Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > who are feminists?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 51
who are feminists? Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
According to the FBI, 77% of murder victims are male, to take the ultimate act of violence. http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cvict_v.htm#gender
 Flynndanarra
Msg: 52
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/13/2005 4:20:38 PM
Hmmm the court docket only represents those crimes that #1 are reported to police, and #2 actually make it to court.
 Flynndanarra
Msg: 53
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/13/2005 4:22:34 PM
The murder statistic is an interesting one.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 54
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/13/2005 4:34:27 PM
Also mentioned in that Dept of Justice study is, "For violent offenses, males have been victimized at higher rates than females, and the rates for females fell to 19.0 in 2003." So at least in the states over 80% of victims of violence are male.
 Goddard
Msg: 55
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/13/2005 4:46:25 PM
Hmmm the court docket only represents those crimes that #1 are reported to police, and #2 actually make it to court.

So you are saying that violence against men is a lot higher than what statistics say. Nevertheless, there are no "Violence Against Men Act" , no battered men's shelters, no nothing.

When an anti-abortionist is in the street protesting with such images on their signs and shoving the images in the faces of children and telling the kids that their arents, who are pro-choice are baby killers that is not appropriate (though I would defend their right to peacefully protest and express their beleifs were someone to say that they should not protest at all)

You would.... but you don't.

I repeat what I said. While women keep silent, allowing those radicals to use their voice and their representativity to punish men by the crime of being men, they can't complain if they are seen as all the same.
 sparticuss
Msg: 56
who are feminists?
Posted: 7/9/2006 8:32:32 AM
Before anybody makes any comment on feminism it's vital to distinguish between feminists and man haters. Man haters are sexist but hide their sexism under the skirts of the feminist movement.

eg
Feminism
- "There is only one job a man should never be considered for, Wet nurse.
There is only one job a woman should never be considered for, Sperm Donor.

Sexism
- Men are all slaves to their penises and after nothing from a woman but a semen spitoon.

The best test of true feminism is the ni66er test.

So to test out the last comment you just change the word man, wherever its used , to ni66er.

ie
Ni66ers are all slaves to their penises and after nothing from a woman but a semen spitoon.

If that's racist then the same comment about men is certainly sexist.
 sparticuss
Msg: 57
who are feminists?
Posted: 7/9/2006 8:40:51 AM
As I asked before, I would like the names of the "hardcore" feminists you mention - and perhaps a reference or two to some specific speech or article that you object to.
===========================================
No wuckas. Shore

"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman."
— Catherine MacKinnon

"All men are rapists and that's all they are" — Marilyn French Author, "The Women's Room" "All men are rapists and that's all they are ..."

"Marriage as an institution developed from rape as a practice. Rape, originally defined as abduction, became marriage by capture. Marriage meant the taking was to extend in time, to be not only use of but possession of, or ownership."
— Andrea Dworkin

"Heterosexual intercourse is the pure, formalized expression of contempt for women's bodies."
— Andrea Dworkin

"Romance is rape embellished with meaningful looks."
— Andrea Dworkin
in the Philadelphia Inquirer,
May 21, 1995

"Under patriarchy, no woman is safe to live her life, or to love, or to mother children. Under patriarchy, every woman is a victim, past, present, and future. Under patriarchy, every woman's daughter is a victim, past, present, and future. Under patriarchy, every woman's son is her potential betrayer and also the inevitable rapist or exploiter of another woman,"
— Andrea Dworkin, Liberty , p.58.

"One can know everything and still be unable to accept the fact that sex and murder are fused in the male consciousness, so that the one without the imminent possibly of the other is unthinkable and impossible."
— Andrea Dworkin, Letters from a War Zone, p. 21

"Compare victims' reports of rape with women's reports of sex. They look a lot alike....[T]he major distinction between intercourse (normal) and rape (abnormal) is that the normal happens so often that one cannot get anyone to see anything wrong with it."
— Catherine MacKinnon, quoted in Christina Hoff Sommers,

Wall Street Journal, November 7, 1991
"I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them."
— Robin Morgan, (editor of MS magazine)

=====================

You were saying??
 Gorshkov
Msg: 58
who are feminists?
Posted: 7/9/2006 7:17:55 PM

I can never understand why any woman would not want to be known as a feminist.

Personally, I don't have much truck with "feminists".

As long as they keep making the distinction between male and female, the differences (and there are some) will remain important.

When they start looking at men AND women as PEOPLE, then we'll really have some progress.

I will not join in a demonstration protesting violence against women - but I will join one against violence.

I will not join in a demonstration for women's rights - but I will join in one for HUMAN rights.

And so on.

I am a *humanist*. I treat all people the same. I don't care if their plumbing is interiour or exteriour. It's immaterial.
 Gorshkov
Msg: 59
who are feminists?
Posted: 7/9/2006 7:32:36 PM

If you don't really believe that, why not do some research? Forced marriage by abduction and rape is still going on in parts of the world.

Your logic is faulty - or more correctly, non-existant.

There is no causal relationship either shown or implied. Just because marriage in *some* cultures is based on abduction and rape (which I'm not convinced is the case, btw) does not mean that ALL marriage is based on abduction and rape.

So any claim that "marriage is based on xxxxx....." is false. And for the european societies, that is DEMONSTRABLY not the case.
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 60
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 7/11/2006 4:31:32 PM
lol silly femenists, Grrrrl pwwrr raaar. Some of the stuff i read coming from some femenists is just hilarious. how could anyone take them seriously?
 cindi_rella
Msg: 61
who are feminists?
Posted: 4/6/2017 4:59:15 PM
Feminists dont hate men, they just dont need them.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 62
who are feminists?
Posted: 4/8/2017 7:58:21 AM
Feminist, schmeminist. All women hate men and always have. Leon, the only real difference between feminists and non feminists is that feminists no longer have any pretense of morality and non feminists are still trying to trick you into giving them a divorce payday.

You seem to think that there are some women that are worthy of your approval. Sad to report that you are very much mistaken.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 63
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 4/8/2017 4:13:43 PM

I also hate Vulgar unlady like behaver such as, swearing like a trooper, Drinking like a fish, shouting like a sailor and dressing like a hooker.

But it's perfectly OK for a man to be vulgar? To swear like a trooper? Or a man to drink like a fish? Or shout like a sailor (never heard that one before but still...)?

Why can't a woman dress how she wants to dress without being judged by someone?

Personally, I don't agree with a #KILLALLMEN sentiment either, but it's misandry, not feminism, in the same way that not all men are misogynists. However, it's important to note that women are not on this planet simply to 'treat a good man the right way'. They are people, with equal rights, who just so happen to be women.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 64
who are feminists?
Posted: 4/8/2017 5:49:36 PM
Awwwww. Leon has left the building.

Seems he wasn't "man enough" to stay with his words.

Hmmm. I wonder what he'll respawn as.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 65
who are feminists?
Posted: 4/9/2017 8:30:57 AM

Leon has left the building

No more MGTOW whining from the eternally single. What a shame...
 ebolakitty
Msg: 66
who are feminists?
Posted: 4/9/2017 9:01:36 AM

No more MGTOW whining from the eternally single. What a shame...

Guess again! As long as there is an Alt Right, there will be MGTOW whining. MGTOW stands for men going their own way and indeed there are some men who just do their own thing... but you never hear from them. Leon and his type are a very different sort. He isn't going his own way. He is going Alex Jones' way and he is really pissed that you aren't going along.
 cooldog65
Msg: 67
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 4/10/2017 12:12:23 AM
The feminazi/misandrist type give women a bad name.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 68
who are feminists?
Posted: 5/23/2017 5:54:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD65wnDGuTg
Shocking viewing for men and reality has been exposed...very sad the way society has turned out and just happy some are standing against the sexist agenda against men
Professor Janice Fiamengo is a woman who deserves respect for standing up for men's rights and the definition of a good woman.
 Mister0Independent
Msg: 69
who are feminists?
Posted: 8/15/2017 4:57:02 PM
The problem with feminism is that it attempts to place the blame for all the woes of society on one thing - the patriarchy. I think gender issues are a lot more complex than that
 Inicia
Msg: 70
who are feminists?
Posted: 8/25/2017 9:49:15 AM
I am a Feminist!!!
As a single mother- single woman-a feminist- no bitterness towards men- i do identify with feminism- with any ideology be it patriarchy, religion,civil rights, conservative, liberal,matriarchy, political, governmental, economic, there are always off shoots that have radicals- and those living the non-corrupt tenets suffer as a result of such- i identify as a radical liberal in both religion and political views- however i do this because my own personal view of freedoms of all and equality for all- are unaccepted norms. As i do not want to argue with a fencepost- i like to state it up front. My beliefs are "Just too far away" -(expressed to me more rudely.)- for most to relate to.

The perpetrators of violence towards men- are men- as well as the perpetrators of the lower statistical violence towards women as well as children. So, yes. violence regardless of who the victim is, it is predominately:(sorry I cringe to even pose this--)
A male trait- do not address this as some neandrathalic evolutionary trait- we are way past that--society or nurture is doing something wrong. period. violence is a problem...Bella Hooks book "the will to Change" poses a theory worth investigating. And if we fail to understand the true tenets of feminism, women will eventually be equal perpetrators. Might be all right, if the resulting society contained -overall-less violence.

The correct quote "A women needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle" nothing about a separation of women without men- i read the original quote, back in what 74 or 72???

My mother instilled- several ideas in my sisters and me, "always make enough money to support yourself and offspring alone!" Few others that were maybe a bit forward" helpful for my sisters and i. One was live with a man for a year and a day before you marry" couple about sexual understanding and honor of self and partner. From her own bad experience as a women from the 50"s, some of the advice she gave was not helpful for our experiences- as we learned where her beliefs interfered with the reality based perception we developed as a result of our experiences: both in our lives and our relationship with our father, as compared to her life and relationship with our father. Married 25 years prior to her death.

My son- non-violent- married-homeowner-tons of love and respect in his marriage-both sides, a diplomat- communicator and very assertive- choices in his life-for his life- based solely on his personal- individual challenges and goals-i am pretty ok with my personal ideology, and his father was a part of his life as well as my stepmother and father, very close familial relations on both sides. We respected each other no hate or bitterness, we did have difficulties and different parenting techniques.

Hers a thought- want a good*man/woman* get a dog. And as far as i am concerned Lady is a good name for a german shepherd. Or "Lady and the tramp" lol how funny. what we onslaught young formative minds with and consider acceptable. do not even start me on fairy tales...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 71
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 9/3/2017 4:54:34 PM
Ok, I'll let you.

Judging by your post, I'd say you've read quite a bit about the movement, and what it stands for. Am I to assume that you, based on what you just put into words, do not want anything to do with men? You claim that you're not bitter towards men. I sure don't read it that way.

But then, I haven't sat down and gotten to know you. There's a lot of blank areas that need to be filled in before I'd draw any conclusions.
Since I know very little about you, and how you tick, why do you draw conclusions about how I'd be? By what you've experienced from other men?

I can assure you, that I am not other men. I do not compare notes with other men on how to court women. Very often I won't talk to other men, because they happen to be overbearing bores that talk bs, want to have pi$$ing contests, and in general, aren't worth the time of day.

I was taught never to be violent towards women-even if they strike me. (And they have) I learned to ignore mental abuse, from an ex that chose to do it because men were meant to be used.

So, yes, go be a feminist. Just be aware that you may not think that your comments towards men are snide. But we may. In which case we just might retaliate with comments that might just cut as deep as we felt yours did, towards us.
 Inicia
Msg: 72
who are feminists?
Posted: 9/3/2017 6:06:47 PM

Am I to assume that you, based on what you just put into words, do not want anything to do with men?
what TH???? no you would be making a faulty assumption.
where did i draw any conclusions about you Purple?? i offered you congrats on your accomplishment of letting go of cigarettes. i never have said anything negative to or towards you...Or men as A GENERAL CLASS OF PEOPLE>>>
when I have made or there are any snide comments contained in my post it is in direct correlation to snide or rude comments aimed towards me or my post. i am an equal opportunity retort-er, men and women have posted in this page, i addressed some glaring misnomers...Yes-i did clarify some factual misconceptions... so what?? I am a feminist- so what... i have actively been a self sufficient, hetero-sexual, adult woman, sharing households equally at different times or living single, my whole adult life. That is the topic of this forum - i did not think it was a bash any one who is not afraid to claim the stated unpopular standing.

I also have been taught not be violent to any person, man,/woman, or abusive to *children or animals. Self defense of course from animal or adult attacks of my person- yes... and mental abuse best to extricate self, before it is extremely damaging to self esteem and person hood. I am aware that often mental abuse and physical "abuse(sic)"can be insidious, in nature, and the ramifications may not be fully experienced until one is fully immersed and emotionally or physically-fiscally dependent. another kudos to basing choices on desire. I do not ignore abuses- and if that is snide or insulting in some way so be it... I rarely believe actual *"abuse (sic)"can happen in an adult relationship...One person has no authority or dominion of the other. Can adults be physically assaulted or victims of others horrible behavior. yes, and often much growth and change is required before "abusive (sic)" relationship is ended.
Mental abuse- as use is for a sadist.... Both sexes can use- many are so sweet and charming, it does not even hit until much later, the advantages freely distributed are shocking when calculating the taxi meter totals, the ride was quite pleasurable- damn was it expensive....Often usury methods are pleasant for both parties regardless of sex... with the skilled manipulator need supersedes want every time..

Go be a feminist
??? but be threatened by "me and the usdom i claim".. lol the villagers gonna come storm my house.. just call me Dr. Frankenstein... too funny

...But we may. In which case we just might retaliate with comments that might just cut as deep as we felt yours did, towards us.
Who is your we?? the you and the mouse in your pocket...Who are you speaking for purple???? My statements I made, which you are responding to are my personal experiences?? Never said we.. i did speak of tenets of the movement; however, i never claimed any beings joining me in my views....Yes retaliation and fear can be expected in certain arenas.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 73
who are feminists?
Posted: 9/26/2017 3:14:31 AM

Feminists dont hate men, they just dont need them.

Great. So, why don't we just kick back and let women run the proverbial show, which consists of fighting wars, technological advancements, fighting crime, construction work, farming...shall I go on?? We'll see how long that "don't need men" shit lasts.
 Inicia
Msg: 74
who are feminists?
Posted: 9/26/2017 7:56:41 AM
Pretty sure the statement, was as a personal need, as opposed to a want- as in desiring to partner with someone compatible, rather than a man as a prerequisite to a successful life for a woman- so any one with testicles will do-lol- just as men pick women based on desire. (a more accepted status for men than women) - I really do not see how either sex choosing by desire rather than need is inflammatory- in any way. Men and womenare often are terribly upset and hurt when their partner "uses or takes advantage" of them- that is what men and women do when they choose based on need- they "use" to get needs met.

I do not think it was stated- as a worldview-I would hope any adult person would realize the value of all people, regardless of gender, other classifications, or societal roles, as important and necessary to society at large..however, as time advances we see that women are actively contributing more and more to the fields you mentioned Pig. There are many women in: technology, science, construction, architect, food , agriculture, law enforcement, political , administrative, and combat/military-(we see foot soldiers, pilots, officers etc,) , positions Many men are becoming comfortable pursuing careers once relegated to females. Bank tellers, administrative assistants, LPNs and RNs, massage therapy, PT, beauty-fashion (modeling), domestic(homemaker and full time father). These are all changes initiated by the feminist movement and supported by the actors in a changing world scenery...

The movement supports freedom for males and females-to step away from outdated gender roles. Some fields, have been slower to affect change, however, they are changing too. In ,earlier military actions women contributed greatly to medical and secretarial, working the production of weaponry- however had less involvement in combat. The view that mothers and wombs were were more valuable than fathers and pollinators- has lost credit. hallelujah. A draft or military troops/forces relegated to the males of a society-causes a genocide of that population. I never believed- never will believe- a man's life is less valuable than mine. Wartime-deaths-desecration is tragic and horrific. But it is what it is- we still war.

Some countries require as completion of education, all young adults serve 2 to 4 years of military duty- these countries tend to be very successful in military action, or adopt positions isolationism and neutrality. Yet, I do not want to see the youth -of our country, or any country- male or female dying in war, as devalued lives and political pawns.

If women and men devalue each other and life in general and have extreme animosity- whereas, we stop procreating, none, of this will even be an issue, as human population would end.
 Robyn143
Msg: 75
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/2/2017 4:23:45 PM
Women fight in wars, you dips hit
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > who are feminists?