Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eroch
Msg: 3
view profile
History
SEX---->A sacred thing<----VirginityPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Virginity is such a sacred thing that we alla re born with. It is a resemblance of love, life, freedom and purity.

Kinda interesting... sex is also a resemblance of those things.

I do believe sex is sacred. Sex should be held at a high level because it holds extremes in itself. It causes life and death. Pain and pleasure. Love and Loathing. Freedom and Entrapment. So many people's focus is on the act of sex itself as being impure. I don't believe this is the case, it's the motivation/reasoning/people behind sex that make it 'pure' or 'impure'. If your not ready for sex, by no means should you have sex. If you are, don't deny yourself an amazing pleasure. Just be honest with yourself and your partner. Communication is a necessity. Be careful and know what your getting yourself into.
 Ignoble
Msg: 5
view profile
History
SEX---->A sacred thing<----Virginity
Posted: 1/3/2008 2:58:20 PM
How anyways places importance on the first time you have sex is beyond me. It matters not at all. Screw it. Might as well place important on the first lead pencil you owned. The first time you played tennis. The first goddamn time you had a blood test. Sex is sex ok. Who cares about your virginity. The very act of making it a milestone is anti-climactic. lol I just dont get it at all. Not one bit. Could someone who seriously has some insight into why they think this is profound please message me and tell me?
 asteliapuff39
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/3/2008 5:15:06 PM
you dont have to put the vagina/penis in a pedestal.
I lost it at 14 with someone I really loved, I spent 2 year with him and I have no regrets, since then I have been having fun. My virginity was something I gave away at the time I was ready to.
If you are not ready to deal with things, you are insecure, or you just want a guy to fall in love with you... then do not give your virginity away, keep it until you believe you can handle being heartbroken, used or not respected for your decisions.
 Ignoble
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2008 5:43:09 PM
If I lost my virginity at 12 I can guarantee you Id be so much happier and more well adjusted than I am today. Id probably be married to an incredible woman actually.
 that sam i am
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/3/2008 9:31:27 PM
at least you got $50 out of it. most of us don't even get money out of it.
 3ClubMonkey
Msg: 14
view profile
History
SEX---->A sacred thing----Virginity
Posted: 1/4/2008 3:20:30 AM
This post should be read as: A "Moments of Clarity" by,

Im a sucker for a woman that wears satin lingerie or lace maybe both lol!he is very hygenic.My sexual intersts include as following:
bondage,domination and submissive,fore play,oral sex,petting,he is open and willing to try new experiences as long as it's in my comfort zone!.

Best of luck with your move.
 james03868
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/19/2008 7:16:22 PM
As a philosopher, I can say that virginity was so highly valued in the past because of STDs. There was no way to treat them in the past. Nowadays most STDs can be treated, and as thus it is no longer a big issue.

That said, I am a virgin and while I want a girl that is pure, having a girl that is not a virgin is not a big deal to me. Being a guy that does not want to waste time with a girl he has no chance of spending the rest of his life with, I am waiting to lose it to that special someone.

I believe that sex is more that something pleasurable. It is simple to say that one only wants sex for the pleasure.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2008 1:40:08 PM
I don't regret losing mine. It was with my first GF when I was 16. We had been dating for a few months. Lots of kissing and heavy petting, then we did it one night when we were home alone. It was great and stunning and fun and we both were in shock after (I was her first too)

To me, it's not whether they have had sex or not that makes them pure, it's the reasons and circumstance behind them having sex. I can see the shame in losing it over a $50 bet.
 etudeno4
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/23/2008 10:47:29 AM
some of ya'll need to wake up and get a clue. there is nothing sacred about virginity. and there is nothing sacred about love making. sex is sex...it's a distinct act between two people. it's when you try to put all this hogwash around it is when it gets screwed up!
 Lixiette
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 11:16:27 AM
Here's a similar thread: http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8823686.aspx

As for virginity being sacred--good for you. I applaud people who hold to their beliefs. But the funny thing is, OP, would you have felt the same way about virginity if you had not lost it at the age of 12 in a $50 dollar bet?

I don't see virginity as sacred. I see innocence and strength of mind as sacred. Virginity is something physical that can be taken or given away as easily as shredding tissue.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/2/2008 11:16:20 PM
Dude, I couldn't disagree with you more.

You're not born with a 'thing' called virginity. You're lacking sexual experience, along with a billion other things. It doesn't reflect love, life, freedom, and not necessarily purity (are your mom and dad any more unpure?).

You losing your virginity for a $50 bet was a real dumb idea. Real dumb. However, it's not the end-all-be-all. Ruining your first kiss to someone you despised wouldn't be something good either for your personal history (although not as bad).

I think when you put "virginity" on some huge pedestal, you're only making it sacred to yourself. You're treating it like a crime -- sex as something dirty that you wished you never got involved in. It *can* be dirty (hence the $50 bet), but it doesn't have to be that.

You aren't made to be a virgin. Keeping one's virginity and not losing it on a whim is an exercise of discipline over whimsical desires. You gave into that. You learned your lesson. Water under the bridge; don't cry over turnovers (basketball analogy). But when you're in a relationship and you fall for someone, it's a natural act that resembles MORE love, life, freedom, and purity, than someone holding out to be the next "40 Year Old Virgin" and letting the fear of sexual relations get in the way of blossoming relationships with someone.
 fancynanci
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2008 1:50:15 PM
Yes...it is sacred to some of us. I agree that it is. Unfortunately it's not like that for everyone though.
 Mosey_Burns
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/3/2008 2:59:17 PM
I think sex is what you want it to be. I personally want it to be with a different woman every weekend so I try my hardest to make that come true
 heaight
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2008 9:00:12 AM
ah the whole sex on a pedastool post. sex is sex, protect urself, and dont do it with anygirl who presents u the opportunity. if i met a girl who was a virgin i probly wouldnt date her, why? because physically its a frustrating process just tryna have sex the first time, and second, id feel self conscience like id have to watch my words and what i can talk about with her. and i dont care about people being virgins, how u value it, if i took a girls virginity i wouldnt go "tom cruise" over it. when i lost most, it was just a day i lost mine.. it would makes no difference in how i valued my girl if she was a virgin or not. oh yeah, and both men and women can be virgins, u dont have to have some female part of u that can get broken or "popped" to be one... never having sex means ur a virgin.that was directed to some chick who posted earlier...no offense but, duh.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >