Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bad fisherman
Msg: 393
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!Page 6 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
I believe there is a law to protect other's from people who are so out of tune that they do not know when you willing take your clothes off it is on you. You can not blame someone else for that.
 Nachogirlfriend
Msg: 395
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/12/2008 8:14:30 AM
I see what you are saying.. about tricking.. that is just plain lying.
Everyone has the choice to believe what they hear or not.
And they should have control of their own body.

Do I believe there should be a LAW against this? NO WAY.....
People and their feelings fluctuate...it is difficult to prove
intent. So a fickle person is doomed.... suppose he or she falls in heavy lust.. and the other party perceives it as love? who do you blame? Everything should be discussed before any exchange of bodily fluids.

We have enough laws, and to lump this with Rape is ignorant. How can you place a sub section to such a heinous crime?

It is time for people to take responsibility for their own actions. It's like doing something .....then saying 'someone else made me do it'.. it's ridiculous.~T~
 Pink Rose Lady
Msg: 396
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/12/2008 8:42:14 AM
I can just imagine the thousands of women pleading their cases in front of a judge!

Oh, your honour, this very bad man took advantage of me and I think he should go to jail for 5 years now because I was so stupid to fall for his pack of lies. Give me a break today. Our courts are already backlogged with criminal cases. To sue someone successfully, you must prove that you actually lost something, or suffered severely.

It's like buying a new car, honey, buyer beware, and make sure you take it out for a test drive before you decide. And one more thing? Take a good look under the hood, too.

Pink
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 397
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2008 9:07:49 AM
Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware.

'Nuff said.
 Nachogirlfriend
Msg: 398
Posted: 1/12/2008 9:08:16 AM
Hey Pink ,
Not to mention the men......There are many who get taken advantage of sexually too, let's not forget them. The BoyToys ...but a normal woman would tell them ahead of time that they only want them for their bodies.
~T~
 yourheartbeat
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2008 9:26:26 AM
My thoughts on this are, I wish I had the power to turn them into a toad for a day or better yet to cast a spell compelling them to be honest, like the character in "Liar, Liar". In any case this is something that younger folks might do and it would be nice to think that by the time one is older they would leave this tactic behind. But you use what works right? A law? No, the potential for abuse is too great. Common decency cannot be enforced by law anyway.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 401
Posted: 1/12/2008 1:47:23 PM
Posts 407 and 408 sum it up for me.
 whiterain332
Msg: 404
Posted: 1/13/2008 2:18:13 AM
should not these two people meet like adults, under the supervision of two other adults each, and then maybe the truth would be spoken.... did your friend ask the other person to find out "why" it was broken off???????????????
 crayonzz
Msg: 405
Posted: 1/13/2008 2:29:50 AM
we will start with laws against shotgun weddings if you dont mind.
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 406
Posted: 1/13/2008 5:40:17 AM
I propose a law stopping K-Fed from reproducing anymore than he already has. He's done enough damage, but Britney's legacy lives on in her little sister now.

Oh and I can't remember if I posted her, but this is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've read.

If you're dumb enough to have consentual sex with a guy you just met, make sure you enjoy it cause "Love at first sight" is just an expression. He might be there in the morning, but don't be shocked if he isn't.
 whitegold765
Msg: 418
Posted: 1/13/2008 4:54:32 PM
Nope.

There's no law against being a **stard. There's no law against being selfish.

There's no law that says someone who says they love you will still love you in 10 years time. There's no law that says you'll never be hurt by someone.

Making "good behavior" mandated by law is a horrifying concept.

Guys promising the world and then vanishing is bad and wrong and thoughtless, but illegal? Terrifying concept.

And for the record... if you go out on a few dates and you like someone and sleep with them and they ditch you. Yeah... it sucks. But to call that "abuse" seems to be taking it a little too seriously.

Speaking of which... sociopath? Rude and selfish maybe... but sociopath is again taking things way too far.

Somehow they should be punished, because they are NOT human. They are predatory animals.

What is with you people and excessive rhetoric? Bad people are people too. Why do we have to ascribe anything we don't like to somehow being "inhuman". Now guys who try to get laid are "predatory animals"?! Frankly while this behavior is thoughtless and self-centred and manipulative... I couldn't personally think of behaviour that's MORE human.
 ladyc4
Msg: 424
Posted: 1/14/2008 11:58:13 AM
Good grief! Are we STILL beating on this dead horse of a topic??
OP, here's the deal. If you want to totally avoid being "tricked into a sexual encounter", don't date.
In simpler terms;
IF YOU'RE SCARED STAY HOME!!
Cindy O
 sumdood
Msg: 427
Posted: 1/14/2008 12:53:57 PM
As some one else on this forum mentioned, then there would have to be laws against all kinds of deceit. Advertising is often deceitful, how many times have you been disappointed by something you have bought after seeing an ad? Sex and love have the same issues except the stakes are often higher. Buyer beware!

Do we really need more lawyers? especially in the bedroom!

At the same time, we cannot be too cautious and mistrustful or we will shy out of a relationship before one has a chance to start. We have to take prospective dates or companions at their word until we have seen otherwise. Most people can be seen though easily, I believe, it is a skill one must work on.

Usually a con man (or woman) will lead you on with something that seems to good to be true. This applies to every kind of con, sexual or otherwise. You want to believe something that is too good to be true and actually fool yourself into believing it. When I am interested in and attracted to a woman, I make it clear early on that I desire a sexual relationship and do wish to have sex at some point when it seems appropriate to both of us. If I feel 'strung along', then I am gone
 zangie
Msg: 428
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 3:27:37 PM
I have resisted making this comment, but, it's been on my mind...

While I understand the need for sexual compatibility...

Somehow, it just doesn't make me feel any better if a guy dumps me because I sucked in bed?....lol...( by his standards)

A lot of men on POF, and this thread, say this like it's no big deal...well, I tried you out, you failed, oh well....I think maybe they can never see this from a female point of view...

I don't know, but, my inclination is to say that if you get to know someone, and your first encounter isn't earth shattering, if you like the person, why couldn't a few more times, and some discussion help the situation...maybe men are never nervous, or shy, the first time, or maybe they know all there is to know about it, or they can read minds about what a person likes or desires?

I like to believe I know what I'm doing, and I'm pretty open minded..but, I could never see myself dumping someone I actually liked just because sex the first time wasn't the best ever..or, maybe, never having a relationship fail because of sex ( or lack of it), I can't relate.

Now, after some effort, if things just don't "mesh", that would be different. But, this one time and you're out seems brutal...

And since marriage isn't one of my goals, manipulating with sex to get it, doesn't apply. Besides which...I'm not the kind of woman who even knows how to manipulate with it, nor would I want too...

I guess, some respect for my feelings is what I would like...
 zangie
Msg: 433
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 7:24:10 PM
I don't think she was tricked into sex at all...I think she MAY have been tricked into thinking he cared about her..isn't that the real issue?
 TonyAlmeda
Msg: 436
Posted: 1/14/2008 8:50:35 PM
so there you have it , the dumb people want laws to protect them because there too dumb to realized theyve been used
 Girlflower
Msg: 442
Posted: 1/15/2008 4:51:10 AM
LOL...ROTF...

We have Pre-marital Agreements these days.. draft up a Pre-Sexual Agreement.. for all those airheads who leap into bed with the smooth talkers... that will weed the Dogs.. and Barracudas out fast...

Didn't Meatloaf sing a song about sex... Will you love me forever? Yada yada..

Or Maybe an agreement not to tell the other partner they were really bad in the sack! If broken and retold to someone else.. penalty ... no sex for X amount of time for you!!! LOL!!!

So if you have doubts about someones sincerity.. make them aware of it and be open.. before I do this, you must sign this.. or else no nookie and if you aren't good to me, well baby it's gonna cost you!!!!! ROTF>>> OMG!

Girlflower
 SwampHunter
Msg: 444
Posted: 1/15/2008 8:17:53 AM
You know - I see OP's point completely - however I don't think criminal sanctions are the best way to handle it. Let's face it, in a business situation, if someone completely misrepresents themselves and then bails on a contract, they can be sued or even jailed for fraud. However in a personal situation, people can lie all they want to and get away with it. I think that's just wrong. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not sure criminal sanctions are the answer, but I could sure see a good case for civil sanctions.

