Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 idahosun
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.Page 13 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
OMG, the things people dream up to write about on here - and I do mean dream up. When I was a smoker I was not promiscuous and now that I've stopped...well, hmmmm, maybe I should start again and become a legend of promiscuity in my own mind - good grief people, get real
 MsMicki
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.
Posted: 12/4/2008 6:15:42 PM
it's all good TJ.....you'll get the hang of it
shall we light up and discuss our promiscuous ways?!!
 deadmonton70
Msg: 303
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:30:25 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha-funny (no really I laughed)
 N10SE
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2008 7:37:29 PM
Just for your info... I personally know of 3 people, men.. on this site that have "no" listed where smoking goes that smoke like freight trains, I've met them up close and personal! They are very delighted to find that I smoke, even though it's listed that I do.

So I wonder, how accurate are your stats????? Actually I don't think they would be very accurate on any count. The ones looking for long term are actually turning out to be wanting to just date.. some that have listed themselves as divorced and separated are actually married and living with their spouses and looking for an affair.. and these too are the same ones that list themselves as non smokers!
 smoranean
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2008 12:12:24 AM

So not true, but I about lost my head laughing...

Women who drive imported cars are far more promiscuous!

smoranean
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2008 12:24:25 AM

im a non smoker and think its a load of old rubbish smoking and promiscuity are totali unrelated, wot bout male smokers lol

Who is it you imagine that those wonderfully kind women are being promiscuous with?

burnfaith
Msg: 307
Posted: 12/8/2008 1:32:36 AM
I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. Survey's have personally never been enough evidence for me, due to the whole selection process and personal bias that gets put into them - but anyways...

There is definitely a stigma associated with anyone who smokes but more specifically with females. We're more promiscuous, less family-oriented - I won't delve into the entire schpeel.

As a smoker I personally don't agree with the stats but that may just be my bias. I'm just not sure if you can associate specific personality features with people who smoke vs. non-smokers. Can we do personality features specific to Starbucks customers vs. Tim Hortons customers? What about people who enjoy alcohol compared to those who abstain - different personality traits and goals, or is it simply based on personal preference regardless of the habit?

Just my 2 cents.

- A
 Bluesman2008
Msg: 308
Posted: 12/8/2008 1:49:47 AM

God I hope so.
 smoranean
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2008 3:01:14 AM
Post #1, Christmas Day last year:

I went to look at the demographics of the site and broke it out by marital status/smoking. Some pretty huge differences here.

38% of single women smoke with an average age of 30
48% of married women on the site smoke with an average age of 34
58% of women who selected "living together" smoke with an average age of 28
34% of divorced women on the site smoke with an average age of 45
44% of seperated women on the site smoke with an average age of 40

In the general population in the US only 24% of adults are smokers.

I've been having a dig at this from an anti-nazi pov all week, but on reading the previous post, I finally made the effort to go back to genesis and there certainly would seem to be some correlation between tobacco and infidelity based on those figures. My erroneous assumption was that the stats referred to single women who have more fun only and excluded adultery but it seems the definition of promiscuity now comes in a new flavour of Virginia Menthol Filter.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 310
Posted: 12/8/2008 4:53:20 AM
I've never smoked so will probably only go out with non-smokers like me. If smokers are really that promiscuous, guess I'll never find out...lol.

Mo
 compleat_man
Msg: 311
Posted: 12/8/2008 7:01:24 AM
The latest research out of my "labs" indicates that-wait for it-"

Women who have sex with multiple different partners are far more promiscuous!
 surely im shirley
Msg: 312
Posted: 12/10/2008 8:19:22 AM
I did not read the entire thread but....here is my take based on my own past.

As a shy and insecure girl, I started smoking at a young age because I thought it was cool and would make me appear more confident. Same for marijuana. Same for drinking. Same for sex. All of those choices were about acceptance from the people I thought I needed acceptance from.

I would agree that women who began smoking at a younger age may have been more promiscuous at that younger age, but as time goes by we grow up, and although some may still smoke, they may make their choices differently and will not necessarily be more promiscuous than non-smokers.

I amazed at the length of this thread from such a simple OP.
 Ur Xoxo
Msg: 313
Posted: 12/19/2008 3:34:29 PM
This from a grade school student...
http://www.theburningbiscuit.com/HowGullibleAreWe.html

This shows how we can bring information to just about any conclusion, if we so choose.

Even water can be made afraid of if it is called something else and shown to be dangerous.

So if a child can be dishing misinformation, to prove that we are sheep followers, how does that make you feel? And when are we going to stop following and think for ourselves? Hopefully before the leader jumps of the cliff.

Bablynbrook
Msg: 314
Posted: 12/19/2008 3:43:31 PM

where in Msg 1026 did the poster generalize? she was speaking of her own experiences and drawing a not-so-unimaginable conclusion. people do lots of things when they're younger that they won't when they've gained some age and experience.

SweetSmartNSassy2, I think she was replying to the OP. :)
 lynaudio
Msg: 315
Posted: 12/27/2008 6:50:26 PM
Well my first thought was “what does promiscuity have to do with cheating” so I went here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promiscuous
Well I am sure that we can draw some similarities between them, but they are hardly synonyms.
So ladies rest assured that we may be labeled sluts for smoking, but that doesn’t mean we are cheaters…lol
The silly thing about this thread is that it seems to imply that people are truthful when they fill in their profile. Truthful about marital status and truthful about whether or not they smoke. And those are the only pieces of information we are using to form this opinion.
Here’s something that I watched happen. My good friends, after 17 years of marriage, have gone through a separation and divorce over the past 2 yrs. Both of them smoked in college, but quit after they married and started a family. Within a week of their separation they both started smoking again. So we can assume that they …what….started smoking again because they were horny? ..lol..maybe it was a need for something to do, an escape for five minutes from the pressures of the lifestyle change, whatever… so do you think that now in their newfound single existence that they may go through a couple of sexual partners before they find a committed relationship again? Are they maybe a little more likely to be promiscuous?
I am a smoker and I state that in my profile. I am addicted to nicotine and was born that way as my mother and father both smoked, and my mother smoked while she was pregnant. If the government was serious about reducing the health cost associated with smoking, they would ban adding nicotine to tobacco, but that is not the focus of this thread.
Now I will not complain if someone chooses not to date me because I smoke. I am sure that ashtray mouth is not a pleasant thing for a non-smoker. And though I am very healthy as I try not to eat processed foods, and go organic as much as I can. I eat healthy and lead an active life. I don’t get sick, I take no medication etc etc. I still understand that some people may see me as susceptible to sickness, and avoid dating me for that reason. Very understandable. I won’t date someone who drinks a lot of soda pop or eats an unhealthy diet, for the same reason.

But now, because someone has wasted his time drawing conclusions from unsubstantiated information, and gone on to mislead people to believe that promiscuity and infidelity are synonyms, a whole new group of people will not read my profile. Thanks for that.. lol ..

No worries, I am not looking for someone who is that easily mislead.
Smiles
 lolLori
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 5:11:15 AM
Im an x smoker and I was very proud of this man with his partner non smokers I was by an ash tray far from the entrance of a restuarant the only allowable place to smoke she practically grunted her disgust (like an idiot) and to my surprise her boyfriend elbowed her. lol , I not only quit smoking I made conditions that I was always going to respect all smokers and nonsmokers equally. I wasnt rude to non smokers when I smoked so Im not going to be rude to just the same. As for being Anal, hurried, and not capable of shoot bull. I find its the opposite I dont have to get that next drag and in less of a hurry to get any where I dont have to fidget with my bag get out cigarettes find lighters, empty ashtrays I can do whatever I want. so many conversations no distractions. Ive manage to stay away of people that are a frag and want to ruin things for others I like the smell of smoke so why should I pretend it stinks I dont smoke. When i smoked did I sleep around more cant think of when i didnt want too sleep around more, promiscuiosly or not and I dont mean cheating(not cheating)
 lyingcheat
Msg: 317
Posted: 1/11/2009 7:40:30 AM

This has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I have read in a long time, I ain't buying this bag of nonsense. That's nothing but bull*hit...

Genetics is an evolving science.
Maybe you didn't get the smoking gene, but inherited some other characteristics from your parents?
Were they fond of sweeping generalizations perhaps? Or prone to use abuse, rather than rational argument?
 MsMicki
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2009 8:13:05 PM
Oh Gawd......someone please kill this idiotic thread
 ichi-bon
Msg: 319
Posted: 3/19/2009 8:37:51 PM
WHAT A STUPID THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

I smoke and I am not, nor EVER have been promiscuous!!!
I agree smoking is a stupid thing..but we all have something. I have been on the forums long enough to know that the majority of those that ARE promiscuous, men and women, claim a " healthy lifestyle because they eat health food, exercise, etc.
STD's are rampant in today's society...casual sex ( don't understand it..and hope I never do)........drugs, alcohol addictions, etc. Even with safe sex...there is always a risk..........not counting the moral repercussions.....my opinion only

I completely understand the dangers of smoking.........but hey, I never wrecked a car or injured someone for "driving while smoking" .

I am very respectful of anyone that does not smoke.....I don't smoke in my home...on a date, any date........I don't go with the smell of smoke on my hair, my clothes, and definitely not on my breath.
If I spend the day with non-smokers....I leave my cigarettes at home.

I think OP needs a hobby...........what a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!
 ohio07
Msg: 320
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:56:10 AM
This reminds me of that old joke about the ultimate "gateway drug" (drumroll please...) Milk.

Think about it. We all got started on Milk and now we smoke, drink and have sex... It's the Milk I tell ya. It's the universal variable...
 lynaudio
Msg: 321
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:02:09 PM
Ahh hahahaha. All horny non smoking women hit the edit profile button and change status to Smoker, in hopes of attracting a man who wants a promiscuous woman….hahahah I just did….. Hahaha,
Ok so honesty is the best policy. I smoke, but I plan to quit, just as soon as I can find a man who makes me want to increase my lung capacity and improve my stamina…. Promise!!!
 MsMicki
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 8:03:29 PM

Think about it. We all got started on Milk and now we smoke, drink and have sex... It's the Milk I tell ya. It's the universal variable...

It's those damn Milk ads.......everytime I see one of those I get a huge desire
to give head!!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 323
Posted: 3/26/2009 8:54:17 PM
LEvans77,

No, you have it wrong... you have to compare his %s to 24%. Anything > 24% would mean a profile in which it says they smoke is more likely to be in those categories than a non-smoker.

Non-smokers are supposed to be more populated -- by 76%... not by 62% or 52% or 66% or 42%.

Now, the stats doesn't mean if you smoke YOU are more likely to be promiscuous... it just means categorically speaking. You are a statistic... without knowing you otherwise, the CHANCES of a random person selected (or emailed) who smokes has a higher chance of being "promiscuous", based on such folks falling into categories that imply that.

Don't take it personally! If they said "guys from Michigan are fatter than guys from all other states", it wouldn't mean I'm fat.
 Naturalust
Msg: 324
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:54:03 PM
Just to tell you how bad smoking is for you and others!
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:04:20 AM
This is a stupid, polarizing thread. I don't think you can draw the conclusion the OP arrived at from looking at users on this site.

However, most of the people posting are clearly ignorant of statistics. Sure they may not be promiscuous because they smoke, but if 60 out of 1000 women who smoke are promiscuous compared to only 50 out of 1000 non-smoking women, then women who smoke can statistically be said to be more likely to be promiscuous! DUH!

Okay, so you probably can't reach that conclusion from users on this site, but there is scientific evidence from MRI and brain chemistry studies that does support this and explain a mechanism as to why it may be so - for some women, anyway. But not you, of course!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.