Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hd321
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Prenuptial Agreements and Maximum Child Support payment!Page 3 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
Just a thought- But instead of trying to predetermine child support and the Money end of child raising, how about a contract that says the parents will live within 30 minutes and in the same school district until said children are 18 years of age and will share custody/expenses/and so forth 50/50 (equally)? That would be in the best interest of the children, require particiation by both parents, and solve the "but it's my money!" argument.
 starfun77
Msg: 155
Prenuptial Agreements and Maximum Child Support payment!
Posted: 1/5/2008 7:16:02 AM
Thanks lizbeth2. I didnt know your earlier post was directed to me - the bisexual gal. Interestingly, you could have referred to me by my handle/username. Anyway, thats besides the point here. So now lets get down to the nitty gritty responses you asked for.

.....and more specifically laws that are designed to protect children from people who are arrogant enough to think they can negotiate their own childrens future on an issue such as CP
Single mothers like you, in most cases are partly responsible for their predicaments. Yet they try to avoid the consequences that come with being divorced with kids. We know very well that these laws are so skewed against men that it is now laughable. Many countries are beginning to see the effects of bias custody and CS laws. And are changing it accordinginly. Here in North America, Feminazis have done everything they can to keep the laws and left most wmen worst off. As pointed earlier on, Europe is changing the laws. Sweden has automatic joint custody hence very little CS payments, UK and Germany and a few others now has a cap on CS. France's laws have been changed and so forth...And all these changes has brought about a remarkable improvement in CS payments, custody and lowered divorce rates. Go figure why!!
Earlier on

There are many extenuating circumstances that can surround the payment of child support.....which shouldn't be confused with visitation or custody issues.
No one is confusing the 2. We are saying, for the best interests of the child, they should be awarded custody to whoever can best provide for them - emotionally financially, etc. You should not go to court saying "Your Honor, I can best provide for them if i get most of his income. And also Your Honor, and whiles at that, forget about the fact that I also have 2 hands, legs and brians to work".

Still waiting for the bisexual gal to reply to my post about how much money she thinks raising 2 kids should cost on a monthly basis.....or anyone else......gimme a breakdown of the expenses and money it costs to provide for two kids
I thought since you have kids, you could have come out with figures pertaining to yours. There is no exact value here. Some people can (and do) raise two kids comfortably on $1000/month whiles other cannot do with $5000/month! It all depends a host of factors AS WELL AS whose money the CP is spending!!! Im sure, lizbeth2, you are raising your kids comfortably on how much you are making......!! So now you tell us how much of your ex's income you want to spend on raising the kids?
 starfun77
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/5/2008 7:41:39 AM
123Carrie

.....it should also be that the custodial spouse and the children should be able to live in a reasonably comfortable environment in which they are accustomed
Sweetie, the llifestyle "they are accustomed to" was possible because 2 people were pulling their resources together to make it thus. After divorce, the bills almost doubles - 2 rents/mortgages, basic home bills, car insurances, day care expenses (probably a new one) etc etc. So to expect the NCP to provide for the same lifestyle for the kids as before is not only ridiculous but down right nonsense. Even half of each's salary will still not be enough!

Why would any man allow his children to live in a car while he goes on his merry way in life?
No man will allow this to happen to his kids. Oh excuse me..its probably the child custody laws..!! Why will the courts allow the woman to put the kids in such grave danger by awarding her custody? You call this "the best interests of the child"?

I would probably not want to marry someone who thinks ahead that the marriage is going to fail.
Chances are I will DEFINTELY not accept a ride from someone who thinks because their car is new, there is no chance of it being involved in an accident!! Taking out an auto insurance policy or home insurance does not mean you think you are going to be involved in an accident or your home will get destroyed etc. Its just common sense..!!! Its called .."in case sh!t happens"!! So is a pre-nup! and a comprehensive one too. Afterall, your chances of getting divorced and screwed (37%) is far higher, than being involved in a serious auto accident (11%)!
 ItsMargo
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2008 12:16:47 AM
It's not so much family control... sheesh, it's being smart about assets. Depending on how hooked in OP's friend is with the family business, it might have a detrimental effect on that as well. And that would be something very much in the family's interests to protect.

I'm certainly not in the situation of needing to protect a family business... even so, my family would insist as strongly as possible that I get a pre-nup or a co-habitation agreement. It just makes sense.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2008 12:06:31 AM

After reading, he was so convinced that its the right thing to do. And I agree. No pre-nup no marriage! Real life experiences and opinions (which are far and varying) are definitely more important to have in your pocket before seeking further legal advice. He's also going to find out about the loop-hole mentioned in Msg #8.

Message #8
While any clause in a prenuptial agreement limiting child support will be ignored by all U.S. divorce courts, I have heard of one legal loophole that can work to the same end. Simply include a clause in a PA that whatever child support is awarded, she owes an equal amount to you as a private debt.

LOL! Too funny!!!! And here I thought men were supposed to be good at math! So, let's see......2 - 2 = 2!!! WOW! Unfortunately, any woman stupid enough to marry this guy and his parents is also stupid enough to believe this "new math". She would also be stupid enough to accept ANYTHING from such a person....what a shame. Any children from this union would be far BETTER off if she were to reject ALL "charity" from this guy....including allowing her children to borrow his name, his house, his car, his educational subsidies. The 2-2=2 formula is designed to make it look like he's involved....when in fact his ONLY involvement is that of sperm donor. What is truly sickening about this whole deal is that I am so vehemently opposed to lieing to children. I don't support telling children about Santa Claus, the tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny......"something for nothing fantasies". Here's $2500 a month dad....now, run down and pay the CSEA this money so that you can tell the children what a nice guy you are for supporting them???? OMG! LOL! You actually can't figure this one out!!!!
 ~rain~
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2008 11:09:22 AM
children have nothing to do with a prenup!!...

and both parents should be supporting their children before and after (if there is a marriage breakdown)

A child should not want for ANYTHING!!.. as far as health care and education are concerned. not to mention dental..and anything else they need to promote personal growth.
Is your friend preparing for those things outside his little fantasy world?

what if they get married and her second pregnancy results in twins?..will he only support one of his twins..(the one born first per say?)
what if one or all his children are born with special needs?..will he compensate for that?

I am all for a prenup...I woulds sign one in a second no questions asked..but when you start involving unborn children in them...I think its past the point of ridiculous.
 starfun77
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/8/2008 1:20:09 PM

but in Canada the Federal Divorce act when it comes to child support supersedes any and all contracts and agreements. It specifically states that the childs right to child support can not be bargained away. If someone where to include in a prenup it wouldn't be worth the paper it is written on.
Partly true! You can include CS in a pre-nup so long as it is not lower than the govt guildlines.
In this case, he is better of going with the govt guildlines because at $300K he will be paying abt $52K/yr and doesnt have to provide the accomodation and transportation etc! At his pre-nup rates, he'll be paying $30K/yr plus accomodation and transportation (abt another $30K ie $1500/month for rent plus $1000/month for car and maintenance) - total of $60 plus other medical and college costs.
Yes they are his kids (hopefully after DNA testing ..:) so theres nothing wrong with him being this generous.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2008 2:00:49 PM

At his income spousal support might be the bigger issue and prenups should cover that.

That is very correct... and IS an area that a pre-nup can handle... he'll need to get very careful legal advice so they don't nullify the agreement in the way they choose to live their lives or by a conservative disclosure of potential assets. ILA (independent legal advice) for BOTH parties and FAIRNESS is critical in getting a pre-nup that can't be turned over. Child support has a definite end date and a set amount - spousal support does not. It's the messy area that needs to be defined.

It specifically states that the childs right to child support can not be bargained away. If someone where to include in a prenup it wouldn't be worth the paper it is written on.

Thank goodness there is a government that sees human life as something that doesn't reduce (unborn) children to money.

Yes. sigh. That point was made very early on in the thread... it can't be bargained away and the amount can't be defined. I can't help but think the pages of out-raged people demonizing the op and going on about commoditizing children never really absorbed that point. The amount of cash does not take into account all of the "extras" the children would have become accustomed to... like sports, or tutoring or private schools.

I still don't get how some feel the OP is a demon for wanting to fully understand the ramifications before getting into a situation. Good = jumping in blindly and Bad = an informed choice?
 ItsMargo
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2008 11:53:45 PM
Oh, come on... I really don't see what the OP has done that is so terrible to place him in this spot...

I agree with you that the OP is not the guy who has made the system to be one that is so manipulated by both parents on issues of child support....but his attitude and outlook sure is helping to perpetuate a stigma that gurauntees nothing will change when it comes to two parents that are able to negotiate the best interest for thier kids.

The OPost said hey, two people are planning to marry and they are discussing their prenuptual agreement
^^ that sounds like a very sane thing for two people to do in these times, especially where they have enough assets that it would be "worth" chewing up several hundred thousands of dollars in court time getting a judge to sort things out for them. Much better to discuss and agree yourselves... and no better time than when you are in love and know you are going to beat the odds.
The OPost went on to say they agreed they'd have a max of two kids
^^ great... we don't have one wanting 6 kids and the other none... seems like they are on the same page
He says he thinks $2500/month is enough child support and asks if the courts would uphold it or nullify it based on his income.
^^ Well, he got his answer... the OP hadn't known the child support guidelines are posted on the web and didn't know that you cannot cover children in a pre-nup. Maybe I'm more inclined to give the guy a break because I wasn't aware of that either before speaking with a lawyer to discuss my pre-nup.

Let's also, please people, consider that before the OP knew the law... he was intending to pay $2500/month. That's not exactly looking to shirk your responsibilities. And since the courts currently award custody to the mother in about 90% of cases... it really is quite smart for a fellow to consider he would not get custody and would be required to pay child support.

There's also been a tendancy to assume his wife would be staying at home and "living off" the child support and spousal support (if any awarded). We have no information about her. For all we know she might be a career woman... and the cost of a nanny will have to be figured into these things.

I'm all for people looking into these things before they get married and before they have children. Don't we frequently say more people should give greater thought to getting married before they make this big step? And isn't that exactly what this guy is doing? If the OP's friend ends up divorced down the road he isn't going to be blindsided by the law and I imagine he isn't going to be complaining about fulfilling it either.

*shakes head* maybe it is just me, but I can't figure out where all the resentment and vilifying is coming from.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2008 1:59:36 AM

Why should the person be giving the other person the money at all?

It shouldn't be given to that individual, it should go directly to supplying the children's needs (Food, water, shelter, the basic necessities of life....not lifestyle.).
This is EXACTLY why I said in an early post that the Mom should REFUSE ANY AND ALL connection with the man after they're divorced!
Because it has NOTHING to do with caring for the children....and everything to do with STILL trying to control her life (or his should the obligor be the female) through these "charity payments".

It shouldn't be given to that individual, it should go directly to supplying the children's needs (Food, water, shelter, the basic necessities of life....not lifestyle.).
Go DIRECTLY to supplying food....meaning that the paying party would DECIDE, SHOP,PURCHASE, and DELIVER the groceries that HE/SHE chose to buy, and understanding the control freakishness and petty mindedness of the individual would likely be spam and powdered eggs just for spite....to show that THEY are still in control. Water? Don't know about Canada, but around here, the water bill must be in the name of the property owner....which brings us to the question of shelter.....and again you advocate that the the EX has the right to decide WHERE....right down to the street address the ex and kids are going to live.....no doubt you'll choose a location as inconvenient to the ex spouse as possible, right?

In any case, thank you for STRONGLY REINFORCING the values which I taught MY daughters almost 30 years ago......which were to NEVER, EVER count of a man for anything....MUCH LESS something as precious as your children. Ladies....PLEASE, MAKE CERTAIN that BEFORE you have children, that YOU and YOU ALONE are quite capable of providing to ALL of their needs without any assistance from an ex spouse. Child Support remains one of the most degrading things that a legal system does to the custodial parent. The goal is to make you out to be some bum living on welfare who swills down whiskey with your childs milk money....and even if you yourself earn 5 times more than your ex, you WILL be accused of such ridiculous behaviors.
In 1982, when CSEA was established and the State of Ohio took my ex to court.....I FOUGHT it! I was outraged that I was subpoenead into court for a "law suit" which I DID NOT want to be party to. I refused to shake hands with the attorney which had been appointed to me....if you can imagine that! HOW DARE a state force an attorney or a law suit onto a person who wants NO PART of the action? I don't know....but they did! Just a waste of taxpayers money! I neither needed nor did I want a dime from him, but State law said he must pay at least the minimum $25 per child per week. In spite of this however....his wife # 3 told her daughter that they were poor because he was paying for MY house! That child is today 23 yrs old...and STILL believes this lie.....still tells her 1/2 sisters (my children) how much she suffered for their greed! By the time my girls were 16 yrs old....THEY wanted to be legally adopted by their stepfather.....something which would have been done almost 14 years earlier HAD the lousy courts not forced their father to pay his piddly $50 a week, thus circumventing my right to petition for their adoption due to "non support" after a 12 month period.

Child support is just WRONG.....no child should have to have a parent who MUST BE FORCED into accepting responsibility for them! The TRUE parent is the one who cares for them out of LOVE and COMMITTMENT.....Not a court order!
 starfun77
Msg: 182
Posted: 1/9/2008 5:55:11 AM
I'm all for people looking into these things before they get married and before they have children. Don't we frequently say more people should give greater thought to getting married before they make this big step? And isn't that exactly what this guy is doing? If the OP's friend ends up divorced down the road he isn't going to be blindsided by the law and I imagine he isn't going to be complaining about fulfilling it either.
Thanks Margo for your wonderful post (Msg#209). Nowhere is this guy saying he will not be part of the children's life (shierking his responsibilities) and no where did he say he is looking forward to the marriage breaking down. It specifically said.."should the marriage breakdown" ..which in today's world seems to me more of a certainty than being involved in a car accident.
Again, ItsMargo thanks for being a voice of reason.
 ~rain~
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 9:09:33 AM
I think that if people actually feel this way,..
about how children should be raised in case of a marriage breakdown...how their children are worth a dollar amount and should have to go without..because one parent isnt giving enough to the other parent..

I think they should to themselves a favor....and NOT BRING CHILDREN INTO THE WORLD!!

there is nothing more sad..then a small child asking to (for eg.) play hockey..or take dance lessons..
and being told no..they cant afford it..because mommy and daddy are seperated/divorced
 ItsMargo
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2008 8:10:34 PM

What does that have to do with what I was talking about? The rules only apply to people who cannot agree without taking it to court. Child support is negotiable until parties refuse to agree... that's the only time "the rules" apply.

I'm not sure this will help, but what the hell... I'll try and explain. Right now neither party is angry and hell bent on revenge. At this point they are both well-intentioned and looking to make a decision they both believe is acceptable and in the best interests of their children. One or the other might not be in that same frame of mind when the time comes when the children's interests really need to be looked after should they find themselves split up. They're trying to protect their children from being subjected to intense court battles in the future by trying to settle it now.

Good points here That Guy Him...
More people should discuss this stuff on the way in to a marriage. It is an excellent time for both parties to be fair and loving towards each other, and to my view, it is the absolute best gift you can give to your future self. If you don't manage to "beat the odds" you have saved yourself time, turmoil and potential trauma at a time when everyone's feelings are unraveling... at least, I haven't managed a break-up or a divorce where I didn't feel significantly unravelled. Especially when there are children involved.

If people can't agree... the alternative is no one gets to decide... you pay an arm and a leg to go to court to have someone else - the judge who doesn't know you, decide what happens in your life. And the arm and leg that you pay... is money that is no longer available for your children, for support or to establish two households. Clearly, attempting to avoid this is time well spent and issues very worthy of discussion and agreement.

For Darr and others who are suggesting men don't want to be custodial fathers or who can't be great parent because they are male...
1. there are plenty of women and men who, sadly, don't want to continue a relationship with their children post-divorce.
2. there are plenty of divorced people (women and men) who are so angry with their exes that they hurt their children and try to interfere with the exes relationship with their children. The courts are clogged with such cases.
3. there are plenty of men and women - but given how the majority of custody decisions go to the mother, it IS mostly men - who have had to face such interference and problems that they feel the best choice is to not see their children anymore. Among many, many reasons... some do it to spare their children further turmoil and anguish.

I hope that is sufficient to kill this line of thinking... would be sad for this thread to go down that path, and there certainly are tons of statistics that back up that ALL mothers aren't perfect and ALL fathers aren't rotten. Let's not bother trotting them out, shall we?

My guess is the OP doesn't wish his future self, his wife nor his children to have to face this crap. In my view, it is a loving and caring thing to do.
 carolann0308
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2008 9:01:57 PM
Any woman that would sign that prenup would need to get her head examined, not to mention that it probably would not stand up in court. Child support is usually determined by the father's current income not what he feels it should be or what he was earning 5-10 years earlier. The guy sounds like a complete control freak and she must be a moron.
 boatgirl1958
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/12/2008 9:29:22 PM
The sad part is that it isn't just all men. There are a lot of dead beat moms out there also. There are just some people that should NEVER become a parent. There should be some type of test or something to determain if you would even be a fit parent and if not the FIX IT!!!!!!
 ItsMargo
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 7:37:20 AM
Oh please people, can you take your silly little argument somewhere else, you are clogging up this thread with your off-topic sniping and NONE of you are looking good in this.

Both parents seem to be insistent on the pre-nup as both have lots at stake.

My family would be equally insistent on one. It is the smart thing to do.

She is ok with the child support in the pre-nup (albeit it will be nullified by the courts)so long as he agrees to an "infidelity clause" (which will null and void the whole pre-nup) in it. That I have advised him against it....as the interpretation of infidelity by the courts is so broad. You dont have to be caught in the act. Any of her friends/woman can come to court and swear under oath to having an affair or sex with you. I have seen it happen.

This one is a bit tricky… because it does speak to trust. He’s saying, in effect, that she might be the sort of person who will lie, and get one of her friends to lie – in court, to invoke an infidelity clause. I know some people will wonder how this is any different from the “trust issues” raised in asking someone to sign a pre-nup.

The distinction, or the one I see, is the difference in perspective between what you agree to when you are in love and what you want when your perspective has changed and you’re looking after “number one” on the way out. Looking after number one does not necessarily involve lying – it is a switch in priority. What you’re talking about is directly saying “you are the type of person who will lie”

Interesting to see cheating an issue on both sides of this one… you might have an affair (cheat)… countered with… you might lie by inventing I had an affair in order to get around our agreements (cheat).

My perspective is you cannot legislate integrity… so a pre-nup is not going to have someone behave any better than their nature anyway. Why ask it to do what it is not designed to do? Especially if you are attaching other issues to an unrelated item. That's just silly and is a good way to write an agreement that will get thrown out.

The way I would view an infidelity clause, IMO and remember I’m not a lawyer, rather than have it nullify the entire agreement (because then we're back to being supplicants to the courts to decide our lives - exactly what we were trying to avoid) is to reach agreement on settlement and then have the infidelity clause to reduceor increase the agreed settlement… by an agreed amount or different package. It is designed so that there is a consequence attached to breaking your vows... depending on which one transgressed. Kind of here is what we agree to if our relationship fails in spite of our best efforts… because a spirit of co-operation is appropriate if the two of you can’t make a go of it. It happens. However, here is a different agreement if someone does not act with integrity and works against the relationship by cheating. In that case, a consequence is appropriate.

Remember the court does not care who was at fault or who was injured when they decide settlement. That's what "no fault" means. If left to the courts... there is no consequence to affairs... they get the identical settlement package regardless of integrity. So, I suspect that some of the fears of proving infidelity are grossly exaggerated. A different package, rather than tossing the whole agreement, limits the "cost benefit" of one person lying in court. It's roughly $100,000 to go to court in my neck of the woods... no one is going to gamble that unless there is a significant potential benefit to gain or one to avoid losing.

I’m not sure I would open this can of worms IF it’s only purpose was to “get” something that wasn’t likely to be held up in the courts anyway. Look at it this way, she doesn’t NEED the infidelity clause to throw out the child support “limit”.

