Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers? [CLOSED]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 singguk
Msg: 51
get over it guys kids are only human like u....Page 3 of 140    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
To Nelly79
i think we(men)should never try to just date single moms for fun its a bad thing "i still dnt know why people do this for fun "
 YamIhere
Msg: 52
view profile
History
get over it guys kids are only human like u....
Posted: 6/3/2005 6:51:42 AM
My goodness ... read through this thread. As I began scanning it, what lept out at me was the number of guys who said they would ONLY or PREFER to date single moms. Sorry, but there are some people like me (yes, I am a single parent, let the hypocrite comments begin) that prefer not to date single parents. I have my reasons. Yes, they are quite selfish. It doesn’t make me a bad person or any less of a man. Everyone has there own set of preferences - likes and dislikes - and it is up to them to find someone who fits those preferences. Yes, I have had women tell me quite honestly they are not interested because I have a child. I appreciate their honesty and I don’t think any less of them. I refuse to be upset by it. Somehow it seems less shallow than someone telling me they don’t want to date me because the only six pack I have is in my refrigerator.

It’s a fact of life, people. Being a single parent is going to turn some people off. But it also attracts others as it is a sign, in their opinion, of responsibility, commitment and character. I have dated women who have told me one of the things they find most attractive about me is that I am such a good father. So, please, stop the “whoa is me” BS that proliferates this portion of the forum. You can moan and whine all you want that some people won’t date you because you are a single parent. You can put them down and express how ashamed they should be for being so selfish and self-centered. Or you could brush it off like any other rejection and move on.
 YamIhere
Msg: 53
view profile
History
get over it guys kids are only human like u....
Posted: 6/3/2005 6:58:28 AM
Dig, I agree. But we both know that will never happen. There are some people who come here with no other agenda other than to bash single parents. And those who argue with them only feed into the warped, twisted pleasures they derive from it. I say, ignore them. That’s what I do.
 x4livin
Msg: 54
Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?
Posted: 6/4/2005 2:02:14 AM
I agree....I don't date men who don't have kids.....only someone WITH kids can laugh at a baby walking out the door with his diaper half pulled off(already taped on to keep him from it) and you realize he's dirty....AAAARRRGGG!!!!...lol....and when you can't just walk out hte door for a date at 9 pm on a school night...WAY TO GO daddysret!
 singguk
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/4/2005 5:21:25 AM
TO MOONDREAMER1977
,you are right, i think no one should deal other as packeges,we are humane and kids are an important part of our lives, if you love a single mother then you must have much more love for her kids, dnt go for sex ,go for love,honesty and kindness,its what i think , i totally agree with you ,
 incredible25
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/4/2005 7:14:40 PM
This "tangoperu" guy is a real piece of work. In his own head he has created a statement that he is arguing against that I never said or care to continue to debate.

"tangoperu" - You continue to think that your statements are valid, but they have absolutely no validity. No one on here is saying that people SHOULD date someone because they have a child, they are wondering why it's a factor to some men.

And another thing, my name is not girl.

Once again, the debate is over. God only knows why you've chosen to singal out my comment that had nothing to do with you. After reading the profile you submitted to this website, I completely understand your irrational posts.

Once again, bye!
 incredible25
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/4/2005 7:22:21 PM
DELL:

Pay no mind to tangoperu's responses, he doesn't have any children, doesn't want to date a woman with kids, oh and doesn't want to date or have a relationship with anyone at all, according to the profile he posted on plenty of fish.

It's funny how people have such strong opinions on things they know nothing about.

Also, for someone who thinks he's really smart, he makes a lot of grammer/spelling errors:
"Dear wife, they're your children, buy them breakfast cereal with your own money").

I believe that the "they're" in the sentence should actually be THEIR.

Dell, just ignore his future comments because his irrational rantings will only continue with attention.

Interesting posts everyone, it's fun to read them every couple of days...it's a little creepy however when someone reads post for post on the hour and responds to every one as if it's a personal comment directed at them. I think we know who that is.

Peace.
 nelly79
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/5/2005 2:50:55 AM
What really gets to me is everyone can bag single mothers out but most of the time were single because of the men we were with. i have four children and it wouldnt bother me if i was single for the rest of my life........Let me ask you this question SPAZZYONE how many women have you taken home for a one night stand and havnt ever seen them again?????How many unknown children do you have out there just through getting your****wet for 1 night its through ppl like you that there is single mothers out there.........Grow up and stop with the bull shit knocking single mothers
 nelly79
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:00:27 AM
here here very well said trixie i agree with that
 singguk
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:44:41 AM
TO NELLY79
i agree to you ,i also thing that there are lot of single mothers who are caring the kids of men who had then for one night,i think for me its the simple to date one ,invite her at home,talk to her,get her in bed, and ******* with them, BUT I DO NOT DO THIS TYPE OF THINGS ,we (MEN) should think about it why we are doing all of this ,why we make women pregnent and leave them to grow the kid alone,
 nutbarz
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2005 11:28:35 AM
Just one thing to add, where I live in Northern Illinois (USA) there is a rash of single mothers here. The Biggest Issue I have is that these girls seem to "allow" 2-4 guys to father a child (Donate the sperm) and then he buggers off. So She has a child, and then, within the net year, finds another boy, who makes a deposit, and she has a second child. So now, she has 2 children, and there are 2 different fathers, who are not taking responsibility for their children. Thats until she finds a 3rd guy, and ends up with a third child, with another different father, who will be long gone before this child is born. So Now, she's 21, got 3 kids, living on state aid, and completely unsupported.

So you try going out, and whoa - just who are you to discipline my child... Not to mention, that by now the 5 year old has met 3-5 different "fathers" that the mother has drug home from who knows where, and has no idea of even trying to warm up to you, besides, this is just the 2nd date, and he's met you 2 times. She constantly talks about how lousy this guy was, and this guy was, and how this guy used her, and this guy was a jerk.

So now what?

I guess in a perfect world, young girls wouldn't get pregnant on their first encounter, and the guys they choose to share the experience with wouldn't be deadbeats. Oh well.

Yeah, I woudl personally prefer meeting and eventually marrying someone with out children, only becuase of fear. Fear of the rights I wouldn;t have to teach, educate and discipline some other man's child. I also have fears about whether or not I would treat the children fairly when I have one of my own with my partner. Would I Favor this Biological child over the other one? Its a concern, and I really wouldn;t want to have to find out how i would react.
 mitgrad00
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/6/2005 1:05:01 PM
If the world doesn't have enough single girls, I am sure single guys will go for single moms.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely nothing against single moms. In fact, I have tremendous respect for single moms.
 iamsweetnotstupid
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2005 6:56:12 PM
I find thats why I dont bring my daughters into my dating. I'm up front that I have a daughter but most guys that I've talked to say that it scares them because "some" women are looking for a "daddy" for their child or children. Now Im not saying all women do this but the ones that do ruin it for the rest. Ive also been told that some men jsut cant raise another mans child. My mother was a divorced single mother when she met my step father. He made my life HELL. and talking to him years later he told me he thought he could do it but found out too late he couldnt handle it. I can get worse also with some men if you have work out and have a child together. thats why I find that guys that have kids themselves seem to be the best when dating they seem to understand and know what were going through. Before its said im not saying this about ALL men or ALL women just some.
 singguk
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/7/2005 1:09:19 AM
TO TIGRESS
i agree to you ,but i think all of the men are not same,the man who is only looking for sex runs away when he knows you are a mother ,but men who are looking for honesty ,love ,kindness or other qualities they never runs away ,
 Steve0826
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/7/2005 3:09:12 PM
kids are a gift, and single mothers should be treated the same, everyone needs to be happy and as a single father myself i say it's hard for us as well but i would except any child as part of a relationship , kids need as much attention as they can get now a days.
 jessibare
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2005 8:17:48 PM
I havent read all 9 pages of posts, but had to put my 2 cents worth in here.
putercop, There are many, many, nice women out there that would have no problem loving your children as their own. That person you were with was very selfish. I have had a step daughter at one time. She was the princess when she was with us. Bonding can and does happen. There are many happy ladies out there with room enough to fit one more child into their hearts.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/19/2005 10:33:54 PM
I "like" and hold in upmost respect and HONOR those single mothers who do not compromise principles and put the safty and welfare of their child/children at top priority.Those who protect their bodies by making sure they are fed and sheltered and make sure no one smokes around nor in the house with child(ren) have my HONOR and respect.Those who protect their minds by keeping negative images from them to the extint of their ability by monitoring their viewing and listening materials and make sure no unmarried person has sex in the house with child(ren)present and set the pricipled example they'd want their children to follow, get praise Those who reinforce love by showing affection verbally and non verbally get praise Those who help broaden the horizons of children by reading to and with them taking them place to expose them to culture in its varity get praise Can ANYONE NOT hold someone who makes sacrifices to do ALL of these things in the highest regard? I think anyone who does ALL of these things deserves NOTHING BUT PRAISE
 Goresh
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2005 1:02:56 PM
Ok, Why is it I always find the girls that turn around and run when they find out I am in that 6% of ivorced dads that has custody of their children. I really don't understand at all.. if they truly want me I am a package deal now. Its not my children's fault how they got here or who their womb donor so to speak is. It is all fine and dandy if you go out with them for what they want, but when the children even gets mentioned... they turn and run the other way. I guess I'm destined to be single for the rest of my life, but hey I have my kids and they are my number one priority... if they don't like it.. oh well..Then they obviously do not know what kind of awonderful thing in both my self and my children that they could be missing out on.
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/28/2005 6:26:59 AM
because men don't like being placed after your child.
Well that is what I have encountered anyway.

Katelynn
 joey62422
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2005 1:13:48 PM
well im just the opposite im looking for a single mother about my age though
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers? [CLOSED]