Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 892
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!Page 11 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
If a woman wakes up in bed and doesn't remember or barely remembers the night before and doesn't even know the guy's name, was she tricked or was that irresponsibilty on her ? Buyer's remorse, perhaps?

If a woman can report being raped for placing herself in such an impaired state that she did not know what she was doing, then I think criminal defense attorneys should latch onto this argument for cases of DUI: "My client was too intoxicated to know any better."

In no way am I condoning DUIs, but I am arguing for pesonal accountability.

Also, as far as being swindled by confidence artists, yes, a lot of them are very good at what they do. Nevertheless, many people are motivated by greed and when they think they are getting a deal perhaps they laps in judgement.

What about the females that play guys and have them fix their cars and pay thier bills, for a little bit of nookie, or the promise of the potential of some nookie? They are equally resorting to trickery, when they are being insincere.
 stealth122148
Msg: 897
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:46:55 AM
You know this is plain sex between two concenting adults.

This happens. Alot but, if a man or woman does not want to be hurt, don't put it out there.

Keep it home in a fire proof safe. Second class rape. Do you have any idea how over crowded the prison system is now with real rapist ?

Did you ever think these female friends are spinning you to get a pity party out of you.?

i have many females net friends who more and more have been a victims of this sort of misleading un-savory behavior=====================================

How can any one man have this many female friends with the same problem?
 ççç™
Msg: 898
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:04:43 AM
Oh ... stupid people looking for someone to blame for their stupidity, what's new?

Of course it's not going to happen not in our life time. But I am sure some women would looooove that...You touch, you buy

Ouch!
 whothehellknows
Msg: 901
Posted: 5/6/2009 8:34:00 AM
Just the title of this thread makes me think of a case in GA where a lady and her husband were suring their pastor for tricking the wife into having an affair for almost a decade. Yeah, she is a victim.
 Fun2Bwith100
Msg: 904
Posted: 5/6/2009 4:35:05 PM
It is my opinion that there are many people who are out there just to score and will do what ever they can to do so. That being said, let the buyer beware. If you are willing to jump into bed with anyone who tells you what you want to hear then you will feel regret and embarrassment thus blaming it on being tricked. This doesn’t excuse those who lie to get what they want.

Those who feel tricked probably have low self-esteem and being tricked is an easy excuse to blame someone else.

Love and relationships are a tricky business. If you are confident and in control of your own behavior, those who would want to deceive you will look for an easier target.
 carolann0308
Msg: 905
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 6:31:22 PM
He tricked you into sex? Did he tell you he was a traveling Gynecologist or something?
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 906
Posted: 5/6/2009 8:09:26 PM
What I am reading is that the consensus is that NO ONE CAN BE TRICKED INTO SEX, and the exercise of bad judgement doesn't consitute being tricked!

Personal accountability!!!
 Stan Powder
Msg: 910
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 9:47:26 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm going to sue you! Why?? FOR TRICKING ME INTO HAVING SEX WITH YOU!! This thread just made my day
 Knight_00
Msg: 911
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 11:43:50 AM
So, a guy sees a what he thinks is a nice girl. He starts talking to her because he's physically attracted to her. They hit it off. She finds him "interesting", and at the same time, she feels a sexual attraction to him. She WANTS to have sex with him, but is afraid of being hurt. What should she do? What is the best course of action for her?

At this point alone, where does the accountability lie? For him to be completely forthcoming about all of his feelings/desires/motives for talking to her (many of which he may not even be aware of, since men are reputably bad at dealing with the inner self)? Or is she accountable for letting him know everything that is possible to know about her, her past, her intentions, and desires.

Or is it just possible that when two people meet, they are forever conscious of the notion that they don't want to reveal too much too early because they want the other one to like them, and they both want to have intimate relations? Who takes accountability for that portion?

Now, some time goes by of doing whatever that was that she "should do". He comes to realize that she has a lot more baggage than he was aware of or is willing to have in his life. He begins to have second thoughts about his new found "love" for this woman. She, on the other hand is looking at him as a great catch (pay attention to that phrase) and still wants a relationship with him. Ultimately he stops taking her calls and she gets hurt anyway.

So who is at fault here? How do we legislate that?

Was she at fault for not being forthcoming about her "baggage"? Should SHE be jailed because HE was misled?

Or is HE at fault and should be punished because as the layers of the proverbial onion got peeled back, he discovered that in the whirlwind of the romance he had (momentary) feelings of love, yet no longer found himself attracted to her?

What if she loses interest in him? Can he sue her or have her jailed because she promised monogamy and ever-lasting love, but decided that he wasn't really the person she thought he was?

Finally, what about the idea that many women over the course of history have attached themselves to men because they thought that the man would be a good provider (a good catch) - isn't that using what she has to get what he has? Should she be sued or jailed because she was willing to exchange something for "security" and when that didn't happen, she changed her mind?

The author of the thread scares me. It proposes that women are victims. PEOPLE are victims, regardless of age or gender. The notion of becoming an adult, inherently has the requirement to have learned something along the way.

But I could be lying.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 912
Posted: 5/15/2009 3:39:43 AM
Every year we have so many hours of In-Service Training which is a state requirement.

A couple of years ago, they nurses into speak to us about rape, not long after the Kobe Bryant incident. I did not earn a lot of points with the nurses nor my peers (that have daughters) when I spoke about personal accountabilty.

If "I was so drunk I didn't know what I was doing" is a valid rape defense, then it should also be valid for a person arrested for drunk driving, Buyer's remorse or placing yourself in an incapacitated position: SHAME ON YOU!

Yes, the guy was scum, but personal accountabilty reigns. If you had been it better judge of your faculties, you could not have been tricked. No one should ever blame anyone else for their own bad choices!
 abelian
Msg: 915
Posted: 5/16/2009 10:48:38 AM

Nocturnal rape is never permissible.

Rape isn't permissable regardless of the time of day.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 918
Posted: 5/16/2009 6:01:46 PM

Did he tell you he was a traveling Gynecologist or something?

Did he tell her 'not much experience, but I'll look into it for you!' lol
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 919
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:16:11 AM
I am not suggesting that wearing a short skirt or wearing a low-cut top justifies rape, by any measurement.

However, if you place yourself in a completely impaired, incompacitated position so that you do not know what you are doing, then there is some personal accountabilty.

If drunkenness/voluntary physical impairment is a valid rape defense, then it should be a valid DUI defense. DUI upholds personal accountabilty for the impaired state that one voluntarily puts oneself in.
 forum101
Msg: 929
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2009 10:37:09 AM
How in the world has this thread gone on as long as it has?
Major difference between rape and getting your feelings hurt. Thats all this is. Someone got their feelings hurt. They were intimate too soon, with someone they really didnt know, slept with him, now they feel cheapened. Dont put this in the same category as rape, that is degrading to all the women who really have been raped.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 935
Posted: 5/18/2009 10:56:03 PM
Lesliejoanna,

Thank you for validating what I have been trying to say!

If a person is comatose, then one has to be a really sick individual to do the deed.

On the other hand, while helping to handle a bar fight one woman fell three times and an unrelated woman fell across the street because of sheer intoxication that was self-inflicted.

Most people that become victims of crimes are usually the victims of their own bad choices.

I have been the "victim" of several sexual offenses, but I was never "tricked."

The first time was by a family doctor, when I went on the sly for birth control at sixteen, so I could have sex with my first love and not get pregnant. He molested me in the exam room. I never reported it because then my parents would know.

There have been in my past three other instances where I placed myself in many bad, naive situations (before cop), and the consequences were not so severe, but had I used better judgement they would not have occurred at all. I would not realy have wanted to go through the court system, and most people do not, because a defense attorney will annhilate the victim on the stand for a crime that primarily involved a bad choice on the part of the victim. I takepersonal blame and accept accountability for allowing those situations.

I am not unsympathetic to those feelings of hurt. However, nobody can be tricked into sex (except a John, because they are referred to as "Tricks") and they pay for it. Lesson hard-learned, Hard Knocks University. Require yourself to make good choices!
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 937
Posted: 5/19/2009 1:01:06 AM
Are you out of your vulcan mind!? After a 6-12 month relationship how could you prove that sex was the ONLY motivation for said relationship in first place. Getting past that the abuse of that law would be staggering! Have you read some of the posts in these forums? There a lot of bitter, angry folks out there. A law like that would be emotional blackmail,"Stay with me or else!"
The law isn't meant to protect us from our own stupidity. Yes we have rights,and with every right there is a corosponding RESPONSIBILITY. People need take responsibility for their own actions and choices. A law like that presumes that people aren't capable of being responsible. Do you really want to give the government that much power in your bed room?
 pearlj
Msg: 940
Posted: 5/20/2009 9:14:03 PM

poppabear no hunnie fortunately for me it hasnt happened to me! iam emotionally mature enough to know a faker when i see one! but i do know many women that have been victims of being tricked with sweet talk!

This is SUCH a dirty can of worms! lmao! Who wants the government and courts legislating our every sexual encounter??? How would you actually PROVE that the con-person's actual intent was to con??? Its unlike cons that involve monetary gain because in that scenario you cant just say "Oh, I took their money, but thought that we weren't compatible so I dumped them shortly after" Where as in a sexual relationship, the "con" can give ANY number of legitimate excuses to end a relationship after sex.
And can you imagine the blow back??? People carrying recording devices with them to each and every date, people afraid to be with anyone physically for fear that they will get a jail sentence. The government yet AGAIN legislating "sexual morality" and also the encouragement of the child/parent dynamic between a too powerful government and a population who seem to be only too eager to not take personal responsibility for their choices and thus lives.
Also there are cases where a person who has an STD has been convicted for "conning" someone into sleeping with them without telling them of their health status. I for one think that in this imperfect world, that that is as far as the courts can take this particular scenario. At the end of the day there is always the oh so unpopular and *GHASP! inducing concept of abstaining. Maybe those that are more innocent and trusting should consider this route, so as to protect themselves from the unethical and immoral cons.
On a more sympathetic note, the OP is obviously a very idealistic person. And I think the question we should be asking is, WHY is it necessary to "spot" the fakers? It does seem that the consequence of these actions only falls on the head of the conned. Ive never been "conned" (in this way) per say, but that is ONLY because I am a very vigilant person in general, and am very adept at spotting the losers....But I often wonder why there are so many people to be wary of??? It is, after all, incredibly disheartening, and endlessly exhausting to "always be on the lookout".
As to the movie analogy, that's not a fair comparison. Generally speaking, you aren't risking your life to see a movie, and with STDs we ARE risking our lives to have sex (condoms are NOT 100% protection) also the point the OP is making is that the conned don't generally KNOW they are conned until AFTER the creep sleeps with them and leaves them.
Im searching my brain, but for the life of me, cant find the "middle way" with this one. So I'll leave it to the rest of the posters to maybe find the wisdom of a solution.
 OSUguy99
Msg: 941
Posted: 5/21/2009 2:25:55 AM
no, but there should be one against being so dumb you allow yourself to be used over and over again and think its someone elses fault.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 942
Posted: 5/21/2009 4:24:20 AM
OSUguy99,

I second that motion!
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 944
Posted: 5/21/2009 4:50:16 AM
What if you never say NO, but the next morning you say, "OMG, what did I do? I need the morning after pill?" Or report a rape so you can get a free abortion from the government; believe me that happens a lot. If you are a prostitute, you are saying yes all of the time, up until the time that you didn't get paid, and that isn't rape; that is a business transaction.

nd if I walk into your bedroom dressed in nothing, climb into your bed with you, begin doing all kinds of things, and then say, "Oh my, I just changed my mind, I don 't really want to do this..." after the man just stuck it in, is that really rape?

I guess this means women have all of the power in this category.

I know! I am going to begin dating exclusively married men and then accepting payouts for keeping my mouth shut (no pun) about being raped!
 dyinginside11
Msg: 953
Posted: 5/21/2009 3:27:00 PM
I got a lot of friends who are hockey players and lacrosse players and they do this all the time. The difference is they get turned down hundreds of times before they come across a girl dumb enough to fall for their stupid comments. To most people, it's quite obvious what is on a guys mind.

So maybe there should be a law against being a dumb, naive girl?
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 954
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:15:56 AM
I have a tee-shirt: "STUPIDITY IS NOT A CRIME, SO YOU ARE FREE TO GO"

I am completely agreeing with you dyinginside11.

I think there should be some kind of a law to prevent people this stupid from being allowed to breed offspring.
 GoofBall311
Msg: 957
Posted: 5/29/2009 1:56:13 PM
If this becomes illegal:
A) I'm going to jail
B) I have about 10 lawsuits I could file tomorrow. Women do the same thing. I've been with a lot of girls who concealed the fact they had boyfriends, even fiances.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 958
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 6:04:01 PM

Does anyone remember waiting until marriage to have sex?

I remember the Mafia, too -- doesn't mean I want any part of it.

The 'all of the benefits, none of the responsibility for one's own actions' mentality that feminism spawned is coming home to roost and it ain't pretty.

I don't think feminism has anything to do with it. I think it's the naivete of some people that tells them that having sex necessarily equals a commitment, and then they feel used/burned/etc. when they find out the hard way that reality doesn't work like that.

People can wait until marriage to have sex if that's what they want, but there's nothing wrong with having sex outside of marriage, either, as long as you approach it with a healthy mindset.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >