Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adonsia
Msg: 26
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?Page 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I have discovered the forum about a week ago... was just a timid to join in...

But.. HELL why not...

Think i'll probably just do this for a bit - and put searching on hold... if anyone who fits my quotta appeals to me then i'll consider dating..maybeeeeeeeeee...
 bosslady
Msg: 27
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?
Posted: 5/24/2005 9:00:38 AM
@ Frrosty: I have been here a few months now and have met a lot of great people in person..most coffee dates...and I love it when a guy takes me to dinner on a first date. I dont' expect it because if they assume they are paying I guess many want to make sure they are not being taken advantage of. I always offer to pay my share mind you but I do feel respected and appreciated when they insist on paying.

I love this site and have had no real negative experiences. I guess since I am not looking for the perfect guy in terms of a soul mate..I meet anyone who intrigues me on some level because you never know who is going to enrich your life in some way. Having no expectations just makes it fun to meet new people and if something goes further then it's a bonus.

I have recently met someone who fascinates me on many levels and I am looking forward to seeing where it will lead.

So Frrosty please don't consider leaving...the intelligence and wisdom of your posts has me scratching my head that you are still single! If only you lived closer...mmmmm ...yummy! lol As for the rest of you...keep in mind that this is an awesome free site and new people are joining every day! I for one love POF...the forums and the people I have met. Hang in there...it's all good!
 Frrosty
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/24/2005 9:13:54 AM
^ Great post.

And thank you.
 adonsia
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/24/2005 9:23:43 AM
GREAT THREAD... and THANK U...
(FRROST)

see don't ya leave.... I too enjoy your input & feedback.....

ROCK ON ...Bro... bbbbb
 bucsgirl
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/24/2005 9:25:23 AM
I've been on here going on 3 months. Was here before under another name. I've gone out with several people, only 1 I would go out with again. Possibly this weekend, but it's Memorial Day and my b-day, so not a good weekend for a date. Rather be with my kids.
 adonsia
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/24/2005 9:26:37 AM
GREAT THREAD... and THANK U...
(FRROST)

see don't ya leave.... I too enjoy your input & feedback.....

ROCK ON ...Bro...
 adonsia
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/24/2005 9:34:43 AM
Hey Bucs....

Happy B'day... Have a GOOD one..

Just wanna wish you all the BEST and good-luck on that date...:) ....

bucsgirl
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/24/2005 9:40:31 AM
THanks hon!!! I know one of my kids has something BIG in store!! My birthday is Sunday and Monday is Memorial Day, so sounds like a family weekend, not a date weekend. Plus he deserves to be strung along a little bit more. Crap, I just realized it's a guy from HERE!! Woops...oh well he doesn't do the forums.....
 jmcpof
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/24/2005 9:50:14 AM
I have been on and off for about 8 months.....had a great few dates with a hot cowboy....made a really good friend, no matter what will be friends, had two dates with men that were creepy and slimy, yuk........and went off site as I was dating someone from site....he can't walk the talk....so back on line.....almost ready to give it up.....but there are a couple I have my eye on...lol...
 pouyqwert_nd
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:07:29 AM
Lets see.
I've been on here for 2 months. I joined the site to find an activity parnter in ND when I travel there. I've chatted with a 3, met one for a drink, which turned into dinner, which turned into dancing with turned into a good bye kiss the next morning.
I've only seen her once, but we still chat almost daily and will be having dinner again, the next time I'm there.
 adonsia
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:32:05 AM
FID ... never meant it that way...

but - comon...

Coffee after Coffee w/ someone on a pretense level (profile) leading you on?

they shouldn't hide what they are... nor pretend they're SELF-EMPLOYED.. when they get a receipt for every mileage on the GAS... it goes NOWHERE!
COFFEE IS NO DATE!!
 Frrosty
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:32:26 AM
I suppose mostly the guys in here don't have great jobs or any (for that matter)

Or they have the time and money to afford themselves the luxury of slacking off.

(probably a mixture of both extremes really)

Lets see.
I've been on here for 2 months. I joined the site to find an activity parnter in ND when I travel there. I've chatted with a 3, met one for a drink, which turned into dinner, which turned into dancing with turned into a good bye kiss the next morning.
I've only seen her once, but we still chat almost daily and will be having dinner again, the next time I'm there.

Congrats guy; I would call that a mutual success. I had two of those off another site, though, quite some time ago (year and a half?)when I was more fluid in my time and finances.

Nice to hear.

P.S.

he can't walk the talk

I think this is the main reason why so many chicken out or find a way to disappear when a date is the next obvious progression in your conversations. (and one of my biggest frustrations) Heckl; if you can talk it so well, EVEN IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, you probably CAN walk it pretty darned well too!!

Just go for it for Gods sake.

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUCS!!!! :D
 adonsia
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:35:36 AM
Bucs ... I know what ya mean....

Met one online, just told him to join in the Forums... don't know if he has as of yet...

anyway, Good-luck!!!....

(just wanted to wish you the best -didn't know if i'd see you online)..
 adonsia
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:08:51 AM
HAHHA... Great factors...

My point being was ..........

Once a LIE...always one.... weather JOB/Status/ ID...etc..

I don't wanna waste MY time w/ someone OVER COFFEE that is / and will hold no value either.. that being HONESTY!!

Hope ya understand it now?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:27:27 AM
Thanks frosty!!
I think what my buddy adonsia means is that meeting for coffee should not be considered a date. I like to meet for coffee or a drink first off, that way you're not stuck having to spend a whole evening with someone that you have no interest in. That's happened to me one too many times, for me, I'd RATHER meet for a drink or coffee, just a time to sit and chat FACE to FACE see how that comes off. Then, if you like you can make plans to make the date longer, if you can, or make plans for some other time. Meeting for a coffee is a OK let's see how we do in person type of thing.....
 adonsia
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:34:03 AM
LOL!!....gee Thx...

ya WEATHER...

FEW...or is it PHEWWWWWWW.... ... LMPAO:
 Jetplague
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:34:40 AM
Month or so....and only two....like...two years ago.
 Frrosty
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:43:15 AM
you're not stuck having to spend a whole evening with someone that you have no interest in

I can make this tough 2 ways.

1) You do have an interest or you wouldn't be there in the first place.

2) How do you find interest in 15 minutes-30 minutes? Doesn't it take you that long to get comfortable with the situation and surroundings on a first date anyways? Now you wil be using that buffer toime as your sole judgement on interest level?

Wow; we sure are speding up as a dating or courting society hu?

And if my date, the person, is a dud, or simply a nice good person but not one I wish to f*ck like a wildcat after my desert; AT LEAST I can still enjoy my steak n potatoes with a neat special Caesar recipe in a fun environment "out"....no?

I LIKE being out n about.
 moist
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:46:18 AM
in 15-30 mins you can tell if you want to work at it or not.
 TXMoma
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:54:07 AM
Been here about 3 months ...met a guy and we went out and it was like we clicked right off the bat..... he lived close by and called me 3-4 times a day and we e-mailed when he was away for business. He was really an awesome guy and I would have been happy to be with him .... but...he turned into a self abosorbed person and is no longer in my life.
Made me sad but hey there is always something better around the corner !
 adonsia
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:55:16 AM
100% in accordance to your response BUCS..

Like stated before met a few..and don't know why it is that guyz (guy's) consider meet'n as a friend even offline would consider it a DATE (when it is only a date of interest).

I do believe it is an official encounter to see (meet) the person FACE to FACE -and break the ice.. but to figure him totally would be a loss if he's even lied about his (BIO) and playing detective is not my idea of a date either... nor leading someone on.... just to get in her pants..

Isn't that what the 20 yr. old's do..(at the Clubs) but it takes all kinds...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:56:27 AM
Why frosty, are you trying to pick my brain or pick at it, rather??
Not tough at all. I have an interest in the man as he has PROJECTED himself. Would you be interested in a woman who gave you a completely different picture either real picture and/or description and then in person appeared totally different? I've had men lie about their height! Now THAT is just too dumb for words. What are they expecting to always stay seated and never get out of their chair?? I've had guys lie to me about age, weight, height, all sorts of things. I don't need 15 minutes ot 5 minutes for that matter to find out that someone lied and do I want to continue....HELL NO!! You lie, it's over. Period. If you lie about small things, you are certain to lie about bigger things.
I do go out with someone that I'm mildly interested in, but yes, do give it a chance. Well, some people in person are just boring, can't carry a conversation. I'm a hard woman to match up with and I know that. Am I sitting around whining about it?
I am pretty much comfortable from the get-go, but that's me. And to me, having to spend most of an evening trying to enjoy a dinner with someone when I'd rather go to the ladies room and then take off through the back door....not worth it. I'd rather be sitting at home watching TV having a tuna salad sandwich than having a filet mignon dinner with a man I'm not into.
Plus, then if you even appear that you're having a good time (out of sheer politeness, and maybe sometimes because they're driving and I don't have my car handy, or consider it rude to barf in the wine bucket) they assume they're getting along well, when you know that this is the first and last date. Period.
Hey, frosty it's different for women. I'm one of those what you see is what you get, if you like it fine, if you don't, that's fine too. I don't get stressed out either way.
 lassiter
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:06:29 PM
for about a month---no dates, no regrets.
 adonsia
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:06:31 PM
BuCS....

Woooooooooohoooooooo....That's how I feel.... or FELT...

Just didn't know how to express in the way you have...E X C E L L E N T!!

B R A V A !!!!!
 adonsia
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/24/2005 12:08:09 PM

Lass Good way to look at it. ...

All the best!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?