Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ForeverLong
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.Page 2 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
da leafs, So, you are saying that 30% is a small percentage??? Also, do most you people think that the bigfish, who created this site and runs this site doesn't know what he is talking about? Some of your arguments are just silly and don't make any sense.
 DemonLeather
Msg: 27
Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.
Posted: 12/25/2007 10:30:03 AM
I like Girls that smoke for one reason... They don't give me crap when I do..
Girls who DON'T smoke..
"Eww that stinks,.. put that thing out!"
"Your breath smells like an ashtray"..
"Your clothes smell like cigarettes!"...
"If you HAVE to do that nasty thing,.. GO outside!" (usually raing, cold, or a hurricane in process)

So,. comon all you nicotine junky women! Let's swap some "nicospit"!
 markus
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 10:48:29 AM
Nothing like a little controversy to get people riled up. All this data is statistics you can't predict a single persons behavior but you can predict what a 100 people on average will do.

Whats most interesting is that 24% of adults smoke yet 40% of online daters are smokers. That is 2x the norm.

http://www.mendelcenter.org/HPV%20Info%20and%20Results.htm

Smoking (59% of smokers were HPV positive, 19% of non-smokers were HPV positive)

This harvard study is interesting. 44% of all cigerates sold in the US are consumed by the mentally ill representing 4 to 8% of the population.

http://www.schizophrenia.com/smoke/SteveSchroeder.pdf
 markus
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 10:54:44 AM

Which means the women who smoke are 70% more likely NOT to be looking for intimate encounters or message such users!!!
Why get your panties up over such a small percentage?? It all depends on how you look at it!!

No you are reading it all wrong, here is a better wording.

For example 20% of women who don't smoke will make contact with someone who has intimate encounter selected.

Women who smoke will contact someone with intimate encounter selected 26% of the time.
 Chrysostom
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/25/2007 10:58:17 AM
Markus, I'm not going to name names of individual users, but wouldn't POF be a nicer place if you required passing an IQ test or something similar to join? I recall in a weekly reading for "The Social and Philosophical Foundations of Education" in school that 96% of Americans can't solve a basic square area word problem with length and width given: I wouldn't even hope to try and explain fractions and percentages.
The attack on your data, (immune to the fact that you more than anyone else can read and sort them) and statistics in general is thinly veiled defense of ignorance, and at the same time a self-indictment.

The HPV - smoking connection is interesting, but you might want to note that it covered Cypriots, not Americans.
 otlich54
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/25/2007 11:29:09 AM
From the early days of movies to the late 60s, you could always tell the loose or evil woman - she was the one who smoked. It was also true (mostly) that the evil or dishonest man was the one with the cigar. You remember those days - the fine days of Hollywood when Ricardo Montelban was cast as a Native American and all spacecraft were shaped like Frisbees. Better get some newer movies!
 DOMC83
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/25/2007 11:32:32 AM
Well I dont know if that statement is true or not, however I do see a lot of females that smoke in clubs and bars go home with random guys. Back in my house party days before I was 21, nearly every girl there smoked, and i'm not saying that going to a house party makes a girl easy, but it sure wasn't difficult either! As for the girls that dont smoke.. Send me a message!
 simpull
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/25/2007 11:51:50 AM
Funny "role call on Christmas morning" thread! Interesting statistics. Also fascinating to read how many fishies feel compelled to dispute them with their personal biographical info (eg. I smoke, I'm not promiscuous, therefore the statistics aren't accurate or interpreted properly). Some fishies doth protest too much, methinks.

But mainly, I'm sad my smoking friends feel attacked (the OP wasn't, imho) or needing to be defensive. This habit is a tender wound in the lives of many friends because of the negative public sentiment so freely expressed...one of our last "safe" prejudices; and for many - because they've tried to quit and failed. (That's just my observation, I'm NOT trying to discredit anyone who smokes for any reason).

Smoke 'em if you brung 'em. Your impulses are yours, and those you control or indulge, are your choice. Now I'm going to ponder whether Christmas is the least promiscuous day of the year (with some banana cream pie and rum nog in my coffee).
 whisper67520
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 12:45:03 PM
You got to be kidding.

I smoke and that sure doesnt make me promiscuous. I do know a lot of non smoking single women who have let themselves go, have no interest in a relationship and wouldn't be caught on a dating site. Maybe smokers are just more adventurous.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 1:14:16 PM
I actually saw a statistic like this, a while ago. A survey found that about 60-70% of women who smoked reported that they had at least 4 partners in the last 6 months, while around 60-70% of women who were non-smokers reported they had 1 or 0 partners in the same time period.

However, given that there are 15 million people in Canada, 60 million people in the UK, 300 million people in the USA, every woman on POF could be promiscuous non-smoking women or smoking virgin woman, and there would still be more than enough people within the categories of the statistic for it to still be valid. But if there were about 3 million smoking women who were all virgins in Canada, that would break the statistic for sure. Can anyone find 3 million women in Canada who smoke and are virgins?

But heck, I'm a smoker. I'd like to date a smoker at least once. Every woman I've gone out with didn't smoke.
 stepuporoff
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/25/2007 1:16:01 PM
they just like things in their mouths
 eye4light
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/25/2007 3:10:42 PM

Consider this -

It’s probably a safe bet that among drivers who are involved in fatal accidents, the overwhelming majority of them have drivers’ licenses. Should I therefore be worried that legally licensed drivers are more likely to kill me? Should we start a movement to ban licensed drivers from our public roadways?

Instead of saying that smoking women (and I’m not talking about “hot babes” or women who only smoke when they burst into flames) "are far more promiscuous", perhaps one should explore the possibility that women who are less conservative in risk-aversion are more likely to take a chance on being more promiscuous or to smoke (spontaneous combustion events not included).

To me, the latter seems more plausible.

Duckman_2
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/25/2007 3:31:57 PM
Damn...

I have been buying them dinners and drinks, sweet little gifts, and being a perfect gentleman...

All I really had to do was let them know there was a carton of smokes at home and they were mine...
 ren890
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 3:49:50 PM
Well that's just stupid. I was a smoker. Didn't have anything to do with sex. It was an addiction to nicotine.
 Ur Xoxo
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/25/2007 4:21:25 PM

...investigators estimate that 90 percent of socially monogamous species exhibit individual promiscuity in the form of extra-pair copulations.

Whats most interesting is that 24% of adults smoke yet 40% of online daters are smokers.

So, according to these statements, if presumed correct, we can deduce that there is a four to six ratio of smokers to non-smokers and even if we presume that a hundred percent of smokers are promiscuous that would leave fifty percent of promiscuous activity by non-smokers. Thus translating to eighty-three percent of 'perfect' non-smokers behaving like the true animals that they are.

Reversing the premise, let us presume that 100% of non-smokers are 'easy'. This would leave 30% of 'smoking' sex by the smokers. Translating to 75% of smokers overcoming their depressive emotional states long enough to copulate with an extra partner.

Less than one in ten is the difference between both extreme forms of extrapolations.
Negligible information to base any compelling argument.

Leaves the room to return to grade 5,
Because I still need to learn from the sexy pencil smoking teacher.

Go Fish.
 skeeter31
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/25/2007 4:32:14 PM
What an idiot! Admn I would think you would have something better to do on Christmas. Get a life!
 JJERSEYJOEL
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/25/2007 5:32:01 PM
my buddy and i 10 yrs ago did an informal study and figured out that women that smoke are 100% interested in GIVING oral sex. are their any stats in your study about the connection between smoking and O. sex? if you will to put a burning fire stick in your mouth then why not other things?
 JJERSEYJOEL
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/25/2007 5:40:15 PM
not at all .that is why we switched NOW looking for girls that smoke.. do you smoke?
 Ron9
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/25/2007 7:19:20 PM
No wonder I never get ......... umm any ..... you know ......... any .... stuff.

I only smoked 4 cigarettes today. I'll never attract any of them > promiscuous womenz at that rate.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 7:50:54 PM

I smoke because I don't drink, don't swear, and don't have sex!!! I NEED SOME VICE just so I won't BORE myself to death!!!!

Banter-er
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 8:37:30 PM
Admin

For example 20% of women who don't smoke will make contact with someone who has intimate encounter selected.

Women who smoke will contact someone with intimate encounter selected 26% of the time.

I'm not convinced that a 6% difference is a compelling stat...
 RandomRob
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/25/2007 9:10:38 PM
Pretty embarassing thread to be started by an admin, imo.
Breaking down stats that people are forced to give general answers about isn't exactly science.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.