Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Legalizing Tasers for personal use ........ ?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You can now get a combination taser / mp3 player with headphones. I guess you have to be really careful with which button you push.
 paladin_
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Legalizing Tasers for personal use ........ ?
Posted: 1/11/2008 4:17:59 AM
Guns are only marginally legal in Canada. the bad guys all have guns which are unregistered and unlicensed.
And the liberals want an outright ban on them wich will do nothing to reduce crime.

As for all of the law abiding gun owners... It is aganst the Law to use a firearm for Self-defence purposes in Canada. If you do!!! you Can be charged,lose your firearms license and have all of your guns confiscated by the police.

I think pepper spray might be a better self-defence item if they would only legalize it so people could use it.
I Came to the Conclusion years ago that It is pritty much against the law to defend yourself in Canada.
 edjoecdn
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 4:59:44 PM
^^^ Are we makeing a list and checking it twice ??? Gonna remember who was naughty to you and who was nice ???

You should check out if there can be "group / bulk " discounts on those one shot barb /electrode cartridges....

Inlight of the past week end.... I think a volume purchase be made by one and all !

Then we find that f*cker with the Rx from wildsides and we take turns target shooting ?

I think it would be neat to see that f*cker giggle and shake on the floor !... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

I think a good legal defence would be .... which time actually.... oh never mind !

Hey ... what's up with deviant and "CBC"... aounds like she's been "bowled" over by that grip ??? ...LOL
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2008 7:20:58 PM
Borrowed from the humor thread

Last weekend at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop I was looking for a little
Something extra for my wife Toni. What I came across was a 100,000-volt
Pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were
Supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on an
Assailant. The idea is to allow my wife -- who would never consider a
Gun -----adequate time to retreat to safety. -------------
WAY TOO COOL!!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded in two
Triple-a batteries and pushed the button. Nothing! I was
Disappointed. But then I read (yes, 'read') that if I pushed the button AND
Pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arch
Of electricity darting back and forth between the
Prongs and I'd know it was working. Awesome!!! (Actually, I have yet to
Explain to Toni what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave). Okay,
So I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to
Myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-a batteries,
Right?!! There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently
(trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and
Thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh and blood
Moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction
Of a second) and thought better of it. She is such
A sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect
Herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as
Advertised. Am I wrong? So, there I sat in a pair of
Shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the
Bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and taser in another. The
Directions said that a one-second burst would shock and
Disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle
Spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second
Burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish
Out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the
Batteries.

So, I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head****d to one
Side as to say, 'don't do it,' reasoning that a one-second burst from such a
Tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I
Decided to give myself a one-second burst just for the heck of it. I touched
The prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD,
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION
I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in
The recliner, and body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over
Again. I vaguely recall waking up on my
Side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both
Nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked
Under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in
My legs.

You should know, if you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a taser,
That there is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself. You
Will not let go of that thing until it is
Dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor.
SON-OF-A-... That hurt like hell!!! A minute or so later (I can't be sure,
As time was a relative thing at that point), I collected what
Little wits I had left, sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading
Glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. How did they up get there??? My
Triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still
Twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my
Bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I'm still looking for my testicles!! I'm offering
A significant reward for their safe return.

Still in shock, Earl
 edjoecdn
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:27:22 PM

Naw I prefer CTV...that's my tv network of choice...

Now i know them wabbit ears are a witto bent and the halo's ..... well who the heck knows just how long thats been missing....

You should try some tinfoil on the ears... you might be able to pick up stienback or even brandon on a cloudy day ??? ( just a thought.. little ms deviant.. )

Hey if you put popcorn kernels in a metal strainer and touched said tazer to the bowl ?

How many would pop ?

Okay now try it with your tongue on the bowl .... do you see the difference ?

( oh, I so wish someone would actually try it .... LOL )
 edjoecdn
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 5:18:42 PM
^^^ Oh owwww, now THAT sounds scarey !!!

I'm thinking it's not going to safe .... " out there" if RAM is liking that personal tazer thing....

Oh yeah !

>>>> With custom "skin"......... I'm just hopeing it ain't mine ! ....LOL

Cuase I think there isn't anyone ... I haven't ever pizzed off !!!

Well not all at once.. !

I'm not THAT ... good ! or bad .... Okay whatever...

Hmmm, while you post ! ....

& "tunes" ..of course... actually Mr bubl`e

OT: >>>>> why not ? legalize them and have a burden of proff fall apon the "user" and no one with a criminal record able to carry or own or buy one.... and they don't sell them without a "profile" ... being done.

Otherwise women like RAM would get one and .... see'll go around and "cattle prode" guys...

OUch !

One wolf whistle,....by some poor construction guy.... who ain't cute !

She'll "fry" the poor flucker !
 edjoecdn
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 9:50:31 PM
Fluck ! ,..... thats it !!!!

I'm staying home for now on, "sparks" with her tazer and a garden hose.... all soaken wett !!

"FULL of Sparks " doesn't even come close to the visual I have ... if she had one earlier in the year!

Hmmm, but would that be funny ????

Well,...... in a "stop at atraffic accident" sort of way ...maybe.

LOL
 susan_cd
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/20/2008 4:27:45 PM
Apparently they're going to be marketing Tasers for the fashion conscious, including one with a leopard print pattern; get back to me when they come out with a zebra print taser
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 3:44:11 PM

using Personal Tasers for sexual gratification.

There is a new definition to "What ever turns your crank".

You know how we all get points on POF and can send e-mails with gifts - chocolates, flowers etc. I wonder if they could add a "taser for you" option I could send to the people who piss me off on here. Mind you I might not have any points left. lol

Disclaimer this sentiment is not a personal jab at RO.
 susan_cd
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/23/2010 11:09:39 AM
I was roaming around the pond looking for some cage to rattle & found this old thread.

Apparently you CAN carry a small pepperspray dispenser legally but only if you're afraid of a dog attacking you, if the police find it & you say you're carrying it for slef defence in case a person attacks you, you're in trouble.

Why not allow someone to carry a taser in case an animal attacks you? Then if you happen to be attacked by a person, well, it was just lucky for you that you had this taser handy in case a stray dog happened to rush you...

Btw, I found a really neat website ( US based) that sells pepperspray thatlooks like a tube of lipstick & tasers ( not the ones that fire wires, the contact ones) that llok like cell phones
 susan_cd
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/1/2010 7:15:04 AM

are y really gonna have the presence of mind to dig through your purse for your tazer

Probably not, BUT if it's 1 of the tasers I mentioned that looks like a cell phone then chances are I'd be carrying my "cell phone" in my hand & if there was only the 1 attacker then I wouldn't hesitate in using it & ( once the assailant is twitching on the ground) kicking them in the throat.
 susan_cd
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/1/2010 4:12:17 PM

The interesting situation this makes you consider if banning all use of these items keeps them out of criminals hands as well, thereby stopping a lot problems before they start. It probably does

No, actually it just keeps them out of the hands of law-abiding citizens. Criminals by definition are law breakers & probably don't really care if the taser, pepperspray or knife they're carrying is illegal (just look how well the firearms registry keeps criminals from using & possesing firarms).

I'll take my chances & carry the taser once I get it. A friend in the US is allowing me to have it sent to her address then she's gonna repackage it & forward it to me.
 susan_cd
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/1/2010 4:19:33 PM

Forget the kick in the throat there Susan, wonderful way of ending up charged with manslaughter.

Well, like that old saying goes, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

If it came to a situation where someone attacked me, I'd act on the assumption that they are planning to kill me & will respond accordingly.

And if it happened that the person I kicked in the throat has a lengthy list of prior arrests & convictions, & that gets stacked up in court beside my ( lemme do some mental arithmetic here...) 3 parking tickets ( paid) & 1 being stopped for a non working headlight ( repaired) I'll take my chances.

Practice how to use it so the movement is automatic and when you pull it out be 100% willing to use it. Otherwise you may just end up pissing off your assailant and find yourself worse off.

As I said, it's a taser that looks like a cell phone so I'd have it in my hand & wouldn't have to pull it out. Probably the mugger would tell me to give them the cell & I'd reach out to hand it to them then ...surprise!!

I have a friend with paramedic training, when I do get the taser they agreed to standby when I test it on myself to see what effect it has on a person.... it'd be awfully embarassing to use it on an assailant & only then find out I was ripped off & it just gives them a lil tingle.
 susan_cd
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/1/2010 10:10:22 PM

you don't want t live with killin anyone no matter what the jury says

I'd take living with killing someone who was attacking me over having someone who attacked me being charged for killing me.
 susan_cd
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:12:41 PM

If you have incapacitated someone enough for you to decide to kick them in a way to kill them (and while you are at it why not curb stomp them) you have the capability to run away.

But how long will they be incapacitated by a personal taser? And suppose they have a buddy waiting in the shadows? He may be incapacitated for a very short time ( this is a personaltaser,not the type the police use), suppose I turn my backon him & he recovers fast enough to getme frombehind? By kicking him in the throat the current threat is eliminated & you can then make your escape.

You are talking as ignorant as some of the Americans I talk to.

Oh? They don't have any qualms about using force when someone attacks them either? What's wrong with that? I'm not talking about roaming the streets hoping to be attacked so I can administer some street justice; I'm talking about minding your own business & someone attacks you.

Should you try to talk to the person & inquire as to what their intentions are?

"Excuse me sir"( as you try to avoid the baseballbat or bottle he swings at you "Are you just trying to scare me so I give you my wallet,or are you planning to injure or kll me?"

The only sensible response is to 1) run... it may be an option ( thus turning your back on the attacker, not necessarily a good idea) but they may be blocking your escape route;) or 2) assume they plan to seriously injure you or kill you,so you act accodingly.

Letting them hospitalize or kill you in the hope they'll feel remorse & turn over a new leaf... well,if tht's how you want to deal with it when you are attacked, be my guest.

If someone attacks a person they view as an easy target & that victim defends themself & the attacker ( mugger or rapist,whatever their intentions) happens to get killed I'm not going to shed any tears for the attacker.
 susan_cd
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/2/2010 7:13:25 PM
And suppose they had a grandmother that was an alien. And they had tentacles with which to snare you with.

If you're going to smoke that stuff you should share. If that's meant to be a serious argument against defending yourself from an attacker then it's a poor example.

The funny thing about actions is that they can go horribly wrong. The kids you rally against that just want to go for a little joy ride and end up killing someone never meant to have more than a little excitement.

And if they do happen to kill someone when riding in a stolen vehicle.. the term joyriding is ludicrous ( I'm not blaming you, the media uses it & it IS in the criminal code) what difference does it make whether they meant to kill someone while driving around or not? The victim is still dead. The driver should be charged with at least second degree murder & the passengers with aiding & abeting. But if they're driving a stoilen vehicle & plow into your family & kill them all feel free to testify on their behalf atth etrial & explain to th ejudge there's no hardfeelings because they didn't mean to kill your family, it was just one of those things.

The person with the pipe only wanted to scare someone but they end up falling and cracking their head open.

Who ended up falling,the person with the pipe or the person they SAY they only meant to scare? If it's the person with the pipe that fell then good. If it's the victimthen the person with the pipe is the cause of the injury so is guilty. In the US ( if they haven't adjusted the law) should you be commiting a felony & someone dies during the commision of that felony ( whether thru direct action or by accident) the courts in the US consider it first degree murder.

The funny thing about the Americans that I talk to, the ones that believe in justice and eye for an eye never have been in sticky situations. Then there are the one's that have and suggest putting distance between themselves and a threat at first chance.

An eye for an eye would mean that if the attacker tasered me I get to taser them; I'm talking about defending yourself if attacked. As I mentioned in an earlier post running away from the threat can be an option but circumstances may void the option to flee. If you can't escape then defending yourself becomes more likely, and you shouldn't take half measures when defending yourself; the only safe assumption is that the other person intends to kill you .

Each situation is different of course. If escape is blocked and they're a couple feet away with a bat asking for your wallet (or purse) then you can give them what they want & see if they escalate the threat.

The point is if you have to defend yourself then plan to use the "it's either me or them" startegy & kill them ( or severely incapacitate them... thumbs into the eyesockets would probably suffice) to prevent your death.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >