Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Verissa
Msg: 411
Do men feel anything when they have sex or are they emotionless?Page 19 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

So men dont fall in love when they have sex over a long period of time...?

I think its different for women... its harder not to get emotionally involved.

It is different if you want it to be different. I have had a few "friends" over the years that I adore and have had sex with but do not love romantically in the least. Yet my husband, whom I had no intention at first of falling in love with at first, I fell for fast and it hit me like a ton of bricks to the point that I cannot see my life without him. Now what makes him different from the other men I honestly do not know..he is no sweeter, no kinder, no better looking..he is just different in the fact that I fell head over heels in love with him.
 Slip_Kid
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Do men feel anything when they have sex or are they emotionless?
Posted: 4/14/2009 7:59:02 PM
My advice to you:

Cut him off and see if he gets emotional then!
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 422
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 9:59:06 PM
I do not differentiate sex/intercourse from love/emotional bonding. That apparently makes me an odd duck. From so many of the comments in this thread there seems to be a prevailing thought that women and fleshlights are equivalent. Ick.

I am not, never have been, never will be a sexual satyr (not necessarily redundant). I do not view sex as a mechanical function void of emotion. It is a bonding / joyful act between (and with this next phrase I'm realize I'm way out in right field) a married man and woman. To me sex is special and should be treated and affirmed as something almost sacred; not to be casually tossed around like a virgin condom. Yeah, I know, I'm an odd duck.

TK; quack, quack
 Romantic man here
Msg: 432
Posted: 7/2/2011 4:44:20 PM
There has to be romantic feelings for sex to be good for me. One can't generalize a gender men or women that broadly.
 gentleplus
Msg: 436
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2011 6:26:40 PM
Post #436

Well said.... an ideal lover practices Tantric like methods
 bayliner1102
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2011 9:59:07 PM
I will be honest, I don't have sex with a lady unless I feel something with her. I guess I am old fashion
 CharWebb
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2011 8:00:38 AM
It's all just physical for men. They can sleep with someone and feel absolutely NO EMOTIONAL attachment whatsoever. Women on the other hand...fall 'in love' far too quickly - assuming that the man is actually interested in them!
Having been on the receiving end of just such a relationship..I would advocate any woman to simply WAIT and test the emotional waters first. It's really nasty to think someone is emotionally mature enough to want more...and realize after you've been physical...that he simply is not there.

Oh...and ladies...just cuz you sleep with a guy...doesn't mean he won't suddenly have an EX pop back into the picture. Or keep looking for another woman. Or keep dating other women. Wake up....
 Pingshooter
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2011 8:51:38 AM

They can sleep with someone and feel absolutely NO EMOTIONAL attachment whatsoever.

Thank you for sleeping with all of the men on the planet. I must have been out that week, thankfully.

You paint with a very broad brush, your man picker must be broken.

Oh...and ladies...just cuz you sleep with a guy...doesn't mean he won't suddenly have an EX pop back into the picture. Or keep looking for another woman. Or keep dating other women. Wake up....

See..told you your man picker was broken. Experience speaking?
 yourstillhere
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Seriously!
Posted: 12/3/2011 6:16:59 PM
of course we feel something.

you wont find too many men who fake their orgasms.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >