Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > who are feminists?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JGL209
Msg: 101
view profile
History
who are feminists? Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Who are feminist? Fat and ugly trigglypuffs who don't get any penis or like pink wantons because they're born that way. j/k
 Inicia
Msg: 102
who are feminists?
Posted: 5/20/2018 5:44:30 AM
attractions to "superficial" and "shallow" focused on advertising, packaging, and more bang for your buck- the end meets the beginning.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 103
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/15/2018 6:15:40 PM
I'm going to say something that I've said a thousand billion ga-jillion f-cking times. Let's see who has a light-bulb go on in their heads:

Feminism is about good, legitimate, justified things. Or at least originally...or at it's core...or is supposed to be. Heck I don't know.

The reason for almost all of the arguments in here or anywhere else on this topic (which is the same for many declared formal groups and causes)...is because -

Firstly, you have all of the true and praiseworthy tenets and causes.

Secondly, you have a lot of stuff which is twisted illogical information and ways of arguing...deceptive, untrue, manipulative, and unfair...which are the results of people trying too hard to passionately and recklessly push their agenda, carelessly straying very far from anything that is legitimate or praiseworthy.

Thirdly, you have claims, attitudes, stances, and pursuits which flat-out wouldn't be related to praiseworthy feminism at all...but they aren't the result of being carelessly passionate, but instead from a percentage of the feminist community having a complete misunderstanding of the concepts to start with.

Though the second thing would need addressing, I'm focusing here on the third thing.

WHY would you have this misunderstanding of concepts or mis-education? It really...truly...literally...is because of the NAME. The name "Feminism".

And I do NOT mean because the name denotes some kind of female-orientedness. I am NOT referring to it not being some kind of gender-neutral all-equality title. That's not it.

I'm talking about something else. And I still can't believe that it's not obvious to more people, and I can't believe no one is stepping up to address it. There is an important necessary logic to linguistic structure. Words represent concepts, and the word-symbols for concepts must be evolved correctly whenever possible. Concerning word-derivation and the consequences of etymology...the names "Feminism" and "Feminist" are quite bizarre. They don't make sense as a name for this movement. It's like calling a watermelon "4 feet high" or a measurement "watermelon".

Simply because of this name, believe it or not, MANY people believe it to be about things which it isn't or shouldn't be about, and MANY people believe concepts that are just plain wrong.

How can this happen if people don't know things about word-derivation and etymology? How can it have this effect even though people don't know about word-derivation and etymology? It doesn't matter. It matters squat. Even if it's unconscious and not understood, the adoption and use of our words have a HUGE affect...whether we know it or not. It's still there, and it still does it's thing. We all still have, even if unconsciously and subliminally, some degree of understanding of linguistics...because it's already built into the structure of linguistics per how we use them and the relationship between linguistics and mental concepts.

So the movement as a whole has a ton of infection and bullshit from these other people, and it's always affecting the total perception of the whole thing. It's always affecting and undermining the potential for any good being done. They're carried along by the collective momentum, inevitably ushering in and ushering along a very significant percentage which really is no more than "the bad guys". The "bad guys" being a sub-community which is so misdirected that one could claim that they're intentional moles trying to sabotage the whole enterprise.

But guess what - It's the feminist's own fault. It's because of "Feminism" in the first place. They created this. They're not innocent. This phenomena didn't come from the outside with ill-intentions...it came from within. And from something as simple as the name. The name "Feminism". That very name, because of word-derivation-logic, implies a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with feminism and is counter to it.

And no one is stepping-up. No one is claiming responsibility. No one is trying to do anything about it. Instead of making an owning-up effort to change the name so that the wrong things aren't implied, all they say is that we must accept the name and "get over it". They try to solve the problem by just redefining what the name means ex nihilo, with no regard to proper linguistics. It's not because of a stupid hang-up over the name...it's not because the name is female-oriented. Not AT ALL. It's because the linguistics generate something very different in one's mind than what it's claimed that it's supposed to be...and if feminists can't understand this or don't want to address it, then that A) makes a person think that these bad things really are part of their whole agenda, or B) makes them not worthy of any recognition for not trying to clean their own house and fix some crap that is part of their own damned movement.