Let's face it, there are folks running around out there - both men and women, that are just incredible liars, and have absolutely no remorse whatsoever about taking advantage of someone emotionally or financially. All they care about is what they can get out of the deal.

One other thing - my dad is an attorney, and my mom is a geneology nut. Well, one afternoon we were talking about my ex and my dad said, "You know, once upon a time here in Georgia a judge could issue a decree of divorce and also at the same time bar someone from EVER marrying again. As far as your ex goes Mark, I'm almost tempted to see if that can still be done." Then my mom chimed in and said she discovered in her geneology research that exactly that same thing had happenned to one of my ancestors. Personally I love the idea.

Bottom line - people shouldn't be allowed to go around wrecking other people emotionally, financially, or otherwise with absolutely no consequences.

Mark
 c_deacon
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 8:18:08 AM
If you are "trading" sex for anything, there is a huge problem......

The "L" word is used way to often for to many reasons, and stated to often to those that you may care about, but not truly love.

It is like what many do with "pain", and how that word is used. When as a child with a cut finger for the first time, the pain is so new and real, and the blood so red, that you scream in fear, run for help, and feel it throb for a long long time. Someone will clean it out, which can make it hurt all over again, and then place a band aid on it while it heals. The pain exists for some time, and finally is gone but a scar or tenderness can remain.

As we age, and have the experience, a cut finger still hurts, but not the way it did as a child, and we usually fix it ourselves and move on. Some never do get over that pain, and hurt, cry and act, like they did when a child. Many still need to run to others for help, or to find a way to dull the pain and not deal with the cut.

Some will say the "pain" is bad even for a cut finger, and find artificial ways to control or dull the pain. Some just never get over it, just as with "love" and the hurt that it can create, so they find ways and excuses to control the pain. Maybe this is why we have so many multimillion dollar businesses dealing with both pain medication and love????......

What is said can be received differently by the one hearing it, just as pain can be received differently by each of us. If there are tricks there, then I question who is tricking whom and for what reasons?

Maybe sex should be given as a gift for the both of you and not a reward or trade to be used as you would shopping for a house or car......

Just my opinion......
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 448
Posted: 1/15/2008 9:07:57 AM
Old soul has a great idea! Let's go back to the middle ages. Why stop at laws that punish sex-tricksters, why not aim at prevention instead of punishment? Maybe, since you can't trust yourself to date without getting hurt, the village elder can assign you a husband, and if your husband leaves you, your brothers can kill him in a jousting match.

Why not sign the whole thing over to the state right now!there's a lot of hidden advantages to a system like this. For example, the government could use the most desirable women to broker peace treaties with neighboring governments!
 Ivie36605
Msg: 450
Posted: 1/15/2008 9:20:03 AM
I'm wondering if any of you dated someone who tried to hypnotise you? I went out with a guy a few times and then he said he wanted to show me a relaxation technique (to help prevent headaches, stress, etc.). He said he was a motivational speaker and relaxation technique expert. He asked me to lie down on the sofa, and I quickly realized that he was trying to hypnotise me. He told me that my arms were getting lighter and lighter as if helium balloons were attached to them. He told me to raise my arm when he counted backwards from 5 to 1. After minutes of telling me I was in a deeper and deeper sleep, he began saying " I am your MASTER. You are in love with me. When I call you, you WILL come to me"...telling me details of what I was supposed to do to him sexually.
I later discovered that he had medical training and was actually a hypnotist.
I'm just curious to see if anyone else out there had this experience.
He's a very attractive 57 year old man who looks much younger.
 TonyAlmeda
Msg: 453
Posted: 1/15/2008 2:00:49 PM
so this is about lets blame the guy if the woman feels thats shes been tricked? yea ok
she can say no right?
 kindapicky
Msg: 457
Posted: 1/15/2008 2:40:18 PM
This is just crazy... PLEASE read Discofied msg 17.

1. It is NOT ANY OF THE GOVERNMENTS BUSINESS what I do in the privacy of my on home with other adults.

2. I am responsible for what I do, so are you. If you drop your pants to some one you do not know very well, guess what. It's your damn fault.....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >