Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > Jan 18-19~WNC Social Gathering~Hendersonville & All surrounding towns      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 COTTONTOP44
Msg: 30
Jan 18-19~WNC Social Gathering~Hendersonville & All surrounding towns~Music & Cookout HappeningsPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Oh No....They are calling for 3-5 inches of snow here (foothills) on Thursday the 17th...I was ready to book my room at the Inn until I saw that and the weather folk say it is a "for sure" event...BUMMER ! I have signed up and am ready willing and able to come have some fun but I hate traveling on ice and snow...I am going to wait to see what the Lord has in store and plan accordingly...Yaw pray for clear roads on the mountain as it is an hour and a half/ 90 mile trip for me to get there so I have to see what he is going to bring us. Also thanks for all the info and I hope I get to come !
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 31
Jan 18-19~WNC Social Gathering~Hendersonville & All surrounding towns~Music & Cookout Happenings
Posted: 1/15/2008 10:09:58 AM
Well now, if it was me I'd leave and go early and enjoy the snow if it came along. I love the snow and don't get chance to see it much I'd get out and build me a snow man, but maybe the weather people are wrong, most of the time they are around here anyway so maybe it will be nice weather, but would be nice to all be in one place and it snowed and have a snow throw contest :)
 GuruGreg
Msg: 32
Jan 18-19~WNC Social Gathering~Hendersonville & All surrounding towns~Music & Cookout Happenings
Posted: 1/15/2008 2:44:15 PM
For Everyone, the snow will be earlier in the week. Here is the forecast for Friday-Sunday.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 45.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 39.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.

No snow, so driving should be fine. Therefore, there are NO EXCUSES for not attending, other than personal/life events. The worst that happens is you meet some new people, make some new friends and have a good time (and get out of the house).

See Y'all there! Greg

Oops, that's already past
Ooops, not time for fishing and swimming yet

Aaah, that's more like it!
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/15/2008 4:28:35 PM
Great weather forecast. Looks like it's going to be a great weekend for all to get out, wooooohooooooooo

Patty, now I could think of a few on pof that don't get out and go to the get togethers, that I want to throw a snowball at, reckon it's only cos they don't really want to get out and meet people and just on here for whatever reason. I could throw a few rounds of snowballs at them

But it's looking like a nice weekend ahead!

Don't forget to be inviting your pof friends and non pof friends!
Send out invitations inviting people to come join in on all the fun!
Anyone you've been wanting to meet, now is a good time to invite them to come join everyone for some fun , then there is no pressure, just all meet as friends!
 COTTONTOP44
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/15/2008 4:55:33 PM
Ok then I am booked at the Inn and I throw a mean snowball so look out...Never met any of you folk so just look for the big blonde headed feller with all the snowballs in his pocket...SEE YAW THERE !!!!
 luvmydogz
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/15/2008 7:00:33 PM
Hi! I'll be at Eleanor's Friday after 10 pm after I get off work - so no dinner but I'll pull up a seat to join all of you . Count me in for the Saturday luncheon and then the SMJ that night. What a fun weekend! I am really looking forward to a new circle of friends. Come snow or not.... I'll be there ! Linda
 tncorgi
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/16/2008 3:39:49 AM
hello
not sure if i will be able to attend as i live over in johnson city, tn and they are calling for some snow over the week-end.

would like to keep in the loop about other events. any of you contra dancers? i come over to the dances in asheville and the area (weather permitting). in fact there is a dance at river falls on friday night.

take care & keep warm.

~~~
mary
 COTTONTOP44
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/16/2008 10:36:28 AM
Well ... "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Patty and indeed I am ready to GO ! I had sent you a couple messages earlier but my POF did not send or something. Heck I sometimes wonder if I know what I am doing on here as my daughter taught me most of what I know of the internet. But anywho I do wish you a great 51 my dear and many more to follow...

BILL
 alpha5995
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/16/2008 5:08:28 PM
I live locally and hope to attend both nights. It will be fun to meet some new people!Linda
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/16/2008 6:34:35 PM
OK Better late than never

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTY

Lisa
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/16/2008 6:36:34 PM
Wooooooooohooooooooooo is it Friday yet? Is everyone excited about getting out and meeting other plenty of friends
 COTTONTOP44
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/17/2008 3:12:58 AM
Good morning POFer's! It is 6AM. the 17th of Jan. in the 2008 year of our Lord and my ruler reads 4.5 inches and still falling concerning the white stuff. Plans: Cottontop44 to make 100 quart cooler full of snowballs to bring to gathering and bomb the heck outta gurugreg and anyone else with whom I see fit...he he he and you know this man ! I think most of WNC got some of the beautiful blessing from above and I hope all enjoy !!! See yaw Friday !!!
 LadyCatherine40
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/17/2008 3:50:58 AM
Wooooooohooooooooo! SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!
Looking forward to making some new friends tomorrow night!!
~~Cathy
 GuruGreg
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/17/2008 5:08:48 AM
You have to realize that I came from Michigan, where this white stuff is around for weeks, not one day. So, I am the snowball expert, or Guru. I am working on my snowball cannon invention as we speak. Do you think Eleanors would object to a snowball find inside the building? Well, maybe not, but there is always the snowball down someones neck, making snow angels, storing snowballs away for July, OK they would probably be ice balls. And other fun creative stuff. I'm just hoping it all melts in time for everyone to attend the gathering. Now, I am really glad I booked a room. Southern Comfort shots on Me!
 myheartisopen
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/17/2008 6:07:26 AM
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE SATURDAY NIGHT AT SALUDA MOUNTAIN JAMBOREE ..EVERYONE STAY SAFE AND SEE YOU THEN DEAN,,,
 saxman965
Msg: 45
 NGAQUILTER
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/18/2008 6:35:44 AM
Hi, I am gonna try to make it up there, I love the area. Has anyone checked on the weather forecast lately? Hope to see you all Saturday
 Brev1
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2008 7:48:16 AM
Was looking forward to having an opportunity to meet everyone tonight. But with the four to five inches of snow existing and the weather calling for one to three more inches tonight, I am going to have to stay in. Please, please plan another party soon as I would love to attend. Hope everyone has a great time!

Molly888
 BrokeHeart49
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/18/2008 8:24:06 AM
I am glad to see some men are signing up to be at the pof get together tonight, was beginning to wonder who all us women would dance with,lol.....Ann
 myheartisopen
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:20:52 AM
WELL THEY SAY WE WILL GET MORE SNOW TONIGHT IF IT IS WORSE THAN IT WAS THURSDAY I WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT ALSO IF IT IS REAL BAD THEY PROBABLY WILL NOT OPEN SALUDA MOUNTAIN JAMBOREE,,,DEAN
 GuruGreg
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:41:46 AM
Sorry to say, but I pulled myself of the attendees list. I hope the gathering is a success. We will have to do it again in nicer weather.
 alpha5995
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/18/2008 10:15:17 AM
I will not be able to make the Friday night event. Will have granddaughter for most of the evening. Hope to make it to the Sat nite at Saluda. Hope everyone has fun!
 BrokeHeart49
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:04:46 PM
Patty, thanks for dancing with me, I had a ball and got my son home safely. I hadn't danced like that in over 20 years. Hope we can get together and do this again soon. Ann & Tony
 BrokeHeart49
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:06:30 PM
Lisa , sure did miss you tonight. I got to dance with Patty and had a blast. My son was so tired and sleepy we had to leave early and the music was just getting real good. Sure is a wonderful band. Hope we get to do this again soon. Ann & Tony
 ~LovinAngel47~
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/18/2008 10:00:12 PM
Glad you had a great time! Maybe I can make the next one...............remember I am a good 6 hours away but I hope everyone had a great time and if you went I'm sure you had a great time, ,,,,,,be on the look out for some more events, Patty and Debra will be having more!!

Lisa
Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > Jan 18-19~WNC Social Gathering~Hendersonville & All surrounding towns~Music & Cookout Happenings