Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 20
view profile
History
honest and genuine?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Maybe its because thanks to the ludicrous expectations voiced on most female users' profiles we are in a bidding war for the best self-applied adjectives

Its slightly galling to see 'don't contact me unless you're fit, sexy, athletic, smart, honest, intelligent, wealthy and have no kids' (the best of us can usually only manage most of those..) on any profile. Since the people saying this are usually overweight, frumpy serial single mothers it becomes even more so.....
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 22
view profile
History
honest and genuine?
Posted: 12/27/2007 11:58:21 AM
I'm sure that was fascinating but i didn't understand it...

Bertieism?
 bootielicious
Msg: 25
view profile
History
honest and genuine?
Posted: 12/27/2007 12:32:39 PM
I recently had a message left for me that said something similar to, 'Hi, i'm honest, geniune and loyal, lets see if we can make a go of it (msn address) look forward to getting to know you'.

I can't help but think he should have put arrogant or presumptious on that list too. Why do people think passing over a few desirable points is going to give them the green light with no questions asked?

I will admit that I did not reply to this message, so maybe I sound to up myself, but I would rather he had mentioned a point of interest from my profile, or told me something about himself that was of interest, as his attributes he gave could have been placed on to anybody and meant nothing.
 restless_native
Msg: 30
view profile
History
honest and genuine?
Posted: 12/29/2007 3:50:40 AM

i know there are probably threads been done about this, but my question is..when did being honest and genuine become such a special and unique trait?

what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that some women will try and find a reason to find fault with anyone. They are constantly banging on about how they want someone who is honest and genuine, but if someone says they are they must have an ulterior motive.

This is a fine example of bird logic and it makes me wonder what the right thing to say would actually be.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 67
view profile
History
honest and genuine?
Posted: 8/29/2011 6:37:23 AM
Honest and Genuine? Sound's like they are advertiseing for and old reliable banger, never mind the miles on the clock or the state of the bodywork, as long as they are a good starter and and not many previous owners they are deemed a bargain! Any Morris Minors out there?
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 73
view profile
History
honest and genuine?
Posted: 8/29/2011 3:18:13 PM
gen·u·ine
adjective
possessing the claimed or attributed character, quality, or origin; not counterfeit; authentic; real: genuine sympathy; a genuine antique.
properly so called: a genuine case of smallpox.
free from pretense, affectation, or hypocrisy; sincere: a genuine person.
descended from the original stock; pure in breed: a genuine Celtic people.

I think the term could be construed into many interpretations according to context!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >