Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 susan_cd
Msg: 112
Where does it say - in the Bible - that pre-marital sex is restricted?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

the first is sex for money at the man's request

Or at the woman's request; women aren't all pure innocent creatures that become corrupted by a man's influence... there are also women that use the services of male prostitutes.

I guess oral and anal sex are OK between unmarried persons
and I guess, like Bill Clinton, some people don't think something done for sexual gratification is sex unless it includes vaginal penetration. --go figure.

The post you're quoting was in response to heartofsnow's post to "look up the definitionof fornication". I did, and posted the definition here...the definition doesn't cover anal & oral sex, which was my point. As to Bill Clinton, since he had to keep what he did a secret from Hillary, it was automatically cheating on her, whatever occured in the office.

So going by your post, is maturbation wrong as well?
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 114
textual support?
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:45:43 PM
from post # 158:

The subject matter of this debate is the validity of scriptural support via the Holy Bible, for justifying the concept of either sex outside of marriage or as scriptures have been listed thus far via this debate, it is Biblically illegal to have sex outside of marriage!

... or are you suggesting that women don't occasionally want some no strings attached sex ??

According to scripture such females are defined as WHORES or HARLOTS period whether one likes the terms or not! Not being down on anyone but that is the Biblical definition of any female who engages in sex outside of marriage whether she works in a brothel or has sex with her boyfriend outside of marriage!

Now due to such a warped society as N.A. presents generally contrasted to a few holdouts like the devout Amish and a few Catholics, the lawyers and courts haven't helped anyone with the condoning of divorce for little if no just cause; but that is the breaks!

Before anyone gets offended you ought to realize we can post the scriptures that substain the concept of a man being called a WHOREMONGER and a woman being called a WHORE or HARLOT based upon any sex outside of marriage. I will say due to the WARPED marriage system in this nation there are many who regard their commitment to another stronger who are co-habiting contrasted to some who have and do abuse the sanctity of the marriage covenant!
 susan_cd
Msg: 115
textual support?
Posted: 8/10/2009 5:49:26 AM

or are you suggesting that women don't occasionally want some no strings attached sex ??

According to scripture such females are defined as WHORES or HARLOTS period whether one likes the terms or not! [/quote}

Oh? Well, I'm not an expert on the Bible, but if the women were not receiving payment for the sex, they wouldn't be "whores" so in such cases the bible would be wrong.

What does the Bible call males with that attitude? Or are the men not given such classifications because the bible was written by men?
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 116
textual support?
Posted: 8/10/2009 11:52:58 AM
Whoremonger by most Biblical students refers to a man having sex outside of marriage:

http://www.bible.com/bibleanswers_result.php?id=256

Thease scriptures from the King James Version identify WHOREMONGERS as contrary to God's will; According to the Bible:

Ephesians 5:5
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Ephesians 5:4-6 (in Context) Ephesians 5 (Whole Chapter)
1 Timothy 1:10
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
1 Timothy 1:9-11 (in Context) 1 Timothy 1 (Whole Chapter)
Hebrews 13:4
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
Hebrews 13:3-5 (in Context) Hebrews 13 (Whole Chapter)
Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 21:7-9 (in Context) Revelation 21 (Whole Chapter)
Revelation 22:15
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Revelation 22:14-16 (in Context) Revelation 22 (Whole Chapter)

See also this site:

http://www.righteouswarriors.com/controversial/article10.html

See also this website on WHOREMONGER, notice in #8 WHORE is Biblically defined as NOT nessasarily a PROSTITUTE but sex outside of marriage; yep unfaithful wives are whores as unfaithful husbands are WHOREMONGERS by some definitions:

http://jesus-messiah.com/html/fornication-meaning.html

Again NOT passing Judgment yet making a judgment as the Savior commanded Christians to do on this subject!
 susan_cd
Msg: 117
textual support?
Posted: 8/10/2009 9:14:08 PM

making a judgment as the Savior commanded Christians to do on this subject

Didn't he say "judge not lest ye be judged" and "let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone" ?
 lovinvixen
Msg: 118
textual support?
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:46:35 AM
As this does pertain to the debate in that we are making judgments about whether Pre-marital sex is scripturally wrong, I list a few scriptures according to the New Testament that are PRO Judge or rather making judgments since the apparent superficial have missed this or rather choose to twist the scriptures for their ungodly agenda!

So many like to edit the Bible and exclude scriptures they would rather NOT hear nor do they care to follow!

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

John 8:26
I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

John 8:50
And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

John 12:48
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Acts 4:19
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

Acts 7:7
And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve me in this place.

Acts 13:20
And after that he gave unto them judges about the space of four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet.

Acts 13:46
Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

Acts 16:15
And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Acts 17:31
Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Revelation 18:8
Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Matthew 12:18
Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

Matthew 12:20
A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Matthew 12:41
The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Matthew 23:23
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

John 5:22
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 5:27
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 7:24
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

John 8:16
And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

AND....there are many more scriptures regarding positive usage of JUDGING that I have omitted. It is my judgment that many like various denominations highlight what they would like to emphasize while omitting like crossing out scripture with a black magic marker of that which they care NOT to follow. And on this Pre-Marital Sex issue is that exactly what many Carnal Christiand do so often and what is their fate at the end of this life for not following their Lord's precepts and teachings?
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 119
Where does it say - in the Bible - that pre-marital sex is restricted?
Posted: 8/21/2009 3:45:05 PM
Every culture on Earth has had their own morality based upon myths and tradition usually. What we are concerned with via this topic are the sanctions against pre-marital sex from both Hebrew and Christian documents, namely the Bible.

As the USA is NOT a Christian country when it comes to sexuality most of the time when one meets a suitor you do not nessasarily know where they are coming from!
 Inicia
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/23/2009 12:34:50 AM
ummm... IMHO>>>>doesn't the christain tenent state we are all a bunch of worthless sinning losers... not just the adulters and whores and whore mongers or sexually immoral. In this nation state and global state of affairs it seems that we might focus a little less on "sin" which IMO wasn't intended as a battering ram for judgement and legalism to run our lives but a way to gauge whether we were missing the mark for individual introspection. Jesus said the way was inside of each of us-- not go check with your neighbor and see what he says and be convicted by your neighbor's heart. and fight amongst yourselves however he did predict that he would bring this kind of strife.... and B...S..
It actually says in the bible that all is permissible but all may not be the best for you... if it wasn't 3:30 in the morining I would look up the the biblical passages but not into it right now. night all...
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/24/2009 3:27:24 PM
From post # 172:

This is still a Christian country. We have turned from God. We have taken God out of our basis for law, we have taken God out of our basis for school, and we have taken God out of our basis for marriage.

No...NO... and DOUBLE-KNOW, ...this was never a Christian country *IF* you devotedly study the documents!

IE. Pervert Jefferson wrote a feralized version of the Bible and felt Christianity was a great SCAM! He also lied when he wrote in our founding document "...all men were created equal..." whereupon he kept his slaves and furthermore three black familys trace their lineage back to him!

IE. at the Treaty of Tripoli the Americans signed a document saying 'this was NOT a Christian Nation'!

*IF* you have studied and thought about whom the Early Colonists were, you have contemplated that they were HERETICS or committing Blasphemy as most if not all the sects of Christianity here were in some very obvious ways distorted when it came to Biblical values and understanding it's teachings!

The Constitution signers were both leaning toward the sentiment of slavery and the times; that being religious desention from the Early corupt Church!

Maybe you are talking about Washington's adultery to Martha as being Biblical like David's affair with Bathsheba. Or, Saint Benjamen Franklin who's whoremongering was legendary..........but please do not blaspheme the Bible and tell the lie that this was ever a trully Christian nation!

As far as Sex and the restrictictions Biblically sanctioned; *IF* you are following this thread you well know many have listed scriptures against pre-marital sex already; and that evidence keeps this topic in many people's mind as many want to do the right thing!
 lovinvixen
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/25/2009 6:02:23 PM
Perhaps you don't understand what scoundrels the founding fathers actually were;

1) Andrew Jackson's mother had been a prostitute for the British in the Revolution. And his marriage according to the History channel was a farce to most Americans in his time as according to Law her previous husband did never give consent to her divorce. According to the History Channel on Jackon as President not only was his mother a whore but he married one; see the film!

2) Perhaps you don't realize how low life our country started out as there were 'camp followers' or rather prostitutes serving out troops!

3) And it's getting off the subject, but over 45 so-called Christian delegates ratified the original constitution allowing the slavery admendment contrasting oou bold lie of Freedom; rather Jefferson's words "...All men are created Equal..."

The right thing is to control your sexual drive, and not let it control you. God intended a lifelong one man one woman bond.

Then you reject or omitt the document where King David was told that polygamy was ordained by Jehovah by a man who was seen as more Godly than a Levite Preist in David's Time? Isn't that what most of the heredical religions did in the Early colonies? Blaspheming the Bible by omitting scriptures they didn't want to follow!

Then you reject the prophecy of the '...seven women will come to one man...' in the latter days as feminism is going to turn on those ungodly females!

Christians need to get real about our nation's true history, and realize the ungodly practice of pre-marital sex according to John in Revelation is not going to get them into the Kingdom of God *if* John's account is correct!
 Taztiger72
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2009 10:04:23 PM
When will everyone realize we who call ourselves Christians are just like the Jews of
the New Testament?

Sadducees: - noun
Sadducees, sect of Jews formed around the time of the Hasmonean revolt (c.200 B.C.). Little is known concerning their beliefs, but according to Josephus Flavius, they upheld only the authority of the written law, and not the oral tradition held by the Pharisees. They are believed to have had a small following, drawn primarily from the upper classes. Eventually, they reached an accommodation with the Pharisees, which allowed them to serve as priests in exchange for acceptance of Pharasitical rulings regarding the law. Their sect was centered on the cult of the Temple, and they ceased to exist after its destruction in A.D. 70.

or

Pharisees: - noun
Pharisees, one of the two great Jewish religious and political parties of the second commonwealth. Their opponents were the Sadducees, and it appears that the Sadducees gave them their name, perushim, Hebrew for "separatists" or "deviants." The Pharisees began their activities during or after the Hasmonean revolt (c.166-142 B.C.). The Pharisees upheld an interpretation of Judaism that was in opposition to the priestly Temple cult. They stressed faith in the one God; the divine revelation of the law both written and oral handed down by Moses through Joshua, the elders, and the prophets to the Pharisees; and eternal life and resurrection for those who keep the law. Pharisees insisted on the strict observance of Jewish law, which they began to codify. While in agreement on the broad outlines of Jewish law, the Pharisees encouraged debate on its fine points, and according to one view, practiced the tradition of zuggot, or pairs of scholars with opposing views. They developed the synagogue as an alternative place of worship to the Temple, with a liturgy consisting of biblical and prophetic readings, and the repetition of the shma, the basic creed of Judaism. In addition, they supported the separation of the worldly and the spiritual spheres, ceding the former to the secular rulers. Though some supported the revolt against Rome in A.D. 70, most did not. One Pharisee was Yohanan ben Zakkai, who fled to Jamnia, where he was instrumental in developing post-Temple Judaism. By separating Judaism from dependence on the Temple cult, and by stressing the direct relation between the individual and God, the Pharisees laid the groundwork for normative rabbinic Judaism. Their influence on Christianity was substantial as well, despite the passages in the New Testament which label the Pharisees "hypocrites" or "offspring of the vipers." St. Paul was originally a Pharisee. After the fall of the Temple (A.D. 70), the Pharisees became the dominant party until c.135.

So Which ONE are you??????

JC did not like either group - they were all hypocrites - if any one did what Christ asked the world would be a much better place. Of course if JC was here today - we would kill him just like the last time - that's why the 2nd coming - he won't let us.

To answer the question - is Pre Marital Sex a Sin - yes it is a Sin - but you would not go to Hell for doing it!!!!! Like eating Shellfish, bottom dwellers, Kosher Food, and issue of Alternative Lifestylist.

Get real people - nothing is new since the days of the Roman Empire - except Electricity for the most part. People and their Alternative Lifestyles have not changed, people also have eaten the same stuff as 2000 years ago.

Taztiger72
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2009 5:57:55 PM

but please do not blaspheme the Bible and tell the lie that this was ever a trully Christian nation!

But under the Articles of Confederation from 1782-1789 each Nation-State had it's own State Church....

Under the US Constitution of 1789 it was set up not to favor any Christian Church over any other - Jefferson won with no religion having rights over any other.

that being religious desention from the Early corupt Church!

I take stand against that remark - I am an Episcopalian - yes the Church of England has its problems and so does the Episcopal Church - but we are not corrupted than any other church.

If you want to split hairs the Episcopalians, Methodists are the Church of England and the Presbyterians are the Church of Scotland - all of which were split from their Mother Churches in 1776.

But this is about Premartial Sex - I still say it is a SIN, but not a sentence to Hell by any means....
 lovinvixen
Msg: 125
Posted: 9/6/2009 3:44:25 PM
*IF* one trully and studiously studies the Bible for a lifetime they will see that not only was the Original Church corrupted in time but all, Did I say All, of the original denominations in the colonies were way out there on tangents; in other words Heredical and Blasphemous of the Scriptures!

And Jefferson DID NOT beleive in Christ, thought it was a SCAM; yet wrote his own feralized Bible! What a pervert!

Speaking on the wrongs of Biblical Pre-Marital Sex, you do know of the SHAKERS who beleived in total abstinence of sexuality and adopted Children until the govt. made laws forbidding it do you not? Yet the made whiskey and Opium and supported their movement from the proceeds.

And then you do know how off the wall, many a century ago were about sexuality (based upon East Coast tradition) contrasted to America today as evidenced by Holly-Weird's emphasis on NO morals regarding sexuality!

We've gone from one perversion to the other side of the pendulum!
 Taztiger72
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:27:24 PM

Original Church corrupted in time but all, Did I say All

The Roman Catholic Church in Western Europe and Church of England (Anglican) created most of the denominations (Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, Reformed, Evangelicals) No Church not corrupted - the Evangelicals who claim in Might is Right, and We are Bible based - so what - they are all human institutions and corrupted.

SHAKERS who beleived in total abstinence of sexuality and adopted Children until the govt. made laws forbidding it do you not?

Yeah, they also made furniture that's worth a fortune. The reason they were forbidden to adopt was the indoctrinated Life Long Abstenance, and they couldn't force anyone to be Abstanant for Life - that's exactly the reason there are no Shakers left...

Holly-Weird's emphasis on NO morals regarding sexuality!

This is the idea of the TALL, DARK and HANDSOME and the mythic "REAL MAN" which leads to look for pure NSA sex and no Morals, or Marriage - degrading everyone to Animal life . The Idea the Bad Boy with several steady lovers is the only way to go.

lovinvixen
Msg: 127
Posted: 9/9/2009 3:55:38 PM
That is about it, you hit a lot of what we have become

Like I get these dudes that either appear as DEAF as they can't seem to read a profile and assimulate what a girl is saying, ALL OF THE TIME!

OR

These dudes who act as if their family was breeding 'tramps' just keep hounding many girls I'm sure with no regard for who they are nor what they have said!

I mean just listen to most of the comments via this thread; most dudes have 'no clue' about what the Bible teaches about sexuality!

A REAL SHAME UPON THEIR PARENTAGE IF THEY LIST ANY CHRISTIAN RELIGION ON THEIR PROFILE DON'T YOU THINK?
 Taztiger72
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2009 4:24:49 PM

A REAL SHAME UPON THEIR PARENTAGE IF THEY LIST ANY CHRISTIAN RELIGION ON THEIR PROFILE DON'T YOU THINK?

Well, they don't go to church, or read the bible in any form - NOT COOL.....

They aren't Christians they are Agnostics at best or even Nihilist......

I'm thinking Nihilists...
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/10/2009 1:56:43 PM
And that is why on this continent we are so fortunate. We have the right and resources to study the Bible. Many in the Earlier centurys of Christianity had not the 66 books to study from; only various teachers and preachers.

It's a crying shame so many who wear the label of Christian have little concept of what it means to be one; for they are toooooo lazy to read the documents they claim to follow about their so-called Lord!

I mean If I belong to any group shouldn't I understand it's veiwpoints and Values?

Strange so many will not go with Christ after this life because of their sexual lifestyle according to John in Revelation!
 Taztiger72
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 5:33:32 PM

Many in the Earlier centurys of Christianity had not the 66 books to study from; only various teachers and preachers.

You must be a true Reformed Protestant? 66 Books - you know who set those 66 books as the Protestant Canon? The Archbishop of Canterbury - in 1870 he set aside the Apocrypha - as a separate book to be USED also - only Reformed Christians threw them out and forgot about them. You actually need a copy of that book too......

It's a crying shame so many who wear the label of Christian have little concept of what it means to be one;

Well the term Christian is a bad word these days - a lot of that comes from Backward thinking and Self Centeredness of the Evangelical movement. People flock to these Churches because Organized Religion is Satan - funny if you are going to any Church doesn't that void your claim? You then are a smaller Organized Religion.

Strange so many will not go with Christ after this life because of their sexual lifestyle

I equate them to the Lepers in the Bible - the Phariseeses, Sadduceses, and Essenes all ignored them and cast them out of the fold - only Jesus had compassion for them. In that case all Christians have devolved into the Phariseeses, Sadduceses, and Essenes and we will all be called Hypocrits.....

logic32272
Msg: 131
Posted: 10/28/2009 2:28:16 PM
There is no Hebrew or Greek word used in the Bible that precisely refers to sex before marriage. The Bible undeniably condemns adultery and sexual immorality, but is sex before marriage considered sexually immoral? According to 1 Corinthians 7:2, “yes” is the clear answer: “But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.” In this verse, Paul states that marriage is the “cure” for sexual immorality. First Corinthians 7:2 is essentially saying that, because people cannot control themselves and so many are having immoral sex outside of marriage, people should get married. Then they can fulfill their passions in a moral way.

Since 1 Corinthians 7:2 clearly includes sex before marriage in the definition of sexual immorality, all of the Bible verses that condemn sexual immorality as being sinful also condemn sex before marriage as sinful. Sex before marriage is included in the biblical definition of sexual immorality. There are numerous Scriptures that declare sex before marriage to be a sin (Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13, 18; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7). The Bible promotes complete abstinence before marriage. Sex between a husband and his wife is the only form of sexual relations of which God approves (Hebrews 13:4).

Far too often we focus on the “recreation” aspect of sex without recognizing that there is another aspect—procreation. Sex within marriage is pleasurable, and God designed it that way. God wants men and women to enjoy sexual activity within the confines of marriage. Song of Solomon and several other Bible passages (such as Proverbs 5:19) clearly describe the pleasure of sex. However, the couple must understand that God’s intent for sex includes producing children. Thus, for a couple to engage in sex before marriage is doubly wrong—they are enjoying pleasures not intended for them, and they are taking a chance of creating a human life outside of the family structure God intended for every child.

While practicality does not determine right from wrong, if the Bible's message on sex before marriage were obeyed, there would be far fewer sexually transmitted diseases, far fewer abortions, far fewer unwed mothers and unwanted pregnancies, and far fewer children growing up without both parents in their lives. Abstinence is God’s only policy when it comes to sex before marriage. Abstinence saves lives, protects babies, gives sexual relations the proper value, and, most importantly, honors God.
 susan_cd
Msg: 133
Posted: 2/23/2010 11:39:48 AM

1 Thessaloians 4:3
" For this is the will of GOD, even your sanctification, that you shouldabstain from fornication."

And yet god can get another man's wife pregnant before the man has had sexual realations with her???

Guess it's a case of "do as I say, not as I do"
 renorob775
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/28/2012 10:38:38 AM
no you are not wrong just like many things in life wither in the good book or just a simple saying it all comes down to how you interpret it and everyone one of has our own interpretation of everything in life its called a mind and some work better then others thank you
 LessonOfLife
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2012 8:03:40 AM
Lady you need to get your facts right about Jefferson.

I am a believer in Christ but in the way that we have been lead to believe, which to follow a strict doctrine that has been turned what it is by man. And there there is not fundamental way it can be interpreted literally. This is why, many in this religion get to cherry pick what they want to believe. Go and read the book The Shack. Then you might understand.

Jefferson cut and paste everything about Jesus. A compilation of the teachings of Jesus extracted textually from the Gospels.

He eliminated supernatural aspects as well as perceived misinterpretations he believed had been added by the Four Evangelists. Jefferson's editing of the Bible flowed directly from a well-thought out, long-stewing view that Christianity had been fundamentally corrupted -by the Apostle Paul, the early church.
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Faith-Tools/The-Founding-Faith-Archive/The-Pious-Infidel.aspx

And by the way he wrote two books. Jefferson Bible, or The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazarethand and the first one that was called The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth. This one was lost. He wrote that other one later in life.

And here is what I found so funny. The most fundamentally incorrect Christian, Michele Bachmann, loves to quote Jefferson and set him up as an idol in a religious way. I wonder if she realize that he condemn everything in the Bible but the parts that refer to Jesus only?

So before you go posting your crap he about things you don't know you might want to explore your intelligence a bit more. Cause it is coming up short. It is people like you that think they have credibility lack any.

You all keep you thoughts on our your bible and verse about OT and NT about making love before marriage, cause it goes on my deaf ears. It is a waste of internet space.
 LessonOfLife
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2012 8:09:59 AM
And please if you going to post this crap back it up. "Yet the made whiskey and Opium and supported their movement from the proceeds."

I just googled this and there is nothing. Back it up.
 lovinvixen
Msg: 139
Posted: 10/15/2012 6:49:41 PM
All one has to do to truly research scripture is go to www.biblegateway.com and you can research the Bible many different ways.

It's obvious most on these Forum haven't read the 66 books.
 rydnhi74
Msg: 140
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:10:00 PM
Well seems to me the bible has been argued to death and too much emphasis put upon the written word than the meaning and the heart Behring the book. See in order for the bible to reach you your heart has to be open and your mind as well. It's not brim stone and fire but love. Interpretation should be loose not rigid. Now with that said now what happens when u mix in human nature, that HE created us with, hmmm? So now we have a questionable source. But like so many through out time people want to use the bible for fear and conformation instead of guidance. They seem to think themselves BETTER than others for it. And with this SUPREME thought think they can dictate their views and condemned us for ours.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >