Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Who deals better with a lack of sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 that sam i am
Msg: 20
Who deals better with a lack of sex?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Definitely men. Women are the ones always complaining about a lack of sex and having things like fuckerware parties (selling sex toys at home).
 Stinger_304
Msg: 21
Who deals better with a lack of sex?
Posted: 2/10/2008 11:32:40 PM
Four Years and counting and I can't say I miss it all that much.
 fixitfred
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2008 12:39:46 AM
I don't know what planet you people cum from. Women always deal with no sex better than men. Even woman that actually enjoy it doesn't know what it's like to have large amounts of testosterone coursing through your body.
 bobinplano
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/3/2008 2:27:51 PM
I deal with the lack of sex horribly, been single for several years and when in a relationship or dating and I am getting it in the flesh, things are good... but when not dating and not getting anything in the flesh, the longer I go without, the more insanely horny and out of control I get.... I swear at times I can think of nothing else but sex and it consumes my every thought and i will lay around literally all day sometimes self pleasuring and dreaming of feeling it in the flesh.... so I DO NOT handle the lack of well at all, where as I know several women friends that go without and i can't hardly even tell they misss it.... so I'm guessing men in general probably have a tougher time dealing with going without than women do!
 sin2gether2
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/3/2008 2:57:41 PM
Women deal with it better. I've gone for years. It was difficult at times. I'm thinking of going that direction again. Unless there is someone who makes it worthwhile ... I can be celibate. I need a man with a mental/ emotional connection and it is darn near impossible. The more life we live ... the more we know and understand ... the less we find what we are looking for in a partner and instead find it within ourselves.
Of course, my toys are my friends.
 kpooks
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2009 8:31:08 AM
"Better" is a subjective term!

I'm not a woman, so I don't know what sex deprivation feels like to a female body. Some women say they ache intensely.

As a man, there's the deadly sperm buildup, but I can always self-service to "take care of that", so, if I get warmed up for sex and then rejected, I can always rub one out if I need to...no biggie.
 OutMind
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/25/2009 9:08:57 AM
Lack of sex inside a relationship or outside of a relationship. I think they are both different things that are handled completely differently.

In the one hand, men handle rejection much better because they are usually the initiator. Even when women give hints, they don't openly say, hey, let's do it. Usually is coming over and giving you kisses, or wearing a particular perfume in the middle of the day, or wearing a little dress with no underwear. Women hint, but they tend to be very bad about rejection.

Now, about putting up with a sexless marriage, I've seen it where they just put up with it, and it's only through some personal break through that they then chose to get out. But I think that more than the act, the sex, they miss the process of being loved, and cherished.

Men in the other hand, being the one who initiates, and let's say, he has a libido, he will not put up with a sexless relationship for a period of time. He will either end the relationship, sabotage it so she ends it, or cheat. I find the last one despicable. But people tend to sabotage the relationship many times because they don't want to tell the other person that is the sex that is lacking.

In the end I believe that women are better at dealing with the lack of sex. Now let's take two individuals, one a man, one a woman, with the same level of libido. The guy will hunt to get it. The woman will stay in the bad relationship, and will protect her NEST before she searches for it.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2009 9:38:32 AM
It's an individual thing, of course.
There is a cultural difference between men and women, which has been changing and evolving over time. It used to be that men were expected to complain about a dearth of sex, and women were supposed to silently smile and bear up gracefully. I grew up with that kind of cultural imprint, and thought for years that women actually didn't even LIKE sex, and only did it to reward men who did stuff for them. [ya, I know there are some women who do exactly that].
Currently, it's become more fashionable for women to complain about lack of sex boldly. I find this generally annoying, because of the mixed and conflicting reasons behind it. There's a HUGE commercial push for women(and men) to fuss about sex, from the people who are making money off of sex-encouraging products for men AND women. Whenever people are making money from persuading us to gripe at each other, I get angry at them.
Then there's the "liberation" angle to it, which has varied adherents behind it as well:
Some of them are the true, basic 'we need to be free, and make our own decisions' people who started the liberation movements for what I think are the right reasons. Then there are the swine who seek personal benefits from the 'liberation' ideals (there are always these types following any movement! beware!), the guys who want women to sleep with THEM as a way to "prove" they are liberated, the women who have axes to grind about their own male friends, who want other women to cheat on or dump their own mates as a way to make it appear that it's all some one else's fault, or because "misery loves company."
Anyway, I think it's a myth that either sex has an easier or worse time coping with relationship troubles, and the misperceptions are all born from the anger and sadness we all go through from it.
 damassteel
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2009 9:50:25 AM

y'see us gals and them guys see it as a different thing, to them sex is sex, doesnt matter who its with!

Oh no it doesn't...what nonsense.

lol Who are you trying to pick up canonista? Whats this "bond, emotional connection, intimacy" you speak of? Sounds like woman propoganda to me.

Sorry , but as we get a bit more along in years, we men lose that wicked build up that disables our emotional faculties.
Let's face it, the one who needs it the least, is always in control. It could be the man or the woman. That being said I don't think either in my experience deals with it particularly well.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/25/2009 10:15:54 AM

Then there's the "liberation" angle to it, which has varied adherents behind it as well:
Some of them are the true, basic 'we need to be free, and make our own decisions' people who started the liberation movements for what I think are the right reasons. Then there are the swine who seek personal benefits from the 'liberation' ideals (there are always these types following any movement! beware!), the guys who want women to sleep with THEM as a way to "prove" they are liberated, the women who have axes to grind about their own male friends, who want other women to cheat on or dump their own mates as a way to make it appear that it's all some one else's fault, or because "misery loves company."

WTH? What has any of THAT got to do with "liberation"? I HATE THIS BS!!

I do not deal with lack of sex well. I do not deal with rejection well. Why? Because guys always say they are always horny and can separate sex and emotion, but when push comes to shove, they cannot. Otherwise, they'd get their asses over here when I say I'm horny. Why would they *care* that they do/don't like me?
 damassteel
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2009 12:29:49 PM
All very interesting. I must say that since the age of 19 I've never had to contend with a lack of sex. There has always been a sufficient supply such that I've never had to go more than a couple of weeks without and I'm pretty choosy too. No wonder there are so many bitter and damaged folks out there. , far too many not getting theirs often enough.
Women have always told me that they can pretty much "smell the desparation" in a guy and that it's a turn off. Never having felt that desparation I guess has made things easier for me.
 TedJMill
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2009 11:45:32 AM

Me. If there's one thing I excel at, it's not having sex.
 Rob_SA
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/27/2009 5:35:10 PM
In my recent experience the bestowal of sexual favours by a female partner sits somewhere between a "special treat" and an "act of God", so I'm kind of desensitised to a lack of sex. Jackson Browne summed it all up nicely in his song "Rosie".
 dsleeth
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/27/2009 5:50:04 PM
If a man has sex before marriage, that experience is permanent on his mind. He won't stop thinking about that first girlfriend, that first time, and he tries to recreate that initial experience forever, often putting other girlfriends and his wife through misery trying to please him. It's impossible because he's focused on the sex and not the girl and her heart.

A guy who only has sex within marriage is focused on his wife and their marriage.

HOWEVER, within marriage, at least every three days the man needs to have sex. It's a need. Like eating. Plus, the type of guy who waits until marriage, or rewaits, is worthy of sex every three days!
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/6/2010 9:02:04 AM
Women do...!!!
When men can't deal with it....they turn into Rapists....
When women can't deal....they go outside....and... SMILE !!
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/7/2010 12:31:36 PM
Nag for sex??? why want it if you have to nag for it? Women have a different more suttle way than nagging, but some do I suppose...Hey, men would take it personally if even not over a long period of time...lol

The only way I can think of that would give men any advantage here, because he can whip it out and whip it, in less time than most women can.

Hey, if you think we men have it made....try walking in our shoe's....you'll want to be a woman again so fast....you will skip clicking your heals three times....and tell the good wtch of the west to hurry up.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/7/2010 2:32:55 PM
Here's something.....a guy if his woman wants it, but he's not in the mood will give it to her, cause when he wants it and she doesn't, he won't get it, so he better get it while he can....lol.

I'm sure this can be reversed to.
 1989jeff
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 6:38:29 PM
I think men deal with it better im still a virgin at 20yrs old. Its a scarry thought to have a one night stand wake up in the morning with aids. I always got rosy palm she doesnt have any stds.
 LifesSimplicity
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/8/2010 6:18:20 AM

Ofcourse men take it better. Sex is so much better for women, they'd miss it more. I mean come on... multiple orgasms, prolonged orgasms. Id miss the hell out of that too. I mean... I could use my good ole right hand, I mean sure its not the same, but it aint that much different either hahahahaha.

I do not agree, many, many women do not orgasm. Me included, so it isn't better for me in that way. An experienced man, can also extend orgasms, it is called Tantra. Very nice, you should try it.

However women, have been known to be bit**ier the longer they go without. And I have known a man whom gets upset not having sex.

SoI think this depends on who is going without, is this a nympho female or an average male.
 eattoplease
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/8/2010 8:03:44 AM
I think woman do...they have a switch somewhere and turn it off and on depending on the mood....but..as a guy...I have gone without without a hitch...even masturbation...the desire has to be there....
 Damienevil
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/10/2010 2:33:35 PM
in a relationship a man deals better with it due to the cultural things of being told good girls dont like sex bla bla bla. And have heard the moaning whining complaining from other men who are in relationships as well who **** about not getting sex. When women dont get sex in a relationship she is like does he not find me attractive any more is he cheating omg what is going on now are we falling apart.

Out side of a relationship Men deal with it better we are used to not getting sex all the time any time we want even if we can get it. Women are not used to doing this so will jump into a relationship just to get laid then dump the guy so she can not feel like a slut in her own eyes. Some women are comfortable with the Whole FWB route and this makes it easier for them to get into a really good relationship because her need for sex and things that go with it are being satisfied if the guy she goes on dates with does not work for her
 Damienevil
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/11/2010 7:28:38 PM
TO ELGALAWATT it does give them that. That is why u dont give them that satisfaction
 Ron429
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2010 9:18:57 AM
Women definitely, particularly older women from 50's on. They seem to lose all interest, drive and/or libido when it comes to sex. Moreover, I've found that some will use sex to manipulate, and control men especially those that have been divorced because their ex was unfaithful or banging someone behind their back. They seem to have a built-in resentment towards sex and males in general. Any thoughts. Only my experience and opinion.
 dt_freak1
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/12/2010 11:34:36 AM
there are no easy answers. check your pulse, if your alive and not a virgin chances are going without sex sucks no matter who you are. the only people who will NOT have any problems dealing with lack of sex are virgin religious people.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/12/2010 11:47:24 AM
I can agree that power and control go hand in hand when I am having sex. It's a huge turn on that in unequal to any other. When making love however it is a surrendering of that control, also a huge turn on. I cannot surrender when not in love which many men do not like and feel as though I'm using them for sex. I can't argue when they are correct.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Who deals better with a lack of sex?