Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wanderbaby
Msg: 11
view profile
History
babies sleepPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I"m sure cot means crib.

Is there another way to make her sleep? Perhaps tell her she can have a few minutes of leaning on your leg, and then you're going to lay her down and dim the lights down in the room? Perhaps rub her back or belly while slowly humming, or saying shhhh.

one years old is still a baby. Gradually bring the change, I would think, rather than all of a sudden so that she doesn't panic each time it's bed time.

IMO, parents are there to soothe their kids and to make them feel secure, by leaving them in a room by themselves is not soothing or uncomfortable til you make that room a presence that she feels comfortable in. How often do you play or be in her room? If not that much, start being in there more, read a story, play toys with her in there. then she won't think it's a place for punishment and you leaving her. She'll learn later to self soothe and know that she can be in a room by herself. My daughter was like this til she realize that she can play or roam around without having to be near her. If she gets tired, she sometimes lays down and sleeps wherever she is, doesn't need me sometimes to go to bed.

fuk_you
Msg: 24
babies sleep
Posted: 1/10/2008 9:08:35 PM
sorry about the nickname but i was angry at an ex i found on here...in reply to the baby falling asleep on your lap...for nap times this is fine because it gives the baby time to realize that there is a bond between them and the person who they are sleeping on. However, during bedtime the baby needs to know that it is now time to go to the bedroom, the bedroom should be recognized as a place to sleep. Again, there is a fine line though...depending on the babies age. You dont want to break trust between the baby and yourself too early, it can actually cause stress in the baby, and beleive it or not, later cause stomach complications.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >