Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johntatarakis
Msg: 585
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!Page 8 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
Big time (NO) beacuse 99.5 love any sex with a good lady or wife go oversea they all have a place for fun,,but the U.S beacuse all about Money not safe sex..and may-be the weman would not get SICK ...then u put man on T.V. for looking for a good time
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? thank u it the true
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 586
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/28/2008 4:49:53 AM
I have no idea what the last guy just said.
 4408joseph
Msg: 591
view profile
History
Do you think there should be laws against people who trick you into sexual encounters!
Posted: 1/28/2008 6:54:04 PM
In my state it's already against the law to trick for sex.

Criminal charge for the payee as well as the payer..

Never to old
Msg: 605
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 1:37:51 PM
Had to read your posting several times and shaking my head each time. If you do not want to have sex, no one can trick you, unless its rape and thats a different story!

If you meet someone and you both think you are in love with each other, and have sex and then one of you decides that maybe things arn't going to work out, how is that tricking you?.. If after you have sex with someone for "love" and the man realizes that you aren't the one he wants to spend time with, is he supposed to spend the rest of his life with you because you had sex? So confused right now!!

If you only plan on having sex with someone who truly loves you till death do you part, then I suggest you wait till you have a ring on your finger, (as in wedding ring) before sleeping with him, and then there is no guarantee that it will be death till you part.

I seriously think you should have thought this thread through before you wrote it.
 W_ayn_e
Msg: 609
Posted: 2/7/2008 10:41:50 AM
Is it any different if a woman uses sex to trick/string a guy along when she's really only interested in his wallet?

The world is full of trickery and hidden agendas. Somewhere between idealism and cyncism is reality.

Put another way... good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 611
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2008 3:06:50 PM
Looks like the OP isn't even a member anymore.

Answer to question: NO. We don't need laws protecting people from seduction. Do a background check on people if you want, and then don't sleep with someone based on the promise of a LTR. Pretty simple.
 EagleEric
Msg: 615
Posted: 2/19/2008 9:37:40 AM
Sex gained forcibly is called rape. Sex achieved by any other means is called seduction! Some of history's great seducers were Cassanova, Cleopatra, Errol Flynn, and many more whom I'm sure you aren't familiar with.

When you drop your drawers, don't place the blame on your seducer. He wanted to offer you and himself pleasure, and he took the necessary measures to make it happen. If you don't want pleasure, then you can remain an angry dried up old prune putting up an insurmountable wall to anyone's advances!

Also, remember this - it's impossible to seduce a happy contented person. If they submit to your game, it's because they quite willingly want to and won't have any regrets about the experience when it's over.

In most cases of seduction, the seducer recognizes his targets's emotional flaws and direct his efforts and energies in that direction. When the target is filled with thoughts of love of the seducer, she becomes emotional and loses the ability to think straight. Eventually, she will surrender to the will of the seducer and her desire to possess him. BTW, women often play the role of the seducer.

The Eagle
 URLOVEY
Msg: 616
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2008 9:43:51 AM
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
AND WE SHOULD MAKE MASTERBATION A CRIME TOO!!

We should also regulate who we have sex with and when. It should be a crime to have sex on your kitchen table.
Give me a break!
 Daywalker101
Msg: 617
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2008 9:44:29 AM
There are already way too many laws on the books to protect us from ourselves. Yeah, its sucks to get lied to and mislead. It hurts to be lead on. But geeze, the last thing we need are any more laws about anything.
 forum101
Msg: 619
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2008 10:03:48 PM
hotand sexy08 said:

"Its not magicians,its how they talk to you,making you feel there will be something more,promises,or even get you drunk. Why do you think guys try to get a girl drunk,( (I HAD guys friends that were like that,made me sick) most of my friends (girls) have been there,even one of my friends cryed for what a guy did to her.We know theres a lot of things that we wouldnt do if we were sober.Most people dont know what the hell their doing or remembered what happened the night before."

it is your choice whether you allow yourself to be "gotten drunk" and taken advantage of. If you cant control yourself, then dont date and dont drink. Good Lord, how about some adult accountability here?. Guys have been trying to get in my pants since I was 12 years old. Didnt your momma teach you that? To cull out the bad ones? Dont be getting drunk around anyone you dont know, and certainly dont drop your panties for a guys promise. This argument is ridiculous, so, you got hurt. Who hasnt been?
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 628
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2008 5:32:58 PM
I want there to be a law against stupid people breeding but that ain't gonna happen either.
 Yuckmowth
Msg: 639
Posted: 3/26/2008 7:21:33 AM
Let me guess. You have no game and you think if you can get the players off the market you'll have a better chance.
 forum101
Msg: 641
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 8:40:42 AM
How rude to yell like that. I'm surprised you havent gotten your account deleted.
'''''PLEASE STOP ACCEPTING AND ALLOWING THIS DISPICABLE BEHAVIOR FROM MEN!!!! YOU ALL MAKE ME SICK!!!''''
The difference between the OP and myself, is that I am responsible for my actions, she seems to want to blame others. She evidently didnt know the guy who "used her" before she got intimate. dont get drunk, dont sleep with guys you dont know, end of problem. Peoples feelings change over time also. look at the divorce stats. doesnt make it right, it just is.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 643
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:17:43 AM
freecandy1: "What are we all suppose to never have intimate relations with anyone!"

BINGO, Now you're onto something....the only way to ensure this does not happen to you, is abstinence. As has been mentioned over & over, if this concerns you that much, don't have sex until you've married the person.

On the other hand, if you don't mind subjecting yourself to the possibility that this could happen to you, have plenty of casual sex.

Ultimately, it is YOUR decision, not the courts. dispute:

Have a great day!

~ds~:
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 647
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:37:38 AM
There is no excuse for deception... it's despicable, I think we are all agreed on that. No people SHOULDN'T be that way and treat others like garbage.. but they do and all the whining in the world is not going to change that.

... there is no excuse for being a dumbass either.. no one ever said life was fair, no one said that all people are going to keep their promises, or tell the truth or have good motives.. no one said living is without it's risks.. and opening yourself up to another person is risky. Even when the person is sincere there is still an element of risk, because people change and grow.. and NOTHING is forever.

Someone who takes the risk of being emotionally and physically involved with another is NOT a victim.. it may hurt to be betrayed, and it is frequently sad to be left... but it isn't a crime. Perfect safety and security is something that just does not exist... life is risky.. you learn from it and move on. You learn to protect yourself.. you learn what a reasonable risk is and learn to depend on yourself.. you DECIDE what kind of emotional risk you are willing to take. Which I have come to see is the point where I won't be blaming others for my place in life, or becoming a "victim of circumstance". It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for ONES SELF.

The world owes us nothing... not financially, emotionally, physically or spiritually, or romantically. Nor is it up to anyone else to take care of us...and make sure we don't get hurt.. we do have laws that we have agreed upon to make things a bit safer and set sociological standards of behavior, but ultimately the onus in on the individual.

Or as Scott M. Peck said...life is difficult, and once we accept that.. it gets easier.

JMHO
 c_deacon
Msg: 649
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:54:28 AM
Good comments.......

There is no reason why you can not take the high road and think with your "large brain" first and let the" smaller" one travel behind.......

If you have certain absolute rules about sex, you will have a better chance of not being tricked, and understanding what you are doing and why.

If another wants you sexually, then they should also be willing to go with you to be tested and know that each of you bring the same thing to bed. There is nothing wrong with that, and if one thinks you are insulting them by asking, then, that is a trick in and of itself to start with.

There will be no guarantees ever when sharing with another sexually, but there is no reason to not eliminate as many potential problems, by being up front with each other and willing to prove it, then enjoy one another in all ways.

There are some of us that get tested often, even if we are not with anyone at all, just to be prepared, safe, and ready when the time comes to go down that path again. I want the one that cares enough for me to want to be in my bed, to know that I am clean, healthy, and ready to enjoy that with just them, and I expect them to do the same for me, and prove it......

Just my opinion........
 agoodguyinny
Msg: 655
Posted: 3/26/2008 12:29:40 PM
Candy - Don't you see that most people here agree that its not nice or polite for someone to deceive someone else, be them male or female. I guess their buddies might give them a high five after they dumped the other party, but decent folks would not.

But, YOU (or her) decided to have sex. YOU didn't have to. If you are too worried about getting hurt like this, then YOUR choice would be celibacy until marriage. Or wait longer. Or be more perceptive. Or make better judgments.

Maybe this guy was trying to just get sex and add a notch. Another possibility is that he was interested in a relationship but after sleeping together decided that they weren't compatible sexually. Its not nice to drop off the face of the earth with nary a phone call, but you can't legislate 'niceness.'

And how dare you insult Libra and basically call her an abused basket-case. She's just voicing an opinion, which happens to coincide with most others on this thread.
 LoveADiamond
Msg: 669
Posted: 3/26/2008 2:47:36 PM
Never have I commented on the forums, but this was such a foolish question that I felt obligated to shed some light. No, there most definitely not be laws against "game players that trick you into bed" because there is no such thing. A "game player" will not "string a woman along for months" because he has neither the patience or time. Do you actually believe a man would invest countless hours of time with a woman, and spend all his energy for months just to squeeze ONE sexual encounter out of her? If sex was the only objective he'd pick up an easy girl at the bar, or a hooker.

Your "friend" was not a conquest. I think it is sad that she feels she has the right to play the victim just because the relationship didn't last forever. Life is not a fairytale. As a grown woman she should have already have figured out that having sex with her boyfriend wasn't going to make him bound to her forever. If she were intelligent, she would have known he was able to stay or leave, at ANY time, regardless of whether or not she was sleeping with him. You connote sex to be like an anchor, that should have restricted her boyfriend from ever getting away. A relationship cannot stand still perfectly forever. Things will change, for better or worse, and if its the latter the only resilient thing to do is stop wallowing in self pity, realize it is over, and find someone else. Just because he didn't marry her doesn't mean she was tricked. Things can't always go her way.

Also, your "friend" consented to sex. She is an adult. Everyone has made choice in their life they regret. Just because it was the wrong choice doesn't make them the victim. She was not "tricked." Mistakes are simply errors to learn from. Take it for what it is worth.
Now she knows if she doesn't want her soul "destroyed" again, don't gamble with it by having sex with guys that can come and go. Tell her that concept is commonly known as "waiting til you're married!"

To quote you; "isnt casual sex meant to be a both party consented thing on both sides! "
If it was just "casual sex" tell her to stop crying about it. It's time for you to step up to the plate as a friend and tell her how it is. Casual means no strings attached.

I do agree with you on one thing. There should be a law in place to control this situation.
There should be a law against desperate, naive, foolish women dropping their panties willingly for a man, and when things don't go their way, playing the poor victim and coining terms like second class rape . Second class rape....You should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you compare a woman violently brutalized and violated against her will, to a woman who willingly agreed to have sex with her boyfriend. A raped woman has no say about what is about to take place as her life is at risk. Your "friend" happily agreeing to be intimate with someone she loved about is NOTHING like rape. I am disgusted that you would even compare the two. Shame on you.

A "promise of long lasting love" should make no difference. A guy I dated gave me one of those speeches once, when I didn't give in it ended. Two weeks later he moved onto a family member close to me and gave her the identical speech, she gave in instantly. As she later told me, he actually used the word guarantee. "I guarantee you if we take this further we will be together for a long time, I don't believe in short term relationships." He disappeared after the one night stand. As of last summer I learned he now is on POF, but women shouldn't have to be warned. They shouldn't be warned for the same reason there shouldn't be a law. Women should possess enough intelligence and self respect to not put themselves in front of the gun. If a guy promises forever, as I don't believe your friends boyfriend did, it is code for as soon as I can get what I want. There is NO SUCH THING AS TRICKERY! There is such thing as a LACK OF COMMON SENSE AND SELF RESPECT!

I think its about time for you to take your own advice as well.
"Grow up this is debate! and a place for open opinions and views!!!"
Stop disagreeing with other posts because they state valid points contradictory to yours!
No, they did not "miss the point." The are trying to make known the blatantly obvious answer to your question , because you obviously cannot figure it out for yourself.

Let this be a lesson to your "friend." If she can't handle a relationship failing after sex, tell her to keep it in her pants until she's married. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
 agoodguyinny
Msg: 670
 want to travel
Msg: 676
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2008 12:11:43 PM
i don't buy it, you can't trick a woman into a sexual encounter, or a man ,women are not stupid,....
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 678
Posted: 3/27/2008 12:30:10 PM
want to travel,
You don't think MEN can be tricked into a sexual encounter?

I think I can be tricked into one. Probably have already.
 sin2gether2
Msg: 684
Posted: 4/6/2008 6:47:32 PM
Unfortunately there is no protection against lying, manipulative, slimy, narcissistic jerks. I agree it is a problem. Just not sure if there is a way to prevent being hurt by these types of men.
 isspringhere
Msg: 699
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:21:34 AM
What the f**k is this world coming too??????? Now you wanna govern stupidity.............lord help us all
 zangie
Msg: 712
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 10:08:54 AM

Maybe he did feel love for you but when it came down to basics you were no good in bed. You may be half the problem.

Everytime I read this kind of statement, I can't help but think...someone who really cared about you, wouldn't dump you after one occasion of sex, even if it was less than hoped for, would they?..my experience says sex gets much better with time and once you get familiar with each other...or, even besides that..if you really cared about someone, you would at least make an effort to fix it wouldn't you? Or have men really gotten that cold blooded, and unemotional? You fail to live up to his standards/fantasy the first time..he's outta there?...sigh...how sad...

It's particularly funny that men keep saying this like women will respond..oh..thats' ok then..I failed the sex test..lol...that makes me feel so much better...lol..and here I thought he just hit it and ran....

And keep in mind..I'm speaking of someone you supposedly care about , at least to some degree, already...
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 714
Posted: 4/8/2008 10:23:33 AM
This has got to be the most retarded thread ever ! I feel more sorry for the guy who " Strung your friend on for months" as stated in post # 3. I can only imagine the bad case of Blue balls he must of had wait'n months before get'n any play. How bout us men sue women for string'n us along so we can take them out on dates and spend money on them only to bounce once they find somebody with deeper pockets ? If you don't want any sexual encounters either date a 10 year old or a Priest!! Who know's you might be able to get both of them at the same time. But by all means leave us normal guys ALONE .... MEMO: " MEN LOVE SEX !!! ok now you have the freak'n memo hang it up on your freezer !
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >