Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > girls tell me im cute and funny but wont date me!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 coreydude
Msg: 1
girls tell me im cute and funny but wont date me!Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
hey guys my name is corey and for the past few years iv noticed something weird. every time i seem to go for a girl i always get shut down... its weird cause i get along with women very well.. they always tell me how cute,funny and how much of a nice guy i am. so i say to myself thats a good thing cause girls are always lookin for good men to date.. WRONG! its like every where i go as soon as some bad-*ss looking dude walks into the its like i no longer matter... why is it that woman are allways looking for a good guy but when some bad-*ss walks in the room they change their mind?
(dont worry ladies im not attacking you with this message)

i can think of a million woman that have told me im cute or handsome and funny and i dont think iv accually dated any of them.

so please help me out here..... to woman is cute just a nice way of sayin that im ugly????????? cause lately when a girl says that im cute, i dont have a smile on my face no more. when i hear cute or nice guy, iv lost all hope.

thanks people
corey
 naeco
Msg: 2
girls tell me im cute and funny but wont date me!
Posted: 12/26/2007 5:05:49 PM
Maybe you're TOO funny. In my experience, women like to laugh and be in a good mood, but they don't want to be laughing all the time.
 Deceased~
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/26/2007 5:18:11 PM
I hate to be the bearer of reality, dude and I am not dissing you for it but the problem is evident in the pictures you have shown us of yourself. A few years ago you were a fit looking dude and now you are a chubby fellow. There is nothing wrong with that but it will have an effect on which girls are attracted to you. The women who are attracted to you now might refuse to date you if you lost a lot of weight and looked too bony. It is just a simple change in your appearance most likely.
 coreydude
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/26/2007 5:18:23 PM
thanks.... i hope so..... ill keep trying haha.
 coreydude
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/26/2007 5:23:22 PM
haha chubby? i am 150lbs lol..... thats not chubby.... plus i can see my abbs to. i dont think a chubby person could lol...
thanks tho.. i will watch my health.
 coreydude
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/26/2007 5:49:40 PM
thanks shot.down

i would say you make a really good point... maybe i come off as too much of a joker sometimes.
 coreydude
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/26/2007 6:30:20 PM
hey thanks bro............ you know what im talkin about
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 10:58:28 PM
Yah, you look like you are cute and funny. Maybe you're not asking them out aggressively enough. Are you waiting for them to ask you? Or are you asking, and doing romantic gestures? Sometimes it's not the badness of the "bad boy" as it is their confidence and forwardness. Women like to be swept off their feet.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 2:29:49 PM
With all due respect to your validation crew Deceased makes a point. You're 5'6" tall and weigh 150 pounds. I can't see you abs, so maybe you should post another pic. Attacking Deceased because of his age doesn't refute a logical observation. Be honest with yourself: Are you really "athletic" as you profess? Remeber, it has nothing to do with playing sports, it has to do with your actual appearnace.

Wolfie is right about height, even though I'm average I get shot down for it. Illogical, but reality.

Another observation is your job. As much as you like it do you think some women find it less than attractive? Just making an observation like deceased, so if someone wants to dispute it because of my age, fine. Doesn't change the factual reality.

You seem like a really nice guy? Could your "dudeness" simply be waring thin as the years pile up not only on you but the women you pursue?.

I hope you take the comments here constructively and remember validation of arguable delusion is still detached from reality. Great luck to you man.
 duckling
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/28/2007 7:23:43 AM
A lot of thes responses from other men seem like self-pity. I'm 5'4" and hardly a pretty-boy. I'm with the previous posters that stated that most of it is self-confidence and having a well-rounded personality. It's important to balance a great sense of humour with compassion and the ability to be serious at the appropriate time. We all tend to get trapped into the "women love bad boys" mentality, but in my experience it's sponaneity and mystery that women are attracted to, not truly being bad. My case in point is that I have always ridden with some true 'color-wearing' bad-asses. There are some extremely hot, successfull and intelligent women that are into them, but at half their height, and 10% their badness, I've always done as well or better with the women even in that crowd. The old adage that "there's someone for everyone" is true, but I believe that being confident in who you are and the ability to nurture all aspects of your personality has wider appeal than a tattoo, a bike or a dew-rag will ever provide.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/28/2007 8:53:42 AM
The Keebler Elves are cute, funny, and nice, but I wouldn't date one.

Methinks you are dating the wrong women, though . . . try a cute, funny, and nice girl.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/28/2007 9:39:57 AM
Girls might not know what they want, but women do.

And it not limited to a man who is tall and who has a full head of hair.

Men need to stop blaming their cuteness, their niceness, and their good sense of humor as to why they cannot attract or keep a woman. Women need to stop blaming their big asses, their willingness or unwillingness to have sex with a man on a first date, and their plain looks on why they can't attract or keep a man.

I see cute and nice men with women all the time; I see fat and/or plain women with men all the time. I see short and/or bald men with women. Look around . . . the fact that so many people with your qualities can and do keep men/women should tell you something. Perhaps you aim out of your ballpark (and we all have ballparks, as cruel as that might sound), or perhaps, just perhaps, there is something in your personalities that is not attractive to women--despite your cute niceness.

Looks will always matter, but if they were the sole judgment, the human race would not be as prolific as it has been. If all the "nice" men are being turned down and they think it is because they are short or bald, they need to reassess and realize that women are letting them down easy. Perhaps brutal honesty would be better.

In addition to cute and nice, some women insist on men of intelligence, financial responsibility, and a plethora of other individual choices. One thing that most women--and men--cannot abide is a whiner.

Take responsibility for yourselves!
 Real Captain Obvious
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/28/2007 6:56:07 PM

Don't worry, once she gets around thirty and starts seeing wrinkles, puts on a "few extra pounds", and has a few illegitimate children from the various bad boys that had their fun with her, she will be more than happy to lower themselves to settling for a nice guy like you... as long as you can constantly provide her false reassurance that she is just as hot as she was 10 years ago, and provide her and her brood the life that she believes she is entitled to, she'll begrudgingly let you be her man, until something better comes along.

op, do not let this happen to you! read http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/483318927.html

don't be a door mat!
 DemonLeather
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/29/2007 10:39:43 AM
"they always tell me what a NICE guy I am...
Like in the Godfather,. this is the "kiss of death", my friend...(insert Godfather theme here) Women SAY they want "nice" guys,but will hop right over you for the "player-type" as they call him,.. then, get in the P.o.F. forums and say how terrible he was for using & abusing her, and all men are dogs, etc,. etc., blah, blah, blah blah.. Go figure.
Usually, when guys like you ask this trying to get an answer, you'll get the standard responses, Your profile is "sweet" but lacks excitement" or "obviously you aren't a nice guy because nobody dates you," or in your photo, you look like you might pick your nose in public, etc., etc,. They don't really want to answer you.They'll never admit it, but they'll step over a sedate & average-type fellow for "flash & bang" in a heartbeat. THAT'S why there are sooOOOOOOooo many "I've been played by the player postings" They hope and pray that "Flash & Bang" is truely a "nice guy" deep inside, and they can awaken that part, bring it to the surface, and life will be just as she's pictured it from the time she was a wee girl, and all the stories ended in "and they lived happily, ever after"...
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 11:36:45 AM
Corey, you are definitely a cutie ( and that is not meant in a bad way). Also, I agree with the other posters that you are not chubby. I think you said you were 22. Maybe you need to date someone maybe over 25. There is a big maturity factor between those ages. Good luck to you.
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2007 5:58:24 PM
durango, no, he is too young, just cute.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2007 11:22:37 AM
When I say "nice," I mean considerate, kind-hearted and generous of heart. Basically someone who thinks of others, not just himself.

What women want is a man with a strong sense of personal authority,
in addition to a fun, playful, naughty side. He has a strong,
calming presence, and takes the lead wherever they go.

I will agree that I want all that TOO! But if the above comes inside an ***hole (self-serving only) package, then it's not going to last.
 MONEMPERER
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/10/2008 11:59:20 AM
welcome to the friend zone.

You want a women to date you then hit on her from the get go dont be all friend like

Most women dont want to date thier friend.

Also stop the joking with them. a guy who jokes around alot is a buddy not some guy they want to have his****up in her and her riding away to save her life.

also cute is for babies and puppies = not some again they want to have sex with.
 sam514
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/10/2008 4:23:09 PM
talking about worse dating case i am male age 25 never had a gf or got laide , it just dosent work for me its like i am stuck in a room that dosent have a door .
 SCUDRUNN3R
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/9/2008 6:25:39 PM
"The weather today was a lovely balmy 200 degrees in southern Mars. Sand drifts are expected with 700 km/hr winds from the north. Red today and dark red tonight. Next weather at 10."

Fell off chair.

Oh- and yeah... I've been in relationships now for AGES and I can tell ya.. grass is greener on the other side mate.

700 km/hr winds haha fookin great stuff.
 oleandrummer
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/15/2008 9:56:46 PM
Ever heard of the phrase "Nice guys finish last"
Sorry to say but this is true in most cases. It is natural for a woman to be attracted to a man who is dominant. This also means men who are bada@@es and jerks.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > girls tell me im cute and funny but wont date me!