Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oggers
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Asda to fine parking cheatsPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I hope that it does encourage other stores to follow suit - some of these people just take the mickey - I had a "discussion" with a guy once who parked his Lotus Elise in the disabled bay as I was walking past , politely reminding him that he was in a disabled bay - his excuse was that he had to park there as his doors were so wide ..

And tan - ddraig - absolutely right !
 oggers
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Asda to fine parking cheats
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:14:38 PM

This is not hearsay and supposition by the way, this is legal fact that has been tested many times in the courts, and as such most Supermarkets/private companies will not even bother to take you to small claims as they know the chance of them winning is tiny. They will just try to force you to pay using bluff and bluster. If you let the company know that you are aware they can only claim for loss of revenue, then that will be enough to make them halt. How many companies do you think would take you through small claims for the possible chance of £1 ?

The supermarket concerned put a representative up on Radio 5 last night and was asked if they had a legal right to issue fines - they claimed that all their supermarkets were managed by a car parking company ( name escapes me) , registered at the DVLA (?) and yes they were legally allowed to issue fines .

Does your information still apply ?
 upupupupaway
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:35:26 PM
This was featured on Jeremy Vine prog today where both sides of the arguement were aired..together with mother/child places------I thought the person who said blue badge holders don't need special facilities they can park where they like when they like made a lot of sense ..as did the bloke who supported the disabled when he also agreed that the people who mostly abused the facility were the partner/carer of the disabled persons who are NOT entitled to use the badge----how many times do you see people with nothing wrong with them get out of the car.

There is a need for supermarkets to cater for disabled drivers......but making financial threats and itimidating people aint the way to go about it----spend a bit of the profit and create a job for some one to moniter the system to try and achieve a balance---whats a few times £20k out of the many millions they make...and how much would they have to spend on marketing compared to all the freee publicity they are now getting---a well thought out plan if you ask me...maybe I'm just cynical...nah, they wouldn't...they wouldn't "use" the disabled as a publicity stunt...no they definately wouldn't.
 oggers
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 12:36:48 PM
well, I learnt something new , thanks guys

It doesnt really affect me as I never park either in the disabled bays or in the drop off / collect zone, but its nice to know that they have no legal right to extort money from me !
 stevencl
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:11:20 PM
Up here in Scotland, legislation is in the pipe-line and will hopefully be passed this year and will cover all private car parks, supermarkets etc. and the fine will be£60. My suggestion would be to pressurise your M.P's or whoever to adopt this legislation. Also wheel-clamping is illegal up here and there is no trespass law. Coucils anywhere in the U.K. can issue fines but only on public roads and council owned car parks and only if the appropriate traffic regulation is in place.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >