Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 5
What does I want someone to who makes me laugh mean to you?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
It may mean that they want a guy who isn't angry, is fun, and cares about her feelings.
 4UMaybe
Msg: 7
view profile
History
What does I want someone to who makes me laugh mean to you?
Posted: 1/4/2008 4:52:57 PM
Life is often tough enough. When I say I want someone who makes me laugh, I want that person to see the lighter side of things most of the time.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:02:15 PM
Two hours of balloon tricks per night.
 missdolly
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:17:33 PM
Humor is a sign of happiness. (Even sarcastic (when in the right context) or dark humor - - depending upon who you ask.)

A grump doesn't laugh much.

MistressDolly
 gregslist
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/7/2008 7:20:17 PM
I guess it's just another way for a woman to get "stimulated". if the woman can't get "visually stimulated" "sexually stimulated" humor is another form of mental stimulation, another way of her getting mental stimulation is if the guy is real smart(contestant on "who wants to be a millionaire") type.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 8:42:52 PM
this comes directly from my profile:

Speaking of funny, I've noticed something that I think deserves mention. I often see profiles that say "I want a man with a sense of humour." But what I've found is what many of those people mean is "I want someone who can make me laugh all the time without me having to make him laugh too." It is no fun always being the one who makes the other laugh with no reciprocation. I like a sense of humour too AND I like to laugh too. I like to have someone make me laugh too.

it's not a lot of fun when you have to be all the entertainment in the relationship.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 5:58:06 AM
I *think* they mean a compatible sense of humour.

But the phrase "someone who makes me laugh" has always irked me...

sounds too much like a command performance
Dance monkey, dance!

Or alternatively, and just as annoying.... are they that passive that it must be generated from the other?
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/13/2008 6:09:34 PM

It means that EVERY. SINGLE. WOMAN. IN. THE. WORLD. wants me!

OK, quite laughing AT me ... you're supposed to laugh WITH me!

Stop it!

pretty please?
 sugarstwisted9
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/14/2008 9:32:34 AM
This *really* means, I want someone super hott, with a sense of humour, who will drop his pants in the middle of a supermarket and moon the old lady picking out cucumbers with her husband, who will then grab the cucumber, holds it behind his bum, all the while wagging his wanker around screaming that he loves wild turkeys. This is ACTUALLY what we mean, anyone woman who denies this is LYING, try it on your next date I am sure you will IMPRESS.....

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >