Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 handsm5
Msg: 161
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!Page 3 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
...tricked into a bad business deal...? Yes - laws against (that). 'Tricked' into buying a 'lemon' of a car / vehicle? Yes - laws against that...and ton's of other laws on the books. But a law against being 'tricked into sex'? Even if (the government's) WOULD institute such a law / laws, how in the world would the law be enforced? Possibly call the police and report 'the crime' - but then maybe people would trick others into thinking their the police. Maybe these 'police' would trick the woman who was just tricked into sex - for MORE sex. Turning too many tricks here now...
 msflis
Msg: 162
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:26:24 PM

How do you 'trick' someone into a sexual encounter anyway?
Like this:

Now look, Dyno, Sleepy and Creativ, if you go giving away these surefire lines in public like this, then EVERYONE will know how to trick someone into a sexual encounter. And THEN what silly laws can we contemplate creating?

--Ms. Flis
 Ignoble
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:28:22 PM
"Holy crap! Hun! You're clothes are on fire! Quick, take em offff!"

She does so.

"Great, now just let me get the aloe and rub it all over you."

He does so.

"Say... have you ever heard of the game "Just the tip." ???
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:30:38 PM
Ok op first I was surprised by your age and the question you asked.
Buying a car and having sex with someone are two completely different things. As far as the cars go if you've signed the papers for it I hope you read them first.

Sex is an individual choice and either yes or no. Bad choices can be made, lies can be told, but it still comes down to someone said yes to the sex.
And having a guy wait around for months so he can 'hit it an quit it' I do not see that happening too often when they can move onto an easier lay.

Some one once posed a question on here about weather or not she was raped. She would have won the stupid award on that one, but it got deleted. Bottom line with it was went on a date with a guy, let him into her house and he then told her he usually didn't leave a dates house until after sex, so she slept with him to make him go home.
s didn't tell him no, to leave, call for help, or any of those things, she laid down spread her legs and let him have sex with her. She then wanted to say he raped her.
Does she seem justified to you?????
Rape or abuse is something done by force when someone has said no or stop and you do it anyway. It is not 'I made a bad choice but its not my fault'.
Own up to mistakes and learn from them. Move on and grow in your life.
And stop bad mouthing people because they don't agree with you, you asked for opinions and that is what your getting.
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:41:57 PM
She gave all the details, he just walked in and sat on her couch from what she stated in her post. Didn't ask him to leave, didn't call the police or anything, didn't tell him no.
He didn't even tell her he wouldn't leave. She stated that he told her as he sat down on the couch, that most of his dates ended with sex. So her logic was to get rid of him quicker she'd have sex with him.
She made the choice to do so.
I only remember it all because it made me so mad when I was reading it, I thought I must have read it wrong so I had to go back ad read it a couple times.

vvvv Exactly. Makes things harder for those women to be taken seriously who were raped or abused when you get ones like that running around crying rape.
 Ignoble
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:42:20 PM
lol I dont think theres any grey area there sleepytime. It was made quite clear by the post that just didnt want him around and so let him have sex with her. Didnt sound like she sounded threatened to me.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:45:26 PM
I think there should be a law against stupid people having sex. Unfortunately, others have already tried but found that there's no way to legislate against ignorance.
 Ignoble
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:50:08 PM
LMAO Women would be the first to be sued for "false advertising" if it was allowed in that context. Itd be decades before they got around to the men.
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 181
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:57:49 PM
Not me I have none.
I do make sure my azz looks good in my pants though before I get them. lol
We all work with what we got, makes us feel good.
Ok this was so not oT sorry mods couldn't help it.

vvvvv The women made the choice to sleep with the guy, they were not forced it is NOT rape. It is hurt, feelings, pride, whatever.
And while your guy bashing did you ever stop to think they get played too?
You don't get 'tricked' into having sex. You make the choice to have it and even 'with the ring on your finger' it doesn't mean its forever. Life is a gamble and you learn from the choices you make so you can grow as a person.
 RoyalLady
Msg: 182
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:59:17 PM
There should be because it is a hair short of date rape in the fact that the woman was tricked, but unfortunately it all falls under some archaic loophole known in legal circles as "the art of seduction" ... which pretty much boils down to.. Ladies "buyer beware"!!

too many cases have been thrown out of court and women need to band together and get these laws changed. We need to be protected from jerks that pull off this kind of stunt...
thus the ring on the finger first with most gals that are into serious relationships!!
 ~1happywoman~
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:03:57 PM
I would reserve judgement on the gentleman described as a "game player" until I could hear his side of things. We've heard the OP's version of what happened to her friend, which is very, very biased, and rightly so - she is defending her friend, who was hurt. She is taking up the crusade to bash any man who comes into a woman's life, loves her and then it's over. How do we know she didn't scare the bejebbers out of him in bed? Or maybe she just laid there like a corpse and he decided he couldn't take that? Maybe it reminded him of a previous relationship and he couldn't handle that? How do we know that this man only set out to get sex? If she only had sex with long term loving partners, what happened to them? Where did they go? I would like to know how a consenting adult can be "mislead" into a sexual encounter.

If the OP's friend is so messed up over this relationship, she needs psychological help.
Falling in love is easy enough; the landing part is what hurts. Every time you land, it hurts, and it may not get easier, but you know you survived the last time and went on to love again.

I am offended, and a little ticked off, that a nameless, faceless group of men are being labeled as "animals". This thread seems just ludicrous because we have absolutely not one single fact to go on, yet the OP is up in arms and ready to have men prosecuted for breaking a heart. And how does the OP know that this friend of hers would not be mortified that her personal situation was brought up as a part of a discussion on an internet thread?
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:08:30 PM
Only if they have similar laws against stupid people

and the gullible.

and bad drivers on their cell phones, or who have there turn signal on for 5 miles straight.

and people who stand in the middle of the aisle in grocery stores..yappin'

Don't you think we have enough laws?

There are laws against fraud and "confidence" schemes...maybe there is something in that you can look into.
 RoyalLady
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:13:26 PM
Oh lord! Are you serious????
the courts have had many cases like these appear before them where the injured party discovers after a lengthy period of time that the perp was "married". Try suing them and it's up to the wife not the "mistress" even tho she didn't know she was a mistress. this kind of crap has been going on since the dawn of time ==> Men lying to women to get them in the sack and have an extra marital relationship with them unbeknownst to them he was even married !!

Here's a lyric from the 15th century (penned down in 1909) that is still performed today, by Pentangle in the 60s, and recently made famous (again) by Loreena McKennitt:

A blacksmith courted me
Nine months and better
He fairly won my heart
Wrote me a letter
With his hammer in his hand
He looked quite clever
And if I was with my love
I'd live for ever.

But where is my love gone
With his cheeks like roses
And his good black Billycock on
Decked round with primroses
I'm afraid the scorching sun
Will shine and burn his beauty
And if I was with my love
I'd do my duty.

Strange news is come to town
Strange news is carried
Strange news flys up and down
That my love is married.
I wish them both much joy
Though they can't hear me
And may God reward him well
For the slighting of me.

"Don't you remember when
You lay beside me
And you said you'd marry me
And not deny me"
"If I said I'd marry you
It was only for to try you
So bring your witness love
And I'll not deny you."

"No witness have I none
Save God Almighty
And may he reward you well
For the slighting of me"
Her lips grew pale and wan
It made a poor heart tremble
To think she loved a one
And he proved deceitful.

<div class="quote"> s&s wrote: How can someone truly trick you into a sexual encounter?
 msflis
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:17:38 PM

There should be because it is a hair short of date rape in the fact that the woman was tricked, but unfortunately it all falls under some archaic loophole known in legal circles as "the art of seduction" ... which pretty much boils down to.. Ladies "buyer beware"!!
too many cases have been thrown out of court and women need to band together and get these laws changed. We need to be protected from jerks that pull off this kind of stunt...

Oh, come ON. Do we even know for sure that she was "tricked," let alone how that's possible? It's a hair short of date rape AFTER FOUR MONTHS? You say this with only the sketchy, emotion-riddled details provided by the crusading OP?

I think she feels tricked because things didn't go the way she wanted them to after they had sex. She feels tricked because her guy didn't live up to her expectations and stay with her. She feels tricked because she thinks she made a mistake, and it's easier to point the finger at the guy than at anything she might have done.

Mind you, I think it's a little rotten of him or any guy to abruptly end things after their first night together. I understand why she feels bad about the timing of the way it was ended. But I don't see any evidence whatsoever that she was tricked into anything, let alone something close to rape. And the lie-to-yourself-till-you-believe-it attitude that goes with "My feelings were hurt, so I'm deciding after the fact that it couldn't have been consensual" does a terrible disservice to those trying to prosecute legitimate rape cases.

--Ms. Flis
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:22:20 PM
With how much info is floating around on the net now there is no excuse (as far as the guy being married) if your that paranoid or you have children or red flags have started popping up, then you can damn well check the person out and see what's what.
People need to grow up and take responsibility for thier actions and choices. No one made these women or men say yes I will have sex with you.

Where did the Op go anyway?
 The01Exception
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:27:23 PM
You're essentially saying that it's okay to lie, and it's not. Btw people DO go jail for lying- it's called perjury. Lying is wrong no matter how you dress it up that is whether or not the lie is big or little.

All that is not to say that I agree with the OP, because the fact of the matter is that 1) Proving a person's intent would be hard 2) People wouldn't let a law like that pass, because no one wants the law involved in their personal affairs and 3) Sometimes people need to just take things as a learning experience. By that I mean, if you are beginning to find that the men or women you come into contact with are using you for sex (and it bothers you), then you could stop having sex, or do some self-reflecting and figure out what it is about YOU that makes people want to use you. Once you've figured out the problem, fix it- simple.
 The01Exception
Msg: 198
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:28:11 PM
that was in reply to fyritup's remarks
 RoyalLady
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:29:55 PM
Ms Flis, it depends on the circumstances. Being "seduced" into consentual sex is trickery. Wanting a guy or gal cuz they're hot and you both want it and you lust each other is a different matter.

"the Art of Seduction" is trickery.. married men (and women) get away with it... it is still a form of rape.. the woman feels victimized and suffers the emotional trauma that one goes through with date rape. the fact she isn't physically bruised, beaten or killed doesn't trivialize the situation.

No, she cannot say she was dateraped, but the the fact that she was fooled/tricked/seduced into a sexual relationship shows dishonour on the one that got her there.

that is no different than you or anyone getting conned out of your money by some perp here or anywhere.
She was victimized, plain and simple!
Is getting conned in sex less important than getting conned out of your money??
No!
it's the same load of BS of getting conned!
A con job is a con job is a con job!
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 201
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:30:33 PM
I don't think anyone here is saying its ok to lie to someone. And I thought perjury was when you lied on the stand under oath?

"Are you freakin serious? I hope you're not. What about the women who trick men into impregnating them so they can get child support? So far as I know there are no laws against that! That's more deceitful than almost anything any man could say to trick you into the sack."

Excellent point!

EDIT: Royal no one is saying that person isn't going to get hurt but her own free will put her into bed with the guy. She said yes.
Have you been raped or molested? I have and I can tell you there is a big difference between that and a broken heart, or hurt pride.
Both might hurt but there is a huge difference between make a bad choice and having that choice taken away from you.
 hdbkrgrl
Msg: 202
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:30:51 PM
Be real we are all adults. When you have a sexual encounter with someone it is your choice. Life is all about choices and when you have sex with someone you dont really know that well it is your fault when they turn out to be something other than what you expected them to be....buyer beware
 Fightdirector
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:34:39 PM
In a perfect world - Yes.

I have had several, not just one, encounter with married women who presented themselves as single - and one of those ended in my having to knock her husband unconcious in self-defense. Though he did not attempt to have me arrested for assault and battery (probably out of embarassment), I could have been. If such a law were in effect, I might have had some legal protection, and the onus would have been on the woman who "deceived, concealed or deliberate distorted the truth."

I have come to the sad conclusion that, for every man who only thinks with their p***s, there is an equal number of women who only think with their v****a.
 The01Exception
Msg: 206
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:35:43 PM
blue eyes .... It's still lying is it not?
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 208
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:43:34 PM
The ten I was just asking because I wasn't sure but in the eyes of the law there is a difference between lying under oath and walking down the street saying something untrue. we would all be in jail if that were the case. How many of us said we felt fine when we didn't? Its still a lie right?

"In response to YES MAYBE statements... yeah my friend was told this guy was a potential creep but do people that are already in deep always listen..... dont you have to live to learn??? her feelings for him blinded her judgement of him i suppose! and he took avantage of that! and yeah i met this guy she was dating twice! and could see it straight off...but not all us humans have built in creep radars!!! "

She was warned! get over it she made a bad choice.
 msflis
Msg: 210
Posted: 1/4/2008 5:51:35 PM

Ms Flis, it depends on the circumstances. Being "seduced" into consentual sex is trickery. Wanting a guy or gal cuz they're hot and you both want it and you lust each other is a different matter.
"the Art of Seduction" is trickery.. married men (and women) get away with it... it is still a form of rape.. the woman feels victimized and suffers the emotional trauma that one goes through with date rape. the fact she isn't physically bruised, beaten or killed doesn't trivialize the situation.
No, she cannot say she was dateraped, but the the fact that she was fooled/tricked/seduced into a sexual relationship shows dishonour on the one that got her there.
that is no different than you or anyone getting conned out of your money by some perp here or anywhere.
She was victimized, plain and simple!
Is getting conned in sex less important than getting conned out of your money??
No!
it's the same load of BS of getting conned!
A con job is a con job is a con job!

What most con jobs have in common is that the victim is the one who actually allows it to happen, through greed or foolishness. And this woman said yes, thus allowing it to happen. Whether it's a con job, or a seduction by a player, or the act of a cowardly man who came to an abrupt realization that he and this woman weren't right for each other--well, we don't know. We have only the OP's word for it that the friend was somehow "tricked"--but I didn't see any evidence presented that she was lied to, just that she was left by the guy after they had sex (again, after a considerable period of time that I believe most would rule out his being anyone who was out only to bed her). It happens all the time that people leave other people at various stages of a relationship. It also happens all the time that the one who was left feels betrayed. Sometimes they WERE betrayed--but many times they were betrayed by themselves every bit as much, or more so, as by the one who left.

I am not saying that this woman doesn't feel victimized to some degree. Maybe there are even legitimate reasons for that feeling; we can't know, given the minimal information at hand. But I still do not think that is at all the same as the emotional and physical trauma of one who suffers a date rape--or any other rape.

Seduction isn't rape. It's persuasion to do something you want to do anyway.

--Ms. Flis
 printer2
Msg: 216
Posted: 1/4/2008 6:12:41 PM
So a man says to you he loves you and he sleeps with you then leaves. What are we going to do, put him in jail because he deceived you?

Now what if he told you he loved you and did not sleep with you but left. He still deceived you and left. Should we send him to jail?

What is the evil thing? Him deceiving you or you having sex with him. Which part hurts. Him leaving or the time you spent rolling around with each other?

Have you ever thought he might have decided the sex was not that good and did not want to be stuck with it for the rest of his life?

If you do not want to be used for sex and then be thrown away, you want some consequences against someone doing that sign a contract. A marriage contract.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >