Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Virginia  > POF Party Jan 12th Big House Red playing at TG's Steakhouse & Saloon      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 joe27939
Msg: 13
Springer will be filming!Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This POF group is a new LOW. I attended the last event at Knuckleheads. I live in NC and drove 65 miles in the poring rain. When I got there I should have turned around and headed home. I was looking for a parking place and drove around the building to the front entrance. The bouncers had tossed a guy out on his back and almost into my car. This was just the start of a bizarre evening.

I went into the smoky den and after a bit sat at the bar. I was located next to a woman, let’s call her Sue. We were having a decent conversation and I was enjoying the company. After a bit a woman lets call her Godzilla came up and started to talk to Sue. I diverted my attention, after all I consider myself a gentleman and their conversation was none of my business. After awhile Godzilla left and I immediately noticed a change in composure Sue had towards me. A few minutes later she seemed agitated and moved away from the bar leaving her drink I bought her. Low and behold Godzilla returned and leaned offer my shoulder saying “I know her, you have NO CHANCE, she is out of your league”. I will never again expose myself to such a low class of people. There is usually a reason people are single.

I can only assume that Godzilla is a Lesbian and wanted Sue for herself. Please enjoy your freak show. Springer would be shocked!
 anglergrl
Msg: 14
Joe 27939...you are in my prayers
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:02:16 PM
Hmmm...having witnessed your "discussion" with the with both the woman at the bar and the other person with whom you had the altercation with, I myself was a bit taken aback at your choice of words in your parting discussion.

When I was a small child, my mother would have washed my mouth out with soap and water for what came out of your mouth that evening.

I personally do not consider these gatherings a "freak show" but an opportunity to meet and find friends in this adventure we call life. Is love out there? I am not concerned about that - that is in God's hands. I the meantime, I will continue to make friends as I did that night at Knuckleheads, and will continue to assist in planning these get togethers in the future.

Freak show? Hardly. Low class of people? Nope.

Bless you Joe27939 - I wont let you take away my joy...nor my peace. Nor did you have to sign up.

Blessings, Denise
 happyUs
Msg: 15
POF Party Jan 12th Big House Red playing at TG's Steakhouse & Saloon
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:06:21 PM
if anyone see me (brett) say hi it my first pof party, and i live in newport news but only been to this website a few months from u professional pof
 anglergrl
Msg: 16
Springer will be filming!
Posted: 1/7/2008 6:23:21 PM
This was at December's party at Knuckleheads.
 Goldie Girl
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:37:04 AM
hey sorry you feel that way Joe, I have met a lot of nice people ..and yes that happens here now in this world.. we all get shamed on...sorry that some are not as polite as others, well I hope you dont feel that way about everyone thats kinda bitter... but that shouldnt stop you from meeting new friends ... dust yourself off.. and get up :
 Goldie Girl
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:39:46 AM
hey Mshey...I agreee with you exactly,
 happyUs
Msg: 19
awwww, poor joe27939
Posted: 1/8/2008 3:23:25 PM
Hey ablueEyedblonde and u are so true if u have no confidents in yourself then how can u attract anyone...confidence is sexy and attractive!
 happyUs
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/8/2008 7:43:45 PM
sheri age is not that important so just have fun and be oyurself sweetie
 AvidCyclist
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/9/2008 10:31:10 AM
Was sort of sitting on the edge about this event, mostly from being new to the area but after reading Joe's review this looks to be a do not miss event and levity too!!! Just kidding about Joe's comments, seeing a local pub and meeting new people in the area sounds like fun.

rand
 Goldie Girl
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/9/2008 12:23:48 PM
I am glad you guys are going ,despite Joe's remarks..Its a get together to meet new friends, actually I have been to many, and always have fun... So come on have fun,meet , dance and sing if ya wanna ...I am looking forward to meeting all the new POF'ers...lol >>>>as I say plenty of friends!!!
 anglergrl
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/9/2008 7:29:08 PM
Amen!

It is an awesome way to meet new friends and I honestly have had fun whenever I have attended a function. I will call tomorrow to ensure that they set aside some tables for us...and will keep you posted.

As for being older? Hey I am 44 and I still have a nice time...I just take a Geritol shot instead of tequila!

I am looking forward to meeting all the new folks.

We have to get this organized a bit on the peninsula.

Denise
 Goldie Girl
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:35:32 AM
hey I am already 50.....
 bill_fxdse
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2008 3:16:41 PM
Should I wear the coat?
 Goldie Girl
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/11/2008 9:11:49 AM
Oh No... please not the coat... I am not sure if I will make it..sorry I would love to meet everyone... but prior commitments I know you guys will have a blast
 Stocked well
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:18:27 PM
what a great way to meet new folks and party as well. Will bring 2 new freinds that want to sign on the site as well . My first outing with ,looking forward to a fun night. Thank you
 boatflyguy
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/12/2008 6:37:11 AM
I read your earlier responce about being older than most, don't worry I'm planning on being there and I'm old as dirt, so I'll take the pressure off of you. Rex
 imjustasinger
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/12/2008 9:01:41 AM
Hi, Denise !
Thanks for posting and getting the word out about tonight.
My band, Big House Red, is pumped up and ready to rock.
It is real easy to find TG's.
From the southside: If you take I-64 west toward Richmond, after you cross over
the Mercury Blvd overpass, take the second exit ( 261A) Hampton Roads Center
Parkway West. The AMC 24 theatre is on the right, after you turn. At the 3rd stop light ( The new farmers market is on the right) the road changes to Harpersville Rd. Keep going straight. The forth light should be Jefferson Ave, turn left.
Go through one light ( Dresden Dr) and start looking on the left for TG's Steakhouse
and Saloon. There is a lighted marque at the parking lot.
So, it is only 2 turns off of interstate.
TG's number is 599-0301. My cell number is 660-7104.
Hope to see you all there, Steve
 anglergrl
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/12/2008 3:56:23 PM
There will be a table marked POF for us to locate each other at the restaurant. We just will only be able to hold it till nine, so get there at nine so we can keep it :)

Denise
 anglergrl
Msg: 34
POF Party Jan 12th
Posted: 1/13/2008 6:51:17 AM
Well I am glad that folks had a great time, I am sorry however that it was so smokey in there! Egads they need to work on their ventilation system. Does anyone have any ideas for something else we could do on the Peninsula?

Denise
 imjustasinger
Msg: 35
POF Party Jan 12th
Posted: 1/13/2008 11:52:58 AM
Thanks Denise,
Everyone seemed to have a really good time.
The band enjoyed the crowd and there was a nice vibe to the room.
I did get to meet a few of you and hope to make the next gathering.
Keep on fishin', there are some good catches out there ! Steve
 happyUs
Msg: 36
POF Party Jan 12th
Posted: 1/13/2008 7:29:03 PM
I thought it was too smokey, crowded, and i had hard time finding any pof people...no were to sit until later.....I thought it was the wrong place to have it and wrong nite...I have a bad cold from all the smoke and i'm pretty healthy too.

I did have a good time which the 6 pof member i met finally! The band was good too!

I did have fun with talking to deb, Linda, shannon, and etc

Brett
 bill_fxdse
Msg: 37
view profile
History
POF Party Jan 12th
Posted: 1/14/2008 6:20:27 AM
Man, all these different opinions! (you know what they say about that) I for one had a fantastic time! I for one had no trouble finding people to talk/hang out with! I think the place was perfect! Lets face it smoke is a fact of life at a nightclub! (at least right now) Somone who takes the time and effort to plan such an event should be commended! Thanks Denise for a great time.

P.S. Thanks for not having us wear stupid nametags (that's so cheesy)
 anglergrl
Msg: 38
POF Party Jan 12th
Posted: 1/15/2008 6:05:21 PM
OK the next event is going to be in a coffee house from seven to nine for a meet and greet in City Center, then if people want to hang out at a bar they can move to Red Star.

How about that?

Denise
 bill_fxdse
Msg: 39
view profile
History
POF Party Jan 12th
Posted: 1/16/2008 5:57:47 AM
Hey, Red Star is kind of upidy (is that a word?) and I don't know if they have dancing? (always a good icebreaker) What about the Cactus or Bay-Haven? (by the Harley dealership) I'll go wherever the crowd is though!
 Goldie Girl
Msg: 40
POF Party Jan 12th
Posted: 1/17/2008 6:18:54 AM
hey not sure where she Angerlgrl is talking about... I am planning on having a V day get together Feb 15th at sneeky petes... best DJ ever to dance too... or I am going to call bakers street see what they have going on ..a band or sing a longs ..lol either one we will have fun.... look for the post soon....
Show ALL Forums  > Virginia  > POF Party Jan 12th Big House Red playing at TG's Steakhouse & Saloon