Seriously...I wish someone would send this stuff that I write on this to influential feminists or feminist spokespersons. They need to fucking think about it already geez. Emma Watson...read this already bitch. Shit, you wanna speak for it, then do something. Fuck.

You fucking people out there in POF land who claim to be for feminism...if you really are, then prove it and get off of your god damned ass and send this shit to the right people who might make a good change. Do it. I said do it woman! Either do it or get your therefore worthless ass in the kitchen and make me a damned sammich. Better have fucking mustard on it too. And take your shoes off first. You go in there, you go barefoot.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 104
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/16/2018 6:43:28 PM

I can never understand why any woman would not want to be known as a feminist.

Because I enjoy reading, not being property, being able to vote, getting an education, having a job, protecting myself from pregnancy, having a female doctor who knows my anatomy, being able to speak publicly, having the ability to use a public restroom without fearing men assaulting me, I could go on and on and on.

I frankly am disgusted by men who are dumb and narcissistic enough to be a burden on a woman all his young life and then turn tail to betray his mother by stripping all her kind of autonomy. Such men are cancers on humanity and women should remove their dastardly genes from the pool, permanently, by refusing them access to our reproductive capacity. I further suggest only extremely weak men fear free women.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 105
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/18/2018 3:48:56 AM
^^^ No man is afraid of a free woman. What’s to be afraid of? Strong and independent is sexy.
 Tech30
Msg: 106
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/18/2018 6:58:33 AM
Women are no longer obliged to give a flying fudge about anybody's dreadful lack of self-awareness.

You sound like one of those women. The reason those women tend to be independent, is that men dont want them , so they have to be.
Its good to be able to be happy by yourself, I think if you cant be then you shouldnt look for someone to be miserable with. You can easily tell you're one of those miserable women who pretends to be so happy being independent.

Look how you talk about all men because of the crappy ones you chose. Sure the media mostly shows young and gorgeous women , but thats because they market to 20 year old men lots of the time. Lots of guys like women who dont need makeup and still look great. Unfortunately lots of women as they age need it because of life choices. Not staying healthy, drinking, smoking, and so on.

So yes men age better. Men become happy with themselves and yes we learn to avoid women who are miserable and those are the ones who thought they were hot stuff in their 20s but then ages badly. So yes men will also tend to date younger women when they hit they mid 30s because they have th resources and want women who can still make healthy children.

If youre an older woman and find yourself alone with no kids and trying to pretend you love being alone and independent and you dont need any POS , low life men, then its because you made bad choices and only less desirable men will now settle for you.
 Tech30
Msg: 107
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/18/2018 7:05:14 AM
the whole point in feminism is to destroy the role of men and women, it wasn't natural for women to be submissive to men.

so what if they broke up abusive patriarchal schemas during that process. and its men destroying the world, pretty sure they are the ones sending people out to war and ruining ecosystems with their greed.

Yes men are so horrible.

Everything you enjoy in life today is because of men. Even men decided to let women vote. ....
Men were the ones taking on the majority of risk when first settling anywhere. They had to build homes and roads is horrible conditions while the women stayed in shelter.

Men do go to war.... to protect their women from invaders.
Men create civilizations , and women complain .
Men come up with ways to reverse damage done to the earth by past generations, but women complain their haircuts cost more.
Feminists want men to be feminized. So many men today cant change a car tire, let alone fight to defend their family if they needed to.
Its not men that destroy societies, its feminists and social justice warriors.
There is nothing wrong with masculinity , its the purple, orange, blue , pink and or blue haired beasts we need to worry about.
 feirene
Msg: 108
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/18/2018 8:36:40 AM
Well i wasn't around in history to comfirm anything being said.
But this is the important bit: You are taking men to mean men in general when i'm just pointing the finger at who i think is to blame. Because who has a history of sending people to war?
Luckily for me history lessons ignore just about anything women did. This includes the good as well as the bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrnmBLB-UX4
The Land of No Men: Inside Kenya's Women-Only Village
 2ufo
Msg: 109
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/18/2018 12:49:05 PM

Everything you enjoy in life today is because of men. Even men decided to let women vote. ....
Men were the ones taking on the majority of risk when first settling anywhere. They had to build homes and roads is horrible conditions while the women stayed in shelter.

Men do go to war.... to protect their women from invaders.
Men create civilizations , and women complain .
Men come up with ways to reverse damage done to the earth by past generations, but women complain their haircuts cost more.
Feminists want men to be feminized. So many men today cant change a car tire, let alone fight to defend their family if they needed to.

Wow. Just.... awed at this claim.
Wow.
F*cking awed.
 feirene
Msg: 110
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/18/2018 1:32:32 PM

Wow. Just.... awed at this claim.
Wow.
F*cking awed.

I know, should i leave a sarcastic but truthful reply to counteract it?

Men do go to war
.... so they can become mentally ill and women have to deal with that when they come back; by either being their abused, or their supporters when they need that. Or hey what about the ones who lost their husbands, brothers, fathers, or fiances and had to live without them? oh yeah conveniently forgot those too, but thank you for forcing us to learn how to live without men we get close to because we were never independent before any wars were we. Also they got us to make their weapons, they got us to dress up sexy to give them something to look forward while out there dealing with war, they raped people because they had to devalue life to even be able to fight in a war, they killed innocent people, left families without fathers, destroyed cities, blew up hospitals and schools, didn't even let women go to war because we are weak and not considered psychopathic enough to devalue others. And let us not forget that most people who started wars were men. Uncle Sam needs you, definitely a man.

Men create
patriarchs women complain, so do some men.

Er, idk what to even say to this. I do my own hair and it costs me hardly anything so kind of out of touch with this sentence. But men definitely own big businesses that destroy whole environments, it's pretty much a part of capitalism and this was based on patriarchy.

Women should be able to change a tyre if they have a car, they should be able to a lot of the seemingly important things in life like have basic life skills that don't leave them dependent on other, but the industrial revolution meant that life skills prettymuch started dying off then as skills needed for employment died out. Only the poor tended to have be self reliant and so retained many of those skills, nowadays disposability means that these skills are also dying out, capitalism. Men should be allowed to look after others and care about them and have feelings, yeah that is feminisation but i think it's a good way to be feminised.

Good coz your societies are sh1t anyway and needed to be more inclusive of womens rights, as well as disabled people and POC.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 111
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/18/2018 10:19:08 PM
What people often don’t realize is that civilizations that developed the concept of personal property gave birth to inequalities. Before that our hunting and gathering ancestors lived in a fiercely egalitarian society in which men and women both had rights and people shared everything.
 Tech30
Msg: 112
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/21/2018 4:30:50 PM
YOu also realize that everyone had to contribute right? If someone wouldnt contribute they wouldnt get a share . Men and women also had different roles as men are better at certain things and women at others. Which is something feminists deny.

So while it may be a nice thought to have everyone share everything, we know that some will do all the work and some will leach off the rest. Such as welfare recipients ......
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 113
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/21/2018 6:13:49 PM

Because I enjoy reading, not being property, being able to vote, getting an education, having a job, protecting myself from pregnancy, having a female doctor who knows my anatomy, being able to speak publicly, having the ability to use a public restroom without fearing men assaulting me, I could go on and on and on.

I frankly am disgusted by men who are dumb and narcissistic enough to be a burden on a woman all his young life and then turn tail to betray his mother by stripping all her kind of autonomy. Such men are cancers on humanity and women should remove their dastardly genes from the pool, permanently, by refusing them access to our reproductive capacity. I further suggest only extremely weak men fear free women.

Real and good men do not fear independent strong women. In fact, the two have often paired with each other in the past...throughout history...because they share these traits. What real and good men steer away from is wrong and screwed-up women trying to disguise their wrongness and screwed-up-ness as being independent and strong; Using their alleged pretentious independence and strong-ness as an excuse for their wrongness and screwed-up-ness.

What people often don’t realize is that civilizations that developed the concept of personal property gave birth to inequalities. Before that our hunting and gathering ancestors lived in a fiercely egalitarian society in which men and women both had rights and people shared everything.

In what I'd call the "recent modern society", things are/were almost still the same way. Inevitably, people will take on different roles, because each person can't do everything. But for many it was still a shared group endeavor. However, this has been mischaracterized and exaggerated as inequality and oppression in ways that just isn't true.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Who are dating-cheapskates and feminists-in-name-only?
Posted: 6/22/2018 3:56:14 AM

So while it may be a nice thought to have everyone share everything, we know that some will do all the work and some will leach off the rest. Such as welfare recipients ......

Yeah, it reminds me of the average dating cheapskate; wants to go 'halfsies' or 'dutch,' but the entire responsibility of "keeping him" means wear-n-tear on her vagina, keeping him fed and clean at home, and entertaining him, while he swipes right to hotties nearly half his age.

It isn't worth the cup of Starbuck's sludge or a halfsies on dinner at Capital Grille. No, thank you.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 115
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/22/2018 5:56:34 AM
Tech30 - its clear from what you are saying you dont know that there are numerous wings of feminism, each with their own approach and stances on gender roles. You paint feminists with one brush and speak as sone self appointed expert but its clear to anyone even remotely familiar with feminist theory you never read even a simple wikipedia entry on the topic. Your ego is way bigger than your knowledge, mayhe thats part od your issue with women.
 reverendswine
Msg: 116
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/22/2018 10:12:22 AM

Tech30 - its clear from what you are saying you dont know that there are numerous wings of feminism, each with their own approach and stances on gender roles. You paint feminists with one brush and speak as sone self appointed expert but its clear to anyone even remotely familiar with feminist theory you never read even a simple wikipedia entry on the topic. Your ego is way bigger than your knowledge, mayhe thats part od your issue with women.

Yes, because men have nothing better to do than endlessly study the "complexities" of women and attempt to understand why they can't agree on issues instead of having "numerous wings".

Your pretentiousness knows no bounds.
 Tech30
Msg: 117
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/22/2018 10:24:54 AM

I dont have an issue with women. I avoid the nuts and date the decent ones. I don know there are different feminists but todays movement is about entitlement and special privilege for women, as well as demonizing masculinity , feminizing boys and demolishing natural gender roles.

Some will claim its just about equality.... well women have that. So good job
 Tech30
Msg: 118
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/22/2018 10:27:54 AM
To most men or even most women as well, feminists are the women Al bundy and his friends made a group for. "no ma'am"

I find it funny most women avoid the feminist label because of how fractured feminism is. Feminists cant decide on what they are actually about and what they want... .

Men are best off avoiding women who claim to be feminists.
 Fated2B
Msg: 119
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/22/2018 6:17:53 PM

Men are best off avoiding women who claim to be feminists.

Amen.
And I've know more than a few that are more in line with classic feminists (who I can actually have an intelligent convo with)
But yes, sadly, the majority of the time a feminist is damaged goods best avoided like the plague
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 120
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/22/2018 7:21:48 PM

Yes, because men have nothing better to do than endlessly study the "complexities" of women and attempt to understand why they can't agree on issues instead of having "numerous wings".

Your pretentiousness knows no bounds.

calling people with a passion to learn "pretentious" make you feel better about your choice to remain ignorant, hey? I suppose you can go about life making excuses for your laziness and willful stupidity, but don't think other people will buy your attempt to frame it as a positive trait LOL
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 121
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/22/2018 7:29:51 PM

I find it funny most women avoid the feminist label because of how fractured feminism is. Feminists cant decide on what they are actually about and what they want... .

Dont assume what women say to YOU is the same as what they say to other women.

Women will discount feminism in front of MEN to appeal to them, but among women that's not the case. Most women ARE feminist, and its VERY easy to prove: the majority of woman would NEVER want a return to life before feminism. They do NOT want to lose their right to vote, get an education, have access to birth control or jobs. And men, for all their crap talking about feminism, wouldn't want a return to that world either. They LIKE being able to have sex with women without having to worry about a shot gun wedding because he made her pregnant. Most men LIKE having a woman that can speak with some intelligence, and can add to the economic security of their home.

I do find it odd that men get more worked up over feminists being upset with men for the abuse they have survived, than with fellow men for actually creating a world where so many are abused. That's a massive red flag someone's empathy and sense of priorities is extremely.
I never met a man who complained about feminism that wasn't a sexist. Just like I never met a white person who complained about civil rights that wasn't a racist.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 122
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/22/2018 7:47:18 PM
Damn. You really are in a bubble aren't you?
 reverendswine
Msg: 123
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/25/2018 4:28:35 AM

calling people with a passion to learn "pretentious" make you feel better about your choice to remain ignorant, hey? I suppose you can go about life making excuses for your laziness and willful stupidity, but don't think other people will buy your attempt to frame it as a positive trait LOL

Spare me, MadameMotormouth. There is no compelling reason for me to learn about the "numerous wings" of feminism. The fact crackpots like you find "numerous wings" necessary for the singular concept of equality speaks volumes.

I have better things to do, like actually enjoying life (a novel concept, I know), as opposed to you, who chose to spend a Friday night on a dating forum playing the usual role of perpetual victim, yet you have the unmitigated gall to speak of stupidity. Do you ever post about anything else? Anything?? Ever???

Come on, now. Cook us up another predictable feminist buzzword filled tirade. "PATRIARCHY!!, MISOGYNIST!!, SEXIST!!....BLAAAAAAARGHHH!!!" Just don't call me a pig, though. That would really sting. Ouchie.

Get over yourself.
 backcreek7
Msg: 124
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/25/2018 7:53:11 AM
UGH !! Me Tarzan ~ You Jane

If you have a problem with that, speak to Cheetah here ( he'll set you straight )
ouuuu ~ ouuuu ~ ouuuu ~ ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh !!!

wear - n - tear on her vagina

^^^ poor thing, we ( us male apes ) will kiss it & make it feel better ...
col ( chuckle out loud )

^^^ Wow ! wouldn't you know it, this reminds me of a song I like ... ( now don't try this @ home )

SHOCK THE MONKEY by Peter Gabriel

> turn it up ^
 Tech30
Msg: 125
view profile
History
who are feminists?
Posted: 6/25/2018 10:58:47 AM
Dont assume what women say to YOU is the same as what they say to other women.

Women will discount feminism in front of MEN to appeal to them, but among women that's not the case. Most women ARE feminist, and its VERY easy to prove: the majority of woman would NEVER want a return to life before feminism. They do NOT want to lose their right to vote, get an education, have access to birth control or jobs. And men, for all their crap talking about feminism, wouldn't want a return to that world either. They LIKE being able to have sex with women without having to worry about a shot gun wedding because he made her pregnant. Most men LIKE having a woman that can speak with some intelligence, and can add to the economic security of their home.

I do find it odd that men get more worked up over feminists being upset with men for the abuse they have survived, than with fellow men for actually creating a world where so many are abused. That's a massive red flag someone's empathy and sense of priorities is extremely.
I never met a man who complained about feminism that wasn't a sexist. Just like I never met a white person who complained about civil rights that wasn't a racist.

Wow I've you hit all the modern feminist BS check marks in one post.

Men are abusive and ruin everything....all women are feminist but lie to men about it..... life was horrible for women but amazing for men and now women want their cake ....

First of all, where is your proof that most women are feminist? Polls and studies show that only a small , tiny percent are or consider themselves feminists , because they think modern feminists arent fighting for equality anymore. WHich is true. feminists now are taking jobs away from women just because feminists dont like attractive women. Grid girls? gone. even though it was a womans choice to do the job and it made them feel empowered.... oh no, the ugly feminists wont have it...

You know that women didnt vote or go to school for a long time because back when peopel were coming to north america and settling, the environment was harsh and it was the men doing the harder and deadly tasks to keep their families alive and fed right? The world was a much different place.

When things were settled and life started to get easier, women had access to education and it was MEN that said , hey why shouldnt women vote? Lets let them have a say too.

Men build civilizations, society and so on. Sure there was war but it was men who protected their land , and families.

Economic security... Yes men love when women can contribute, but women , if they make more than their man, will usually leave him because they cant respect a man who doestn earn as much as she does. Its in a womans nature to look for a provider.

As for abuse numbers..... SOME men abuse women.... not ALL. just as SOME women abuse men.

also stats show that lesbian relationships are the most abusive there are. Stats also show women are more abusive towards their children. The number of abusive mothers rises when you look at single moms.

Women wouldnt have been able to survive without men, and they still wouldnt today. MOST women know this. only feminists will claim otherwise.

You might notice a lot of feminists on this site stay single on this site for years. Men are tired of you. We dont need feminists or want them
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > who are feminists?