Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 1038
view profile
History
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!Page 17 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)

...Or maybe we could pass a law that women must continue having sex after marriage...

You know they discovered a food product that, when eaten, permanently removes a woman's sex drive? It's called wedding cake.
 redheadlady4
Msg: 1040
view profile
History
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 10/15/2009 7:04:19 PM
Welsh" I completly agree with what you are saying. I have found myself in this situation....however, that being said...Its "My Bad" if I dont see it comming, these guys that practice this behaviour will get theirs eventually..but I still say it was "My bad" to go thru with it, I will say this...it has made me alot stronger now, they are the loosers here !!
 Dee4166
Msg: 1045
view profile
History
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 10/16/2009 5:25:01 AM

you missing my point karla and totally overlooking what im on about! what if a guy strings a woman along for months on the belief he loves her and she falls in love with him also and feels ok and ready to have a sexual encounter with him...but all along shes just a sexual conquest to him and nothing more! then dumps her when he,s had what he wanted!? i have many female friends who have been soul destroyed by this,, they wasnt forced into sex...the vital point is they were (TRICKED)

A story as OLD as TIME!!! NOT going to stop anytime soon...BTW...if he's capable of this "deception| for a period of MONTHS, then she has BIGGER problems than being strung along...She's pobably dealing with an individual with anti-social disorder, (sociopath!)

And the SOLUTION.....

USE THE BRAINS THAT THE CREATOR GAVE YOU!!!!

Rather than expending all kinds of mental energy on schemes on how to "trap' him, or obssessing over "what he thinks of me!" Women need to become more interested in taking care of themselves and their self-esteem in a respectful and firm manner and learn how to honour their feelings/intuition as much as their ability to rationalize...

In these cases there are no victims, just volunteers...(and NO!!! that is NOT a Dr. Phil-ism") heard it LONG before he was a twinkle in Oprah's eye!!!
 TheReason_
Msg: 1046
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2009 7:09:13 AM
I think she fell for the old "and for my next trick, I'm going to need a blonde volunteer, and a condom" routine.

motownmaniax
Msg: 1048
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:28:23 PM

How would they enforce such a law in utopia anyways? There are always always gonna be wolves and sheep, just as there is night and day. It's up to Women and Men to smarten up if they don't want to be so seduced.

If a law was ever passed I can only imagine how clogged the legal system would be with stupid, frivolous cases of scorned men and women demanding financial restitution for being so "tricked". I'd hate to be the lawyers and judges having to adjudicate such drivel...lol.
 Dee4166
Msg: 1049
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:34:54 PM
Now is that like a....MAGIC trick? Or a one-trick pony...?
Hallowe'en is coming...are we talking trick or treat, here????

Sorry folks...I'm still trying to figure out how someone gets "tricked" into having sex...
Must be SOME kinda sleight of hand or, erm...WHATEVER!!!
 startle
Msg: 1050
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:55:45 PM
i have found in dating men that the deceiving begins at stage one...men feel all women want a ring on her finger for security..translation---money-- so she doesn't have to work...the idea that a women is on the prowl for sex is laughable...we can get that all day long...therefore all women would like to get money from men now or later,, in the form of a wedding ring...if you are looking for money now ...say so...money later say so...let them say what they will...state your case and there will be no need for deceit and lies...
 motownmaniax
Msg: 1051
Posted: 10/16/2009 2:15:58 PM
Sexual manipulation happens in both sexes.

For men, in the absence of pure physical appeal (I don't think the gorgeous, hunky males of the world have to demand sex; they have willing hordes of women throwing themselves at them without much invitation), those who have power, influence, and money use it to get what they want.

For women it's not so much centered on getting sex, since that's not an issue for most women, but tangible, materialistic items of benefit. I personally know of one case where the woman uses her sexuality to gain favors such as fixing things around her house (and not cheap handyman stuff), free nights out of entertainment (meals, concerts, etc), and direct $$$ from men that believe she likes them more than she lets on.

In all cases it's still dater beware. If there's one thing I'd like to drill into anyone who dates, whether it be on here or not, is to be careful and not gullible and too idealistic. I can't stress that enough.

But legislate dating behavior? Too funny.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 1054
Posted: 11/24/2010 8:40:26 AM
how could anyone be "tricked" into a sexual encounter?

if you don't want to have a sexual encounter with another person you say no to them.if you were assaulted or raped by the person then you go to the police and make a report so charges can be filed againest that person.

if you feel that you were lied to or misled and thats all that happened to you then you need to get over it and move on. this is how you live and learn.
 Billy_Famine
Msg: 1055
Posted: 11/24/2010 10:04:07 AM
Tricked into sex?

No way, I never promise girls marriages or anything of the sort (marriage? Last thing I'd want is to be doomed into this)

I have sex and move on.

Remember, it's good for me, and it's good for her. I don't owe her anything.

Sometimes I trick gold diggers into thinking I got gold, and I don't. I think that's fair though.
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 1056
Posted: 11/24/2010 12:06:44 PM
I've been tricked into a relationship in which there is no sex. I'm going to do something about it however. Look elsewhere.
 Walts
Msg: 1057
Posted: 11/24/2010 2:43:17 PM
More laws for the nutbars!!! Great freaking idea.

Laws are only for people that follow em. Dirtbags(players) don't follow rules. None.
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 1058
Posted: 11/25/2010 4:03:06 AM
If there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters, there should be a school for common sense. It's a pity both can't be applied.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 1060
Posted: 11/25/2010 8:23:59 AM
If there were a law against people tricking you into having sex , then the human species would become extinct.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 1061
Posted: 11/26/2010 5:17:30 AM
old and out of date forum postings never die on this site.

when i saw this posting it ticked me off.thats all we need is more laws to protect the stupid people at the expense of those of us who are not.

we need to live and learn from our mistakes and bad choices.we need to forgive those that have wronged us.we will be better citizens and better neighbors if we do so.
 eastwood969
Msg: 1062
Posted: 11/26/2010 8:25:54 AM
We already have laws against this type of behavior, it's to protect children under the age of 18 from doing things before their mind has had a chance to develop.There are already too many laws on the books. We don't enforce the laws we already have,hence the parole system. Everything in the current laws is flawed due to a persons ability to hire good legal council. The only law that needs to be legislated now is to start erasing the book of laws and stop taxing people for every single little bitty problem you can think of.
 karma1160
Msg: 1063
Posted: 11/26/2010 8:42:57 AM
I am sorry you feel like you were betrayed, it is painful when you believe certain things to be true and they are not.
However, does this change the validity of your feelings at the time, sharing yourself with someone is a two way street.
I would ask you this question, every time you have a feeling like sharing the quality of your loving response with someone, does it have to be recognised or reciprocated?
Can you not just give for the sake of giving, because it is within you?
Sex is a biological response, love is a emotional response when the two come together it is fantastic and the ultimate of experiences, but sometimes the lines can get foggy.
What you really need to do is forgive yourself for being human and wanting to share yourself with someone in a close intimate way.
Obviously, you felt it was within you to do so, because in your world this is how it works feelings = intimacy. In your world this is how it is supposed to be.
Sometimes people are so jaded and without an example of this equation that they do not operate in a same way. This is sad, this person will only feel the satisfaction of the prize, and will not know what it is really like to be real and vulnerable with someone.
You can not be responsible for what someone else feels or does all you can do is be the loving responsive person you are, because this is real for you.
 1234happy
Msg: 1064
Posted: 11/26/2010 10:05:47 AM

If someone is having sex for any other reason than they want to, that would be a form of prostitution and there are laws already in place for that.

Should the laws be amended to state that any person expecting a relationship (payment) for having sex with another would be considered a ‘prostitute’ and the one offering the relationship (payment) in return for sex would be considered a ‘John’?

Both are morally wrong, IMO, and we don’t have enough prisons to make that a criminal offense.

Have sex because you want to have sex, not because you think you’ll get something else (payment) in return.
 lostintheshufle
Msg: 1065
Posted: 11/26/2010 7:37:05 PM
Tricked like a con artist? Or tricked as in he drugged your drink? There are two different things.

How about girls or guy that sleep with someone to get at their money? Or if they do it for revenge? You can have a civil suit against them and sue them.
 Vannili
Msg: 1066
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2010 8:21:38 PM
Tricked like a con artist ? or tricked as in he drugged your drink? There are two different things.
How about girls or guy that sleep worth someone to get at their money? Or if they do it for revenge? You can have a civil suit against them and sue them.

To sleep with someone for their money is fair enough , the term is paid service of two consenting adults.. If a person do sexual for revenge,s/he better do a good job and not half done. There is no such law suit on these cases.

But if a man tricked me like a con artist in to a relationship with no sex, he better get a good defense that I am not a NUN or his church SISTER ,because I'll sue him and I'll get the best lawyer.......

Bob67890
Msg: 1067
Posted: 11/27/2010 1:02:14 AM
I don't know if there are laws on this already, but it would be a good thing in the ideal, if it were possible.

The old example of manipulating someone to get sexual favors is classic. It would probably fall under laws regarding fraud, though, for the moment, I suppose.
I heard that in Israel (?) there was a case like that where a woman claimed she had been duped into believing a date was of a certain nationality/religion, and it was an important matter to her, and she wouldn't have had sex with him had she known the truth.

I think there were doubts about the woman's honesty but in an actual case, it could certainly be an offense.

Just being able to say no isn't sufficient, in this sort of case since the person was duped. Like telling a person a bunch of lies to get them to sleep with you. Significant lies such as they love you, etc. Not just 'I have a million dollars' etc. Or anything else which is abusive.

I'd be in favor, but it could be very hard to prove at times. However we have laws against sexual harassment. There's nothing to stop legislating against sexual exploitation. But you'd have to make the requirements for valid proof rigorous enough, to offset frivolous or malicious charges.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1068
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2010 3:00:19 AM
Tricked into sex???

Is that like the old joke where the magician tells the little boy to turn around and drop
his pants.....asks the little boy if he can feel his thumb in his bum....then puts
both hands out and says......."TA-DA" ?!!!!
 Vannili
Msg: 1069
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2010 9:31:03 AM
MsMicki,
I sworned that you are not just a pretty face on this planet but witty and cute funny.
 forums1
Msg: 1070
Posted: 11/27/2010 11:24:48 AM
Nah... but I do think there should be laws against people posting stupid threads like this one and having them go on forever.
 RockinDaze
Msg: 1072
Posted: 11/27/2010 10:17:04 PM
I think I saw that lying around here someplace... The Law of Wisdom... otherwise we might all be cellmates at some point.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >