Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers? [CLOSED]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zebra210
Msg: 3401
Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?Page 137 of 140    (100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140)
It might be he men don't like the fact that you smoke.

No man likes to kiss and ashtray.

But you are probably right. You said it, you girl is your priority. That places a man down at number 3. I'll be you don't even make a man feel like number 1 in bed.

Good luck raising your daughter. Be sure to give her firm discipline, and don't be surprised if she doesn't do well dating, not having a role model in a father to compare boys to.
 little_mermaid
Msg: 3402
Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?
Posted: 6/28/2008 8:10:40 PM
Really classy guys...I feel like I am missing out on quite the catches...yuck and gross.

Seems like the only thing one might catch would be a trip to a clinic or something.

Single mother or single woman doubt anyone would find trashiness and non selective behavior attractive...unless your into that kind of thing. Some people are. We all get what we are looking for.
 butterflykisses1965
Msg: 3403
Posted: 6/28/2008 8:45:49 PM
First thing first is you have a beautiful little girl who these guys don't deserve to ever meet for that matter...and secondly if they're running why not give them a little help by giving them a little harder push to send them flying lol....these men are not worth the dirt they stand on hon....you are not destined to be alone forever....don't ever let them loosers make you feel that way...just tell yourself that mr right for you is out there and the way i see it let them find you....I'm a single mom with two kids and i put that out there right away so that way if they want to run then it saves me the energy of having to kick them in the ass and send them on their way.

I think there are a lot of men out there that love single moms...for the most part we hopefully have our priorities straight and know what we want. So before you go out on your next date let them know you have a daughter and they can decide from there if they want to take you out or not...some men just don't like surprises and some just don't want kids period.

Anyways, good luck and don't give up because of a few loosers!!!
 butterflykisses1965
Msg: 3404
Posted: 6/28/2008 8:48:50 PM
Your an ***hole for even saying that....and what really makes me laugh about u guys that can say these things about women are ... first of all you could not be a role model because of your lack of respect to talk to a woman u don't even know for one..and secondly i bet you haven't had the chance to even know what being a number one man in bed is because i'm sure your one of many that get it wet and your done!

So, don't ever tell another woman how to raise her children with or without a role model...your a****for even going there.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 3405
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 9:27:01 PM

First thing first is you have a beautiful little girl who these guys don't deserve to ever meet for that matter...and secondly if they're running why not give them a little help by giving them a little harder push to send them flying lol....these men are not worth the dirt they stand on hon....you are not destined to be alone forever....don't ever let them loosers make you feel that way...just tell yourself that mr right for you is out there and the way i see it let them find you....I'm a single mom with two kids and i put that out there right away so that way if they want to run then it saves me the energy of having to kick them in the ass and send them on their way.

Is that the stench of bitterness. Where can I sign up for a date with that if I ever find myself available again?

Your an ***hole for even saying that....and what really makes me laugh about u guys that can say these things about women are ... first of all you could not be a role model because of your lack of respect to talk to a woman u don't even know for one..and secondly i bet you haven't had the chance to even know what being a number one man in bed is because i'm sure your one of many that get it wet and your done!

Funny I have no respect for whiney-a$$ed individuals of ANY group. If you don't like your situation, change it.

So, don't ever tell another woman how to raise her children with or without a role model...your a****for even going there.

You may not like how it was worded but it is a valid point......That in all likelihood has nothing to do with the majority of repeat female posters here.
Can a single man or woman raise a normal healthy child? Yes, but face facts it is easier and more likely when the child has two stable caring parents. If some guys do not feel ready or willing to step in and take on that role it does not make them a demon or even less of a man, just simply honest.
Ladies does this womans venom not have you personally questioning her parental ability too? That kind of bile can't be healthy for a child to be exposed to.

Ms.B your personal account had a different impact on my take of your posts. I had only skimmed most of your posts for relevant points expecting most to be feminist ideology. I may have just picked up on a little left-over anti-male sentiment (these things are not fixed over night) and mistakenly attributed it to radical/gender feminism. So my sincere apologies and I will endeavor to pay more attention to your points in the future.
 bob2013
Msg: 3406
Posted: 6/28/2008 9:59:40 PM
WOW, I go out for evening of fun and come back to find everything went in the toilet. Ilie is perfectly correct, for him, his opinions are valid for him and to argue with him about it makes no sense. It is where his life has taken him to. Yes he's a player, that's who he is, as such his idea of relationship starts at 1000pm and ends when he leaves her bed.

Now as to everyone trashing him why? He is honest about what he believes. He laid it out there as to who he is. None of you would, could or even desire to date him. Now even if, by some weird, screw up in the stars, some combination of full moon, planetary pull, sunspots if you DID wind up on a date with him, in your heart you know his comments and views would kick in your gag reflex and anger, then you would leave. So why let this bother you? I thought you all were smarter than that. Bob
 sweetpea5-8
Msg: 3407
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:18:16 PM
Hi Im a single divorced mother of two children my daughters father died so i raised her for 6 yrs by myself before i met my sons father ...but well that didnt work. Maybe YOU should try this casualy keep looking but, dont put so much effort into it ; your kid and u come first....besides ever hear that a watched pot never boils; stop looking so hard when its right love will find you not the other way around. Start looking at dateing as just away to get out of the house and have some fun. If guys run at the mention of your kid then their not worth your effort...make it a point to bring your daughter up in the conversation when u meet someone that way all cards are on the table. by the way im still single too...so im takeing the time just to work on me...and just being the best mother i can putting more focuse on my education and job.
 desertrhino
Msg: 3408
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:19:34 PM

Now as to everyone trashing him why?

Ummm... because it's morally and ethically repugnant to go through life using people for your amusement? That he's more or less open about it, at least online, is a slight mitigating factor, but it doesn't change the basic nature of the lifestyle.
 desertrhino
Msg: 3409
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:24:37 PM

Sucks for your friend. Hanging yourself over a lack of women is kind of crazy though. I don't even fight or cry over women. I've experienced friends dying near me in combat(veteran Marine) and things I think are far more deserving of depression. WOmen are an also-ran.

If you are implying I'll end up commiting suicide over that, you're nuts. GO listen to Snoop Dogg's first album and get some mack in you.

Well, that does show where you place women in general. Not a shock, obviously. As for implying... nope. I'm just telling an anecdote about how I saw that course play out for someone I knew well. Worst part of that was that I talked to the guy late in the day, shortly before he did it... caught the sad tone, but made plans to do something a few days later. *sigh*

As for listening to Snoop Dogg, I'd rather screw a .45 in my ear and squeeze. Nothing personal.
 Be Myself
Msg: 3410
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 11:20:51 PM
yes you do have a good point at the end. But about mothers that don't go out and only have 3 kids and just 2 dads. How dose that look ? I've been single for 17 years. Most of my life I have gotten the cold sholder and you have to pick him or the kids. How do you think it makes the single mothers feel when single dads do things like that ??? Most of the guy are trying to make the mothers pick.
I meet and man when I was marryed and I lived nexr door to him amd his wife a few years later we hooked up and he know about my kids will he was good tomy kids and me for a few years and then the next thing he was doing thing I didn't know , I asked him if it was true the he wanted me and not my kids and I told him from the get go don't ever make me pick that he will loss will he lost. and the was 3 years ago.
 Be Myself
Msg: 3411
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 11:26:28 PM
by the way do not ever let a man or women make you pick between you and you kids.
 MalibuSteve
Msg: 3412
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2008 11:53:06 PM

Ummm... because it's morally and ethically repugnant to go through life using people for your amusement? That he's more or less open about it, at least online, is a slight mitigating factor, but it doesn't change the basic nature of the lifestyle.

DesertRhino, I find it ironic that you defend single mothers against people's judgements, but you're willing to pass judgement readily on others' lifestyles. Whether a person is a player, a swinger, a religious fundamentalist, a prude, a single parent, or whatever, unless they are actively hurting somebody, what right do any of us have to judge them? We all have skeletons in our closets. People who live in glass houses should get dressed in the basement and all that.

waterwalker01,
I have mixed feelings about your post. I like how it highlights the wonderful aspects of many single mothers, but it also puts down childless women and stereotypes single mothers. Making assumptions of them as a group, whether positive or negative, is what I've been arguing against.

For instance, one single mother I know does not handle the responsibilities of single parenthood, is not responsible, frequently puts her happiness before that of her kids, is still in her "party girl" stage, and is not a very good cook. (In no way do I mean to imply that most or even many single mothers are like this. This is one person and not indicative of single mothers as a group.)

I agree that many single mothers have one or more of these traits, but as I've argued all along, individuals should be judged on their own merits, not based on the fact that they can be lumped into a group.
 Smuggler1
Msg: 3413
Posted: 6/29/2008 12:00:35 AM

First thing first is you have a beautiful little girl who these guys don't deserve to ever meet for that matter
Then why is she here? Should she decide to be a hermit the rest of her life?? Nice.....

...and secondly if they're running why not give them a little help by giving them a little harder push to send them flying lol....these men are not worth the dirt they stand on hon
Another example of the apparent attitude Rock was talking about. Nice....

you are not destined to be alone forever....don't ever let them loosers make you feel that way
What losers?

just tell yourself that mr right for you is out there and the way i see it let them find you....I'm a single mom with two kids and i put that out there right away so that way if they want to run then it saves me the energy of having to kick them in the ass and send them on their way.
Wow... Apparently she hasnt read through the thread!

I think there are a lot of men out there that love single moms...for the most part we hopefully have our priorities straight and know what we want. So before you go out on your next date let them know you have a daughter and they can decide from there if they want to take you out or not...some men just don't like surprises and some just don't want kids period.
The one statement made that sounds like its worth something.

What losers??

What the hell?? Wacko on tap...

Sounds like another example of entitlement.....
 desertrhino
Msg: 3414
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 12:34:49 AM
DesertRhino, I find it ironic that you defend single mothers against people's judgements, but you're willing to pass judgement readily on others' lifestyles. Whether a person is a player, a swinger, a religious fundamentalist, a prude, a single parent, or whatever, unless they are actively hurting somebody, what right do any of us have to judge them? We all have skeletons in our closets. People who live in glass houses should get dressed in the basement and all that.

The question was asked and I answered. *shrug* That you find it ironic is not surprising, but it really only means you don't know me or my motivations in this world very well. Again, not surprising; it's an online forum, for crying out loud.

However, allow me to elaborate:

I have yet to see a lifestyle of that sort that did not "actively hurt somebody." I'm watching two couples among my circle of friends self-destruct for that very reason right now. It's vaguely horrible to watch, and all I can do is offer support and suggestions that may (but probably won't) lead them back to a mutually respectful place from where they can try and repair the damage. Granted, these are within marriages, but one was completely consensual, and the other involved cheating during "a bad spot" in the marriage. The outcome is the same, and aside from all involved being hurt, there are kids involved in both cases. Another story for another day, back on topic:

Perhaps my moral relativity compass needs re-aligning, but using others as if they are disposable and interchangeable will always strike me as morally and ethically repugnant, if not outright evil. Amoral? Is that a better word? Hurting kids when it could be avoided by maintaining respect and consideration for others, specifically spouses, falls under the same umbrella, except perhaps more on the "weak-willed" or "ethically-challenged" end of the spectrum than the amoral end.

And as I mentioned before, I lost one friend who for many years was in a VERY similar place... Is it wrong that I find suicide morally and ethically repugnant, too? Strangely, for the exact same reason: It hurts a lot of people. If there *is* an afterlife, there are a couple of people I fully intend to look up and slap stupid.
 rock_hunter
Msg: 3415
Posted: 6/29/2008 12:47:58 AM
and secondly if they're running why not give them a little help by giving them a little harder push to send them flying lol...

So the punishment by NOT dating you is violence...

.these men are not worth the dirt they stand on hon...

But surely complains when those men dare to think you're not worth the hassle...

just tell yourself that mr right for you is out there and the way i see it let them find you...

That strategy should be going swell for you, since you're recommending it... I wonder why you're still here.

it saves me the energy of having to kick them in the ass and send them on their way.

Violent towards men who don't do her bidding...

I think there are a lot of men out there that love single moms...

Confuses hope with reality...

Goes into catty mode, spewing crap while demanding respect, questioning the manhood of men she doesn't know, making foolish assumptions and thoroughy behaving a lot worse than those guys she complains about, but at the same time fully expecting that her "single mom" aura will make all of it acceptable.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, it's a clear example of why single men don't like SOME single mothers.

Any questions?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 3416
Posted: 6/29/2008 1:27:01 AM
A female posted this.."we hopefully have our priorities straight and know what we want"

First off. Women never know what they want. They only know what they want at the moment. And women tend to live in the moment more so then men. This is because men are not very emotional.

And now about the qoute that I posted above.

Does this include getting knocked up, not getting child support, and the father not playing a role in the kids life? (not always the case as I know)

I hear women say "they know what they want" all the time. But yet I see them hanging on clowns. You know the guys with the sideways ball caps and pants hanging down to the a$$ crack. Or the guys that like to show how tough they are and "almost" get into fights. Hold me back, hold me back!! I think you know what I'm getting at. With women these days it's all about image.

Seems like all the ladies that say they "know what they want" sure do whine about the type of men they keep meeting.

But they do indeed "know what they want" and that's why they keep going with the same type of men. You neve hear a woman say... "Oh my boyfriend has such a great job, and he's such a good partner."" I just love him to death."

What I do hear is..."Oh I wish he'd get a job and get his life in order." " I wish he'd stay out of the bars and just settle down for a once." "But I just love him so much, I could never leave him."

Deep down inside every woman is the drive and motivation to get what she cant have. Women do indeed like a challenge. Where as men mainly prefer the easy route.

Many times a single mom actually knows what she wants. She wants a good guy. She's sick of all the losers she has clung to in the past and is ready to settle down. But to her dismay she finds it hard to find good guys. And that cuz many of the good guys have been in the shadows unknown to her. But they know her type, and know what she has gone with in the past. To these good guys, this girl is just high risk. Even though she may finally be all grown up and ready to move on.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 3417
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 1:36:15 AM

Perhaps my moral relativity compass needs re-aligning, but using others as if they are disposable and interchangeable will always strike me as morally and ethically repugnant, if not outright evil. Amoral? Is that a better word? Hurting kids when it could be avoided by maintaining respect and consideration for others, specifically spouses, falls under the same umbrella, except perhaps more on the "weak-willed" or "ethically-challenged" end of the spectrum than the amoral end.

Oddly enough your irony meter didn't explode. Johne does the same thing with his negative personal experiences. And you ride him as often as you can, yet you want a free pass just because your personal experiences with some things have been negative? That doesn't fly.
You also ignore the fact that the type of single parents ilietowomen is involved with WANT to be in that situation. Otherwise they would be repelled by his attitude rather than drawn to it. One thing you can count on though is those very same women with poor judgment will be back in these forums posing the same question again and again. Playing the victim over their own stupidity and generally ticking off the responsible single parents.
My assertion is unfortunately there are more of the fools a fewer of the sensible type around. So it is hard to fault anyone for cutting out a segment of his or her dating pool that is more able to leave a lasting negative impact. I wouldn't suggest that is fair to the decent single parents at all but neither is allowing men to be financially raped in the best interest of kids that aren't even his, nor is it fair that some kids have parents that parade a whole string of "aunts", "uncles" or whatever they call them and teach them to be reluctant to form deep bonds with others.
 desertrhino
Msg: 3418
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 2:23:49 AM

Oddly enough your irony meter didn't explode. Johne does the same thing with his negative personal experiences. And you ride him as often as you can, yet you want a free pass just because your personal experiences with some things have been negative? That doesn't fly.

I'm sorry you took them as absolutes. They were truly meant to be anecdotal evidence/examples simply backing up the overall message, not forming its foundation. Take them away, and the message is essentially unchanged, though I might have to explain a little more here and there. I'm sure you could fill in the gaps without much effort.

You also ignore the fact that the type of single parents ilietowomen is involved with WANT to be in that situation. Otherwise they would be repelled by his attitude rather than drawn to it.

Ummm, no. I acknowledge that he is open about his preferences on the site... that is ignoring this how, exactly? (one presumes that posting such things makes them publicly available to any prospective sex partners.)

That said, let's move on: Just because people WANT to be used, that doesn't make the using any less reprehensible.

"There's a fool born every minute." Isn't that how it goes? Con men LIVE in the fringe where people WANT to be used on a certain level. Just because it's about sex doesn't NECESSARILY make it less of a con. Doesn't mean people don't get hurt, either, including those you so dismissively bash in the next few lines of your post. "Playing the victim" "own stupidity" etc...

I am aware that what I am doing is asking people to hold to a higher ethical standard than they are comfortable with, and higher than what is in common "play" in the population at large. So? You aspire to nothing better than the lowest common denominator? That which any man or woman can achieve simply by waking up and doing whatever pops to mind on any given day? Damn shame, that.

I? aspire to a higher level. I hope my children will, too. I truly hope ALL people could try to achieve better than the absolute minimum "gee, I woke up" level of accomplishment. I don't always succeed, nobody does. Does that make it not worth trying?

Look, try not to "dumb it down" too much, eh? It's really not that complicated... people have, for the most part, learned SOME variant of right and wrong from their parents, peers, or television... make the mental effort to do the RIGHT thing, or at least RECOGNIZE it. That's all I'm asking.
 ~Beave~
Msg: 3419
Posted: 6/29/2008 2:54:35 AM
ilietowomen

Umm yeah ok poser. I can respect a life based opinion but yeah we both know yours is base on pipe dreams.

mmalueg

Nice contradictions. Women don't know what they want but most single mothers do know what they want eh? Do you consider yourself a nice guy? And what kind of people do you association with to have such a poor sample of single mothers?

butterflykisses1965

I can understand why you made that statement because the anti-single mother rhetoric makes me twitch at times, I backspace a lot because there are some men who aren't asshats in this forum and I try to respect them.

I don't think men who choose to not date single mothers are losers but I do think men who use single mothers stereotypes to make themselves feel superior are. Thank goodness this forum isn't a true representation of the population.
 Laneybird
Msg: 3420
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 3:25:46 AM

it gets me dates with the women I like: young, hot, SLIM(take notice), and not wanting a deep commitment.

Believe me sweetheart, I dont need to "take notice". You are more than the total opposite of man (if thats what you can be called?) that appeals to me.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 3421
Posted: 6/29/2008 6:42:34 AM
You're right, Bob. I can't believe I let myself sink to that again. It is obvious posturing and attention seeking and I bit the bait. He has every right to feel the way he feels, but some of his statements do not deserve responses.

I do want to respond to this though by our other new to the thread poster:

Good luck raising your daughter. Be sure to give her firm discipline, and don't be surprised if she doesn't do well dating, not having a role model in a father to compare boys to.

What purpose did that comment serve? Neither the OP nor anyone else here has asked for advice on parenting, and you do not know whether or not the daughter has a male role model. That was an ignorant and flame baiting statement that looked like it was posted with no other intention than to make the OP feel inferior. But good luck with that attitude. Don't be surprised if you don't do well in interpersonal relationships.
 wayetogo
Msg: 3422
Posted: 6/29/2008 7:46:49 AM
Is this the longest thread ever? But it could explain why I haven't dated anyone.
 little_mermaid
Msg: 3423
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:17:20 AM
I wanted to defend her too. Bit harsh and extreme her posting but really that guy had no business telling her how to raise her child and telling her who she might be like in her bedroom. He was out to hate and bate.

I do feel I have an idea of what he might be like in the bedroom however... I can almost hear the cheer..I am number one! I am number one! Then a belch perhaps and a snore.

Classy? Passionate? Romantic? Sexy? Someone deep? I am thinking no not so much.

Yes Bob it is perhaps wrong to let your gag reflex kick in. Anger at injustice take over..but I do see our frequent male posters( who I am not hating on,they do sometimes make valid points in all fairness ..but) sticking up for some of these obvious hater baiters and self-professed I sleep with whatever I can get, liar to women. The number one guys who shout there mantras and bang there chests...just as I cringe when I see a mother cursing like a sailor (no harm meant to sailors just a saying)..don't you guys honestly cringe at some of this stuff these guys are putting out there??
 bob2013
Msg: 3424
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:19:20 AM
Well good Sunday afternoon to all:

Rhino, moral compass aside, I can understand your indignation at someone who's lifstyle is diametrically opposed to yours. Who are we though to judge it? I have many times flamed men for statements that were gratutiously offensive to women. I checked his profile, he says the same thing there as he did here. So if you follow that reasoning along if you go under your sink, get out the drano, after reading the box, seeing the warning, you still make yourself a drano c*cktail, there has to be something wrong with you. We are not the arbiters of morality, we are just 1 million people on here looking for a person of the opposite sex. If you don't like that type of person, don't date them. It is those others I find morally reprehensible, the ones who say "I'm looking for a LTR" then "I'm honest, loyal and seeking love" then they go out with a person the first time and say "let's skip dinner and f***". That's a liar and worse, because they build trust and then pull the bait and switch. There are all kinds in the POF pond, like them or not it IS their right to be here.

mmalueg, no offense, though you seem young(27), the women in your age range can be immature, single mom or single girl. It is hard to read someone's intentions from the written word, always better to see them speak it. It sounds like you were hurt by a woman, who then became pregnant, from a "bad boy", if that is the case it is sad. Most, I did not say all, of these women were married or in LTR which resulted in them having children in the normal course of life and relationship. I do not, (but will not speak for them) believe they would date the guys you describe, such as pants hanging down etc. If I am right in your case, you should talk it out with someone. That bitterness will eat you up.

wayetogo, welcome to the thread, don't know if it's the longest, but it's got to be in contention, and I believe 15 or so pages were deleted. I don't know why you haven't dated you have your reasons, though sifting through it will give some insights into people's attitudes and actions. You can't judge people by a few who say raw things on here, but if you page back 20 or so pages and skim you'll see who is who. Good luck, Bob
 desertrhino
Msg: 3425
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 10:45:27 AM
Bob, I appreciate your stance, but we all judge people all day, every day. We judge their actions, and we judge their words. A lot of times we judge them solely on their appearance, and even that's not completely unreasonable, as mode of dress and personal hygiene carry some important information at times. To claim otherwise is either incredibly naive or completely disingenuous.

Now, on to the meat: I didn't say he was lying, did I? I checked the profile, too, and I mentioned it slightly mitigated the impact of his lifestyle choice on others... and then I went on and explained why it was still rather amoral, using that con man analogy, etc...

I also didn't say that openly-announced "players" like ilietowomen have any corner on the market of amorality, unethical behavior, evil intent and actions, or hurting others. I was just dealing with the topic at hand. If you'd like me to go on a tear against the kind of sh!t-sucking turdbag you mention, I'd be glad to do so.

As for their right to be here, I am absoLUTELY certain I said nothing about anyone's right to be a member of POF. This is CLEARLY NOT my house, and I have no say whatsoever in who comes and goes. I don't think I ever even came close to implying I did. *shrug* I just don't think I have an obligation to pat amoral nobks on the head and say, "Isn't that nice, dear?" So, I don't.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers? [CLOSED]