Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers? [CLOSED]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 101
Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?Page 5 of 140    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
The OP asked a question which you have replied to over and over and over again yet all you really do is stick your foot in your mouth. You have repeatedly insulted and belittled single mothers. Then you go on a rant about the law here in Canada. I know that there are several new posters to the thread and they may not have read the numerous times you have repeated the same old song and dance...so for their benefit...carry on. I'm sure they would love to read 20 more pages of you ridiculing us. Just remember while you get carried away with your ranting that we are human beings and are very very tired on the whining and complaining about us. It's a shame you have basically destroyed a decant threat which started out fine but here is goes again. Pretty much ever single mother who has posted to this thread now knows what type of a fear monger you are and your intense dislike of us. They are know you seem to be enjoying flaunting your nonsense and ignorance of us as people.
 sassy_1974
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?
Posted: 10/12/2007 2:41:06 AM
its a sad boring myth that men run when they realise women have kids.

yeah ok maybe 3-5 years or so ago it was true but now a days its more than possible to find a nice guy when your a mum, in fact many men admit to prefering single mums.

i have 4 kids and met a fab guy on here who also has kids, we manage a long distance reltionship and are due to be wed next year..

so hang in there, when you least expect it..you'll find him.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/21/2007 9:31:56 PM
^^You know some pretty fu.cked up friends. Its a shame you let SOME (some not all) but SOME shape your stereotypical view.
 Bakapuma
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/22/2007 9:42:30 AM
I actually dated and then married a single mom about 10 years ago. It was hard to take on the resposibility but in the long run it was worth it. I adopted my little girl when she was 3. I had two more children with the woman I married. Now the hard part, she asked for a divorce last year. Despite the break up of the family I have three beautiful children that I love dearly. The oldest and adopted one has been the most distant, afraid she may lose yet another dad.

I have found the oppisite to be true. Woman find out that I have three kids and they bolt like a bat out of hell. This has happened not only once but 4 times in the last year.
You would think woman would like a guy that loves children, I am also a teacher, and until last year a home maker. Oh well, I turned my two bed room apartment in to a home for when I have my kids everyother weakend. Dont fret ladies, good men dont run from responsibility,they embrace it.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/22/2007 11:52:22 AM
The title of this post cracks me up. Its been going on for so long with so many pages spinning in different directions, that I still have a pretty good idea on what my first response was, but anyway...

No. I dont. I honestly dont. Who cares? I date single fathers. Thats my preference. Just as childless ones have theirs NOT to date single parents. The only part about it I find amusing are these funny lables put on single parents. Ah yes! We are wicked! Wicked I tell ya! RUN RUN! Run for the hill's!!! We will drain your bank accounts! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA!

( )
 Jeren
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/22/2007 6:06:11 PM
I know its been a while since anybody posted on here but I've got to say that I find it a very funny observation that isn't just limited to just single Mothers. I've only recently started to snoop around on this site, a single Dad, and it's funny how many women have on their "about me" section-"please don't contact me if you're: married, just want a fling, a convict, a mass murderer, or if you have children.....lol
I guess shallow will always be shallow no matter what the gender!
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/22/2007 9:04:36 PM
*Singing: Spongebob Squarepants! Spongebob Squarepants!!!!!*
Oh hunny, its been done. It doesnt work. Some are hell bent on proving their point and wedging it into other threads that have no point in being there.

Im doing the point and laugh now.

You spin me right round baby right round..............
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/23/2007 1:19:52 PM

I am starting to see why you are single...you are annoying!!!!

I let out a snort when I read this.
 rockondon
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2007 10:01:32 PM

no but I've often wondered why single mothers think that men don't like them. Personally I think they're hot
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/26/2007 9:17:30 AM
I fu.cking love generalizations. They make me giggle inside.

Carry on!
 Bakapuma
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/26/2007 12:35:52 PM
Funny how this thread became so lost as it grew. So the answer is maybe. Some guys like dating woman with kids some dont. We have also discovered that responses of any kind are responses regardless of the point of view being offered up. I suppose that sums it up nicely. To bad ya'll ain't in Texas!!!!!!
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/26/2007 12:51:10 PM

Dya feel me?

I love you.

(and I totally feel ya)
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/26/2007 12:55:40 PM

My point

..has been done over to death in every thread you participate in. The only diff. is the title of said thread.

feel good thread"

..while the threads you start ask the same question over and over. They generally consist of "why do SM's want my money?" threads. AKA-pity me threads.

I do think single mom's should be treated with respect.

Great. Then you can start by washing off the same paint color thats on your brush. Case by case basis instead of lumping.
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:37:16 AM

I think a single mom should try harder to prove she does not fit into the stereotype that I have experienced.
A single mother should NOT have to PROVE herself to anyone other than herself. You either accept her as she is or walk. It's that simple.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:51:26 AM

I think a single mom should try harder to prove she does not fit into the stereotype that I have experienced.

This was an idiotic poorly thought out statement.

Why should anyone have to PROVE anything?

Single PARENTS (you need to get off this beef that its just single mom's) do not owe anyone an explaination. If they are ignorant enough to believe in stereotypes, and want them to disprove, then they are not worth my time.

Your perception of single mom's is astounding and dilusional. It reaks of bitterness. You really need to seek some counceling on how to better control your own stereotypes.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/28/2007 5:15:44 PM

Many men have had bad experiences in the past with single mom's

No. YOU have had many bad experiences. Sh.it. How can we forget that? You remind everyone in every post you make. For Christs sake Johne. Your a whiney a.ss cry baby right now. Seriously. Dude. What is it you want? WHAT? You are a broken record. EVERYONE here GETS you were taken for a ride. But seriously, you need to look within yourself to perhaps find out what it is about YOU that draws them to you or you to them. Start with you first. Then, step away from a single parents forum. You drive me ape s.hit with your whiney redundant "I got screwed by a single mom" posts. Its so comical to me now. Cause in every post you make, there is a smidgen of bitterness in your own situation.

What are you doing here? Are you trying to save the single parents here? Are you trying to spread your "almighty wisdom"? Cause ya know, all you are doing is talking in circles.

A single man needs to prove that he will be a great husband and can get along with the kids for it to work right ladies?

No he doesnt. Husband? Arent we jumping the gun? I didnt know dating turned into a spouse interview.

If you want people to start taking you seriously, you need to stop throwing your bad experiences into the mix EVERYTIME.

That is all I was saying

No it wasnt. You make your SM stereotypes 35783654634653754873264786324785237864375490743597347594365826136 times in every thread.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/28/2007 5:40:55 PM
^Oh hunnie, if I wasnt done having babies, perhaps Id give you a try. Damn. Was that all it was? I think you are off by a digit or 2.
BTW, everytime I look at your name, my mind goes elsewhere.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 118
Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not Like Single Mothers?
Posted: 10/30/2007 3:56:16 PM
Why do you continue to be fearful if you've stated 3894758374658347 times that you wont date them anymore?
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/30/2007 5:49:16 PM
^
I really think hes just trying to seek validation for himself. He feels somewhat "guilty" and is trying to find that woman who will prove him wrong. Eh. Whatever dude. No use crying over spilled breastmilk.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/30/2007 8:20:30 PM

Speaking of spilled breastmilk... Disney/River/CaliforniaGirl.... Y0u were gone for a while, but are back with a vengeance. The hunk you were seeing didn't work out?

Wait. How do you make the connection to me and breast.milk? Why sweetheart, I didnt know you were following my love life. I feel honored. I also didnt know you paid attention to me while I was gone. I know, its hard to forget me. No, we are still going. Im still juggling those 2. Yes. 2. Just because Im "gone" for a while doesnt mean that my love life went to the sh.itter. I got sent to banned camp. I rock!

It's nice to to see your venom dripping all over the fora again. I mean that with all sincerity.

MMMM. I bet you do.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/30/2007 8:22:33 PM
You go Johne. You get that law changed. Cause you know, you are all about dating them single mothers. Right! Rock out with your c.ock out. Just make sure its covered. Wait. Wrong thread.
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/30/2007 9:00:01 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Eh. Ok. Right on, you go on wit' yo' bad self. I didnt say I was bangin them both though. But, if I need any advice, I will come to you, ya know, Mr. Intimate Encounter.
I think its cute you think I bragged. I know I did bring it up in a few relevant posts. Just didnt know you were that perceptive to my personal life. Thanks darlin'. It means alot. Smooches!
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/31/2007 10:46:00 AM

Why should I pay for a child that I did nmot create?

Why do yoou think this is a concern for you? You arent dating them anymore riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/31/2007 11:44:17 AM

Why do yoou think this is a concern for you? You arent dating them anymore riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
 RiverGirl74
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/31/2007 12:49:22 PM
Johne,
post YOUR email and their WHOLE email.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers? [CLOSED]