Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > If you are a middle aged man .      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 62
If you are a middle aged man .Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I think it's quite easy to "get" a younger person. It is not easy, however, to have a good, solid relationship with that very young person. We all know the reasons why, we all know that sometimes it works, but USUALLY it ends up being a relationship based on sex. Nothing wrong with that, for me, but don't pretend it's some deep emotional bond you have because you're such a hep cat so all the young chicks dig ya so bad. It's lust and getting your rocks off.

I get hit upon by 25 yrs olds ALL the time because they think "older women have less drama". Of course we do, dearies--we're f ooking you, not having a relationship with you.
 ColumbiaSingle
Msg: 63
If you are a middle aged man .
Posted: 6/6/2008 12:30:24 PM
"It still boils down to f*ck 'em and chuck 'em"

Well, it may indeed come down to that. However, at least the young man wants to do the deed with me and finds me sexually attractive. I don't want to get married any way. Apparently, due to biology and evolutionary concerns, I am not f...able at all by an older man so I don't care if a young man's only goal is f... & chuck em. Beats the hell out of nothing at all from an older man except critisism, put downs and predictions of no sex ever again for being female and older, while they remain virile and "experienced." WTF?
 NobleSir
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/6/2008 6:04:09 PM
The typical desperate guy spreads the widest net possible. The less experienced follow the social adage that younger is sexier. There is also the angle that the younger girls are easier to impress. I always wonder if they just can't compete with the women their own age for in my experience I'm looking forward to aging and continueing to date those around my age a couple years younger or a few older is fine but I'm finding the older the better. Or maybe it was just the water when our crew grew up but I find while relationships are fewer and farther between the rewards far greater even when ending in failure.

oh no offence in the " typical desperate guy" comment but it's genetics that we seek to mate to alone no matter how many ways we tell our selves we choose to be alone,. We all in the same boat.

don't forget this is but my own little opinion and not needed to be taken to anger. :)
 crayonzz
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/6/2008 6:05:52 PM
Lets see now.

Mid aged man into camping, motorcycling, rolerblading, skateboarding, surfing, rock music, and go karting.

Mid aged woman into resturants, womens trash rags, crochet, astrology, and not much else.

Yea I think I would have to look to a young one for a similar range of interests.
 ColumbiaSingle
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/9/2008 8:03:43 AM
here are my middle aged activities

Reading (real books not trash mags - Under the Wire right now about GITMO)

Digital Photography and B&W photography - I use my own equipment at home (scanner, multiple printers)

Gardening - Ok kinda old lady but gee it sure does give you exercise and joy

Friends, beer and grilling.

I can still go dancing and partying if I want to. I choose not to but anytime I feel the urge it is not hard for me to mingle, dance and have fun with people of all ages.

Collecting 1950s kitchen stuff.

I also work 45 plus hours as a litigation paralegal and I do go to court and I don't type any one's letters.

If you find this boring, then so be it.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > If you are a middle aged man .