Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Calibre
Msg: 241
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Been on here a couple of months now. Three dates, and a couple of flakes. It's all an adventure to me, so i'm enjoying myself.

That said, the forums have sucked me in, and I haven't really been focused on anything else on this site.
 mheath4
Msg: 242
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?
Posted: 11/21/2006 11:32:46 AM
too long, and none
 halbailman
Msg: 243
Posted: 1/14/2007 3:48:22 AM
Welll I've been here since When it says under my name.

I Met one super nice girl whom I had tea with who gave me a wonderfull testamonial and will be a friend as long as I can have her friendship.
Talked to a couple of other girls via POF mail then via E-mail then via MSN
but other than that nothing and i don't really care. I get the odd message from someone that works into a conversation or perhapse it doesn't

It'll come when it comes...
 Nissim
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/15/2007 8:49:46 AM
Wow, I'm impressed.
 Nissim
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/15/2007 8:52:51 AM
Yes, but I'm not always the one to pay for my friends' dinner. The first dates I've been on where we went for dinner, I alweays paid for her, even when she had decided not to see me for a second time.
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2007 1:57:47 PM
I have been on here since 05/29/06 and I have had NO woman contact me for a anything out side of saying thank you for my advice, asking for some additional advice, and business solicitation (though I am glad she did contact me, now I know where I get my outfit created when I am ready). But not for the purpose I intended, which is to find some I can spend my time with and build something long-term with. And though I am flattered that both would date me (or so they said). The one who is single saids the distance is the problem. She does not know that I have taken a day long Greyhound trip to see one lady or held a long distance relationship with a woman who lives in New Zealand for almost two years. Distance is not a problem for my love. It is the women who wind up having the problem. So, that is my dark histroy and this is why I have been in a very dark mood of late. NO ONE BELIEVES I AM WORTH HER TIME.
 Random Entry
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2007 1:32:39 AM
Let's see... you are about my age, my sign, different major metropolitan area. You gotta sell yourself a little. Read my bio, I have been here two weeks have no picture up, admit to a partial disability even and have many women I am talking with including two local women who have already brought up the date scenario. I have ever so politely refused for the time being. Just finished IMing with one a few minutes ago. I got another first contact yesterday from a woman about my age from reading my opinions here in the forums, though she lives some distance away unfortunately. I am a happy camper, as they would say. I am holding back on the dating just yet. I am still trying to get used to the idea of using any dating service much less an electronic one.

I don't mean any personal offense by this but your About Me section is downright depressing. It reads like a guy who is about ready to hit the bell tower with .50 BMG Rifle. If you are not related to Malvo then do not act like it! Nobody wants to meet a wet blanket. They want fun, excitement, and to be stirred a little. You don't have to be the next Cosby but give them something.

Also can the Bible quote. I like the bible. It's a great book of wisdom. But About Me is not to talk of your existentialist depression, it's to sell yourself a little. What you did in your words is confuse the bejesus out of anyone reading that malarchy. You have to at least make an effort to try to connect before you can even count a failure.

And those ten picts above the mail, click on them and email anyone who sounds interesting to you. Ditto with the search where you can do it local. That is what they are there for. I don't mean to be rough on you, I'm trying to wake you up to smell the coffee here!

If you current game hasn't worked for you then change it up a notch!
If you can't think of some changes yourself, try the forums where they review your profile and give suggestions. That one guy doing them is really funny and good at it.
 nomenome
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/16/2007 1:55:52 AM
I've been on here for about 4 months now, and have met aprx 10-12? That's not dates, just 'meets'. Been out on dates with a cple, but - no luck. Actually met a man at the bank, and dated him for a cple of weeks - he started talking about moving in together and how things would be after we were married - bit too quick for me. Have some great guys I talk to (email), but they live a bit far away for dating. Have found that most of the men build up to the 'meet', and then disappear - what are the odds that they are ALL being abducted by aliens?
 edge_of_dawn
Msg: 249
Posted: 1/29/2008 3:26:25 PM
Two Years... Two Dates... Two "almost dates"... Countless Emails...
 packagedealx3
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 3:30:33 PM
Two years, two relationships that took me off the market for a total of a year between the two, and probably about a dozen first meets and a couple from those that were more than 2-3 dates.
 yoodle
Msg: 251
view profile
History
How long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:35:19 PM
In 16 months, I've had 7 dates--if meet-n-greet counts. Of those I've met 2 more than once, and only one of those more than twice. None was in my life more than a month, nor grew important.
I've had months of email exchanges and hours-long phone conversations with a couple of fish I've never met. These conversations were sometimes flirty, had some substance, amounted to comparing notes, soothing wounds and confusion and indignations about dating in general, longer relationships gone sour--some as they were evolving/dissolving. Good friendly guys to talk with, I doubt we will ever meet.
 Indiananurse
Msg: 252
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:10:34 PM
Been on here two weeks, four dates with one great guy :)
 CatchinNJ
Msg: 253
Posted: 4/13/2008 9:16:23 AM
4 months, one date...by scanning through this thread it kinda proves that women have it far easier to get dates...now meeting the right guy might be a different story.
 Discreet Playmate
Msg: 254
Posted: 4/13/2008 9:32:35 AM
You haven't "been there done that" yet baby until you've been out with me!!!
 Jezebelle_NY
Msg: 255
Posted: 4/13/2008 9:35:37 AM
I've been on here for about 4 months now. Zero dates. But I'm not really looking either, I came here really just to get a feel for the internet dating scene in general and for the forums. You say to say whatever's on the mind? Okay...I had never heard of the whole "older women are bitter" thing until I came here. My personal experiences with IRL encounters have really all boiled down to basically an assessment of acceptable levels of 'baggage' from both people towards each other. The bar scene is tough, at least for women. The last time I let a guy buy me a drink, I couldn't get rid of him all night. The time before that, the guy told me he was looking for somebody without any baggage-and then in the things he told me about himself it was very clear that he himself carried a ton. The single dating pool over 35ish is full of double edged swords in almost every direction: there is criticism for those who have failed relationships in their past and there is something wrong with you if you have gotten to this point in your life and are still single. My opinion is, there is no right or wrong, there is only opinion. There are 2 choices: accept the entire package or keep looking. I am 42 years old. I am not going to change anything about myself just to gamble a small chance that it just might please someone else. Here I am, take it or leave it.
But, bitter? Oh please, don't even get me started
 tinag35
Msg: 256
Posted: 4/13/2008 10:41:33 AM
let's see, i've been on here for over a month...i've had more guys just wanting to email back and forth..from that group maybe a total of 3 guys calling me back and forth chatting..from THAT group...a big 0...no meetings yet...
i'm over it already.
 gearset
Msg: 257
Posted: 4/13/2008 1:57:40 PM
Ive been here twice about two weeks the first time around and had about 5 contacts and 3 dates. The 3rd date I really like her and quit the site to be fair and hoped for the best. Long story short it turned out to be a "proffesional dater" face red here.

So I joined 2nd time and have had about 3 weeks and 2 dates and 5 or 6 contacts that havent gone anywhere yet.

The site is what it is, you have to understand that we are all damaged here...broken lives, disappointments and the list goes on and on.

Patience is the key and not lumping gender traits into a mold helps a great deal.

So keep smiling and trying and the right one will come your way, I promise.
Michael
 RedHeadedHotMom
Msg: 258
Posted: 4/13/2008 2:59:17 PM
Been here about a mth ...met a guy right off the bat that I hit it off with ...kept seeing him but talked or met a few others ...wanted to make sure ...tons of contact , some phone conversation and about 5 "dates' but he is the only one I wanted to see again...so ...changed my profile to state I was unavailable and am gonna see where it goes.
Would leave the site but love the forums ...they're addicting lol!
 kevinlovett1976
Msg: 259
Posted: 4/13/2008 3:18:55 PM
Since September......3 Dates from POF.
 Velvetbunny
Msg: 260
Posted: 4/13/2008 3:22:56 PM
I have been on here several times, about 6 months in total I guess and I have been on about 15 dates. Really nice guys. I have some really good friends now from it.
 TheReason_
Msg: 261
Posted: 4/13/2008 3:48:06 PM
Hmmmm

Been here about a year. Met hmmmm about 13 different people. It's been good. Varying amounts of chemistry. Still friends with some of them. Still looking though, until I find someone who will make me want to stop looking. It's all good, I don't regret meeting any of them. But like others have said I'll just keep on looking etc. This is the only site I'm on. Can't be bothered with the others.
 cupcrazy
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2008 3:52:18 PM
No dates yet but have talked to women but never went anywhere
 HDynasty81
Msg: 263
Posted: 4/14/2008 4:18:03 AM
A little over a month and met no one from this particular site as of yet.
 tomkylibritt
Msg: 264
8 months
Posted: 4/14/2008 4:19:14 AM
I have been on for 8 months. I have sent 18 emails and no response from them. I was looking for someone to talk too.
 VirgoGrl
Msg: 265
Posted: 4/14/2008 5:06:12 AM
How can anyone get bored of take a number dating? I love kissing - its so romantic.
I've had about 7 dates now and 'I've been on for a month. Works for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?