Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whitetiger4204
Msg: 301
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Now I feel so special. You didnt even ask me out
 best kept secret
Msg: 302
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?
Posted: 10/9/2006 8:39:10 PM
9 months/several....
 Griffintown
Msg: 303
Posted: 10/9/2006 9:24:07 PM
Been here for close to a year but active for a little over five months (when springs calls, out goes the internet).

I'm kinda selective in who I approach.
I've met two women, both nice, but it didn't go any further.

Obviously this is not my only source...
But it's fun, if only for my profile review thread.
 Julie1983
Msg: 304
Posted: 10/12/2006 7:56:10 PM
I have been on this site for about 4 months now and have been on one date so far.
 Lost_Soul81
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2006 9:40:29 PM
Ive been here a couple of months and I have been on 0 dates; with any POF members. No interested contacts either, oh well! I cant saY I feel Im missing out on anything though!

Seems like you women are guilty of being wayyyyy too picky online! Get over yourselves.

Ask me about real life and I can tell you Ive had a pretty good summer!

I dunno Im still iffy about the whole POF thing anyways. Seems like its just a waste of time.... I do much much much better in real life! (Ive come to the conclusion that maybe this online thing is not for me)
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 306
Posted: 10/12/2006 9:41:52 PM
7 months. I met one man. I won't be doing that again.
 Law212
Msg: 307
Posted: 10/13/2006 10:58:47 AM
Been here .....a couple weeks maybe, havnt met anyone and only emailed one person so far.
Meeting more women offline right now which is good but have seen some women on here that I wonder why they would need to join a site......then I wonder why I'd need to join a site.

But all for fun i guess.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 308
Posted: 10/13/2006 11:05:46 AM
Almost 2 years. NO dates.
 One Tall Mama
Msg: 309
Posted: 10/23/2006 2:53:56 PM
seems like forever.... LOL.......
 uglytoad
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2006 4:03:53 PM
I've been on this site now for about 1 year and 1/2, although only about 3 months here in Calgary. Its an awesome site to meet people. Not talking dating but making friends. I've never been actually on a date from this site, but have met probably more than 50 people, girls included, but for friendship only. Although the way I have maintained some great friendships and will continue to do so.....Only downer on this site is I wish people would be themselves lol, a lot of phoney's and fakes indeed!!! AHhaha but you can win em all!!

But all in all this is great site to meet people right across Canada! never been to any of the events on here, but been hearing they are pretty cool so may have to check out one of those fairly soon....

Cheers!!!
 Splinter
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2006 4:10:54 PM
Well if you are bored with the site then I suggest that you leave the site and find another way to meet people.
 daisie
Msg: 312
Posted: 10/23/2006 4:18:49 PM
1. Longer than most of you fishies

2. Fewer than most of you fishies

****I'm a mere spectator at the Fish Circus!!******
 abstinent lady
Msg: 313
Posted: 10/23/2006 4:24:37 PM
2 mos......no dates, Don't give tha milk for free....
 Huggie_Bear
Msg: 314
Posted: 10/23/2006 6:24:59 PM
Been here almost two years and had better luck picking up prostitutes.....
 Serendipityone
Msg: 315
Posted: 11/17/2006 1:08:40 PM
verygreeneyez

7 months. I met one man. I won't be doing that again.

I am curious. Do you say that because it was some one from this site or because it was some one you met on line?
 MysticalRose
Msg: 316
Posted: 11/17/2006 2:49:42 PM
I been here since 9/24/06
I prefer certain paid dating sites over this one.. more serious ppl!
But making lot's of friends here...!
I consider this site more of meeting just friends....?
But hey.... ya never know..stranger things have happened...!
 macguyver1
Msg: 317
Posted: 11/17/2006 3:04:44 PM
I have been on this site and americansingles.com for 1 yr 2 months......after out of a 6 year relationship......I have been fairly lucky......last night was my 37th date!!!! Out of 37.....3 have really caught my attention......but 1 was an alchoholic, 2nd turned psycho!!!, 3rd we dated for 8 weeks.....I had to relocate for work...she would not move...so I agree with the Ten Commandments........do not talk about SEX!!, tease and be very slightly****....in a funny way, be sincere, only 1 compliment per night, DO NOT BE NEEDY OR CLINGY (Woman hate this!).......have a great life....people will flock to you......I am on a very sincere search for my very last first date.....no bs, no scams.....but I am not settling until all of the planets align.....and she has about 85% of what I seek.........thank you!!!want GREAT ADVICE GUYS....GO TO www.askmen.com , LADIES CHECK IT OUT ALSO.....GREAT INFORMATION ON THE RULES OF DATING......LOOK UP DOC LOVE......IT CHANGED MY DATING FOREVER!!!!
 sloepoke777
Msg: 318
Posted: 11/17/2006 3:31:57 PM
I have been on this site 7 months, I have been amazed, I have had dates with 12 different men. It depended on the guy, how many times we went out, some more than others. We just didn't click. They were all very nice and very much gentlemen. I met the guy I am seeing regularly now on POF. We have been discussing becoming exclusive and moving our relationship up to a more intimate level. If this happens, I will remove my profile. Even though, now, it is only for email and chat. I am very happy with the men I have met. I was surprised at my age to find so many nice men. I dated 3 of these men several times and became very close friends with them. We still talk and see each other and give each other advice on the opposite sex.

With the email only profile, I have been floored with all the email from around the world, something I had never experienced before.

With the exception of maybe 3 emails, asking for intimate encounters, my experience on pof has been good and pleasant and introduced this older woman to the world of internet dating in a very pleasing manner.
 MysticalRose
Msg: 319
Posted: 11/18/2006 4:10:24 AM
Singlesnet I think along w/ Y personals are 2 of the best....dating sites..!
I have been talking on fone w/ a guy who contacted me thru Y Personal's 4 several months now... He's a Science Teacher from Philly, were suppose 2 meet this month..! AmericanSingles was ok..!
I have met one psycho on here...! lol
Just gotta watch 4 the Red Flags w/ any site..?
Hope u find what ur looking 4 macguyver1....!
 Gravelroaddriver
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2006 3:37:19 PM
Let's see...over a year.....and this is the result:

Few emails, couple brief chats, one no show when it came time to meet (man, I hate being stood up), and a 7 month relationship, which has gotten me a good friend. So, in a way it has resulted in one good thing.

Strangely enough, when things started going between my last girlfriend & I (the 7 months) I suddenly was getting ladies contacting me.

This is the way it went down:

I hadn't been on for a couple weeks, as I was seeing my new flame, and considering the fact barely anyone had really contacted me for over 6 months anyway, I didn't see reason to check messages nor bother changing the profile to "taken" right away....seeing as there had been so far & few before. When I logged on again a couple weeks into the relationship to change my profile to say I was 'seeing someone' and no longer looking, I foudn had 4 messages from various ladies waiting for me........ What is up with that? Suddenly I am more atractive because I am seeing someone? Yes, I know, they woudl have no idea I was 'taken........SO, maybe some special vibes being given off from my profile then?

Was just weird.

Now I am back to no one contacting me.......can't win. Guess I will sit here and just watch the
 Gravelroaddriver
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 7:36:07 PM
Well, Banane, I'd date you.... ......but where the heck is BASEL?
 hummee
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 7:49:30 PM
17 months (give or take). Met five for coffee -- became more than friendly with two and
the third might yet happen.

Put yourself out there -- have fun -- be nice -- and chances are you'll meet nice people who are looking for the same thing you are.

Justunilife
Msg: 323
Posted: 11/20/2006 7:56:10 PM
I’ve been on here for probably around a year now. Who keeps track of that? Haha ..

Dates: 0 .. yes .. 0

Haha .. However, I have had a ton of interesting conversations and made a lot of interesting people and msn friends. But when it comes down to dates, nothing ..

Have a little patience and faith, because we’ll all get our chance when the right person takes in that extraordinary interest in you.
 Puddles-at-work
Msg: 324
Posted: 11/21/2006 3:19:51 AM
Just over a month and zero dates from here..................

Nobody loves me
Everbody hates me
Think I'll go and eat worms.........................

La la la la la la la la la la la

But then having looked at others length and numbers, I will just be patient............
 Souvenir
Msg: 325
Posted: 11/21/2006 7:59:00 AM
a few douches but then again I am a tool so yeah it's been pretty good, I still hang out and chat with guys I have met more than a year ago. for the most part the experience here has been stellar.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?