Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers? [CLOSED]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shmoes
Msg: 76
Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?Page 4 of 140    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Hmm, I would rather someone rule me out because I have a son, then find out the hard way they're just putting up with him to be with me ..

even as a parent, I take carefull consideration as to if I want to date someone with multiple kids ...for example.. am I ready for a family of 2 (me and him) to go to a family of 5 (me, her, +3 kids) .. .. it's not something to take lightly .. so in the same regard going from a single guy or girl who can be carefree to a responsible parental figure is a huge step ..

now i'm sure some of you will respond with .. well it's just dating .. or I don't need a new daddy for him/her .. irregardless if you're a parent .. your partner takes on a responsibility by dating you.. there is just no way around it.

I may be speaking for myself here mostly .. but I would like to date someone with the IDEA that it could go further .. if it doesn't so be it .. but making the right choices in the begining .. can save alot of people some heartbreak .. including the kids.
 jeannie812
Msg: 77
Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:57:41 PM
Hi Cntrygrl10l,

There are plenty of men willing to date women with children. This is the new age and it's common. If you are having a hard time about it... think about how you are doing it. Back in my days of dating, I told off any man who tried to make me feel guilty about having kids, or if they wanted me to dump them for him... or he simply ignored them. I told him no thanks. That's selfishness showing already.

Jeannie
 SaritaTallahassee
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/30/2005 5:54:43 PM

Hmm, I would rather someone rule me out because I have a son, then find out the hard way they're just putting up with him to be with me ..

That's so true. Never heard it put that way. I'm writing that down on a Post-It ad sticking it on my computer.
 Goddard
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:07:23 PM

I'm sorry that you don't like being wrong.

Girl, until now you haven't proved any of my statements untrue.

You seem to misunderstand my written words.

Wrong, girl. I understood your written words, and you realized that you weren't as coherent and logical as you thought when you wrote them.

What I did say however, was that I don't think it's right to rule someone out because of their children.

Why not? We rule out people out because of hair color, income, profession, religion, height, etc. Children are a more powerful and significant reason than the former. The fact, my dear child, is that you think that if a reason rules you out, that reason is not right.

If you can't realize that it's an unfair expectation to measure up to, then that is your own problem in life.

Who are you to say if an expectation is fair or unfair?

We have differing opinions, the only difference is mine is humane.

Oh, yes. I suppose calling somebody as "having a ten years-old mentality" because they don't do what you want is really humane.

My debate with you is finished.

In a debate two people give reasons. If I give reasons and you insult me, it's not a debate.

Every woman has had the choice to have their child and wondering if a guy will date them because of it shouldn't even be a consideration.

Every guy has the right to consider if a woman has children or not at the time of deciding if dating her or not.

It really is a shame that in year 2005 there are still people who discriminate against others.

It is really a shame that in 2005 there are still people who wants to decide how other people should live and what they should think.

Now girl, I'm not saying that having children makes you undateable. I'm saying that you have no right to bash men who decide not to date you because of your children.
 shmoes
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/30/2005 9:21:47 PM
how can any of you seriously expect to be in a relationship ... A LONG TERM serious one .. and just expect the guy to be on the side. If you're don't think the man will become a role-model for your children (which is exactly what a DADDY DOES) .. of course he will not "replace" the dad, but your ideals are misguided if you think any REAL man ..would just allow himself to step aside .. either he's part of the family .. or he is not.

again consideration for long term relationship, if you want to just go-nowhere date .. then ya .. you've got the right idea (y) .. but if you want a guy that's serious about you. he's got alot to consider when faced with the idea of kids. and going back to my original post in this thread .. a REAL man considers if he's ready for that .. and if he's not .. he makes the logical choice ...... NEXT!

Edit: this applies to women as well for single fathers.
 shmoes
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/30/2005 9:45:32 PM
I agree, it's never pleasant to be turned down, but the theme of this thread is that the guys that do are losers.. I personally applaude them for identifying they're not ready.. and not putting you through that type of heartbreak which is worse. (imo)

However, I'm sure some guys, could use a little tact with a womans feelings on the issue. If they're not ready for instant family.
 Carmione
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/30/2005 11:55:27 PM
You hit that one on the head, but you don't need me to tell you that. I'm with you 100% on this- it's the same way with the fellas when it comes to me and my son. Same thing!
 Greatguy64
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/31/2005 12:57:05 AM
For me, it's a tough call sometimes. My daughters are 15 & 17, almost grown. I don't really want to start over with young ones again. On the other hand, I don't want to deal with teenagers again, mine are enough and if I'm a stepfather, I wouldn't have much say, which could be very frustrating. I keep reading in so many womens profiles that they want a man that loves kids. I love my kids, but don't really care for other kids so much - is that so bad? I feel bad about it, but it's the truth.

I find the possible women I might be interested in to be in very small numbers because even women my age might have small children. My house isn't big enough for more kids and I can't afford to move, so I prefer to not have other children at all. Things are so much quieter and calm.

My ex-wife ballooned from 115lbs to about 250lbs and it was partially from the kids and that sure put a damper on our sex life.

The downside is that I do agree that women who have children understand more about life and I can relate to them a bit better.

Men want to be treated good, have lots of sex and attention from the woman they are with, kids really can put a damper on that. If the guy is young, maybe he's better to not put himself in a position where he will be unhappy.
 Goddard
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/31/2005 1:22:54 PM

I'm sure some guys, could use a little tact with a womans feelings on the issue.

100% agree. Guys have the right to choose not dating single moms, but it doesn't mean they have the right to hurt her feelings unnecessarily (I say this because, one way or another, a turn down is bound to hurt feelings).

But if she starts to spew venom, all bets are off.
 rodinlv
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2005 1:59:22 PM
ATTENTION LADIES::

Single men - DO NOT Turn and Run because of the Kids! Hello !

Ladies always complain that "men dont get it ? ".. well, when it comes to this issue - YOU LADIES DONT "GET IT "...There could be 2 things going on here...

# 2; (in rare cases)

Single men - especially us who grew up with single moms'.. understand the "bad image" left in a childs mind.. to see "mommy dating a bunch of different guys.. and none work out...kids of moms like this, have issues as adults...,....' MOMS DONT GET It' because, us "little boys".. like giving our mom the impression that shes our best friend, we demonstrate great respect for women "when we're in our moms presence or with people who can report back to her"....
But in truth - what we NEVER TELL MOM.. ever, under NO circumstances.. is we feel she was a too lose with her morals'... - As MEN we dont want to leave another little boy ' with the impression that his mom is a "run around sue"...

BUT THE #1 thing going on here is...simply this.

WE JUST DONT LIKE YOU !!!! A MAN DOESNT LIKE YOU....GET IT THRU YOUR HEAD.....

- Its NOT mandatory that ALL MEN must like you....'HELLO ???... So next time a Guy decides he dont want to be with you ... ' Dont shift the BLAME to the old " He doesnt like my kids"
- HE DONT LIKE YOU !!!1 Again HE - DONT - LIKE -- YOU !!!!!

When a Man likes you ( loves you ) He will accept everything you have ; offer and everything you bring to the relationship... he will except ALL OF YOU.. Including your offspring!
STOP BLAMING YOUR KIDS....!!!
 GirlRacer
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/31/2005 2:07:45 PM
i agree completly so many people get upset because a man or woman has turned them down becuase they have children well who freakin cares they obviously arent ready to have or be apart of a childs life or they simply dont feel right being with a woman or man that has allready had children and if the feel that way then who cares are you going to get mad at a guy that you think is cute on the street,bar,the bank where ever you see him and he just walks past you because he isnt interested because your not his type no you just walk off its the same thing as soon as i meet a man i tell him i have a daughter but i also tell them im not looking for a father for my child i dont expect him to jump right in and take her to the movies of where ever but i do expect that if the relationship gets serious she has to be around him and for him to treat her with respect if he has a problem with that then thats fine he dosent have to be with me. then man im with now at first was very nervous about being with a girl that has a child so we didnt date we were just friends he got to know me and he got to know my daughter till one day he came up to me and told me that he had made the biggest mistake of his life by not takeing the chance to date me when it was first offered to him just because he was scared of dateing me for my daughter. we have now been dateing for a year and he loves my daughter and tells me every night that he wish's that she was his if she wakes up crying at night he will go get her and hold her before my daughter he had never really been around children what so ever and that was part of his fear and i find that in alot of men unless they have a little sister or brother they havent really been around children
Its a man/womans choice on if they want to be with you or not if they decide not to who cares
 GirlRacer
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/31/2005 2:13:33 PM
rodinly very good point thank you i cant stand women that introduce every man they date to their children they dont understand how confusing that is for a child my daughter dosent meet a man until i have been dateing him for awhile unless i was friends with him before hand and she has allready met him even still i dont hug on him or kiss him anything like for for quite a long time and my ex bf's still come around and see my daughter just to see my daughter and nothing more which i like very much because things arent quite as confusing for her there was a guy on here not to long ago that was going to go on a first date with a woman and she wanted to take her child wtf i told him call the date off and never talk to hre again how many guys has that child called daddy that is to weird
 shy~mel
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/31/2005 3:41:00 PM
I think that some guys are just not ready for a family, it is not a bad thing, involving children in a relationship is something that is hard for the man and the child, unless you think that the guy is worth it and in it for the long haul you should not involve the child in the first place, I made the mistake and did that and my child suffered because of it. I think everyone has thier choice on who they date, maybe it's not just that a kid is involved maybe it is the guys that people are chosing to date. Some guys don't mind, while other's have a problem, but that is a choice they make, and hey if they choose that then it's fine. You know some women have trouble dating men with kids, that is no different then men having a problem dating women with kids. Dating is all about choices period. It is all about the person.
 mitgrad00
Msg: 89
Posted: 5/31/2005 4:00:46 PM
I do not mind dating single mothers at all. But I do see serious difficulty in marrying one though.
 GirlRacer
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/31/2005 6:16:54 PM
I do not mind dating single mothers at all. But I do see serious difficulty in marrying one though.

then why date them isnt dateing like a big whole test to see if you can marry that person and spend the rest of your life with them?????
 mitgrad00
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/31/2005 8:09:56 PM
Quoting:"then why date them isnt dateing like a big whole test to see if you can marry that person and spend the rest of your life with them????? "

Marriage is a much higher level of committment. It is hard enough to make such committment to marry, period, let alone marrying a single mother. There is the child (or children) and the ex partner (or partenrs). The situation can get very complicated. Look, all am I saying is that there are serious difficulties although I do believe love will conquer all in the end; I am a hopeless romantic, what can I say.
 singguk
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/1/2005 5:33:42 AM
To Moondreamer1977

hope every thing is fine, read your post i realy like it and i agree to you that when ever a kid is young he or she always like the person her or his mom introduce them to the man ,but one thing should be in mind that little angles get emotional attachments to people very soon this is what we need to take care, and one thing men who dnt want to live with women who has kids should think that they are born by a woman so never forget the universal truth ,Moondreamer i would like to know your little angles names if you like it ,take care ,love to all humane beings,
 Charming Archfiend
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/1/2005 5:44:47 AM
Those narrow-minded people!
I think single guys who mind having a date or a relationship with single mothers are those who is just up for fun.

I am single mother and i am not ashame of it all,it makes me stronger and gives me a better direction of life ,it also diminishes those twee-tums atitude(immaturity).
plus the fact that having a child brings back that "little girl" inside us!

So why would we care about this single guys who got slightly used brain?
They dont know what they are missing!
 Thorfinn4more
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/1/2005 6:47:34 AM
swtlildevlish,

You make some good points, although I don't agree that all guys are just looking for fun, and that's why they won't date a single mother. I've had several friends who have fallen head over heels for single moms... I did. I married her and helped raise her 2 kids from previous marriages... A parent is a package deal, even as a naive young guy I understood that, and was willing to do what I needed to to support and raise the whole family. A big change for me, from being a shy young 27 yr old single guy! I left her after 7 years, but it wasn't anything to do with the kids. I still have the son we made together, who lives with me, and am very good friends with his older brother who is 11 now, and lives nearby. Long story though.

Personally, after going through a divorce, and even more so, after being in a marriage that went sour, I would prefer to date a woman who does have the experience of raising a child as a single parent. I think she can better understand some of the choices I have had to make, and the difficulties I have dealt with raising my son virtually on my own (he's 6 now.)

This doesn't mean that I would not consider a single woman who is childless. I look at the whole person, and am more interested in can we be friends first, and can we find ways to compliment each others' strengths and weaknesses? Sometimes (some of) those character traits are more evident in someone who has dealt with similiar circumstances. (I've seen some friends hook up with single ladies with no children also, and most of them have performed magnificently in adapting and complimenting their chosen mates.

My last point of agreement is that yes, having a child has also brought back some of the little boy within, as I have a second chance to see and hear about the world on a day to day basis, from my little buddy, my son. So many days he makes innocent little remarks that just crack me up when I look at them from his point of view. Thank the Powers that be for little children!

singguk
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/1/2005 7:54:22 AM
to SWTLITDEVLISH
Hope you are fine , i read your postage and i dnt agree with one point as i am a single man ,i never thought to have only fun with single mothers,why should i ,just want to say that ALL MEN ARE NOT EQUALL ,take care
 Goddard
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/1/2005 9:36:37 AM

So why would we care about this single guys who got slightly used brain?

Imagine if I were to say "why would we care about these single girls who got slightly used uteruses?". Then, perhaps you will see how offensive you are.
 GirlRacer
Msg: 97
I am a man, and only look for single mothers
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:25:02 AM
There are alot or guys out there with the same attitude as I so you cant give up.. just look past the jerks and you will find what you are looking for..

very good point there are a few guys out there that wont date a woman with a child(ren) but i belive there are even more that will date a single mother my daughter is almost 4 and i have never had a problem getting a boyfriend and all men i date know about my daughter the first day that i meet them
 Rickey1977
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2005 12:34:00 PM
Well I don't know if anyone has ever relized this but it actually works bothways. Since my seperation I have dated two women that have tucked tail and ran as soon as they found out that I have 2 boys. There are my life and I can't even imagine life wothout them. It is a package deal with the three of us. I guess I just never relized that many women are like some men and do run at the mention of children. I always thaught that women handled children better than we men do, but I'm learning the hard way that it happens both ways. Mabe I'm more disappointed than I should be but it 's like a slap in the face or some kind of punishment that I have children and that I have them with me half the times, (one week on and one week off).
 Jenelle
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/1/2005 3:38:51 PM
I've found that some single fathers look specifically for single mothers because they generally dont want any more children. :shrug:
 Thorfinn4more
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/1/2005 8:11:26 PM
Jenelle, that is undoubtedly true. Personally, while I don't need to have another child of my own... I wouldn't rule it out if my lady really wanted one...

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers? [CLOSED]