Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 960
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!Page 12 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)

Do adult males actually dump women immediately after they've had sex with them? I thought this was a high school type behavior.

All the time. And get this: women dump men immediately after they've had sex as well. High-schoolish? Well, only if they go directly to the locker-room and brag and embellish. It's just what some people do.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 961
Nobody can be tricked into sexual encounters!
Posted: 6/2/2009 8:58:04 PM
I do not believe that anyone can be "tricked" into a sexual encounter. We all make our own choices.
There is a man on this site that initially began by letting me know he was doing some nude sunbathing, likes giving and getting massages and offering me a romp in his hot tub along with a bit of wine.
After umpteen emails to that effect, I got a little bit off-color with a bit of help from one of my male friends, and sent him a follow-up email that no man can match the tongue of my dog and there is nothing better than a quality peanut butter smear or something like that. He responded in a completely raunchy fashion, which I also shared with my guy friend.
I fear for the woman or women that would take him up on his offers. I think he is really creepy, and buyer beware!
No names because that would not be fair of me, but please exercise good judgement
 karma1160
Msg: 962
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 6/2/2009 9:30:02 PM
As far as bringing the law into the bedroom no I do not think we need to do this . This is an unusual situation for that matter.
If someone has seen someone for a number of months and feels they know them and then has sex and the other person decides to end the relationship there could be huge issues with the person who is ending it.
Maybe this person feels they were not up to par and rather than risk embarrassment they save their pride by ending the relationship. Unfortunately most first time things don't work out to perfection and had this person really hung in there they might have a totally different scenario. or.........
Maybe this person thought they had real feelings but after being with the other person figures out that sometimes loneliness masquerades as something more than what it actually is.
Or maybe they can not take no for answer so it becomes a game for them.
There could be all kinds of reasons Unfortunately this is a very dysfunctional way to carry on life.
There is no sure thing in life but it's all we have.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 964
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 6/3/2009 7:14:03 AM
The last email I got from the aforementioned man responding to the last email I sent him:
Original Message YOU sent on 6/2/2009 737 PM
My dog and I just finished up with a large jar of peanut butter.
Not really.
I guess you missed the part where I said I wasn't looking to meet anybody but like to write on the forums.
I think you are an internet predator and your pick up lines are pathetic. Are there really women out there that are so desperate and stupid that they fall for such garbage?
I can either block you or you can simply do me the courtesy of not emailing me anymore, since you already told me that you have no time to waste chatting, and simply want to get naked and massage each other.
I guess I was ambivalent the first time around, but I am going to be less ambivalent this time in that I am not here to meet anyone, but purely to write on the forums.
I hope that there are not too many women on here that take you up on your propositions, because I find you very repulsive in your approach towards women.

How am I repulsive? You're the one with the dog.. You are just a downright psycho. I think you need psychological help. I am not an internet preditor. I am a single guy who is looking to get married so I can leave my stuff to someone I love. What pick up lines, I say whats in my head and in my heart. I am a romantic, I am caring, I am fun. I am a photographer. I do like to be naked. I got the impression there's something wrong with you from the beginning, but I overlooked your faults and thought you could use a friend. I believe ALL The women on here so far have only proved to me that their husbands must have left them because they couldn't take their psychotic s h i t anymore, and I believe it. There needs to be a psychiatrist on this site to councel all the women on here. I've never seen so many stuck up women who think overly highly of themselves. There's only maybe 1 percent out here who actually want to meet someone, and they're fat and ugly. The other 90 either want to show pictures of themselves or just want the type of guy they're used to, the ones who f uc k them then leave them. Women love to be abused for some stupid reason, so when a nice guy like me comes along who is accepting and accompidating, they blow him off. You cant relate to people in person and go to the internet, you have the problem. Try going out and association with 2 legged people you freak. The women who know me, love me and my personality. I don't care what you do since you don't want to meet me. Oh, and getting naked and massage are not my only talents, but you'll never know...go get your stupid dog and let it stick it's disgusting penis in you you freak.. bye.

=======================================================
Ladies, please be careful and exercise good judgement!
 Firehorse9
Msg: 965
Posted: 6/7/2009 9:16:39 PM
This is ridiculous for the mere fact that if someone did say they loved someone and wanted to get married and slept with the woman or man, (the alledged victim) and somewhere down the road this person changes thier mind for whatever reason. The person who felt tricked could lay charges? I dont think so. That would make the act of having sex a contractual agreement between two parties with criminal consequences. This is life, the person feeling tricked would be better off to start improving his or her self esteem and confidence there by avoiding relationships where he or she feels the need to have sex with their partner to keep them . Lets face it, if your sleeping with someone on the first date because of promises made you are bound to be let down or disapointed. Sex is a consensual thing, rape is an act of violence,the two are not even close in comparison. Where would we stop. My ex girlfriend wanted to get married have children and all that goes with it. A year later without reason other then she didn't want to move to canada she broke it off. Should I be able to lay charges because we slept together? I think not. You get hurt,you get knocked down,you get up and you walk tall again. That's life.
 TheReason_
Msg: 970
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2009 11:37:40 AM
Wow this thread is still going???

Damn those tricky sexual people!!!!!

Damn them!!!!!!

I got tricked into sex again!!!!

TheReason_
Msg: 972
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2009 12:02:04 PM
Here's a better idea:

Take responsibility for your own actions, and make an informed decision as a consenting adult. If the person is selling you the world, you don't have to buy it. Have your own set of values and morals to live by, and stick to your guns no matter what the situation is. Then the only person you have to thank or blame is yourself, because you did or exactly what you did or did not want to do.

Imagine
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 985
Posted: 6/9/2009 10:16:13 PM
One of my mantras is: Personal Accountability.
There is no one to blame for your own bad choice but oneself.
Sorry, but no one tricked you, YOU just made a bad choice, so deal with it. Try not to make a similiar bad choice next time around. PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY. You are the victim of making a bad choice!
 TheModernPagan
Msg: 987
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:57:00 PM
"Baby I'm only going to stick the tip in, just to see how it feels" DO people still fall for that. You cant trick someone into sleeping with you, they wanted to or they dont. If you find yourself droping your pants after a dinner date and some pillow talk, thats your problem.

People should have a little respect for themselves, it goes a long way.
 gynger888
Msg: 991
Posted: 6/20/2009 4:07:44 PM
It is really hard to believe the archaeic view points here. Rape is force of sex upon a person...male OR female by force or coercion. This includes lying to get someone to have sex with you. For instance, a man who has separated from a wife and tells her, yes I am coming home and haven't slept with anyone, but gives her HIV or herpes. This would be rape, not by force but by coercion. Also, a man telling a woman he has had a vasectomy in a relationship and he hasn't and gets her pregnant. This also would be rape. There are instances some people haven't been through and maybe couldn't even imagine, but this is why one should not judge until knowing more facts, and definitely shouldn't be judging others until walking in their shoes. The same would also go for a woman who lies to a man and gets pregnant when he has stated he does not want children. These are all examples (true stories) of people in long-term relationships, people who are NOT stupid..for trusting the people they have built a realtionship with. It takes a long time to get to know someone's true character and it can be devastating to find out otherwise. As adults we should learn to be more compassionate and less tolerant of immoral behavior, not be defenders of it.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 995
Posted: 6/20/2009 11:12:36 PM
It is really hard to believe the archaeic view points here. Rape is force of sex upon a person...male OR female by force or coercion. This includes lying to get someone to have sex with you. For instance, a man who has separated from a wife and tells her, yes I am coming home and haven't slept with anyone, but gives her HIV or herpes. This would be rape, not by force but by coercion. Also, a man telling a woman he has had a vasectomy in a relationship and he hasn't and gets her pregnant. This also would be rape.

Actually, that would be fraud. Coercion is a threat of physical harm or some other unacceptable consequence for refusal.

As adults we should learn to be more compassionate and less tolerant of immoral behavior, not be defenders of it.

I guess that depends on what you mean by "immoral." If by that you mean behavior that violates someone's rights or defrauds them, I completely agree. If you mean, behavior that I don't happen to like regardless of the fact that it doesn't involve me, no one's rights are being violated, and no one is being defrauded, then I think the morally correct thing for me to do is to mind my own business.
 estes501
Msg: 1001
Posted: 7/12/2009 12:00:26 AM
Just how would you prove you were tricked. Our courts are over flowing now . Every couple that broke up would be claiming they were tricked just to get back at them for dumping them.
 sunny snow storm
Msg: 1006
Posted: 7/16/2009 9:52:30 PM
i dont see it.
first there was no act of force. second there is no unwilling act of cohersion (did i spell that right). you have the right to make decisions based on your own best interests. if you wish to have sex then you can, but its only sex. you also cannot give sex with the intent of it always leading to a relationship. that would turn the table entirely and make you the opressor, hey.
 chrono1985
Msg: 1008
Posted: 7/17/2009 4:54:48 AM
No thank you, false sexual harassment charges is already enough to worry about. I've been accused of sexual harassment before and it wasn't easy to prove to everyone that suddenly turned against me that I didn't do a damn thing to that girl. Even people that knew me well enough to know I would never do such a thing were treating me like I was the scum of the Earth. If a stupid thing like that can get blown way out of proportion what do you think would happen with such laws as your proposing in effect.
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 1010
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2009 9:36:42 AM
To the OP: I hope you realise that male gender isn't the only one capable of deceipt. I'm sure everyone has read plenty of horror stories involving women lying about their age, intentions and/or birth control where men ended up facing far worst concenquences then a broken heart and dissapointment. I think governmnents should focus on building laws against real crimes, with actual concenquences, before even considering laws who's only purpose is to save your "dignity". Someone wasting your time isn't, and should never be, a crime: get over yourself.
 karma1160
Msg: 1012
Posted: 7/17/2009 9:50:46 AM
In a perfect world people would be honest and upfront with their intentions and none of this would happen.

I guess to me it depends on how you feel a person tricked you I mean if you they were telling you what you wanted to hear and after a short time you decided to take the plunge than I am not sure that you were using your logical brain in conjunction with your romantic brain. It happens people make the wrong decisions sometimes out of loneliness and deprivation but the best thing is to just shake it off and figure out what went wrong and evolve.

If someone made promises and went to the tenth degree where you really believed them than yes they have lied and conned you and they will have to deal with the negative aspects of only achieving what they want out of cohersion.

Nothing matches two people who freely decide to be loving to each other without games. If they think that they have won some big reward well they soon will realize what they have not won.

I do not believe the law should get involved in peoples relationships they have enough to do and I don't need someone else involved in everything I do I can think for myself.
 gynger888
Msg: 1013
Posted: 8/17/2009 7:02:47 PM
Evidently there needs to be clarification here...what I meant was if someone was in what they felt was a monogamous relationship...with someone perhaps they trusted, but should not have because that person was lying, that can be used in a court of law as rape. Check your facts. Also, what was implied is that the deception was NOT upfront, but moths, even uyears down the road. It is amazing that the urge is still to blame the victim. It is still WRONG and the perpetrator is at fault, not the person who trusted what he or she was told was the truth. We have a long way to go....it is very sad.
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 1014
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 7:51:02 PM
gynger, while I can completely sympathize with a woman who has fallen in a relationship under false pretenses(although, in this particular case there would have been some very clear signs against this type of deception that she most likely chose to ignore), this should not be, in any way shape or form, used in a court of law as a case for rape.

Do you not understand the consequences and social implications of false rape allegations? Let's see, first the jail time, which on top of losing years of freedom may even result in an actual rape scenario. Then, once released, he would be classified as a registered sex offender for the rest of his life, he would not be able to find employment, he would be alienated from all of his friends and family and possibly even subjected to vigilante acts of violence from the rest of society. You would basically be ending all meaning to his existence, rendering it unbearable for the rest of it's duration, and for what? A consensual sexual relationship where a woman had regrets afterward. Do you really see this as a punishment that fits the crime? Does a mans life, even a lying one, really have that little value to you?

If you have been duped into a sexual encounter by a liar, their choices will have consequences of their own. You don't have to see this person anymore but in no circumstances should anyone ever seek violent or damaging retribution for being cheated on and certainly not for being deceived into a sexual encounter(and just to be clear about this, this is something that both men and women do). You never owned this person and, as long as they don't cause actual physical harm to anyone, they are free to live their life as they see fit, with or without you.

The only thing that should be illegal here(and I believe it is in a lot of places now) is someone abusing a system that is meant to protect them and using it to hurt someone for their own selfish, irresponsible and over-zealous benefit, not to mention completely belittling actual rape victims in the process.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 1015
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:26:30 PM

and really, if this was a perfect world, we'd protect the naive instead of hurting them...

The reason people are naive is because they haven't learned from their mistakes yet. If we constantly protect people from their own naivete, then they're never going to cease being naive, no?
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 1016
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 8:32:36 PM

what I meant was if someone was in what they felt was a monogamous relationship...with someone perhaps they trusted, but should not have because that person was lying, that can be used in a court of law as rape.

I couldn't disagree with this proposal any more. Rape, by definition, means having sex with someone who does not consent to it.

It is amazing that the urge is still to blame the victim.

It's even more amazing the urge of some people to label themselves a victim rather than grow up and act like an adult.

It is still WRONG and the perpetrator is at fault, not the person who trusted what he or she was told was the truth.

If every "wrong" thing was a felony offense, there would be nobody left to run the prisons.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 1018
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:44:36 PM

"Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!"

No. If someone tricked you into a sexual encounter, then there should be a law against you procreating

This made me lol.

And I completely concur.

That is all.
 thecheekychick
Msg: 1019
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:06:38 PM
You can only be tricked if you allow yourself to.. Don't be a fool! =)
 motownmaniax
Msg: 1020
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:32:26 PM
Since the OP probably left long ago, I guess we’ll never know if she was persuaded by all the simple, mature, sensible, and logical advice people gave to her – all 42 pages of it…lol.

Nothing I can really add but to reiterate that when people date they “must” be aware of their relationship surroundings and take nothing for granted. That means leaving your infantile gullibility, naivete, and stupidity at the door and date sensibly and intelligently, but realize in the end not all relationships work out. Break ups can occur for ten thousand reasons—and sometimes none at all, at least none that makes sense to you. Don’t psychoanalyze it to death. Take time to get yourself together if you must, but then move on.

If you are of age and have "consensual" sex with a partner, guess what....that's no crime! Legislating human emotion and feelings is probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 1021
Posted: 8/17/2009 11:39:40 PM

If you are of age and have "consensual" sex with a partner, guess what....that's no crime? Legislating human emotion and feelings is probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of.

Yoooooooo! Mo...

how are those hypnotist classes coming along?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >