Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.Page 31 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
Oh Gawd......someone please kill this idiotic thread
 ichi-bon
Msg: 319
Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.
Posted: 3/19/2009 8:37:51 PM
WHAT A STUPID THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

I smoke and I am not, nor EVER have been promiscuous!!!
I agree smoking is a stupid thing..but we all have something. I have been on the forums long enough to know that the majority of those that ARE promiscuous, men and women, claim a " healthy lifestyle because they eat health food, exercise, etc.
STD's are rampant in today's society...casual sex ( don't understand it..and hope I never do)........drugs, alcohol addictions, etc. Even with safe sex...there is always a risk..........not counting the moral repercussions.....my opinion only

I completely understand the dangers of smoking.........but hey, I never wrecked a car or injured someone for "driving while smoking" .

I am very respectful of anyone that does not smoke.....I don't smoke in my home...on a date, any date........I don't go with the smell of smoke on my hair, my clothes, and definitely not on my breath.
If I spend the day with non-smokers....I leave my cigarettes at home.

I think OP needs a hobby...........what a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!
 ohio07
Msg: 320
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:56:10 AM
This reminds me of that old joke about the ultimate "gateway drug" (drumroll please...) Milk.

Think about it. We all got started on Milk and now we smoke, drink and have sex... It's the Milk I tell ya. It's the universal variable...
 lynaudio
Msg: 321
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:02:09 PM
Ahh hahahaha. All horny non smoking women hit the edit profile button and change status to Smoker, in hopes of attracting a man who wants a promiscuous woman….hahahah I just did….. Hahaha,
Ok so honesty is the best policy. I smoke, but I plan to quit, just as soon as I can find a man who makes me want to increase my lung capacity and improve my stamina…. Promise!!!
 MsMicki
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 8:03:29 PM

Think about it. We all got started on Milk and now we smoke, drink and have sex... It's the Milk I tell ya. It's the universal variable...

It's those damn Milk ads.......everytime I see one of those I get a huge desire
to give head!!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 323
Posted: 3/26/2009 8:54:17 PM
LEvans77,

No, you have it wrong... you have to compare his %s to 24%. Anything > 24% would mean a profile in which it says they smoke is more likely to be in those categories than a non-smoker.

Non-smokers are supposed to be more populated -- by 76%... not by 62% or 52% or 66% or 42%.

Now, the stats doesn't mean if you smoke YOU are more likely to be promiscuous... it just means categorically speaking. You are a statistic... without knowing you otherwise, the CHANCES of a random person selected (or emailed) who smokes has a higher chance of being "promiscuous", based on such folks falling into categories that imply that.

Don't take it personally! If they said "guys from Michigan are fatter than guys from all other states", it wouldn't mean I'm fat.
 Naturalust
Msg: 324
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:54:03 PM
Just to tell you how bad smoking is for you and others!
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:04:20 AM
This is a stupid, polarizing thread. I don't think you can draw the conclusion the OP arrived at from looking at users on this site.

However, most of the people posting are clearly ignorant of statistics. Sure they may not be promiscuous because they smoke, but if 60 out of 1000 women who smoke are promiscuous compared to only 50 out of 1000 non-smoking women, then women who smoke can statistically be said to be more likely to be promiscuous! DUH!

Okay, so you probably can't reach that conclusion from users on this site, but there is scientific evidence from MRI and brain chemistry studies that does support this and explain a mechanism as to why it may be so - for some women, anyway. But not you, of course!
 db281981
Msg: 326
Posted: 3/27/2009 11:00:40 AM
Is this a coindence taken for a correlation??? I don't get it.....maybe if I read all 43 pages I wouldn't be confused, but I don't wanna so I'm baffled.........how does one relate to the other? How does smoking make you more or less likely to be promiscuous? And as 123Carrie pointed out how does fitting into any of the OP's categories indicate promiscuousness??? How do you go about getting this information anyway? Do you have to conduct a survey asking women first if they smoke and then if they are promiscuous? If so, what is the percentage of people who got slapped for asking that question? lol And if this is a well known fact why have I never heard about this before today?? I must live under a rock or something!

If anyone could explain this to me I'd be very grateful, fanscinating!
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 327
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:02:38 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with that its that the numbers are there,there is a difference.

For instance I read a book on playing the lottery ,a book of increasing your chances in a totally random chance game, and we all know how random of choice that is when its numbered ping pong balls that get sucked into there spots.But the catch is when they add up all the winners of all the games,certain numbers come up far more often than others even though its completely random,for instance number 1 might have come up say 200 times where as number 33 might have come up 450 times,their point was that you should play or rather pick numbers that seem to pop up more than others.In this case 33 has shown its ping pong face 2 1/2 more times than a number 1. Its called wheeling numbers.

I think this is almost the same,this smoking thing,the numbers are actually there but it doesn't necessarily mean that smoking creates promiscuity , I do believe the numbers are as the OP says. The numbers exist but the meaning may be misinterpreted,one now would have to recheck those numbers every 6 months to see if they continue to hold true,maybe you'd find the promiscuous ones not only smoked but took certain vitamins or some of item common to the others,besides it was only leaning to the side of promiscuous that means the others are not like that,actually the ones screaming foul on here are the opposites of the numbers that were found.

Averages are strange animals too ,take one bucket of boiling water mixed with one bucket of freezing water when averaged made a very comfortable bucket of water,but I dare you to place one foot in one and the other foot in the other bucket,because I assure you one would freeze and the other would scold so there is nothing comfortable about it.The numbers are there for an average but it doesn't mean what we think.

Average 100 A students and then 100 F students in a 2oo person school and it shows the school produces children with a C average,very misleading,since in reality the school is a disgrace because half the students got an F.

The numbers never lie,but that doesn't make the conclusion always true. Bet other things lived up to those smoker numbers such as hair color,one color would have had to dominate,and maybe yogurt eaters,the numbers would have showed more promiscuous people ate yogurt or less did,doesn't mean yogurt had anything to do with it.
 kpooks
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:17:46 PM
Women (and men) who smoke tend to be more hyper, more ADD and thus more easily bored and prone to cheating. They can't relax!!!

I've talked to quite a few people who smoke, and they claim it relaxes them, which is absurd, because nicotene is a stimulant, but I guess the tar in their lungs makes it more difficult to breathe, so this forces them to calm down.
 db281981
Msg: 329
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:30:14 PM
[qoute] Women (and men) who smoke tend to be more hyper, more ADD and thus more easily bored and prone to cheating. They can't relax!!! [/qoute]

Why????? What is the correlation between boredom and cheating???? Even if a smoker was more easily bored how would that link to being more prone to cheating? Do people go out and cheat when bored???
 ohthereugo
Msg: 330
Posted: 3/27/2009 2:01:58 PM
The word promiscuous is intended to describe a person who lacks certain standards in selecting sexual partners. So those that smoke lack standards .

But this definition can be kind of confusing.

It implies that sexual activity is something negative and excessive. Sex becomes no good and 2 much if u smoke

Some people think that being sexually active with many partners makes someone promiscuous, others think that unmarried people who have any kind of sex play with a partner are promiscuous. And the buggers smoke as well

Other people feel the word should not be used at all because it is a value judgment of someone's personal business. Smoking is a good thing lol

There isn't one answer about what promiscuity is. Most often when the word is used, it doesn't really help us understand what is being talked about.So whats smoking got to do with you havin a bonk anytime anyplace with who ever whatever

ITS all to hard for my pea brain to work out .

Everybody just have a smoke spread the word and get busy
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 331
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:22:44 PM
My upper thread explained my view,but it still interests me that some of you take the 30% part as if he said 100%,so many of you maybe should read the original thread topic since if his numbers say 30% are more likely then obviously 70% are not,guess the ones that are very upset with this thread are part of the majority,the 70% that are not promiscuous,certainly he did not need to spell out the 70% that was a given.Its just funny how upset some of you are because hes listing the results of the users here,as if the results were his fault.If your part of the 70% that are not promiscuous then don't take it personal ,he wasn't talking to you.3 out of 10 smokers being promiscuous isn't bad,bet a test of drinkers would show 3 out of 10 are jerks when drunk,bet the ones that are nice drunks would take it personal as if he called you a jerk.
 Ron9
Msg: 332
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:16:07 PM
Well ..... I have no idea but .......

I smoke and I am NOT promiscuous but ........

Just in case, it is different for females - I am writing down the names of the gals that say (admit it) they smoke.

Who knows - I might need that list in the event I get horny.

(yes I was a boy scout - they teach you to be prepared)
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 333
Posted: 3/28/2009 9:36:36 AM
Sandgirl50,
I don't think the Admin guy (OP) meant it means you're likely a cheater per se, but more "frisky" if you will... or more open minded to riskque things... which I would see that if you lumped one group (smokers) and another group (non-smokers), in -today's- day and age where smoking is bad-bad-bad, the smoker group would have a higher likelihood of being open to riskque things.

Doesn't mean those who smoke sleep around or anything. Same could probably be said for women who are 40+, single, never married, no kids, and have a job in sales. Doesn't mean they all sleep around, and they vary across the board just like anything else, but compared to women who are 40+ with kids and have a job that doesn't require as much boldness, confidence, and outgoingness, I think it would show they would be more "frisky".

And yes, same for men... I know people HATE statistical numbers like that, because they don't want to be stereotyped by people. But hey, if you're in a demographic that's more "frisky" or more "boring" or more "daredevilish", it doesn't mean you are at all -- just that there's a higher likelihood in your demographic. And on a site like this, it's a numbers game of marketing. And that's what marketing's all about -- demographics and how one vs another. Brings results statistically!
 chuckyB51
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2009 2:09:31 PM
I don't know about promiscuous...But unhealthy and weak minded...Yes!
 life_aquatic
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 6:29:12 AM
Interesting thread. I'd been curious about some other facets related to smoking, but hadn't thought about promiscuity. So I did a quick google search about this topic. The quickest thing I found in support of this thread:

"indicating an association of smoking with promiscuous sexual behavior in Mormon women."

From the American Journal of Public Health. http://www.popline.org/docs/0896/061326.html

If the admin is still following this post. Another interesting test would be to see the ratio of single, smoking, with kids vs. single, smoking, no kids.

I have nothing against peoples personal decision to smoke. But subjecting your kids to that environment is my concern.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 9:39:13 AM
I have no idea about promiscuity, but I do know that a woman who can still afford to smoke must be really rich, what with all the increases in taxes on tobacco.

I've never quite understood why they don't do the same thing with other "drugs": legalize them, and then try and tax them out of existence...
 life_aquatic
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 11:39:09 AM
Also from the Journal of Public Health

"A study of teenage women in 32 contraceptive clinics in the United States shows a strong negative relationship between age of first intercourse and the level of cigarette smoking. Preventive, timely contraceptive behavior is also negatively associated to smoking. "

And from

Family Planning Perspectives

"After adjustment for demographic factors, both sexual activity and a history of multiple partners were positively associated with some measure of substance use. Respondents who drank more frequently, those who were heavy drinkers, those who smoked cigarettes and those who used marijuana in the past year were more likely than others to be sexually active."

I think the admin should become a health scientist. He's onto something!
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 12:10:37 PM
^^^ On the other hand, you're also a lot more accessible now that you're "putting yourself out there" rather than being in hiding in your cubicle.

Who else can you mingle so easily with when you're just walking down the sidewalk than someone standing outside taking a smoke break and killing a little time?
 njfreebird
Msg: 339
Posted: 4/15/2009 12:58:38 PM
I Agree with you completely Nemocat
 ichi-bon
Msg: 340
Posted: 4/15/2009 1:49:36 PM

Seems to me if Men or Women smoke in this day & age of education about it, they don't think much of their health in general. So it would make sense the stats of being promiscuous as well....It's just disregard for caution altogether

Again, I smoke..and I am not nor evr have been "easy".but I read your profile and see you drink///////////???????????/Hmmmmmmm
When is the last time a smoker driving a car killed someone..when is the last time a person got pulled over for driving while smoking.
It is all relative. ..as to how you look at it.
My little brother didn't smoke.served in the Army......died from Agent Orange.
My aunt never smoke or drank a day in her life.......died of breast and lung cancer at fifty.
My mother quit smoking 35 years before she died.........of lung cancer.
My dad smoked and drank like a fish, ate eggs, bacon, every other thing wrong for you...died at 74...Stroke.
My great grandmother lived until 98...smoked , drank rot gut and even though she was a very little woman.......drank moonshine and then JACK.
We all play the hand that is dealt us. Some risks are greater than others.............but the pot calling the kettle black is offensive!!
 867love
Msg: 341
Posted: 4/16/2009 2:34:44 AM
and i bet the women who drink have some intriging stories to tell -far better than the smokers

HarDayKnight
Msg: 342
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:13:02 AM
Cigarettes don't make you more promiscuous, but I don't know many people who didn't start smoking to be cool, look sexy, or to fit in with a certain crowd. I think the OP is right, in that the TYPE of person who smokes is also more likely to be promiscuous... Or at least more casual with sex.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women who smoke are far more promiscuous.