons worth is their ability to communicate. This not only includes the ability to be honest and forthright. but the willingness to step out from behind our colgate protective sheild and ask the things we are wondering about, from the people who would have the proper answer. In this case, this would be the person you are seeing.

I admit this non an easy thing to do, but if you eliminate that wonder, it will leave more time to wonder and anticipate the more wonderful things in exploring a relationship.

I would also like to take the gender thing out of it, as it tends to stereotype people into specific behaviours without actually looking at the individual. One poster suggested "Date like a man, before you are played like a B." I would ask that poster, how do you call it when the female is the more dominant person in teh relationship?

In truth, it all comes down to people looking for other people to spend their time with, with a hope of finding that one person they could actually stand to be around for more than 72 hours without intteruption, without wanting to pull out their hair or poke out the other persons eyes. I tend to get sick of myself now and then, so good luck to anyone thinking of the 72 hour test. =D

Honestly, Just ask the other person how they feel and where they stand.

Wee-Lamm
 guys4theforums
Msg: 187
Posted: 7/17/2008 5:52:00 AM
Women/Men won't stop at dating just one till they find one that is a keeper. But even then, who's to say that keeper they find is going to find them to be a keeper?
 CherylCake
Msg: 188
Posted: 7/17/2008 6:10:29 AM
Coma White brought up an outdated term that should have never went away. Going Steady. Member that? I still insist on a formal commitment with a token of esteem such as a ring, bracelet, jacket or sweater. Just like the old days. It's soooo retro.If you want me exclusively, we go steady. If you can't even commit to that, then I'm free to date multiples...and I do!
 gypsywoman777
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 9:24:28 AM
A lot of women have not met the person they 'want' to be with yet. Also one person cannot be everything to one person and they may need some space or a variety. Until things get serious there should not be a problem with someone having several friends they can enjoy. Doesn't mean they need to have sex with all of them, but then again, you should not buy a pair of shoes until you have tried them on. The main thing to worry about are std's. No one needs a surprise like that. Try not to give your heart away so quickly and you won't get burnt so badly.
 gypsywoman777
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 9:27:18 AM
Married men do the same thing. And another that I recently met was a big joke. His picture had to be at least 20 years old and would have never recognized him if I didn't know there was a meeting to take place. Some people just have to live in denial
 amusinglisa
Msg: 192
Posted: 7/17/2008 10:19:47 AM
You know, I do not want to "date" (as in, be intimate with) many people over a long period of time, but I think people need to "date" (as in, get to know one another over conversation and [publicly appropriate] activities) more than one person to find out who they want for a partner. I am hopeful that I will know "the one" when I meet him (or meet with him a few times) but please do not confuse my patience and persistence with something more - erm - distasteful.
 dallasdriver
Msg: 193
Posted: 7/21/2008 12:03:39 AM
since women date multiple women at the same time, i refuse to pay for her anymore.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 197
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:50:49 AM
It's against my nature to date multiple guys, but I am finding out that putting all my eggs in one basket is not working so well. They seem to spoil and then it's time to get some fresh ones or a new basket.
 EagleEric
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/21/2008 11:18:59 AM
The reason is they like to enjoy lots of co*ks of different sizes!

The Eagle
 ladyc4
Msg: 204
Posted: 11/19/2008 12:39:27 PM
I have multiple personalities... Does that count?

Well, if they all know each other/inhabit the same social circle, it could expose you to a certain amount of prurient gossip. Under no circumstances should any of your personalities be allowed to date one another,which I believe would constitute psychiatric incest, not to mention causing confusion at family reunions.
Cindy O
 ladyc4
Msg: 206
Posted: 11/19/2008 1:47:15 PM

One of my personalities is always present. Her name is "Rosie Palms." She is an absolute slut, and will pleasure any one of my other personalities at their convenience.

Is that wrong?

Well, Mrs Palm and her girls are sort of the exception that proves the rule. I wouldn't say it was WRONG, but you might want to kind of be discreet, especially if you live in a conservative community. I can't say for sure, not being a guy, but it would seem like a real girlfriend,even just one, would be a bit more entertaining but that's just a guess on my part.
Cindy O
 jadegreen
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:06:09 PM
Oh I can answer this one easily, b/c we have been trained by the men to be non-exclusive....it is a habit we picked up from the men. I'm very serious.
 jadegreen
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:08:18 PM
Im an exclusive person by nature though...and wehn you meet the right person, you don't wont to date around...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 210
Posted: 11/20/2008 6:31:45 AM
Dating multiple people just means you want more free meals.