Suspect something else is going on here that they need to explore. Exploring the nature of a pre-nup can raise all kinds of issues, attachments and feelings… working through those can greatly strengthen your relationship and, oddly enough, give you a better shot at beating the odds.
 hd321
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 9:23:41 PM
Pre-nups with child support and infidelity clauses. OK. How about not getting married, maintain seperate residences and finances and just spend the night when you feel like it? Do they really, really want children? Perhaps a child-free lifestyle....
 starfun77
Msg: 201
Posted: 1/17/2008 4:01:10 PM
I see nothing wrong in them being upfront about their fears etc etc!! At least they are admitting firsthand that there is at least a 50% chance that the relationship will fail.
Kudos to them. I wish all prospective couples will see this far down the line before signing away their wealth and peace of mind.!!
 Vyper®
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/17/2008 6:15:11 PM
I've read this post from start to finish and I have only one comment:

I LOVE STARFUN7!!!

How can you NOT love a woman who is so beautiful, articulate, rational, and (above all else) FAIR AND REASONABLE?!!!

If I could, I'D chase after her!
 starfun77
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:52:04 AM

Yeah, yeah.... as I've said before at the beginning of a live-in/marriage type relationship it's all about LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVE, but at the end it's all about the MOONNNNNEY, Hunny!

Very well said "iago lives". You rock!!!

Also thanks Vyper. Wish I could chase after you too..
 coolswimom
Msg: 207
Posted: 1/20/2008 2:19:51 AM
My 2 cents...
CUDOS 2 U Darr

Cudos to you for not recognizing your selfishisness and not placing a dollar value on what your wife did to contribute to your very comfortable life while married to her.
YOu used her with the bill of how many children and made yourself comfortable and whined about supporting children. You should have kept your pants on if you were that selfish.

Wow seems the ONLY thing most are concerned about is the $$$ this guy has to come off of for HIS kids. I sometimes cant believe what Im hearing. I am Soo appauled that "non-custodial" parents are so Chincy with the care of there KIDS.. were talking 300.000 and only how much is expected to be SPENT on kids?? less than 10% SHIT FICA gets MORE than that ... this SAME guy will more than happily spend 5 times that much on him self and the NEW ( probably younger woman ( with bigger boobs). So he AND the NEW one live on 90%???? WOW... I dont think 50% is TOO MUCH
I personally KNOW mothers ( and children) who have been dumped for the newer model only to live in less than decent acomodations(with there children) as they have been LEFT with ALL of the responsibility and NONE of the MEANS. they sacrifice all of there time ,energy and means to make up for the LOSS to there kids. And neglect themsleves to do so .
The REAL gold digger is the NEW woman that helps him justify his whining about paying child support in the first place. because SHE KNOWS (less 4 her).
HIS problem.. she doesnt pay as much attention to HIM now that the KIDS have arrived ,, Waaaaa
So for all you single mothers out there ..who have to FIGHT for a BONE... because the POOR guy wont have anything left for the new girl.. I think you should get at Least 60%... He can PAY you to do it
Or.......
He can call a
Cleaning service ...... $400.00 month
Daycare..... 2x$150.00/wk $1200.00 month
Laundry...................... $250.00 month
in house nanny............ $1500.00 month
Cook........................... $1200.00 month
HOOKER..(5times/week) $2500.00 month (only if shes cheep)
+++++extra for saying I love you ......and putting up with inlaws ans YOUR buddies...

TOTAL................................... $7050.00 per month..

DO THE MATH....

ID SAY he needs to KEEP HER... hes getting a good deal..

starfun77
Msg: 209
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:46:20 AM

.....so how does the CAP of money "saved" in child support reflect in the NCP's eyes?...some of you people really disgust me..

..same as the CP. It is a savings for the kids. They are able to get what they want from the NCP as he/she is not being "sucked dry" by the CP. He/She is able to afford to give the kids the extras they need thereby alleviating the pressure on the CP.
 starfun77
Msg: 211
Posted: 1/22/2008 5:27:39 PM

...we sit down and decide what is reasonable and affordable to pay. I'm in Canada we have maintenance enforcement but my ex and I choose to be adults and deal with this on our own and it works.

Wow..Excellent!!!...only 30 and yet so matured. Maybe you should talk to some of the "feminazis" here who think they have the right to suck a guy dry just because they have a kid(s) with him.
I wonder who was stupid enough to base a childs "needs" on the NCP's income!! "Wants" are different thing. And btw,who can afford all their kids "wants" ?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >