Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 20
what should the leafs do ?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Interesting to note, on the Fan (sports radio station in Toronto) all the callers thought the firing of Fergie Jr. was a good thing but not enough. They want this team blown up and Peddie gone.

Also Darren Pang and Kelly Hrudy agrreed it was time for Mats to move on for the good of the team.
With Peddie still deciding on the next GM and President the circus that is the Leafs will continue.

God Bless You Richard Peddie!
 rit18
Msg: 22
what should the leafs do ?
Posted: 1/24/2008 8:45:59 PM
Contract and move to Sheboygan
 Kaos86
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/25/2008 12:28:15 PM
"What Should The Leafs Do"?

Punt!
 Kaos86
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/2/2008 9:55:47 AM
"What should the Leafs do?"

QUIT
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 8:37:26 AM
The Leafs have had 4 good seasons in the past 14 years. 93, 94, 99, 02 were all seasons where they went to the conference finals, but it was 93 that was their best season. The only way they got that far in 99 and 02 was great goaltending (Joseph in 99 and Belfour in 02). 1993 was by far their best season because the whole roster was good NOT just their goalie. It was too bad for the non call on Gretzky's highstick which would have won them them the game and the series in six games. This bad call was not a conspirisy as some think, it was just a missed call. Fraser should have asked a linesmen what happened, I'm sure it was very embarassing for Fraser after seeing replays. Some can argue that the Leafs still had a game seven, that's not the real point when called correctly this series is over in six. No team should have to beat their opponents AND the officials. It will probably be 3 years before they make the playoffs and 10 before they go past the first round.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 9:27:33 AM
Let's face it, that call would have won them the game. If you can't score on a 5 minute powerplay you suck, and that's what a high stick with blood would be in 1993. I agree it doesn't guarantee they would have gone on to win the Stanley Cup, but I do think the missed call DID cost them this game and the series.
I think some are still bitter because it's been so long since a champion year and this one was a good year where they didn't deserve to lose. It's a tough pill to swallow when your fate is not in your control, but the officials. It would have been easier if they had blown the game themselves and not been a vicitm of a bad call. This will not be forgotten by some fans until they finally win, which may never happen.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2008 1:21:08 PM
Hi Ruich, I'm a Leaf fan and am over it, I was just responding to your comments. It would never have been brought up had you not said they haven't had a good team since 93. I was just correcting or reminding you of the 94, 99 and 02 seasons where they finished in the final 4. That's all
 Kaos86
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/8/2008 8:38:08 PM
so. here is your 2010 leafs line up...
Tavares
Stamkos
Aquired Number 1 center
Pono
Blake??
Wellwood
Steen
Stajan
Kaberle
Aquired Top D
White
Plus others we might be able to aquire

Toskala
Poggy

It's that easy!

Leafs fans are the greatest!

Has anyone checked on Pucky since that 8-0 shellacking?
I am worried about him.
 Kaos86
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/9/2008 8:52:19 AM

Leafs are gonna get themselves some barbecued Wings this afternoon and move to within 5 points of the Strangers with a game in hand.

Sly obviously you do not get it.

The answer for the Leafs is in the draft.
Blow this thing up.
Take a run at Stamkos and Taveras the next two years.
Beating the Wings and Montreal is just more of a screw up for the Leafs.
They have no chance at making the playoffs with this hapless crew.

How about friendly wager on todays game.
I take the Wings.
The loser stays off the forum for 2 weeks?
 Kaos86
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/9/2008 9:46:54 AM
I take it that was an acceptance of the terms?
 Kaos86
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/9/2008 10:55:01 AM
Sly,
Best wishes with the family. My prayers to all of you.

I was hoping that prairie would take the bait/ er challenge also.
2 weeks off of both this and the other hockey forum....yes?
 Kaos86
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/9/2008 11:28:06 AM
I hope Pucky is Ok.
I do like the kid.
Just wonder about him sometimes.

We are on for both!
 Kaos86
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/3/2008 11:39:15 AM
All I know is what I read and here. I live nearby half the year and it was all over the media. Fans Columnists and pundits. The majority does not want him back.

It is not what the Leafs should do... it is what the league should do. This hockey team is a abysmal failure and the league should strip the franchise from the current ownership and sell to someone who actually cares to compete rather than to maximize the teachers pension fund.

Ontario has been and still is the top producing area for NHL players. There is a direct correlation between minor hockey enrollment and the Leafs inning percentage. When the Leafs do well so does Ontario Minor Hockey and that is good for the NHL and Canada.
 Kaos86
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/3/2008 2:03:32 PM
I could not have said it better my self. But wait... that is exactly what I have been saying here all season long.

Finally the truth.
Where is Pucky?
 Kaos86
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:42:35 AM
What should the leafs do?

Relocate... Toronto deserves a real NHL franchise!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >