Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > who are feminists?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 76
who are feminists? Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Women fight in wars, you dips hit

Without the assistance of men??

That's what I thought. Sit down, "dipshit".
 browneyesboo
Msg: 77
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/3/2017 11:40:16 AM
Yeah, I don't know.
I consider myself a feminist.
But I think (like any other group) there are some that turn simple ideas
into radical ideologies. Being a feminist should be a good thing.

I like men, and honestly, I wouldn't want to do without one.
I don't really want to sign up for a draft. I try to do most things myself,
but I'm grateful for men that will help me fix my car or carry heavy stuff
for me. I can open my own door, but I like it when a man reaches for it
first and holds it for me.

I can go for walks by myself and watch movies by myself and certainly
go out to dinner by myself, but I still like holding hands and hugging,
and I don't want to do that with my girlfriends.

I'm glad I can vote, and work outside of the home and own property, have
my own checking and savings accounts and credit cards.
I think I should be paid the same as a man for doing the same job. I recognize
the fact that I can't do every job a man can and I don't want to. I don't
think either gender should be subject to sexual harassment and I think both
should be held to the same standards when it comes physical violence.

I know only women can have babies, but that's what they were made for...
so I don't follow the philosophy of men not being able handle the pain of it.
I've had other things that hurt a lot worse than childbirth.

I just don't like mean men.
But I don't like mean women either.
Or mean kids or dogs for that matter.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 78
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/3/2017 2:04:53 PM
^ All very reasonable.

I just don't like mean men.

I'm not mean until someone gives me reason to be, like Robyn143.

I've had a reputation for being abrasive here, but hopefully, most have noticed it doesn't surface unless someone f*cks with me *first*, and in this case, Robyn most certainly did.

I'm sick of the gang of shrews here who f*ck with men constantly but want to cry foul when they retaliate.
 magicstillaroundme
Msg: 79
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/6/2017 4:28:42 AM
Feminists are not who everyone thinks they are nor are they as powerful.

People, especially men, like to blame feminists for the declining social conditions. Just not true. Ordinary, every day women are the cause of all of today's problems. Politicians don't pander to #killallmen types, they pander to suburban soccer moms that like to spend their husband's money. The kids of feminist single mothers do just fine. It's the kids of unmarried waitresses and Walmart cashiers that are at risk. Feminists don't destroy their families through divorce. Regular women, both left and right leaning, do.

I say ordinary women cause worsening conditions but they are not to blame. There is no other way that prosperous societies can develop. They never have developed differently -- not ever.
 moraima
Msg: 80
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/6/2017 8:08:38 PM
Why is it I don't see all this "feminism?, Do I mention what political party I belong to etc. in my real life?!
Oh wait. I don't live in the USA.
Seriously people, give your head a shake.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 81
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/12/2017 11:11:28 AM
Women should never underestimate the power of nurturing
 Kj521
Msg: 82
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/14/2017 6:33:58 PM
True, Mr. Hank.

And neither should men undervalue their ability to nuture.The "power of nurturing" is important for both of the sexes to understand. :)
 moraima
Msg: 83
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/14/2017 9:11:28 PM
Good answer Kj.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 84
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/15/2017 6:11:38 AM
Good answer, Pig. You always know best.
 Kj521
Msg: 85
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/15/2017 3:53:57 PM
Goodness gracious, Mr. Pig! It's not always about you, ya know!

Stop trying to horn in and distract from my accolades!

I don't get many. Unlike you....I have no talents. :/

So back off, Mister...I need every one I can get!

Thank you, Ms. Moraima. :)
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 86
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/15/2017 5:21:24 PM
Wanna wrestle??
 Kj521
Msg: 87
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/15/2017 5:44:53 PM
^^^^Hmmm.....tempting. ;) ;)

But tell me.....Where do we draw the line? :)

Psst! What's your opinion on this? https://g.co/kgs/xGnm2b

VVVV Never heard them before. Not a fan fan of the videos....but the songs....I think I am liking. :D
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 88
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/15/2017 5:53:18 PM
Poets of the Fall?! YOU? I'm in shock.

I've always thought they were pretty good.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 89
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/15/2017 11:15:06 PM

Not a fan fan of the videos

Say what? Now, come on, Suzy Sunshine. A lot of them are rather innovative, and I don't think something like beach scenes would go along too well with their music. Save that stuff for Jimmy Buffett.
 Inicia
Msg: 90
who are feminists?
Posted: 10/16/2017 3:16:48 PM

And neither should men undervalue their ability to nuture.The "power of nurturing" is important for both of the sexes to understand. :)
like it-
[I]not meaning to change the direction of topic been away for awhile-you two carry on with your civil and friendly exchange. : )
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 91
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 11/9/2017 4:44:30 PM
ummm are you bored?
 feirene
Msg: 92
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 3/18/2018 9:20:48 AM
the whole point in feminism is to destroy the role of men and women, it wasn't natural for women to be submissive to men.

so what if they broke up abusive patriarchal schemas during that process. and its men destroying the world, pretty sure they are the ones sending people out to war and ruining ecosystems with their greed.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 93
who are feminists?
Posted: 3/26/2018 8:25:35 PM
I don’t have a problem with feminism in itself - equality is not a bad thing. I do, however, how a problem with the attitude of “Give me equality only when it benefits me.”
 Inicia
Msg: 94
who are feminists?
Posted: 5/14/2018 7:03:39 PM
^Reeeally so you think a self stated feminist-buys into that wow i do know plenty who will say oh yes equality is good but I am NOT a feminist- come kill my bat or chase my rat big man-or old rich man make me your wife you will be happy for the rest of your life(two months)lol
 HappyCamper37
Msg: 95
who are feminists?
Posted: 5/16/2018 9:20:05 PM
I have seen this many times at work. I can do anything a man can do. Hey that's heavy stuff that's a mans job lol. Feminists have ruined chivalry i got glare for holding door. She angrily said i don't need help i can do it myself.
 feirene
Msg: 96
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 5/16/2018 9:33:30 PM
Female supremacy, getting men to do all the stuff you don't wanna do. Heheh.
 Inicia
Msg: 97
who are feminists?
Posted: 5/17/2018 7:48:48 PM
i open the door for people and thank people who hold the door for me- it is not chivalry it is human decency and civility-if i see a man or women struggling with something heavy or awkward i offer help- WTF not a tenet of feminism wow join the group humanity
 hemingway234
Msg: 98
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 5/18/2018 9:09:54 AM
Most of these groups, feminist or men's groups, are simply haters. The extreme people often have attitude problems, or mental health issues. My advice: don't listen to haters and crazy people.

Divorce is not caused by feminism. The men's movements I see are full of ignorant talk, and many of them have attitude problems too. Most divorce is caused by men (a third of divorces are women's fault).......many men don't know how to maintain their women and keep the home fires burning, keep them in love. Education is needed. Women need four things to stay in love:

1) Respect

2) Romance

3) trust

4) affection

If everybody had a good attitude, was sane, and understood how love works and what it takes to maintain it, these hate groups would not exist. Women in love with their husband never want divorce.

Good men and good women love their good husbands, their good wives, their good kids, their good girlfriend, their good boyfriend, their good parents, their good brothers, and their good sisters. Men and women need each other. Love is the answer, not hate.
 Tech30
Msg: 99
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 5/18/2018 1:49:25 PM
Hemingway...where are you getting your stats that most marriages are because of men and women only instigate 1 third?

In reality women initiate divorce over 70 percent of the time.

Also in the real world woman are different. Some , well lots today in western society value status over anything else so they will divorce if they know a man who makes more money and is more popular than their current husband.

They like materialistic things like clothes and cars so if someone dresses better than you and has a nicer car, she will leave .

Not all....but many.

As men age they get happier . With themselves and what they have and have accomplished while women get more unhappy
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 100
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 5/18/2018 2:13:59 PM

As men age they get happier . With themselves and what they have and have accomplished while women get more unhappy

Utterly clueless.

Sure, older women are an ignored and underappreciated demographic when it comes to marketing, even though they have more discretionary income to spend on products and services. It's true they also lack representation in mass media, unless they have a ton of work done or they are extraordinariuly beautiful without the work -- exceptions. That has little to do with them as people and more to do about the people who want a world full of vacuous Barbies.

That said, it's no longer a "bad thing" when women enjoy their independence, their own space, her own life, their own homes, and have cultivated themselves in a manner that brings them self-fulfilment. These women also tend to save well, invest well, have their own place(s) that isn't tied to a deadbeat, have more economic freedom that an older man has (especially if he is middle age and starts with a whole new family with his mid-crisis bride and that fails). Why do you think this special brand of deadbeats seeks these women? They don't value them for their true worth because they're selfish azzholes who want to live off the hardwork of somebody else (and that's happeiness?). It doesn't have anything to do with who she is and how she feels about herself.

Women are no longer obliged to give a flying fudge about anybody's dreadful lack of self-awareness.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > who are feminists?