Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 venusflytrap
Msg: 328
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!Page 5 of 45    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
LOL
She should have gotten it in writing!!!!
 braveheart106
Msg: 331
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/5/2008 8:59:18 PM
To the OP:
I hope you are joking about this posting. Non consentual sex i.e rape is a serious offense and the person should be punished but having a law that would punish someone if they tricked you in having sex????

It's a choice someone makes whether they want to have sex or not. Two consenting adults are free to do whatever they please. It stinks to be lied to but in dating we all take chances. I'm sure there are men as well as women out there like this.

Don't mean to be rude but that's by far the dumbest thread I've seen on here

Happy
 kycowboy323
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/5/2008 9:26:25 PM
I think any woman that would claim to have been tricked into sex, probably only agreed to sex to try to snag somebody and then found out that he wasn't what he said. It's like money con games, you can only be conned most of the time if you greedy and are also trying to con somebody. If she desired sex and enjoyed sex, she would have no reason to complain that she was conned into having it! I believe that she was only using it as something to get her way. Only think she is mad about is that she sold it for one price and got paid another!
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 335
Posted: 1/5/2008 9:27:21 PM
Since we need the government to legislate everything, why not have laws protecting the naive, too?
Isn't there enough government regulation?
I know this is farfetched, but how about requiring someone to have common sense and a sense of personal accountability? "Tricked" into sexual encounters? The last I knew, any person has a right to say no, and if forced, then that is rape, and there are laws against that!
 RyuuHou24
Msg: 342
Posted: 1/6/2008 1:49:29 AM
Let's see, how can I trick the smart, intelligent to pull her pants down, open her legs, and get on top of me......oooooo, lie to her, that'll totally work cause she doesn't have a brain of her own at all!!!

Seriously, grow a freaking brain, tell your friends to grow a freaking brain, and stop trying to make money off your own stupidity. You should know better by now.
 isnap
Msg: 344
Posted: 1/6/2008 3:04:54 AM
Women are the ones who need sex all the time.
Get your mind right.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 348
Posted: 1/6/2008 6:06:29 AM

For anybody concerned....do you think there should be laws against game players that trick you into sexual encounters and dress things up in deceit ...i personally have put up this subject on forums because i have many females net friends who more and more have been a victims of this sort of misleading un-savory behavior! and would like to hear peoples opinions on the subject????? do you truely think the act or practice of deceiving, concealment or deliberate distortion of truth for the purpose of someones sexual gain is duplicity that the law should protect??? and maybe should be seen as second class rape?? because lets face it tricking somebody into bed with lies and conning them with the promise of long lasting love and maybe more!! is kind of wrong! ,isnt casual sex meant to be a both party consented thing on both sides! shouldnt both parties make it clear to each other that it is just......(SEX) and nothing more... to spare ones inner dignity!! tricking sex out of people is so doggish in my opinion and very low life! whats your views?????????

Oh Lord, did I really just read this? I did not read all 15 pages because I don't feel like sitting here all day long. I think that post is ridiculous. Utterly. Nobody likes to feel like someone got the best of them and took off for bigger and better. But anyone who seriously thinks playing rude dating games is a prosecutable offense should also be thrown in idiot prison. I don't know any state's budget that could handle that....and we'd have no one left in general society.
 breezer2
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 6:17:05 AM
I can assure you there was alot more to the story than what the friend was telling .

Hey how about she did something in the bedroom that was to kinky for him to handle
or maybe she really sucked in the boodwah ( or didn't pun intended ) and he didn't have any other way to say it without a bigger soul distroying event .

Mop , no trickery involved just a piece of the relationship puzzle didn't fit . The tragedy would have been to continue on with it and pretend .

And thats my opinion sports fans whats yours ?

Breeze
 breezer2
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 6:31:30 AM
Ok now its happened ...I'm starting to feel like an idiot for even posting on such a rediculous thread and can't believe its still going .

So I'm not adding anymore fuel and not beating this dead horse anymore

See Ya !!

Breeze
 Flipper Jones
Msg: 353
Posted: 1/6/2008 8:25:33 AM
I don't believe anyone with a full deck gets "tricked" into having sex. Do people get "played" yes it happens all the time (to both women AND men) I don't think we need laws against it, I think people need to tune in their bullsh!+ detectors. It's really not that difficult to spot a player.
 Cynderella
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 8:29:20 AM
Eastside: Funny!!!

Yes it's wrong!!!
But how do you prove intention...?...When it's in one's head.
Some need to be taught morals and other how to spot the con!
 cupholder
Msg: 361
Posted: 1/6/2008 12:12:35 PM
The guy did not FORCE you to do anything, thus it is not rape or any possible form of it.

The government's job is to protect people from people attacking them, not to protect the people from themselves.

Thus, don't be so naive in the future.
 AlliKreme
Msg: 364
Posted: 1/6/2008 12:49:32 PM
For anybody concerned....do you think there should be laws against game players that trick you into sexual encounters and dress things up in deceit ...i personally have put up this subject on forums because i have many females net friends who more and more have been a victims of this sort of misleading un-savory behavior!

Uhmmmm...what??? LOL How does anyone get tricked into getting naked and letting someone penetrate them?? What kinda master magicians are they going out with???
 PeteDSM
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 12:57:11 PM
How about taking a little personal responsibility rather than looking to government to help you make good choices in the bedroom?
 printer2
Msg: 367
Posted: 1/6/2008 6:39:12 PM
I have the feeling this thread is going to become a classic.

How about there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters and then cut you off for months at a time then say that was all you will get? Would you be able to sue for the lost time and effort you put into the relationship? All the heartache you felt, the feeling of being used?

AceOfSpace
Msg: 368
Posted: 1/6/2008 9:18:46 PM
Fraud is fraud is fraud, which is the making of false promises or representations to obtain something of value from someone who would not otherwise give it. When the victim relies on the promises and is harmed as a result, the perpetrator is liable.

The problem with claiming fraud with respect to sex is that fraud is a tort, and the only remedy for a tort is monetary damages. Obviously, trying to put a monetary value on sex is going to seem unacceptable, and a woman who makes the complaint might not want to go into detail about exactly what she did during the tryst.

There is also injunctive relief, which is a court order to make good on a promise or stop engaging in harmful behavior. However, why would a woman want to continue with a man who can't be trusted, and how can a court possibly enforce an order to stop hitting up women?
 nexthyme
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2008 9:58:42 PM
As I stated way early and it seems to be something few have considered... YES DORTHY there IS LAWS TO PROTECT THIS... IT IS CALLED MARRIAGE...

If one is going to complain that she/he had sex with someone and then they left, she/he has left themself OPEN to feeling used and abused...

That may sound sooooo old fashion, however as momma said, why buy the cow, when the milk has came for free??? Why stick with the cow, when the milk wasn't that sweet??? Heck, why buy the pig, when all that is wanted is a little sausage...

What ever anyone complains about, it is a MORAL issue... Unless this guy forced her to have sex, then it is NOT rape...

Just like there are no legal reprocussions in deviding property when two people haven't been married, neither is there one for having sex...

southernlass
Msg: 371
Posted: 1/7/2008 12:31:26 AM
I haven't read the entire sixteen pages of this thread but I don't think it's necessary in order to respond with my opinion that laws to punish people who trick others into sexual encounters couldn't be enforced appropriately. This is like most fraudulent activities. It's hard to prove and winds up being a "he said, she said" scenario.

The best way for a woman to protect herself from a predatory player-type is to hold off on sexual and emotional intimacy for quite some time. It's unfortunate that a return to the "old days" is necessary but I think it holds its advantages. You really tend to know someone a lot better after time has gone by, especially if you haven't rushed into the bedroom with them. Sleeping with someone quickly tends to shade your perspective on who they are.

Holding off on sexual intimacy may keep emotions in check for a while as you spend time finding out about other things in common, temperment, personalities, and other important areas of concern. Personally, I think that the serial monogamous relationships society is engaging in today, where people are sexually intimate over and over again in these casual, brief relationships that end and then said person is onto the next one, swearing their undying love again --these are rather pathetic attempts at true intimacy. They are nothing of the kind. Eventually sex becomes mindless, heartless and meaningless, one becomes jaded, used up, burned out, hardened, emotionally unavailable, and afraid of intimacy altogether.

We're abusing something that was supposed to be special and shared by those who really cared about one another. There is only one way that I know of to prevent being used, tricked, and manipulated. It is up to each woman out there to begin to value herself and stop giving her body away so easily. Wait until there is significant proof that the one you think loves you really does care. Wait until the engagement ring is on your finger or close to it. I really doubt a player is going to wait that long but the man who really loves you will.
 Sauder
Msg: 372
Posted: 1/7/2008 1:45:53 AM
What turnip truck did you fall off of?

No there do not need to be any more laws, that is why we are in a mess. You want you hand held by a governing body instead of pulling up your boot straps and handling your business like an adult.

So for the people that feel tricked, in a way you deserved it. Learn and do better next time.

And yes, I have experience with this subject. On the getting bent over end of it.
 Sauder
Msg: 373
Posted: 1/7/2008 1:47:46 AM
fraud is fraud.... lol
As far as the money goes, according to the hooker that hit on my dad at the gas station, a full ride is $20.00
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 376
Posted: 1/7/2008 4:00:29 AM
There are a lot of predators out there. Darwin wrote about the survival of the fittest.
Instead of pointing a finger and saying, "He tricked me into loving him!" how about taking a life's lesson learned and being a little bit wiser the next time.
Our society is already overly litigious. Unless a person is less than competent so that they require protection from the unsavory, can't we adhere to a concept of personal accountability?
I have made many bad choices in my lifetime, but never thought that because I allowed myself to be taken advantage of that I should hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit. Then again, anyone can sue anyone for anything. It rankles me to contemplate all of the money I could have won for emotional distress, by not filing suit for all the bad choices I myself made. It is always someone else's fault, and I was a Victim.
 womanofpassion2007
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2008 5:14:11 AM
Face it. There are many players on these dating sites.....Know it!! Wrap your brain completely around it!!...when the red flags go up...see them and follow your gut. They can only trick us if we want to be tricked.....and sometimes maybe we do....
 msflis
Msg: 385
Posted: 1/7/2008 3:05:24 PM

100 times, of minimum 1 hour duration each time and minimum 1 hour break between

Then the heartbreak REALLY comes into play! (Where is this man?)

--Ms. Flis
 boyzni3
Msg: 386
Posted: 1/7/2008 3:49:22 PM
A law like this would be similarly stupid to many of the laws concerning prostitution........My reasoning......I can go to a bar, chat a guy up, get him to buy me thirty dollars worth of drinks, then have sex with him.......He didnt actually give me money per se but an in kind benefit........this is legal but prostitution is not......sounds about the same circular logic for the law you are proposing.......
 boaterbob925
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 11:00:15 AM
what if a guy strings a woman along for months on the belief he loves her and she falls in love with him also and feels ok and ready to have a sexual encounter with him...
FINALLY... in a moment of mutual passion (passion his, surrender hers) the big event happens.
AND IT IS A DUD! No fireworks, no bells ringing, just a tedious surrender after months of teasing and saying NO. The man leaves devastated... conflicted after wasting months to find out that the woman who he thought was his lover to be just wasn't into it.
ANY woman I have had a passionate encounter with was never dumped because I got what I wanted... she was pursued with renewed vigor because I couldn't get enough and needed more. If passion is not mutual, there is no flame, no heat, no reason to go on. This gal wasn't dumped... she was set free to find someone who she can truly make her run with scissors.
Bob
PS...
All my serious relationships started with fire and stayed hot because we kept blowing on the coals. If a partner won't blow on the coals with you... the fire goes out.

PPS
What a lucky escape he made. Can you imagine living with a Drama Queen who thinks relationships should be tailored to her needs by lawyers? What she needs is not a law, but counseling to help her lose her fear of mutual adult relationships and gain some self respect as a woman.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >