Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BobJ1960
Msg: 29
view profile
History
No Profile Photo? Why Bother?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You have a good point there.That is known as having a "face for radio". Who am I kidding? I always look at the picture first before I read a profile.
 SecretUndone
Msg: 31
No Profile Photo? Why Bother?
Posted: 1/18/2008 8:08:41 PM
I think that would depend on why you were looking to begin with wouldn't it? Many relationships depend on a chemistry of attraction that is pretty difficult to understand.
A confidant is different than a dance partner, and a dance partner might not be a perfect lover, who in turn might not be a perfect spouse. Life is complicated (as it should be)
 Mystique-Elle~Ok
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:28:11 AM
( you did it in french too?)

And you are going to so miss Quebec

Dont forget to bring some chips and six packs to France...
 Mystique-Elle~Ok
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/20/2008 11:22:47 AM
Quebec Guy who can not get along with Quebec Women? Do not blame the women
Must be the Altitude... so, why don't you make it a "One way Ticket"
 Mystique-Elle~Ok
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/20/2008 4:45:57 PM
La petite vie...everybody is 2 grades behind
Chrisofquebec.. You never liked Canada except for the trailer park boys??? You think like a bag of hammers. From the looks of your pic.. You should start playing Hockey with the men instead of getting your ass kicked by the women.

Everybody seems 2 grades behind, may be because you may choose to hang around crack houses ( or in your case Crack Trailers). You come from Broward county or something. The only woman that hang with you are the ones on your wall or the one you hold up with one hand.
What a dweeb you have shown yourself to be.
 Mystique-Elle~Ok
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/3/2008 8:46:57 PM
^^^^^^Liquorman, Fame is the least of my priorities. How the hell do you know what I have or have not done? How dare you. Go back to your lazyboy and do your 5 finger solo on your skin flute. Learn how to spell, you talentless throwback! Try to be nicer to people...
 Commonsens
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/3/2008 8:59:55 PM
Well....

Yes Photo is important as you want to know another dimension to whom you are talking to; but this NO garantee that what you see is what you get, as many have fake pictures, or pictures taken either 10 year ago or 50 pounds ago. Looks are important, we have to admit it, not becasue of been shallow or something, but will you make Love to someone that make you barf looking at that person? ah!

Even with all this, you still never know, you met the beautiful "public image" of the person and then when you get togheter as a couple for a while, the real image come out and then found out that the person is either a scam artist or a complete psycho (or both)...I know from past experience!!
 Mystique-Elle~Ok
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/5/2008 6:07:18 AM
(Frank 64) What a man lol . After playing the " I'm a great guy tune" My pic's are from last year and my weight is 114 lbs. You choose to vent your frustrations out on the thread about me... What a loser! Just ask the lady you had e-mail me on your behalf last week...she knows what i look like and how fat i must be. Yes you are blocked from me because you dont want to understand that i only give my MSN and IM's to friends, (people that after time i trust) and you kept IM'ing me over and over and over... till my BF opened it up and told you WTF!!! He told you who you were chatting too and all you did was act like a idiot pretending you were talking to me. Thats why you are blocked. You are like stalker materail....blocked yet here you still appear.
 Mystique-Elle~Ok
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/5/2008 11:24:06 AM
Hey frank...I told you 3 times who you were talking to! Now I will make it very clear again as I did the last time ( YOU ARE TALKING TO HER BF ) I will ask politely and only once...BACK OFF.

Have a nice day!
 tooyoung
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 12:08:47 PM
Why be on a dating site if you have boyfriend?
 MrLeft73
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 12:09:02 AM
Wow .. after reading this thread I'd think 90% of you were lying about your pictures anyways as you'd think it was nothing but a bunch of 12 year olds! lol

Anyhow .. I'll try to get this topic back on track as it is a good one.

I personally started with online dating less than 2 years ago (on another site). At the start I always looked at all profiles because I'm really looking to meet someone with a great depth of character and intelligence.

Of course physical attraction is important to me .. but for me personally it's harder to find the rich character traits I'm looking for than it is to find someone I'm physically attracted to. As such I concentrated on profiles more than anything else and actually met some great people.

I was seeing someone for a good chunk of last year and obviously left the scene. She actually never had the chance to put up a picture before I messaged her (because I saw her amazing profile). Was I ever lucky to do so .. super smart girl and very hot .. things obviously didn't work out, but I definitely don't regret it and she was definitely well into the top 1% of women (in terms of the looks-character balance I was looking for).

Upon my return to LL and joining of POF I've noticed that with my time being more limited I rarely check pictureless profiles. Not because I don't think there could be a great catch without a picture. But simply because I now lack the time to check all profiles, it's more efficient for me to only check the ones of people I already know I'm attracted to. It's unfortunately simply a numbers game due to time constraints.

However .. if someone without a picture sends me a message, I will definitely take the time to check out their profile and even exchange a few messages (if I like what's in their profile) without requesting a picture. In fact .. it's rare that I've ever had to ask for one as either the personalities obviously don't match and we've moved on or the other person has willingly sent me pics.

Not to sound shallow, but if after several messages someone still hasn't sent me a picture, then I'd probably be a little sceptical .. but that thought and discussion is rather pointless because it's extremely rare and really not worth debating in my opinion!

My advice to all is to check all profiles if you have the time .. there are some treasures out there. However .. if you're limited on time like me, then there's nothing wrong at all about only checking profiles of those you're attracted to .. it's basic human biology for some people to be attracted to some people while others are attracted to others .. it's too bad we can't all be physically attracted to everyone .. but it's the way most of us are programmed from birth.

On the other side of the coin .. for those deciding whether or not to put a picture. The same can be said about the time factor and numbers game.

I highly suggest everyone put up their picture as there is no denying it saves everyone time. Plus you could miss out on a great catch who simply does not have the time to check every profile.

I do understand those of you who are too shy or concerned about co-workers and anyone else you already know seeing your profile. That's a totally legit concern. Although for the reasons I just gave you are operating with a handicap as you'll have less visitors to your profile.

In these cases I highly suggest you make the extra time to initiate contact with others yourself to be sure they check out your profile. Also remember that physical chemistry is a part of the equation for most people, and as such you really should give your picture within a couple of messages (even if the other person is too tactful to request it).

Anyhow . hope this post gets this topic back on track .. I just hope I didn't say everything there is to say! lol
 MrLeft73
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 12:22:02 AM
Wow .. after reading this thread I'd think 90% of you were lying about your pictures anyways as you'd think it was nothing but a bunch of 12 year olds yelling at each other! lol

Anyhow .. I'll try to get this topic back on track as it is a good one.

I personally started with online dating less than 2 years ago (on another site). At the start I always looked at all profiles because I'm really looking to meet someone with a great depth of character and intelligence.

Of course physical attraction is important to me .. but for me personally it's harder to find the rich character traits I'm looking for than it is to find someone I'm physically attracted to. As such I concentrated on profiles more than anything else and actually met some great people.

I was seeing someone for a good chunk of last year and obviously left the scene. She actually never had the chance to put up a picture before I messaged her (because I saw her amazing profile). She works in a big institution and as such told me afterwards she was never going put her pic up anyways. Was I ever lucky to contact her despite the lack of picture .. super smart girl and very hot .. things obviously didn't work out, but I definitely don't regret it and she was definitely well into the top 1% of women for me (in terms of the looks-character equation I was looking for).

Upon my return to LL and joining of POF I've noticed that with my time being more limited I rarely check pictureless profiles. Not because I don't think there could be a great catch without a picture. But simply because I now lack the time to check all profiles, and it's more efficient for me to only check the ones of people I already know I'm attracted to. It's unfortunately simply a numbers game due to time constraints.

However .. if someone without a picture sends me a message, I will definitely take the time to check out their profile and even exchange a few messages (if I like what's in their profile) without requesting a picture. In fact .. it's rare that I've ever had to ask for one as either the personalities obviously don't match, and we've moved on, or the other person has willingly sent me pics.

Not to sound shallow, but if after several messages someone still hasn't sent me a picture, then I'd probably be a little sceptical .. but that thought and discussion is rather pointless because it's extremely rare and really not worth debating in my opinion!

My advice to all is to check all profiles if you have the time .. there are some treasures out there. However .. if you're limited on time like me, then there's nothing wrong at all about only checking profiles of those you're attracted to .. it's basic human biology for some people to be attracted to some people while others are attracted to others .. it's too bad we can't all be physically attracted to everyone .. but it's the way most of us are programmed from birth.

I know I'm missing the chance to meet some amazing women, but unfortunately there aren't 30 hours a day! lol

On the other side of the coin .. for those deciding whether or not to put a picture. The same can be said about the time factor and numbers game.

I highly suggest everyone put up their picture as there is no denying it saves everyone time. Plus you could miss out on a great catch who simply does not have the time to check every profile.

I do understand those of you who are too shy or concerned about co-workers, and others you know, seeing your profile. That's a totally legit concern. Although for the reasons I just gave, you are operating with a handicap as you'll have less visitors to your profile.

In these cases I highly suggest you make the extra time to initiate contact with others yourself to be sure they check out your profile. Also remember that physical chemistry is a part of the equation for most people, and as such you really should give your picture within a couple of messages (even if the other person is too tactful to request it from you).

Anyhow .. hope this post gets this topic back on track .. I just hope I didn't say everything there is to say as I did go on quite a bit! lol
 tooyoung
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2008 11:58:24 AM
Did COQ leave with his picture(s)?
Gonna miss his eloquent
banter with Mystique.
Again gotta wonder,
why is someone on this site
who supposedly has a BF.