Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nitestar1
Msg: 263
Prenuptial Agreements and Maximum Child Support payment!Page 5 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
I think a pre-nup should be based on what individuals have before marriage, You know what you had you keep. Things earned together during a marriage should be equal. If they jointly purchase things together then they divide equally. It's kinda bad to think about divorce if your seriously planning on a marriage. So if each partner just keeps what was theirs prior to marriage. I think that's already the law anyway. True marriage is a relationship not a business deal.
 tick tock
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Prenuptial Agreements and Maximum Child Support payment!
Posted: 5/7/2008 11:21:38 AM
GG75, for a person who is retired and finanacially secure at the tender age of 31, you would be taking a foolish risk to do otherwise. I guarantee after one bad marriage, you'll have to come out of that retirement pretty damn fast.
 Vyper®
Msg: 269
Posted: 5/9/2008 1:30:06 PM
You are correct, Jeanie. As the child(ren) are not competent parties to any prenuptial agreement, child support cannot be contracted in/out for him/her/them. I for one, however, do believe that our legal systems needs to find a better way to effectively gauge the costs involved in providing for a child's basic care and a more effective way of ensuring that the child support funds are appropriately applied.

The primary complaints we continually hear are that the payments are too little/much, and that the monies are not being used as intended by the courts and payors. If our courts are to properly administer to these such matters, then they should do so diligently, rather than the half-assed, unaccounted-for manner that they do now.
 simple87man
Msg: 271
Posted: 5/10/2008 4:40:55 PM
This is one interesting post that doesnt die. Quite intelligent responses too. I love starfun7 for her no-nonsense posts.
CS payments are something that I fervently believe should have a cap. Currently if the payor makes too little, the payee (usually the mother) applies for all sorts of government supports and tax credit. However, if she receives too much, she is allowed to do with it what she pleases without even paying tax on it (in Canada).

I also the government should make an effort to enforce access rights. So far, the woman (usually) can withold access to the fathers for as long as they want (or till the court comes in again). Well, she is NOT punished for the "blocked/denied access" aka "retroactive"! Try this with child support payments.
Family law at least in North America is a joke....seems to have been written by a bunch of old farts, foggies, who dont have any kids.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 5:51:49 PM
He's going to get raped by the child support process. There isn't much he can do about that, except to try to get custody and guardianship of the children (often this means proving she's an unfit mother, which can get very mean and very, very nasty, he should actually start documenting this as soon as the children are born).

He needs to make sure she's only going to get HALF of what they make as a couple AFTER they get married.

If he already owns a house, or if he buys a house before they get married, he needs to make sure it stays in HIS NAME ONLY, likewise for any vehicles he already owns. He needs to protect any and all assets he already owns, and as part of the pre-nup agreement he needs to have her sign quitclaim deeds to any and all property already owned by him.

Ain't love grand?
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 8:50:28 AM
Since she is Canadian and he British the laws of where they reside would come into play. In Canada any provisions regarding CS in a pre-nup are invalid. His best bet in the event of a break-up would be to hire the nastiest lawyers possible and take full custody himself, he could then grant fair access and voluntarily offer to help her out with the stated amounts of money.
To limit the number of kids..... go to ReProMed in Toronto and jack off in a jar a few times then get a vasectomy. Ensure that "withdrawls" at said bank can only be made with his consent
 barima
Msg: 277
Posted: 7/13/2008 5:27:59 AM
Interesting suggestion!!! I bet you have shares in ReProMed..or are you talking from experience?
 belloved4446
Msg: 280
Posted: 7/13/2008 6:38:31 AM
In Washington State if you get a 2nd job, the supporting parent can have your CP adjusted.So the person paying has no way of getting ahead financially. Doug
 starfun77
Msg: 281
Posted: 7/13/2008 9:25:35 AM
...not forgetting that if you lose your job, support payments can take up to 6months to be adjusted and its not retroactive...whiles a pay raise/increase takes a month ..and also retroactive. I still keep asking myself,...Who make these laws? Why is it slanted against a whole gender? No wonder most men these days are afraid of commitment!!
Im female and feel so sorry for men being screwed this way. Any other fair-minded women here??
 barima
Msg: 282
Posted: 7/14/2008 6:10:38 AM
..thx Starfun..! Always a voice of reason. However, I dont think you will get a lot of women taking you up on this..
 starfun77
Msg: 285
Posted: 7/17/2008 1:51:54 PM
That sounds like the best way forward. This is the second time someone has suggested it. Why doesnt all the rich guys do this..setting up a charity etc as described above. So does one have to set up this charity before the marriage or after? anybody knows of other implications to this arrangement?
This is so far the best advice given on how to outwit all these "money-grabbing gold-diggers" the CS/Family law system has created.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:46:27 PM

Interesting suggestion!!! I bet you have shares in ReProMed..or are you talking from experience?

No just considering using their services prior to vasectomy "just incase". My crystal ball is in the shop, so some form of insurance to cover situations I don't now foresee before taking permanent and usually irreversible steps seems wise.
 smalltowngirl0
Msg: 291
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:29:10 PM
I am a custodial parent, who lives in Texas with my daughter. My understanding of child support that I got from the attorney generals office; child support division is this.

The cp is indeed for the child, it also assists us to live in a modest home that heat and a/c, cabel tv (just two tv's tho) food, health care/insurance, car insurance for her @$100.00 month ,and her cell phone bill, school lunches, cloathes (she has a lot.) All this for $500.00 a month.
The dad's who complain that it just be handed over to the kid really do not have a clue of what it really takes to raise a child.

Just my thoughts on this post.
 1stevens
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2009 3:23:53 AM
Responding to oscat I guess you forgot the cost of a good education........
 starfun77
Msg: 294
Posted: 2/24/2009 4:51:24 PM
I still cant imagine what people are thinking ....marrying these days without a pre-nup is just plain madness. The whole society is now "me me me me me"! As I have been saying all along, guys are the big losers when it comes to marriage and divorce these days. No wonder there are so many single women like myself abound.. :)
 brownie360
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 5:18:38 PM
no, it will not hold up in court and it shouldnt. you cant weasel out of child support. to all men that have issues with child support; clearly should not bring forth children.
 brownie360
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 5:19:27 PM
i agree with you on this as neither would I; sounds like bad intentions to me.
 brownie360
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 5:23:48 PM
i was married and left my husband. didnt ask for anything all i wanted was to rid myself of this abuser. i have always made my own money. marriages that start off with pre nups tends to tank. dont know why. me, i only need a man for what money cant buy; love, being my best friend, respect etc.
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 301
Posted: 2/25/2009 7:57:36 AM
I understand why a man or woman would want a prenup when they have so much to loose ... I would sign one cause what isnt mine just isnt mine ...

A prenup is so the spouse cant take half or more of what they did not work for/inherit ...

I dont think that child support should be included in a prenup because CHILD SUPPORT is just that CHILD SUPPORT ... Some women/men dont spend it on the child and I feel sorry for the child and the parent who has to pay ...

There shouldnt be a limit on what a child is to get from a parent months or years before a divorce ... Most likely the child isnt even born yet ... Who knows what the cost of the childs needs will be at the time of the divorce ...

AnglFlyn
 freetime2bme
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2009 8:12:59 AM
Q:Would the courts uphold this or nullify it and base it on his income?
A: This part of the agreement would be nullified. Not based on income, but because of several factors. Law by state would then go into effect as to child support and even custody. It could be her paying him support if they had kids.
 starfun77
Msg: 303
Posted: 2/25/2009 8:17:42 AM

..not even ex wife but getting 15K a month in child support. She sued for 30K. He was already giving her 6K a month, bought her a new SUV and a new condo. Yet, she wants more?

EXACTLY my point! What normal child needs $15K/month? There should be a MAX on Child Support amounts.

THIS IS THE LAW AND FEMINISM GANGING UP ON MEN!
I wonder why men still "fall in love" with us women.!!
 zenarcade
Msg: 304
Posted: 2/25/2009 8:19:49 AM
Since the question involves a British and Canadian citizen, either British or Canadian law would (most likely) apply.

In the United States, it would be almost unheard of for a the section of a prenuptial agreement that purported to limit child support to be enforced, unless the agreed upon limit was very high. In the case posed, where one party has an income of ~$300K, limiting child support to a maximum of $2500 per month, it is extremely unlikely that the provision would be upheld. (Read: It ain't gonna happen.)
 kiwistuff
Msg: 306
Posted: 2/26/2009 8:47:39 PM
I don't mean to be a troll but the way courts see divorce and the division of income is making me want to not go down that road.
 kpooks
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2009 9:04:36 PM
Here's an idea...don't get married AT ALL, and simply cohabitate and raise however many kids are conceived together-! $300k a year--Jesus, I could raise a whole litter on that salary...
 zenarcade
Msg: 308
Posted: 2/27/2009 12:16:08 AM

simply cohabitate and raise however many kids are conceived together-!

I don't know about all 50 states, but in the states in which I am licensed, whether the parents have been married or not is irrelevant to a determination of child support.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >