Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 compleat_man
Msg: 276
Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.Page 12 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
I suppose the logic is, if she would put a small tube filled with known toxins (cut weeds -tobacco, nicotine and other assorted foul chemicals) into her mouth.

she likely would put ANYTHING into her mouth?
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 277
Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.
Posted: 10/28/2008 2:27:16 PM

What if they smoke CIGARS? I know I'm a filthy dirty girl!

Monica? Is that you?

~Bill
 1bootster2
Msg: 278
Posted: 11/2/2008 4:20:36 AM
I once had a co-worker say it like this " if she's smoking- she's poking. Have you ever seen a virgin that smokes?" After thinking it over, I see the truth in it. Personally, I don't smoke nor find it attractive.
 MsMicki
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 9:02:02 AM

That has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in a very long time.

the things one learns on here....
If you're overweight......your a desperate slut that will sleep with anything
If you're over 40...your a desperate woman trying to regain her youth
If you share your knowledge....your a sad pathetic lonely person trying to get some attention here
Now....if u smoke.....your a slut

I wish someone would have told me a long time ago that I'm a desperate slut trying to regain my youth by sleeping with every man I meet and and than bragging about it here to gain attention
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 280
Posted: 11/30/2008 9:16:31 AM
So smoking makes you promiscuous now? Oh damn, now I know why I haven't had sex in so long. I smoke. Oh wait...doesn't that prove the opposite of the rocket scientist who theory I just splattered? Now that I know, I will go get brunch and bang the waiters. Watch out boys....I'm smoking and on the prowl.
 compleat_man
Msg: 281
Posted: 11/30/2008 11:30:37 AM
"if they're smokin', they're pokin' "

(said tongue-in-cheek of course)
 lyingcheat
Msg: 282
Posted: 11/30/2008 3:52:38 PM
tsk tsk OP, wherever that promiscuity word goes, the S word is sure to follow. And they both always tend to rile up the womenfolk...
Disclaimer: I don't agree with any of the above posters who seem to equate whore-like sluttishness with a promiscuity that may simply be enjoyment combined with an open, accepting attitude toward sexuality (or is that sexualty?).

But anyway, I'm wondering if the conclusion isn't backwards?
In the same way the fact that much larger proportions (than can be expected) of the prison population smoke, as do the known mentally ill.
One might conclude that people who smoke are more inclined to crime, and will probably go mad.
eg; Insane Criminals... hahahaa

Some may agree with this conclusion.... but it is fallacious.
It's the other way around. Institutionalized people are bored people. Smoking is a portable hobby, ie; something to do. Smokers are also known to have an advantage in stressful situations, simply because the act of lighting up is a diversionary ritual... not to mention the delight of that first big... draw. on the.. cigarette. . and subsequent.. .. .. .. inhalation... ahhhh

In institutions it's also a socially bonding activity, where few others exist. In institutions, smoking is good for you.
So does smoking lead to crime? Or does crime lead to smoking?

What does this have to do with promiscuity? Not much probably, I'm just trying to disguise that I'm really contact broadcasting.
Hey baby! You with the cigarette...

littlesmiley
Msg: 283
Posted: 11/30/2008 9:39:13 PM
wouldn't it be interesting to see the adverts directed at women at the ages they started to smoke - all the portrayal of elegance, sophistication etc ... can't say I saw any 'promiscuity' in the ads... unless you count the scantily clad Alpine girls... oh wait... that's my brand ... but then again maybe in a few years they'll be saying women who use tampons ala the scantily clad bikini girls enjoying their freedom, are also far more promiscuous... when will men get it - it's not always about them.....
 smoranean
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 9:45:19 PM
Women who smoke are far more fun in general.
 smoranean
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2008 1:43:02 AM

What a crap generalization! And what of the men who smoke? I smoke and I’m not promiscuous. I take great offense to this.

I must admit that if they either got rid of the 500% taxation on tobacco or else added a nice little 500% taxation on petrol/benzine/gasoline/carbon-fuels to show that they really do care about toxic gas emissions and aren't just trying segregate other humans through incessant poverty inducing conmanship then they could go ahead and call me as promiscuous as they like, and maybe if I had that extra income that the anti-tobacco nazis steal from me in broad daylight every day of my life then I could afford to be as promiscuous as they want me to be then.
 lelathecat
Msg: 286
Posted: 12/2/2008 2:06:41 AM
I think that is total crap.

I'm extremely allergic to smoke. Does that make me frigid?
 smoranean
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 2:32:48 AM
Lela, I understand the Canary in a Coal Mine as I am an asthmatic, all my life pre-smoking days, but it cured my chronic high-school hayfever and I promise to always seat myself downwind of yoursellf if we are ever together and should seek a brief interlude to contemplate the latest conuundrum.

I make it an habit if I feel that a little tobacco might help my cannabinoid receptors to come up with an original solution. *** but always smoke downwind and don't litter after!

thecheekychick
Msg: 288
Posted: 12/2/2008 3:20:58 AM
smokers seem to be more careless all around.

They are not even scared of getting fired from their jobs to go on a million smoke brakes..
 thecheekychick
Msg: 289
Posted: 12/2/2008 3:23:49 AM
I have noticed that women who smoke... seem to always forget to take their birth control..

Maybe its because they are reckless! You have to be to smoke!
 smoranean
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 3:32:17 AM

Maybe its because they are reckless! You have to be to smoke!

On the contrary. By the Oriental Zodiac I'm a Fire Goat.

If you're afraid of fire then go live in the tropics and paddle your own canoe.
 compleat_man
Msg: 291
Posted: 12/2/2008 10:30:28 AM
^^^

ha ha. but do filter tips make a difference

yes, surveys show that women who smoke filter tips are also statistically more likely to insist on condom use for their casual sex hookups..

MsMicki
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:19:15 AM

ha ha. but do filter tips make a difference

yes, surveys show that women who smoke filter tips are also statistically more likely to insist on condom use for their casual sex hookups..

or maybe we just prefer something "longer" between our lips
 Dee4166
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 5:24:44 PM
Statistics are a strange animal, as anyone knows who has spent some time studying them....

This "information" presented here falls in the category of an extremely WEAK correlational relationship at best... at worst a completely misleading interpretation of entirely separate information....
As they say.... "lies!! Damn LIES! And STATISTICS!!!

Always, ALWAYS ask certain questions when dealing with "statistics"....What kind of a study was done, what was the size of the control group or targeted demographic, and what parameters are being used to interpret the data....And that's just for starters....
Learning to think in a critical manner is imperative in order to NOT allow yourself to be manipulated or coerced by what is basically faulty and flawed information put forth by people with questionable agendas of their own....
 MsMicki
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 5:27:56 PM
now I'm wondering as I light my cigerette......
if it's something else I'd rather be puffing on
 OMG hannah montana
Msg: 295
Posted: 12/3/2008 5:42:37 PM
I forget how/why I came across this, but this topic is absolutely hilarious.
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 296
Posted: 12/3/2008 7:43:56 PM
interesting facts your presenting here,its higher percents than I would have thought
 tjliddell
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2008 8:33:33 PM
Mz. Miki

That has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in a very long time.

the things one learns on here....
If you're overweight......your a desperate slut that will sleep with anything
If you're over 40...your a desperate woman trying to regain her youth
If you share your knowledge....your a sad pathetic lonely person trying to get some attention here
Now....if u smoke.....your a slut

I wish someone would have told me a long time ago that I'm a desperate slut trying to regain my youth by sleeping with every man I meet and and than bragging about it here to gain attention

Wish someone had told me that one ages ago.. I happen to agree with you Mz.
*as I light one up*..
Over 40 and sometimes I try to share my knowledge about a subject I may know something
about.. and I smoke to boot.. hmmmm
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 298
Posted: 12/3/2008 8:34:33 PM
I wented to look at the demographics of the site and broke it out by marital status/smoking. Some pretty huge differences here.

38% of single women smoke with an average age of 30
48% of married women on the site smoke with an average age of 34
58% of women who selected "living together" smoke with an average age of 28
34% of divorced women on the site smoke with an average age of 45
44% of seperated women on the site smoke with an average age of 40

In the general population in the US only 24% of adults are smokers.

Looks like women who smoke are more likely to cheat, and the real shocker is "living together". Not sure if women assume that means boyfriend girlfriend or just room mates.

If 24% of the US population are smokers, and let's just guess that say....ummmmm....17% of that 24% are women, then that would mean that there are 234,987 women from the US here on POF, that there are 34,698 of those that smoke, that there are 12,987 of those who are living with someone, and that 58% of those gals are complete sluts looking for intimate encounters. I'm a stat magician in a matter of 30 seconds in this thread. Good grief!! What do those quoted stats tell me? You can make numbers say anything you'd like them to say if you skew your data the way you want the end result to appear (just like I just did ~ and I don't believe anyone here on POF is a slut, who sleeps with whom is their own damn business, I was just making a point!!!) JMO
 tjliddell
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2008 8:35:10 PM
sorry its
MsMicki and then the quotes.. my apologies
 lyingcheat
Msg: 300
Posted: 12/3/2008 11:52:34 PM

There was a Playboy cartoon years ago which showed a group of people at a party, all dressed up in tuxes and gowns, holding champagne glasses.
One of the women was on her knees orally servicing one of the male guests, while the others looked on with eyes wide and questioning.

The guy being serviced said, "Oh, don't mind her. She's just trying to quit smoking."

Whooaaa! I think I just decided to become a "Quit Now!" personal trainer and coach... (expletivedeleted goes outside to hang up new sign)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.