What if she buys her own food? Some women pay their own way on dates, you know that right? Well...unless of course you always date the types that expect you to pay for everything. Then I guess yeah, the women YOU date would be looking for free meals.

If that's what you're worried about, then don't date - that way no one will ever take you for anything. You'll be single forever, but it's worth it, right?

If you barely know the woman, expecting her to drop everything else in the first month or so is extreme - especially when you've met her once or twice. Naturally if she's been dating you long enough for it to become serious, that's a different story.

Just as a man who's looking for the right woman for him should date who he's interested in finding out about early on, no matter how many women that is. Should he stop talking to other women cause he's meeting one for the first time? Hell no.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 211
Posted: 11/20/2008 6:47:19 AM
^^AGAIN, how does dating one OR more than one have to do with a guy paying for anything? Perhaps she just likes company while she takes herself out to eat, and gets bored looking at the same guy twice in one week. It happens.

If all the women you date give you cash, why not date more than one woman? Oh, yeah that might be the same thing huh? lol

Newsflash: not every woman out there needs cash (or anything else) from a man. If this is seriously your impression of women, then I guess you've been dating the wrong ones...or you like to rile people up in forums and stray from topics. I can't decide which.

Just say SOME women, not "women". We are not all alike. The end.
 ladyc4
Msg: 214
Posted: 11/20/2008 10:35:22 AM
I would never date multiple women

I don't doubt it a bit but I bet it's an issue of opportunity(nonexistent) rather than principles.
I'd be highly surprised( unless your forum persona is completely tongue in cheek) if you can ever get ONE reasonably presentable/normal woman to date you.
Cindy O
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 215
Posted: 11/20/2008 10:40:49 AM
I don't doubt it a bit but I bet it's an issue of opportunity(nonexistent) rather than principles.
I'd be highly surprised( unless your forum persona is completely tongue in cheek) if you can ever get ONE reasonably presentable/normal woman to date you.

Seems he's here for intimate encounters anyway, (yes, that would be the dreaded "fluid exchange" with strangers), so no - not many legitimate women looking for more than that would date him even if he DID have opportunities, which he clearly doesn't. lol

However the opportunity thing is very true. Sure there are plenty of men out there to date, but a slim few to none who I find attractive enough to juggle anyway; I seem to find one every couple of months who I even look back at twice. If there were, I guess this'd be more of a topic. Unfortunately, I can't date men just to kill boredom, so this isn't really a legitimate problem.
 purplerocks
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 10:17:02 AM
About 2 years ago, i met a woman online and met her for dinner. We had a great time. Flirting, eye contact, hand holding. We really hit it off. There seemed to be instant chemistry. I asked her if she was busy the following weekend. Then it happened. She said she was busy next weekend. BOB on friday...FRANK on saturday...and Pete on sunday. THAT WAS IT FOR ME....I'll be damned if i'm going to invest my time, energy, emotions and feelings in a woman that seems to be "dating" the entire male population.. I told her it was nice meeting her, but i cannot see her anymore. She drove home. She called me the next morning saying what a great time she had with me. I told her again that i will not get involved with a serial dater. She actually started to cry. It was bittersweet. I know it was only 2 hours with her, but i thought she may be special. I truly hate dating. Especially at my age. Why cant i find a sweet, honest simple woman that only wants me? So frustrating....The search continues
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 219
Posted: 11/21/2008 10:24:40 AM
^^^PURPLEROCKS, I'm a pretty non-judgemental person, but that's harsh, even for me. You got an extreme case.

Most decent men or women don't line up dates one night after another, nor if they did do they announce it proudly...I would hope that's not a common thing, anyway. Sheesh. She could have just told you what nights she had free and made plans to meet up again, there was no need for the extra information. That's so harsh, I wonder if it was her idea (tho a bad one, obviously) of a joke.

I do believe that a first meeting is just that tho, a meeting. While dating 7 guys in 3 days is a bit much, narrowing down your options early on is ok - wanting someone to date only you exclusively after one meeting is also extreme.
 sddude
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 1:51:57 PM
damn I better not tell them about my daily afternoon and night dates need a computer program to keep track . Well it is just the buffet you gotta compete come stuff in the platters are too fatty , too boney , some do not taste well and if you are not chesen well you cannot compete as raw liver along side something truely succulent, I hope to be someones juicy ribs on her plate often
 Cynderella
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 9:14:27 PM
Never have never will...everyone deserves one on one time and attention!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >